Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? 14:01 - Jul 6 with 15840 viewsaspas45

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 13:45 - Jul 7 with 2886 viewssomersetsimon

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 16:02 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

Got to say I rate chico highly.
Match winner, Match loser.

I think he'll have more competition for his place this year from Bartley. Perhaps that might make him focus a bit more.
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 14:34 - Jul 7 with 2818 viewsJACKARSE

Does anyone know the full list of players who have gone to the USA ??
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 14:47 - Jul 7 with 2786 viewsAnotherJohn

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 14:34 - Jul 7 by JACKARSE

Does anyone know the full list of players who have gone to the USA ??

Good question! There is a suggestion on one of the blog websites that Pablo was not on the plane and may be on the list to be shipped out. Hard to know what to believe about the Spanish lads at present. I looked at the Chicago arrival video on the official site to see whether I could see Ben, but could not spot him or indeed quite a few. Poz appeared to be in the video though.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 14:48]
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:24 - Jul 7 with 2693 viewsWarwickHunt

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 22:47 - Jul 6 by swancity

Flores red card against Chelsea was most definitely the right decision. There is no defence.

And whilst he has shown that he has the ability to do well in the premier league, he has also shown that he doesn't have the temperament. I think it's last chance saloon for Flores as Monk won't tolerate any of his nonsense, quite rightly.

And brynmilljack, it's nothing to do with having a bad game. Every player has them. It's doing stupid things, making silly decisions and generally behaving like a girl on the pitch.

"I think it's last chance saloon for Flores as Monk won't tolerate any of his nonsense, quite rightly."

Yep - Chico must be bricking it...
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:32 - Jul 7 with 2663 viewsUxbridge

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:24 - Jul 7 by WarwickHunt

"I think it's last chance saloon for Flores as Monk won't tolerate any of his nonsense, quite rightly."

Yep - Chico must be bricking it...

Bdmm tssh.

Anyway, I'm good with our 4 centre halves. Good range of options there. Reckon Monk will go for a Williams/Bartley axis myself and might well be happy to let Chico go, but I'm happy enough with our options there. Full Back is an area of much bigger concern for me ... if Davies goes we're down to the bare bones.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:42 - Jul 7 with 2640 viewsFitzy

Jose Manuel Flores should be upgraded either this season or next. Those who have a soft spot for him have perpetuated this myth that he's some kind of scapegoat. He's not. He's a very mediocre defender who was, at times, comically exposed last season. Nobody has it in for him, he's arguably the most popular player in the squad behind Leon.

It's fantastic that he loves "playing for the shirt" or that he "gives 110% every time" but it doesn't cover his numerous flaws as a defender. He's a very technically sound footballer but a luxury we can no longer afford.
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:49 - Jul 7 with 2617 viewsMattG

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:42 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

Jose Manuel Flores should be upgraded either this season or next. Those who have a soft spot for him have perpetuated this myth that he's some kind of scapegoat. He's not. He's a very mediocre defender who was, at times, comically exposed last season. Nobody has it in for him, he's arguably the most popular player in the squad behind Leon.

It's fantastic that he loves "playing for the shirt" or that he "gives 110% every time" but it doesn't cover his numerous flaws as a defender. He's a very technically sound footballer but a luxury we can no longer afford.

The problem is that if you want a centre half who is as "technically sound" as Chico but without the occasional brainfarts then you're talking serious money and competing with teams in the Champions League.

I don't disagree that Chico had some poor moments last season but so did the rest of our back four. He also put in a number of excellent performances and hopefully a bit of extra competition will lead to more consistency.
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:55 - Jul 7 with 2598 viewsFitzy

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:49 - Jul 7 by MattG

The problem is that if you want a centre half who is as "technically sound" as Chico but without the occasional brainfarts then you're talking serious money and competing with teams in the Champions League.

I don't disagree that Chico had some poor moments last season but so did the rest of our back four. He also put in a number of excellent performances and hopefully a bit of extra competition will lead to more consistency.

That's the thing, we don't need a centre half as technically sound as Flores. I'm more than willing to sacrifice that for more consistency and a higher standard of defending. As long as the defender is reasonably comfortable, like Williams, then we'll be fine.

Hopefully the extra competition eventually ousts him. I have high hopes for Kyle Bartley and I believe he could well be starting at some point next season or the season after. As a former Arsenal youth player he's comfortable with the ball and has the physical tools to be a dominant defender with experience.
Login to get fewer ads

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 17:37 - Jul 7 with 2490 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So playing a continental style of football we don't need a technically gifted centre half? Perhaps in that case we should try to sign Hudson from Cardiff.....

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 17:44 - Jul 7 with 2473 viewstomdickharry

Tell you one player we should have signed in last January window Scott Dan,went to Palace and held their defence together in the fight to avoid relegation.Dan and Williams would have been an excellent pairing.
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 17:47 - Jul 7 with 2463 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 15:55 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

That's the thing, we don't need a centre half as technically sound as Flores. I'm more than willing to sacrifice that for more consistency and a higher standard of defending. As long as the defender is reasonably comfortable, like Williams, then we'll be fine.

Hopefully the extra competition eventually ousts him. I have high hopes for Kyle Bartley and I believe he could well be starting at some point next season or the season after. As a former Arsenal youth player he's comfortable with the ball and has the physical tools to be a dominant defender with experience.

Well said

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:16 - Jul 7 with 2397 viewsDrizzy

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 17:37 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

So playing a continental style of football we don't need a technically gifted centre half? Perhaps in that case we should try to sign Hudson from Cardiff.....

You really get defensive when someone criticises your precious Flores, don't you?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:21 - Jul 7 with 2388 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:16 - Jul 7 by Drizzy

You really get defensive when someone criticises your precious Flores, don't you?

Are you trying to groom me or what Newpy?
Just pointing out the complete contradiction in that person's post.
I don't know why you felt the need to get involved.

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:24 - Jul 7 with 2380 viewsDrizzy

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:21 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Are you trying to groom me or what Newpy?
Just pointing out the complete contradiction in that person's post.
I don't know why you felt the need to get involved.

Hardly a contradiction. You don't need your centre back to be great with the ball if you play a possession based game. We've used players like Caulker, Tate and Monk at centre half in the Premier League playing this style and it hasn't hindered us.

I do find it amusing that you question my involvement in a debate on a public forum. If you want to start a Chico Flores circle jerk I'd suggest creating a private Facebook group or something so anyone with a different opinion can't contribute.

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:38 - Jul 7 with 2349 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:24 - Jul 7 by Drizzy

Hardly a contradiction. You don't need your centre back to be great with the ball if you play a possession based game. We've used players like Caulker, Tate and Monk at centre half in the Premier League playing this style and it hasn't hindered us.

I do find it amusing that you question my involvement in a debate on a public forum. If you want to start a Chico Flores circle jerk I'd suggest creating a private Facebook group or something so anyone with a different opinion can't contribute.

You accused me of chasing a teenager (you) around the forum the other day.
Now you're chasing me you div.
And regarding Flores I can't work out :-
A. What exactly you have against him (oh don't tell me he's a hothead who keeps getting sent off every other game by karate kicking opponents).
B. How many actual live in the flesh games (not on TV that means) you have seen him play for the Swans to have formulated your opinion of him?
I'm a season ticket holder that's missed one or two home games (due to illness or holidays) over the time he's been here.
And you?

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:47 - Jul 7 with 2188 viewsDrizzy

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:38 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

You accused me of chasing a teenager (you) around the forum the other day.
Now you're chasing me you div.
And regarding Flores I can't work out :-
A. What exactly you have against him (oh don't tell me he's a hothead who keeps getting sent off every other game by karate kicking opponents).
B. How many actual live in the flesh games (not on TV that means) you have seen him play for the Swans to have formulated your opinion of him?
I'm a season ticket holder that's missed one or two home games (due to illness or holidays) over the time he's been here.
And you?

Hardly chasing just commenting on a topic. Is that a problem, Bryn?

Ah that old retort. I've had the displeasure of watching Chico Flores' many c0ckups on my lovely 21" monitor with a HD stream showcasing every minute detail of his clumsy attempt at marking forwards all season.

Ironically I was also at the Sunderland game when El Bandito kicked Saha in the head only 10 minutes after a horrific two footed challenge that should have seen him off the pitch and in the baths.

Bang average defender and should be replaced very soon.

Et tu?

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 19:38 - Jul 7 with 2108 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:47 - Jul 7 by Drizzy

Hardly chasing just commenting on a topic. Is that a problem, Bryn?

Ah that old retort. I've had the displeasure of watching Chico Flores' many c0ckups on my lovely 21" monitor with a HD stream showcasing every minute detail of his clumsy attempt at marking forwards all season.

Ironically I was also at the Sunderland game when El Bandito kicked Saha in the head only 10 minutes after a horrific two footed challenge that should have seen him off the pitch and in the baths.

Bang average defender and should be replaced very soon.

Et tu?

So there we have it, the views of a plastic Liverpool fan watching on a laptop. Your opinion is worthless when you can't gauge a players positional play because the cameras only follow the ball. You're no Swans fan and I doubt you've been following football on TV for that long either.

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 19:40 - Jul 7 with 2097 viewsDarran

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 19:38 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

So there we have it, the views of a plastic Liverpool fan watching on a laptop. Your opinion is worthless when you can't gauge a players positional play because the cameras only follow the ball. You're no Swans fan and I doubt you've been following football on TV for that long either.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 19:57 - Jul 7 with 2067 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 19:40 - Jul 7 by Darran

He must have gone to put his baked beans on

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 20:23 - Jul 7 with 2021 viewsDrizzy

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 19:38 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Believe it or not there's a big wide world outside Brynmill where people have other commitments that don't allow them to go down and watch a game of football every other Saturday. It's alright for the simple locals but cosmopolitan fans like myself have to make due with streams which offer a greater view of games with multiple cameras and the benefit of replays. I don't consume booze while watching the games either.

It's always personal with you, Brynny. Clearly you have issues with me and will disregard anything I say. We'll see who's right after Chico has another sub-standard season and is swiftly ousted from the starting XI.

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 20:26 - Jul 7 with 2016 viewsDrizzy

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 19:40 - Jul 7 by Darran

And you are?

Oh yeah that's right some bloke who hangs around the touchline scratching and clawing for any smidgeon of publicity he can get.

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 20:28 - Jul 7 with 1997 viewsDarran

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 20:26 - Jul 7 by Drizzy

And you are?

Oh yeah that's right some bloke who hangs around the touchline scratching and clawing for any smidgeon of publicity he can get.

I am there though,when did you last go?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 21:20 - Jul 7 with 1953 views1jack

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 16:38 - Jul 6 by Darran

Why the f*ck do people keep saying Poz wasn't training?

It suits their agenda.
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 21:26 - Jul 7 with 1937 views1jack

Fuk me, do you like any of our players?
No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 21:34 - Jul 7 with 1898 viewsswancity

No Michu, Canas, Pozuelo? on 18:24 - Jul 7 by Drizzy

You're not allowed to criticise Flores, brynmilljack jack is falling in love with him.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024