Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance 20:41 - Aug 9 with 4453 viewsPhil_S

I suppose that it would be exceptionally worrying if Garry Monk did not think there was work to be done following today's 3-0 defeat to Villarreal at the Liberty Stadium so it was probably no surprise that he was critical of the performance when he addressed the press after the game.

Full story at http://fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35663/monk-not-happy-with-swa
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:43 - Aug 9 with 2918 viewsLiam

I reckon it's because he's wearing a suit.

Bring back the tracky b's or it's Monk out!
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:45 - Aug 9 with 2894 viewsKennedy

He said he'd told the players that the stylish performance of Villarreal was an indication of what he was striving to achieve at the Liberty Stadium.
"The way they play and the way they are set up is probably two or three years ahead of us," he added.
"They're a very settled and a very fluid side and I said to the players afterwards that's what we have to aspire to.
"That's what we're trying to do with the work that we're doing and putting in place and we're trying to reach something close to what we saw [from Villareal] today."

How can the way they play be 2-3 years ahead of us, when we have played that way for years.

Just call me JFK

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:48 - Aug 9 with 2853 viewsPhil_S

Genuine tweet I received this afternoon

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 2816 viewswaynekerr55

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:48 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

Genuine tweet I received this afternoon

Some people shouldn't be allowed on the internet IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:53 - Aug 9 with 2796 viewsperchrockjack

Wtf have I done now mun?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:54 - Aug 9 with 2783 viewsLiberty

Can't lay fault totally at players door.

If he put his hands up and said he cocked up with starting 11, team shape, tactics and poor bench, he would earn more plaudits than simply knocking the players.

Only a friendly , move on thankfully. Hope he realises the above and changes things.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:58 - Aug 9 with 2761 viewsicecoldjack

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:45 - Aug 9 by Kennedy

He said he'd told the players that the stylish performance of Villarreal was an indication of what he was striving to achieve at the Liberty Stadium.
"The way they play and the way they are set up is probably two or three years ahead of us," he added.
"They're a very settled and a very fluid side and I said to the players afterwards that's what we have to aspire to.
"That's what we're trying to do with the work that we're doing and putting in place and we're trying to reach something close to what we saw [from Villareal] today."

How can the way they play be 2-3 years ahead of us, when we have played that way for years.

I thought the exact same thing when i read it, we have been playing like today's Villarreal team for years, so im a bit confused as to what Monk is getting at there.

This time last year we were smashing the like of Valencia off the park on their own patch and getting applauded by their own fans for the football we played, now we are 2/3 yrs behind ??

wtf !!
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:02 - Aug 9 with 2711 viewsDarran

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:58 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

I thought the exact same thing when i read it, we have been playing like today's Villarreal team for years, so im a bit confused as to what Monk is getting at there.

This time last year we were smashing the like of Valencia off the park on their own patch and getting applauded by their own fans for the football we played, now we are 2/3 yrs behind ??

wtf !!

Well yeah apart from the fact we played Valencia 6 weeks into the season after we'd played 8 games of course.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:09 - Aug 9 with 2659 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Garry is like a little boy on Christmas morning with lots of new toys and he wants to play with them all at the same time.

He's going to have to disappoint one or two at Old Trafford and put them on the bench in order to get a decent shape to the team.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:09 - Aug 9 with 2655 viewswaynekerr55

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:53 - Aug 9 by perchrockjack

Wtf have I done now mun?

Nothing at all

Seriously though reading the reviews of the hotel we stayed at someone complained about the seaweed being cleaned away by a tractor all day. FFS mun!

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:11 - Aug 9 with 2636 viewsperchrockjack

Lol .ive seem complaints about the wrong kind of sand and foreigners not speaking english

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:12 - Aug 9 with 2634 viewsicecoldjack

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:02 - Aug 9 by Darran

Well yeah apart from the fact we played Valencia 6 weeks into the season after we'd played 8 games of course.

So you agree we aint 2 to 3 yrs behind like Garry monk suggests , glad we got that one straight Darran, thanks .
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 2584 viewsRancid

I'm quite surprised he's said we're 2 or 3 years behind Villareal to be honest.I'd rather he said we had an off day and got it wrong than we're 3 years behind someone we should be at least on a par or ahead of.Haven't they just been promoted back into La Liga? Hardly Real Madrid are they!! Strange.
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:26 - Aug 9 with 2543 viewswaynekerr55

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:11 - Aug 9 by perchrockjack

Lol .ive seem complaints about the wrong kind of sand and foreigners not speaking english

Another one was that there was seaweed on the beach. Yeah, lets wreck an eco system so you don't see seaweed

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:30 - Aug 9 with 2525 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:17 - Aug 9 by Rancid

I'm quite surprised he's said we're 2 or 3 years behind Villareal to be honest.I'd rather he said we had an off day and got it wrong than we're 3 years behind someone we should be at least on a par or ahead of.Haven't they just been promoted back into La Liga? Hardly Real Madrid are they!! Strange.

I was surprised by that as well. Although, it does appear to be true.

They've been through the wringer in recent years, relegated, stripped of their top players, manager passing away. Yet, with a fraction of our budget, and only a slightly bigger stadium, seem to be light years ahead of us in terms of style and continuity throughout the squad. JDG can't get in their team, yet he's the answer to all our prayers according to some.

Depressingly, it gives a lie to the board's ideal of a 'Swansea Way' that would remain regardless of personel. We're back at square 1, no doubts about it.

Not going overboard. It was one pre-season friendly, that's it, and I;m sure we're going to bring in 2-3 players to strengthen. I just find it depressing how we seem to have just lost the plot as a club overall in terms of continuity of style and tactical maturity. That was supposed to be one of the attributes that was supposed to make us different. Looks like we're just another nouveau riche Premier League club...

Ha, nothing like a good pre-season feeling of impending doom...) lump on us to get a point at Old Trafford next weekend:)

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:32 - Aug 9 with 2495 viewsLiberty

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:17 - Aug 9 by Rancid

They were relegated 2 years ago, mass exodus of players, then one year in their second division and back in La Liga last season.

They were one of the best passing teams I have seen at the Liberty.

I found myself applauding their first 2 goals. Can't remember last time did that for another team. I realise it was a friendly.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:33 - Aug 9 with 2496 viewsLeonisGod

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:58 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

wtf !!

We weren't playing that way for much of the last 15 months. Today reminded me of some of the abject performances under Laudrup last year. But on the good side, the footie's back for another season!!!!
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:39 - Aug 9 with 2460 viewsPrivate_Partz

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 20:50 - Aug 9 by waynekerr55

Some people shouldn't be allowed on the internet IMO

ML was slated for not standing up and shouting at the team Wayne. Monk sat there the whole time giving the impression he was either mightily pissed off or did not have any idea what to do. His substitutions, or lack of them, suggests the latter.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:40 - Aug 9 with 2452 viewsRancid

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:32 - Aug 9 by Liberty

They were relegated 2 years ago, mass exodus of players, then one year in their second division and back in La Liga last season.

They were one of the best passing teams I have seen at the Liberty.

I found myself applauding their first 2 goals. Can't remember last time did that for another team. I realise it was a friendly.

Yep.I just read on another thread they finished 6th so better placed than I thought.They were very good and it should have been 5 or 6 but I still find it strange Monk saying we're 2 or 3 years behind when not 12 months ago we were beating Valencia and nearly bowling over Napoli.He's virtually saying we've gone backwards under his management and by quite some too.
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:44 - Aug 9 with 2419 viewsDarran

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:12 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

So you agree we aint 2 to 3 yrs behind like Garry monk suggests , glad we got that one straight Darran, thanks .

Yes I agree but we shouldn't take what comes out of the managers mouth as gospel.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 2370 viewsPrivate_Partz

So we have 8 games to catch up on the 2 / 3 years progress we have lost then Darr? In fairness I can't see where GM has said that and I hope he did not say it. For that last couple of years MOTD had to speed up the cameras to get all our passes into the programme we had held possession for so long. We are know as the 'pass masters' of the Prem with our midfielders having the most successful passing rate.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 21:55]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:50 - Aug 9 with 2360 viewstomdickharry

In addition its been airbrushed to history that they also played with 10 men for most of the game.
Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 2358 viewsStarsky

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:26 - Aug 9 by waynekerr55

Another one was that there was seaweed on the beach. Yeah, lets wreck an eco system so you don't see seaweed

Gerra a feckin room you two ffs

It's just the internet, init.

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:52 - Aug 9 with 2342 viewsKennedy

Quote was from here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28727312

Also says it in this video reaction here

[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 21:54]

Just call me JFK

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 22:04 - Aug 9 with 2273 viewssomersetsimon

Monk Not Happy With Swans Performance on 21:39 - Aug 9 by Private_Partz

ML was slated for not standing up and shouting at the team Wayne. Monk sat there the whole time giving the impression he was either mightily pissed off or did not have any idea what to do. His substitutions, or lack of them, suggests the latter.

I think the lack of substitutions was to try out that formation as long as possible regardless of the result. I can't believe that he would have let that system carry on that long in a league game.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024