Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am still down today! 14:38 - Aug 10 with 3564 viewsjojaca

I know it was only a friendly, but I am still very flat today. I can't remember feeling this low or concerned in a very long time after watching Swans. I wanted to claim a refund also after the shambles with the fans struggling to get in before kick off and especially the performance. I personally missed the first goal.
Before kick off when I read the teamsheet on this website I reacted with ouch! to our subs bench. I did not realise how weak we are even with a few minor injuries. I was all for some of the Spanish going, but not all of them. Hope this does not come back to bite the Swansea board.
I am still in shock how villareal just took us apart and even checked our odds to go down next season, which I would never of dreamt about before kick off.

My biggest concerns next season is we still have the same defense as last season minus two players. We were pretty poor in defence last season and our passing game has disappeared. I felt like we were West Ham type of team against an Swansea one touch pass and move. I think we have had a bad transfer window up till now, too many outgoings.

Even when you know, you never know?

I am still down today! on 14:43 - Aug 10 with 2410 viewsraynor94

We had the ninth best defensive record last season hardly poor

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I am still down today! on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 2386 viewsIAN05

You felt worse than after the W.Ham game ? Or Cardiff away ? Or West Brom home ?

You do realise it was an experimental friendly on pre season with a number of key players and new additions to come in ????
I am still down today! on 14:47 - Aug 10 with 2371 viewseverytimeref

The thing that struck me the most was their passing and movement and pressing the opposition to get the ball back was the way we used to play.
I am still down today! on 14:51 - Aug 10 with 2354 viewsLeonisGod

I am still down today! on 14:47 - Aug 10 by everytimeref

The thing that struck me the most was their passing and movement and pressing the opposition to get the ball back was the way we used to play.

Very good wasn't it. That's what we should be aiming for, not lumping it up to a Gomis/Bony partnership. yesterday could be very useful for us - hopefully it will focus a few minds.
I am still down today! on 14:52 - Aug 10 with 2339 viewsPrivate_Partz

Join the club mate I feel the same. Having said that I actually agree with Raynor on something. Our defensive record was not that bad at all. A nil goal difference was considerably better than others in 'our league'. We had quite few narrow defeats where maybe we could have got something so it could have been even better.
To answer Ian's question. Yes I feel more down than after the West Ham game. We had just come through a massive run of games with an horrendous injury list. Carroll returned and West Ham went on their life saving run. I can never understand why this match is held up as a low point.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I am still down today! on 14:54 - Aug 10 with 2324 viewsjojaca

I know West Ham away, Cardiff away etc were low points last season, but I always felt we would bounce back because I always thought being in Europe would be a factor. Yesterday's game was like where the the hell has the "Swansea Way" disappeared to. I was pleased Friday night thinking thank god we don't play like Cardiff and the following day we played exactly like Cardiff. We could not put three passes together and then reverting to the hoofball up to Gomis and Bony.

I am still down today! on 14:54 - Aug 10 with 2320 viewsDarran

I was up the Gnoll earlier and came close to throwing myself in the pond.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I am still down today! on 14:57 - Aug 10 with 2307 viewsraynor94

I am still down today! on 14:52 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

Join the club mate I feel the same. Having said that I actually agree with Raynor on something. Our defensive record was not that bad at all. A nil goal difference was considerably better than others in 'our league'. We had quite few narrow defeats where maybe we could have got something so it could have been even better.
To answer Ian's question. Yes I feel more down than after the West Ham game. We had just come through a massive run of games with an horrendous injury list. Carroll returned and West Ham went on their life saving run. I can never understand why this match is held up as a low point.

I do feel down after yesterday's performance, but hopefully a couple of additions this week will help, I thought villareal were outstanding especially the captain he ran the show, interesting to see how they do in la liga

Login to get fewer ads

I am still down today! on 14:57 - Aug 10 with 2305 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I am still down today! on 14:43 - Aug 10 by raynor94

We had the ninth best defensive record last season hardly poor

Makes you wonder why we've weakened our left back position and Centre half too. And regarding CD why we've allowed Chico to go after he's been a big part of preseason and a week and a half before going to Old Trafford.

Worse still, after missing out on Besic a few weeks ago we seemed to just stop looking for a CDM. Baffles the sh*t out of me if I'm honest.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I am still down today! on 15:09 - Aug 10 with 2268 viewsraynor94

I am still down today! on 14:57 - Aug 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Makes you wonder why we've weakened our left back position and Centre half too. And regarding CD why we've allowed Chico to go after he's been a big part of preseason and a week and a half before going to Old Trafford.

Worse still, after missing out on Besic a few weeks ago we seemed to just stop looking for a CDM. Baffles the sh*t out of me if I'm honest.

In fairness chico wanted the move, and so did Ben, let's give Taylor a go and hope we sign fernandez who I think will be an improvement on chico

I am still down today! on 15:16 - Aug 10 with 2242 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am still down today! on 14:57 - Aug 10 by raynor94

I do feel down after yesterday's performance, but hopefully a couple of additions this week will help, I thought villareal were outstanding especially the captain he ran the show, interesting to see how they do in la liga

Bloody Hell. Two things. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I am still down today! on 15:29 - Aug 10 with 2184 viewsskippyjack

Jeez it's just pre season.. we're going to Old Trafford.. Van Gaal plays open ruthless football.. it's definitely going in my BTTS bet..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

I am still down today! on 15:34 - Aug 10 with 2162 viewsRancid

His Holland side at the World Cup was boring.Effective but nothing like you'd associate Dutch football with.Maybe it'll be different when he's at United.
I am still down today! on 15:43 - Aug 10 with 2135 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am still down today! on 15:34 - Aug 10 by Rancid

His Holland side at the World Cup was boring.Effective but nothing like you'd associate Dutch football with.Maybe it'll be different when he's at United.

Make no mistake van wahtshisname is really up for this one and we need to be playing at our very best. Anything like yesterday and an almighty tw@tting is on the cards.

I am still down today! on 15:48 - Aug 10 with 2098 viewsRancid

I am still down today! on 15:43 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

Make no mistake van wahtshisname is really up for this one and we need to be playing at our very best. Anything like yesterday and an almighty tw@tting is on the cards.

It's going to be tough but we've beaten them recently there so we're not frightened of the place.I can't see past a thumping though.
I am still down today! on 15:50 - Aug 10 with 2086 viewsS0LID

OP, I felt the same. The first goal was like watching younsters play footy in the park. What a joke!

I worry when Monk says things like "sig will have to learn to play new positions"... ok Monk, awesome, he's had his 90 minutes on the wing, lets try him in goals next week. NO! It's time to stop experimenting. Put the players in their real positions!
I am still down today! on 15:59 - Aug 10 with 2050 viewsdgt73

Someone please tell me this thread is a wind up.......because i refuse to believe anyone gets down because the Swans lose a pre-season friendly.........and if it's not a wind up, then please go and get some help...............

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

I am still down today! on 16:01 - Aug 10 with 2030 viewsPhil_S

Some people are far too precious to watch football on a regular basis. "I wanted to claim a refund" - GET A GRIP EH?
I am still down today! on 16:04 - Aug 10 with 2015 viewsdgt73

I am still down today! on 16:01 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Some people are far too precious to watch football on a regular basis. "I wanted to claim a refund" - GET A GRIP EH?

And get a life, what would these people do if they faced a real crisis in their lives........

I am still down today! on 16:14 - Aug 10 with 1969 viewsskippyjack

I am still down today! on 16:04 - Aug 10 by dgt73

And get a life, what would these people do if they faced a real crisis in their lives........

Not listen to a word you say.. for one.. not be rude.. for two.. and understand that.. the shankly speech is tongue in cheek.. for three..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

I am still down today! on 16:17 - Aug 10 with 1957 viewsjojaca

I am still down today! on 16:04 - Aug 10 by dgt73

Grow up, we are talking in football terms not a bloody war zone in Gaza.

I am still down today! on 16:20 - Aug 10 with 1941 viewsdgt73

I am still down today! on 16:17 - Aug 10 by jojaca

Grow up, we are talking in football terms not a bloody war zone in Gaza.

I still feel embarrassed for you.

I am still down today! on 16:23 - Aug 10 with 1926 viewsRancid

From now on we all need to emphasize whether we're down in a football sense or down in a day to day kind of way.

The trouble it'll save.
I am still down today! on 16:26 - Aug 10 with 1907 viewsdgt73

I am still down today! on 16:23 - Aug 10 by Rancid

From now on we all need to emphasize whether we're down in a football sense or down in a day to day kind of way.

The trouble it'll save.

So what's the difference between being down in a football sense and being down in general. Lol.

I am still down today! on 16:29 - Aug 10 with 1894 viewsRancid

Being down in a football sense lasts about half hour.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024