Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Dawson 19:41 - Aug 12 with 10725 viewsGhanaDale

At the game tonight, just bumped into him in the ticket office.
Dunno if it means anything but worth noting!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Stephen Dawson on 19:52 - Aug 12 with 7935 viewsfitzochris

Rochdale1 will tell you it does.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stephen Dawson on 21:59 - Aug 12 with 7654 viewsColDale

he was there Saturday too
Stephen Dawson on 22:08 - Aug 12 with 7580 viewsolympicdale

Either sign him or get rid, no more will he wont he nonsense, either he wants to sign on the wages offered or he goes.

Life is a game of fate.

Stephen Dawson on 22:09 - Aug 12 with 7563 viewsmightydale

Stephen Dawson on 22:08 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

Either sign him or get rid, no more will he wont he nonsense, either he wants to sign on the wages offered or he goes.

And stop taking free tickets sign up or fcuk off

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Stephen Dawson on 23:21 - Aug 12 with 7364 viewsrochdale1

Stephen Dawson on 22:08 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

Fitzochris will have a smart axxe comment, but I'm led to believe it's all signed with all parties happy.
I'd defiantly expect tomorrow announcement.
Why always Wednesdays?
Stephen Dawson on 23:23 - Aug 12 with 7346 viewsolympicdale

Stephen Dawson on 23:21 - Aug 12 by rochdale1

Fitzochris will have a smart axxe comment, but I'm led to believe it's all signed with all parties happy.
Why always Wednesdays?

2 for 1 orange Wednesday's

Life is a game of fate.

Stephen Dawson on 23:23 - Aug 12 with 7343 viewsD_Alien

Why always Wednesdays?

"I'd defiantly expect tomorrow announcement"

Is English your first language?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stephen Dawson on 23:26 - Aug 12 with 7326 viewsColDale

Why rule it out? He's been training with us, and he's been at the last two home games. Nobody will be surprised if it does happen. Only thing which could go against it is if money is limited (which it always will be at Spotland) is can we justify this on a midfielder when the bigger issue is up front?
Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Dawson on 23:36 - Aug 12 with 7273 viewsTVOS1907

Stephen Dawson on 23:26 - Aug 12 by ColDale

Why rule it out? He's been training with us, and he's been at the last two home games. Nobody will be surprised if it does happen. Only thing which could go against it is if money is limited (which it always will be at Spotland) is can we justify this on a midfielder when the bigger issue is up front?

Maybe someone is leaving?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stephen Dawson on 06:17 - Aug 13 with 7074 viewsfitzochris

Why always Wednesdays?

My axe has a degree.

I actually believe you about Dawson, as someone much more coherent has said the same thing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stephen Dawson on 09:20 - Aug 13 with 6823 viewsColDale

Stephen Dawson on 09:30 - Aug 13 with 6775 viewsBarryStrange

Stephen Dawson on 09:20 - Aug 13 by ColDale

That looks positive for you.

in fairness he has to stop pissing around fairly shortly, "rejected new Barnsley deal and couldn't find a new club" doesn't look great on the CV.

He would be a very good addition, well done if he joins you.
Stephen Dawson on 09:33 - Aug 13 with 6757 viewsColDale

Stephen Dawson on 09:30 - Aug 13 by BarryStrange

That looks positive for you.

in fairness he has to stop pissing around fairly shortly, "rejected new Barnsley deal and couldn't find a new club" doesn't look great on the CV.

He would be a very good addition, well done if he joins you.

What's he like? Never tend to pay too much attention to opposition players.

We're a bit nice at the moment, and aside from the obvious weakness, we could do with a leader.
Stephen Dawson on 09:41 - Aug 13 with 6718 viewshxdale

Stephen Dawson on 09:33 - Aug 13 by ColDale

We're a bit nice at the moment, and aside from the obvious weakness, we could do with a leader.

Signed...
Stephen Dawson on 09:42 - Aug 13 with 6709 viewsBarryStrange

Although I can hear Whitey editing this with the words "when he can be arsed" at the beginning, he is a natural leader on the pitch.

Small, vicious Irishman with a phenomenal will to win, he can drive the team forward through sheer force of effort. I remember beating Bournemouth once 1-0 when the goal came from him just cannonballing through three challenges and freeing Elliott Bennett.

However, there is also the potential for him to lose large passages of a game and to still be standing in the centre circle berating a referee while your opponents go up the other end and score.

If you're too nice, he'll sort that. Although after 2 games your problem seems to be what you all predicted, can't score a goal. So he ain't the only signing you need.
Stephen Dawson on 09:44 - Aug 13 with 6693 viewsBainesy15

Stephen Dawson on 09:42 - Aug 13 by BarryStrange

Although I can hear Whitey editing this with the words "when he can be arsed" at the beginning, he is a natural leader on the pitch.

Small, vicious Irishman with a phenomenal will to win, he can drive the team forward through sheer force of effort. I remember beating Bournemouth once 1-0 when the goal came from him just cannonballing through three challenges and freeing Elliott Bennett.

However, there is also the potential for him to lose large passages of a game and to still be standing in the centre circle berating a referee while your opponents go up the other end and score.

If you're too nice, he'll sort that. Although after 2 games your problem seems to be what you all predicted, can't score a goal. So he ain't the only signing you need.

It's official

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/dawson-signs-1822710.aspx
Stephen Dawson on 09:47 - Aug 13 with 6658 viewsBrierls

An Oirish Gary Jones with legs.

On a serious note, I expect we've brought him in to play the holding role. Whether or not he'll be suitable for it, given him being an all-action box to box midfielder, we shall see. Doesn't give opposing players a moments peace on the ball. He's worth a few goals a season if he gets within 30 yards of goal.

He isn't nice, we'll not win the fair play league with him in the side. And he is a leader.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 9:53]
Stephen Dawson on 09:49 - Aug 13 with 6641 viewslurker

Stephen Dawson on 09:44 - Aug 13 by Bainesy15

It's official

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/dawson-signs-1822710.aspx

Excellent signing. This is the Cav replacement we have been yearning for. He is also the right age. Sure Hilly will sort the striker situation out too soon.
Stephen Dawson on 10:03 - Aug 13 with 6550 views442Dale

Stephen Dawson on 09:47 - Aug 13 by Brierls

An Oirish Gary Jones with legs.

On a serious note, I expect we've brought him in to play the holding role. Whether or not he'll be suitable for it, given him being an all-action box to box midfielder, we shall see. Doesn't give opposing players a moments peace on the ball. He's worth a few goals a season if he gets within 30 yards of goal.

He isn't nice, we'll not win the fair play league with him in the side. And he is a leader.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 9:53]

Hope he can be the answer in that role which Cavanagh used to play because we've enough in other areas of midfield, especially with younger players coming through.
Lund will presumably play alongside him, do that leaves the likes of Allen, Done, Hery, Camps and Cannon for the advanced position.

Some quality reporting here: “@bbcradiomanc: FOOTBALL: @officiallydale have announced the signing of former Leicester City midfielder Steve Dawson. More on @bbcradiomanc at 1000. #RAFC”

The same STEPHEN Dawson who started at Leicester but left without playing a game. That he has played for other clubs since escapes such effective research.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 10:15]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Dawson on 10:39 - Aug 13 with 6400 viewsToffeemanc

Stephen Dawson on 10:03 - Aug 13 by 442Dale

Hope he can be the answer in that role which Cavanagh used to play because we've enough in other areas of midfield, especially with younger players coming through.
Lund will presumably play alongside him, do that leaves the likes of Allen, Done, Hery, Camps and Cannon for the advanced position.

Some quality reporting here: “@bbcradiomanc: FOOTBALL: @officiallydale have announced the signing of former Leicester City midfielder Steve Dawson. More on @bbcradiomanc at 1000. #RAFC”

The same STEPHEN Dawson who started at Leicester but left without playing a game. That he has played for other clubs since escapes such effective research.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 10:15]

Can't get excited by this signing at all. The fact he has taken so long to decide to sign most likely due to the lack of offers he has on the table doesn't convince me of his desire/commitment to play for the Dale.
I certainly hope that he has been signed to play the holding role as we are well covered in other areas of midfield, although I'm not convinced the role will suit him. He seems to be more of a forward thinking player and may end up leaving the back four frequently exposed.
As you have pointed out my biggest worry with this signing is the limiting of game time and subsequent development of the younger players in the squad who deserve to be given their chance.

Would much rather have seen news of a goalscorer being signed given how toothless we have looked in the first 2 games. Still, in Hilly I trust and I'm sure we will have news on a goalscorer arriving before the end of the month.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stephen Dawson on 10:47 - Aug 13 with 6386 viewstazzydjr

Welcome to Rochdale Stephen Dawson certainly will add experience into the Midfield wooooo

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Stephen Dawson on 11:08 - Aug 13 with 6289 viewsSaxonDale

Good info by rochdale1 it's not often that the rumours on here turn to be true. Didn't you also say Hope was signing a few weeks ago? Any news on that one? That signing would be perfect.

As for Dawson I would be lying if I said I knew a lot about him. However this is in effect the third time Hilly has at least tried to sign him so he obviously must rate him highly. He know what he's getting and I'm sure Hill will have a better idea than anyone about what he can/can't add to this team. He's captained a fair few teams so has obvious leadership skills and got Leyton Orient's player of the season last time he was in this league so must be half decent. He's also still only 28.
Stephen Dawson on 11:39 - Aug 13 with 6160 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Dawson on 10:39 - Aug 13 by Toffeemanc

Can't get excited by this signing at all. The fact he has taken so long to decide to sign most likely due to the lack of offers he has on the table doesn't convince me of his desire/commitment to play for the Dale.
I certainly hope that he has been signed to play the holding role as we are well covered in other areas of midfield, although I'm not convinced the role will suit him. He seems to be more of a forward thinking player and may end up leaving the back four frequently exposed.
As you have pointed out my biggest worry with this signing is the limiting of game time and subsequent development of the younger players in the squad who deserve to be given their chance.

Would much rather have seen news of a goalscorer being signed given how toothless we have looked in the first 2 games. Still, in Hilly I trust and I'm sure we will have news on a goalscorer arriving before the end of the month.

It's a one year deal, so maybe that suits both parties.

Dale get the experience and drive to see us through our re-introduction to L1

Dawson doesn't get tied down to a club he may well view as not what he aspired to

Let's see what he's made of when he pulls a Dale shirt over his head

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stephen Dawson on 11:50 - Aug 13 with 6105 views442Dale

Stephen Dawson on 11:39 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

It's a one year deal, so maybe that suits both parties.

Dale get the experience and drive to see us through our re-introduction to L1

Dawson doesn't get tied down to a club he may well view as not what he aspired to

Let's see what he's made of when he pulls a Dale shirt over his head

That last point is the most important one.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Dawson on 12:21 - Aug 13 with 5958 viewsrochdale1

Stephen Dawson on 11:08 - Aug 13 by SaxonDale

Good info by rochdale1 it's not often that the rumours on here turn to be true. Didn't you also say Hope was signing a few weeks ago? Any news on that one? That signing would be perfect.

As for Dawson I would be lying if I said I knew a lot about him. However this is in effect the third time Hilly has at least tried to sign him so he obviously must rate him highly. He know what he's getting and I'm sure Hill will have a better idea than anyone about what he can/can't add to this team. He's captained a fair few teams so has obvious leadership skills and got Leyton Orient's player of the season last time he was in this league so must be half decent. He's also still only 28.

No someone else mentioned there would be two signings, I just knew Dawson was lined up as one.
Daws has been offered contracts at other clubs, and at championship level, but I think Hill and Barry Murphy and the fact he's local played a Big part.

I agree tho we need that goal scorer next
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024