Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are all the fans? 13:25 - Sep 14 with 3907 viewsjacksinceever

Where are all the people who have complained that they can't buy tickets in a family group or with mates now.
We are third in PL could go back to second next Saturday, playing a side who just tore Newcastle apart, so it should be a brilliant game.
Yet there have been loads of tickets available in the North Stand to allcomers for at least a week
Where are all the fans? on 13:32 - Sep 14 with 2845 viewsjack_lord

That is one of the problems that having a ground of our size. Supporters do give up chasing tickets.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Where are all the fans? on 13:37 - Sep 14 with 2828 viewswestside

how do people know if there's tickets available if their not advertised
Where are all the fans? on 13:58 - Sep 14 with 2751 viewsDarran

Where are all the fans? on 13:37 - Sep 14 by westside

how do people know if there's tickets available if their not advertised

They could always ask.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where are all the fans? on 14:03 - Sep 14 with 2740 views3swan

They could, but imo people do give up asking when every game tends to be a home sell out.
Where are all the fans? on 14:12 - Sep 14 with 2692 viewsDarran

Where are all the fans? on 14:03 - Sep 14 by 3swan

They could, but imo people do give up asking when every game tends to be a home sell out.

Fair point but if I wanted to go bad enough I'd be in the blower I phoned a venue in London ten times last week because I desperately wanted to go somewhere.

Where are all the fans? on 14:17 - Sep 14 with 2671 views3swan

Where are all the fans? on 14:12 - Sep 14 by Darran

Fair point but if I wanted to go bad enough I'd be in the blower I phoned a venue in London ten times last week because I desperately wanted to go somewhere.

You phoned 10 times - was it a one off event?

Seriously though, not sure if it's still the same, but ringing the ticket office used to being put into a queue etc. Now people do get disheartened that tickets are rare and eventually give it a miss.
Where are all the fans? on 14:18 - Sep 14 with 2666 viewsMattG

Someone who can't be bothered to check the ticketing website once or twice a week to see what's available isn't desperate for a ticket.

Someone who's given up chasing tickets just because they can be a bit tricky to get for games against the top teams isn't really a fan.
Where are all the fans? on 14:20 - Sep 14 with 2631 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I agree with you Darran, hardcore fans will phone tirelessly to get tickets etc.

But most of the hardcore already have season tickets.

We are looking to lure in the casual fan, the one who checks for the Swansea results but isn't always tempted to go down and see it live.

It's the new fans we need to advertise and market to, not just cater to the already converted. Currently there is absolutely zero marketing.

I haven't seen any signs, posters etc advertising tickets for the game.

I hope we get some new marketing staff in when we complete the first phase of the expansion in 2022.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Where are all the fans? on 14:23 - Sep 14 with 2635 views3swan

Where are all the fans? on 14:18 - Sep 14 by MattG

Someone who can't be bothered to check the ticketing website once or twice a week to see what's available isn't desperate for a ticket.

Someone who's given up chasing tickets just because they can be a bit tricky to get for games against the top teams isn't really a fan.

Has everyone got internet access? Everyone will have reasons, but I would like to know what the rules are for being a real fan.

Is someone who saves his spare money and can make it to a few games less of a fan that someone who can afford to make every game.

Personal situations are different
Where are all the fans? on 16:39 - Sep 14 with 2441 viewsScoobyWho

Have southampton returned tickets ?

These always go in the week running up to a game, and people, even 'big' fans of the club have lives away from being at the liberty every other saturday. Hear Hear 3 swan.
Sensible.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Where are all the fans? on 16:58 - Sep 14 with 2397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Where are all the fans? on 14:12 - Sep 14 by Darran

Cheap trick?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Where are all the fans? on 18:40 - Sep 14 with 2301 viewsDyfnant

Where are all the fans? on 16:39 - Sep 14 by ScoobyWho

Have southampton returned tickets ?

These always go in the week running up to a game, and people, even 'big' fans of the club have lives away from being at the liberty every other saturday. Hear Hear 3 swan.
Sensible.

They took an allocation of just over 1000 apparently. Few moans about it on their message boards as they were also subsidising official travel

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Where are all the fans? on 19:05 - Sep 14 with 2269 viewsC_jack

I was very surprised to be able to purchase an Arsenal ticket easily this week.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Where are all the fans? on 19:10 - Sep 14 with 2256 viewswaynekerr55

Where are all the fans? on 14:20 - Sep 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I agree with you Darran, hardcore fans will phone tirelessly to get tickets etc.

But most of the hardcore already have season tickets.

We are looking to lure in the casual fan, the one who checks for the Swansea results but isn't always tempted to go down and see it live.

It's the new fans we need to advertise and market to, not just cater to the already converted. Currently there is absolutely zero marketing.

I haven't seen any signs, posters etc advertising tickets for the game.

I hope we get some new marketing staff in when we complete the first phase of the expansion in 2022.

Dwight, you may be this boards equivalent of Marmite, but you're bang on the money with that post.

Our commercial department either (a) think that the marketing mix was something you used to be able to buy in Woolworths, or (b) the financial returns aren't worth their while.

I'd like to hope it's (a)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Where are all the fans? on 19:39 - Sep 14 with 2197 viewsDarran

Where are all the fans? on 16:58 - Sep 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Cheap trick?

I don't buy tickets for them mun I'm on the guest list.

It was The Holy Shits actually,google them.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2014 19:40]

Where are all the fans? on 19:43 - Sep 14 with 2188 viewsStarsky

To the OP.

You're loving it aren't you? Practically crowing about it.

Yes you were right all along. Let's cancel the expansion.

Happy now? Chuffed for you.

Note to casual reader. We haven't sold out a week before the game so we don't need to expand.

Although, every home league game has been virtually sold out since we got to the premier league.

It's just the internet, init.

Where are all the fans? on 19:58 - Sep 14 with 2147 viewsAl_Bundy

Been easier to get tickets this season.. that though should be ringing alarm bells with the club.

Looks like the clubs inability to act since we've been in the prem has capped our home support and not tapped into a new generation who have drifted away.
Where are all the fans? on 20:01 - Sep 14 with 2139 viewsNeath_Jack

I know it isn't the gist of this thread, but why are football fans so hung up about attendances?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Where are all the fans? on 20:10 - Sep 14 with 2105 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Where are all the fans? on 20:01 - Sep 14 by Neath_Jack

I know it isn't the gist of this thread, but why are football fans so hung up about attendances?

Because in these modern times we are only allowed to spend what we have. With a limited income from ticket sales it means a limited wage budget, a limited transfer budget and a limited overall budget.

There's a reason Manchester City are adding 20,000 seats as quickly as they can get the cranes there. Every new fan is an extra couple of thousand a year towards paying their next Silva or Aguero.

Where are all the fans? on 20:11 - Sep 14 with 2107 viewsChief

on the approaches to Llanelli (at the Swiss valley end, the Trostre end and the 5 roads end), there are signs promoting the next scarlets match with a changeable panel for the opposition.

I think it would be a good idea to have a few of these advertising swans league games around Swansea and have a changebale panel on it saying whether theres tickets still available or not. may catch the eye of a few casual fans or get kids nagging their parents if they saw tickets were still on sale.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Where are all the fans? on 20:14 - Sep 14 with 2096 viewswaynekerr55

Where are all the fans? on 20:10 - Sep 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Because in these modern times we are only allowed to spend what we have. With a limited income from ticket sales it means a limited wage budget, a limited transfer budget and a limited overall budget.

There's a reason Manchester City are adding 20,000 seats as quickly as they can get the cranes there. Every new fan is an extra couple of thousand a year towards paying their next Silva or Aguero.

Although the bulk of the money will need to come from "premium" tickets, 3 course slap up meals etc. etc.

Although our commercial dept aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the dishwasher ( (c) Warwick) there are a range of factors impacting upon the extension.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Where are all the fans? on 20:15 - Sep 14 with 2092 viewsNeath_Jack

Dwight, you are wrong.

People have been hung up on attendances, who has the most, the least since before you were even a glint in your old mans ball bag. It's nothing to do with modern times, it has always been thus.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Where are all the fans? on 20:16 - Sep 14 with 2088 viewsNeath_Jack

Where are all the fans? on 20:11 - Sep 14 by Chief

on the approaches to Llanelli (at the Swiss valley end, the Trostre end and the 5 roads end), there are signs promoting the next scarlets match with a changeable panel for the opposition.

I think it would be a good idea to have a few of these advertising swans league games around Swansea and have a changebale panel on it saying whether theres tickets still available or not. may catch the eye of a few casual fans or get kids nagging their parents if they saw tickets were still on sale.

Aye, even Neath RFC have boards advertising their games about the place.

Where are all the fans? on 20:16 - Sep 14 with 2077 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Where are all the fans? on 20:15 - Sep 14 by Neath_Jack

Dwight, you are wrong.

People have been hung up on attendances, who has the most, the least since before you were even a glint in your old mans ball bag. It's nothing to do with modern times, it has always been thus.

I'm not wrong.

Maybe people have always been bothered about attendances but my points are not wrong.

Where are all the fans? on 20:17 - Sep 14 with 2078 viewsC_jack

Man City would have the same amount of money to spend if there was 10,000 people watching them every week. I don't think their attendances affect any of their signings.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024