Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what does everyone on here do for a living 08:43 - Jul 3 with 39940 viewsrrrspricey

...or pretend to do when the're actually spending their days trawling through the sh1t posted on here

I work as a Project Manager for a private medical insurer in sunny Tunbridge Wells
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 23:18 - Jul 3 with 2578 viewsIrishR

Wish I was SWP but unfortunately im a telecoms engineer in the IMS department(voice and data convergence). Has some plus points as we basically travel 99% of the time. Been in Germany the last 10 months working on a project for PSTN transformation(circuit switched and analog to IP/Voip homephones) and VoLTE/4g. Being away from home can take its toll but it has its plus points. I get to see Nurnberg and Munich play plus only 2 hours from Erfurt.

Before Germany was in Montreal and before that I was with O2 in Slough when many of you probably had a mobile outtage for a few days :P (so much panic that time i thought the world would actually end) was great for seeing the Rs tho.

Any of you real estate guys involved in the German market? Have i missed the boat in investing in Berlin or do you still think its undervalued?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2014 23:30]
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 23:23 - Jul 3 with 2570 viewsbosh67

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 11:34 - Jul 3 by Mytch_QPR

bosh,
Serious question: does writing pay? What I mean by that is do you receive a regular income or is it a case of getting a fairly large sum and then getting by until you get published again?
Also, have you always written, or did you have a different career initially?

Haven't seen Bad Santa (sorry) but impressed with Event Horizon - a very powerful storyline.

Mytch - At the time my agent got me a lump sum buy out for things that got licensed by the studios.

Event Horizon bought me and my then wife a nice house.
Bad Santa paid for my divorce. And she got the nice house.

Writing used to pay a lot better than it does now. My philosophy is that writing is like a really satisfying sh*t. Don't worry about the money, it's always better out there than in.

BTW I also directed TV shows for about 18 years and moonlighted for 10 years as a CPO for movie stars over here doing their premiers. Never told anyone about the CPO work until my mum saw me on TV standing behind Samuel Jackson, on Thames news. Writing isn't amazingly well paid, CPO work did earn a shed load for a while.

I write again now. My girlfriend doesn't understand what I do. She says I just sleep, fiddle about all day and go back to bed. This angers me because sometimes I don't even fiddle about.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2014 23:25]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 23:27 - Jul 3 with 2559 viewsPeterHucker

Primary school teacher trying to spread the good word of QPR to Britain's youth.
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 00:42 - Jul 4 with 2502 viewsqprmick

To answer the question, not much, happily tie tired for 4 years. Off to see a local variety show today, then snooker and then happy hour for beers. Life is good.

Qprmick

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 01:24 - Jul 4 with 2487 viewsjohnjo1

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 00:42 - Jul 4 by qprmick

To answer the question, not much, happily tie tired for 4 years. Off to see a local variety show today, then snooker and then happy hour for beers. Life is good.

As little as possible.
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 01:50 - Jul 4 with 2481 viewsSonofNorfolt

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 01:24 - Jul 4 by johnjo1

As little as possible.

This explains the manslaughter charge!
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 02:08 - Jul 4 with 2472 viewsScubaHoop

I'm a frogman innit! And I dive every day in my various QPR shirts so my customers know who they're following....
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 02:26 - Jul 4 with 2458 viewsFredManRave

I wonder what morgantwin does...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 03:16 - Jul 4 with 2449 views18StoneOfHoop

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 23:23 - Jul 3 by bosh67

Mytch - At the time my agent got me a lump sum buy out for things that got licensed by the studios.

Writing used to pay a lot better than it does now. My philosophy is that writing is like a really satisfying sh*t. Don't worry about the money, it's always better out there than in.

BTW I also directed TV shows for about 18 years and moonlighted for 10 years as a CPO for movie stars over here doing their premiers. Never told anyone about the CPO work until my mum saw me on TV standing behind Samuel Jackson, on Thames news. Writing isn't amazingly well paid, CPO work did earn a shed load for a while.

I write again now. My girlfriend doesn't understand what I do. She says I just sleep, fiddle about all day and go back to bed. This angers me because sometimes I don't even fiddle about.

Goes on a bit. Trying too hard,maybe?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2014 1:49]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 03:50 - Jul 4 with 2428 views18StoneOfHoop

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 02:26 - Jul 4 by FredManRave

I wonder what morgantwin does...

Childish post. Leave it out.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2014 1:52]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 05:19 - Jul 4 with 2403 viewsbosh67

@ 18 Stoneofhoop

Silent Running is perhaps the greatest science fiction film to mostly be forgotten by people. One of the most relevant ecological movies ever made and decades ahead of its time.

On the Bad Santa front, the short story ends well before the happy ending in the movie.

Willie is shot in the driveway of kid's house. The kid sees Santa being shot and rushes to his side. Willie is still alive, despite being shot numerous times in the back. Willie looks into the kid's eyes and finally sees that he really does think he is Santa.
"It's okay, kid," he says, starting to lose consciousness, "I think they missed every major organ in me. You can't trust the police to do anything right."
The kid is in tears. Willie weakly grabs hold of his hand. "It's okay," he consoles the kid. "If it's any consolation.... They thought Rodney King was one of my elves."

That's how the original story finished. As unPC as the rest of it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 06:24 - Jul 4 with 2379 viewsPunteR

So all this talk of dating super models is not some Morgan twin embellishment ,but probably true!!!
What were you thinking man?!!
You so should of said yes to her "proposal".

Anyway,I've just made my lunch( cheese and pickle sandwich) and now off to work.
Hi f**king ho.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 6:34]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 07:01 - Jul 4 with 2343 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Personal Trainer, at 47 the fittest I've ever been, weird. I'm a Zuu trainer predominately, it's based on primal movement patterns, the things you do naturally as a kid moving on all fours. Physically smashes the f&ck out of you but the strength gains are fantastic.
Weekends I DJ, techno, darker the better and I occasionally spunk my money up the wall by bringing internationals over to Melbourne.

By the way Bosh Event Horizon scared the f&ck out of me so thanks for that! Great soundtrack to that film as well, Orbital I think?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 7:34]
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 08:44 - Jul 4 with 2300 viewsMytch_QPR

Thanks, bosh.

I'm in the typical quandary of the potential writer - I want to write but I can't find the time. My job pays pretty well and I have 2 mortgages, so if I quit these to write full time then the money will evaporate at a frightening rate and I have a vision of ending up like an even more bitter Ed Reardon (except I can't even rely on the royalties from an episode of Tenko).

I like your philosophy. I may dictate whilst on the crapper then type it up later!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 09:46 - Jul 4 with 2245 viewskropotkin41

I'm a gardener (organic vegetable grower) who writes who'd like to be a writer who gardens. Is that clear?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 09:56 - Jul 4 with 2226 viewsMytch_QPR

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 09:46 - Jul 4 by kropotkin41

I'm a gardener (organic vegetable grower) who writes who'd like to be a writer who gardens. Is that clear?

As mud.

There are a few frustrated writers on the forum!
If Dan Brown and Jeffrey bleedin' Archer can get published then there has to be a chance for us.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 10:14 - Jul 4 with 2219 viewsBeechbuchanan

Artist working with sound and performance, I also lecture in art
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 10:21 - Jul 4 with 2196 viewsaston_hoop

I look after the computer systems on a fleet of oil and product tanker ships. Spreading the word about QPR to hundreds of Filipino mariners!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 11:40 - Jul 4 with 2154 viewskropotkin41

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 09:56 - Jul 4 by Mytch_QPR

As mud.

If Dan Brown and Jeffrey bleedin' Archer can get published then there has to be a chance for us.

I'm sure there's hope for all of us Mytch. The thing is not to be frustrated and just to write; whether it will ever be published, make you famous or earn your a fortune is immaterial....... well that's what I tell myself anyway.

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 11:46 - Jul 4 with 2146 viewsizlingtonhoop

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 09:56 - Jul 4 by Mytch_QPR

As mud.

Which, on one of the very rare occasions I have ever slipped into WATRB (just to see what goes on over there), was exactly the rather sneering accusation I came across regarding 'all' LFW contributors.
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 13:08 - Jul 4 with 2104 viewsR_from_afar

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 13:42 - Jul 3 by EastR

I work for an organisation that investigates the links between corrupt money, conflict, environmental destruction and other human rights abuses.
The latest campaign is trying to stop individuals hiding behind the front of anonymous companies to hide dodgy deals, tax evasion and launder money.

Now that *is* a useful thing to do. Respect.
RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 13:36 - Jul 4 with 2075 viewsMedwayR

Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager

I work for a consultancy & I'm currently based at London Underground, my company is working on our new stadium so I'm hassling our head of stadia to allow me to work on that when the work ramps up, fingers crossed on that one.

Poll: Who’s better?

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 13:55 - Jul 4 with 2061 viewsbaz_qpr

Are you telling porkies young Bosh 67
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 14:09 - Jul 4 with 2049 viewsbosh67

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 13:55 - Jul 4 by baz_qpr

Are you telling porkies young Bosh 67

Not at all Baz. I've had a bit of a crazy life so far, compounded with my lifelong love affair with a stupid team that play in hoops that never does anything the easy way.

Never knowingly right.

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 15:03 - Jul 4 with 2731 viewskropotkin41

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 11:46 - Jul 4 by izlingtonhoop

Which, on one of the very rare occasions I have ever slipped into WATRB (just to see what goes on over there), was exactly the rather sneering accusation I came across regarding 'all' LFW contributors.

Damn straight! I'd rather have a fans forum on which the members can write, think and show a bit of interest in things other than just footie. If people on certain other boards think of us as frustrated literary types then I'd take that as a compliment to us all!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024