Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread 21:46 - Mar 29 with 2927 viewsGhanaDale

Can someone explain to me why people were being allowed to buy tickets for the away end when the match was all ticket and we'd sold out our allocation and were told no tickets would be on sale?

There were over 1000 empty seats in that stadium today, I'm sure we could've got at least another 100 of us in there if they'd organised it properly!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 21:52 - Mar 29 with 2887 viewscon_dale

In the bar before game there was as announcement that there was 25 ticket for the away end that Rochdale had returned!
ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 21:54 - Mar 29 with 2866 viewsGhanaDale

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 21:52 - Mar 29 by con_dale

In the bar before game there was as announcement that there was 25 ticket for the away end that Rochdale had returned!

Ah I must've missed that, only popped in there for a quick pint.
Just found it really strange haha

www.facebook.com/projectaura

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 23:45 - Mar 29 with 2667 viewsSuddenLad

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 21:52 - Mar 29 by con_dale

The other version is that Fleetwood had purposely retained 50 tickets in the event that Dale supporters arrived without.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 23:48 - Mar 29 with 2658 viewsMoonyDale

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 23:45 - Mar 29 by SuddenLad

The other version is that Fleetwood had purposely retained 50 tickets in the event that Dale supporters arrived without.

That's the correct version....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 08:30 - Mar 30 with 2528 viewsThe_DJ

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 21:54 - Mar 29 by GhanaDale

Ah I must've missed that, only popped in there for a quick pint.
Just found it really strange haha

We sat next to the divide between both sets of fans and it was moved as there were not enough seats at 3pm.
We were also told that tickets could have been bought on the day for our section of seats at the Stadium.

Got to say that in the stadium the running of things was very professional and the numbering of the stewards is something that should be brought in at Rochdale..
ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 09:00 - Mar 30 with 2466 viewsboromat

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 08:30 - Mar 30 by The_DJ

We sat next to the divide between both sets of fans and it was moved as there were not enough seats at 3pm.
We were also told that tickets could have been bought on the day for our section of seats at the Stadium.

Got to say that in the stadium the running of things was very professional and the numbering of the stewards is something that should be brought in at Rochdale..

I thought the only reason that there 'wasn't enough' seats was because stewards had said it wasn't reserved seating and you could sit anywhere. That's what the steward told me, we were there early enough so sat in our seats anyway. But it was a bit sill saying sit anywhere was always going to cause problems with the game being sold out.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 10:08 - Mar 30 with 2383 viewsBrighouseDale

I wish it had been mentioned at some point that there were two types of standing tickets, one for the terrace behind the goal and one for the pavement at the side of the pitch. Luckily I got there early and stood right at the front, but for those who got there a bit later the view would have been crap, having to stand behind people on a flat surface. There was a lot of complaining to be heard along the lines of "I've paid sixteen quid for THIS?!"

Looked like the nightclub bouncers were having a few arguments trying to keep people out of the section behind the goal.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 11:42 - Mar 30 with 2252 viewsRibbleblue

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 09:00 - Mar 30 by boromat

I thought the only reason that there 'wasn't enough' seats was because stewards had said it wasn't reserved seating and you could sit anywhere. That's what the steward told me, we were there early enough so sat in our seats anyway. But it was a bit sill saying sit anywhere was always going to cause problems with the game being sold out.

Agreed.Four of us arrived about ten minutes before kick off with barely two seats available together,let alone four.Then to be told by the people in "our" seats that the stewards had told people to sit where they wanted.This,after being told by Fleetwood FC in the week that we would have to sit in our allotted seats.After making our feelings known to the stewards they opened up the section adjoining Fleetwood's fans.
So unneccesary though,causing friction between Dale fans.
Login to get fewer ads

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 12:26 - Mar 30 with 2188 viewsR17ALE

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 10:08 - Mar 30 by BrighouseDale

I wish it had been mentioned at some point that there were two types of standing tickets, one for the terrace behind the goal and one for the pavement at the side of the pitch. Luckily I got there early and stood right at the front, but for those who got there a bit later the view would have been crap, having to stand behind people on a flat surface. There was a lot of complaining to be heard along the lines of "I've paid sixteen quid for THIS?!"

Looked like the nightclub bouncers were having a few arguments trying to keep people out of the section behind the goal.

It was very easy to smuggle fans from the uncovered section to behind the net though. I think dozens managed to switch causing alarm amongst the stewards who insisted no more fans be let through into the away end. If Fleetwood are serious about getting to the Championship, then they are going to have to rebuild their away infrastructure at some point.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 12:40 - Mar 30 with 2151 views442Dale

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 12:26 - Mar 30 by R17ALE

It was very easy to smuggle fans from the uncovered section to behind the net though. I think dozens managed to switch causing alarm amongst the stewards who insisted no more fans be let through into the away end. If Fleetwood are serious about getting to the Championship, then they are going to have to rebuild their away infrastructure at some point.

They didn't check my ticket at any point, nor any of those coming out of the toilets at half time. It was pure guesswork.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 12:52 - Mar 30 with 2114 viewsBrighouseDale

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 12:26 - Mar 30 by R17ALE

Or at least extend the terrace so it actually covers the end of the pitch. Don't get me wrong, I had a brilliant view from the side, and couldn't have been closer to the action (was toe to toe with Bunny at one point). But the shorter people behind me would have struggled, and I wouldn't want to stand there if it was raining.

Edit- Bunney. Still mastering the word correction on my new phone.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2014 12:55]

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 13:00 - Mar 30 with 2101 viewsValleySaddler

ANOTHER Fleetwood Ticket Thread on 11:42 - Mar 30 by Ribbleblue

Agreed.Four of us arrived about ten minutes before kick off with barely two seats available together,let alone four.Then to be told by the people in "our" seats that the stewards had told people to sit where they wanted.This,after being told by Fleetwood FC in the week that we would have to sit in our allotted seats.After making our feelings known to the stewards they opened up the section adjoining Fleetwood's fans.
So unneccesary though,causing friction between Dale fans.

It seems the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing........
Close to kick off people were moved out of seats behind me because the fans holding the tickets for those seats arrived.
First thing i was told on arrival was that there was 70 tickets available.A bit strange when both clubs were telling ticketless fans not to travel!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024