Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Skip of Terror 23:44 - Oct 7 with 3762 viewsGhanaDale

I'm so glad I had to move stands this evening, I genuinely don't know how I would've coped avoiding all of the floodlight stuff they were storing in the Sandy Lane...

Would rather they'd just told us they were closing it to save money, which would've been fair enough!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

The Skip of Terror on 10:33 - Oct 8 with 3487 viewsNinco

Would you rather they spend money on stewarding an almost empty stand on a night when we could all have fit in to one stand, or would you rather they save money where they can so that they can increase or sustain the playing budget?

These days, with so many businesses going out of business, it would be stupid of any business to waste money when they don't have to.
The Skip of Terror on 11:05 - Oct 8 with 3437 viewstazzydjr

The Skip of Terror on 10:33 - Oct 8 by Ninco

Would you rather they spend money on stewarding an almost empty stand on a night when we could all have fit in to one stand, or would you rather they save money where they can so that they can increase or sustain the playing budget?

These days, with so many businesses going out of business, it would be stupid of any business to waste money when they don't have to.

I agree Ninco some of them were against it the original time it were purposed, from a Business Prospective & Knowing how a Business is Administrated no doubt last night would of saved the club quite bit of money. Nothing wrong with that even if it left bitterness in some of the Laners mouth's anything what saves the club money is a good thing at end of the day, more importantly whatever makes the club more money can benefit towards the future of football club. We don't want to end up in Hereford United, Darlington or Boston United's shoes for the sake of one stand being opened!

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

The Skip of Terror on 11:15 - Oct 8 with 3422 viewswindowsbug

Did any one notice that the away fans were in a different section of stand last night.
They were entering through different turnstiles as I walked past.
Why do this? Unless there is a hidden agenda.
I have a feeing the skip of terror will make an appearance at the Gillingham game.
The Skip of Terror on 13:40 - Oct 8 with 3293 viewsGhanaDale

If that was the case then why not just say 'as a cost cutting exercise the Sandy Lane will be closed.'?
It will look a bit stupid if the skip is still there for the next home game.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

The Skip of Terror on 13:42 - Oct 8 with 3288 viewsMoonyDale

The Skip of Terror on 13:40 - Oct 8 by GhanaDale

If that was the case then why not just say 'as a cost cutting exercise the Sandy Lane will be closed.'?
It will look a bit stupid if the skip is still there for the next home game.

If it's still there for the Gills game I will be down T'other end and I will be standing....Simples.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The Skip of Terror on 17:09 - Oct 8 with 3106 viewsoddjob007

Would be interesting to see how much money each of the stands actually makes, profitability and what the break even number is in each stand.. But sadly (I would assume) as we are not a large organisation with an abundance of accountants.. This analysis doesn't happen.

If the club said, for games like last night, we are only opening the main stand and whichever other stand is the most profitable, basing it on pure financial fact... Wonder what the response would be? It may actually cost the club money to put on the match, but as long as fans get to stand/sit where they want does it matter? Difficult one.
The Skip of Terror on 18:05 - Oct 8 with 3015 viewsboromat

If they do start considering closing stands for such games to save money (which I think is reasonable). I would think closing the Pearl Street stand rather than the Sandy would be more beneficial for both cost and atmosphere. That way you still give fans the option of standing or sitting as well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The Skip of Terror on 18:43 - Oct 8 with 2948 viewsTVOS1907

In that case, it's a bit odd putting 99 Walsall fans where we did.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

The Skip of Terror on 19:23 - Oct 8 with 2895 viewsNinco

The Skip of Terror on 18:43 - Oct 8 by TVOS1907

In that case, it's a bit odd putting 99 Walsall fans where we did.

I'm sure if segregation was legal in football, they could have put the away fans in another stand, just as Hornets do, but they've got to go in another area, and the police have said numerous times in the past that they would rather have the away fans in that stand because having coaches parked on Sandy Lane instead of Willbutts Lane would cause too much congestion.
The Skip of Terror on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 2837 viewsTVOS1907

The Skip of Terror on 19:23 - Oct 8 by Ninco

I'm sure if segregation was legal in football, they could have put the away fans in another stand, just as Hornets do, but they've got to go in another area, and the police have said numerous times in the past that they would rather have the away fans in that stand because having coaches parked on Sandy Lane instead of Willbutts Lane would cause too much congestion.

We've managed to put visiting fans in the main stand before, especially with such a small number.

I agree it's probably not legal and there will be some H&S ruling that stops it, but it must cost the club a pretty penny to open that stand to less than 100 fans.

The Skip of Terror on 20:35 - Oct 8 with 2819 views442Dale

The Skip of Terror on 19:23 - Oct 8 by Ninco

Do they still let coaches down Willbutts? They've been on Ings Lanea few times this season.

They maybe could have put away fans in one side of the Pearl St, it was done before v Stoke in the northern final of the AWS/JPT with a much bigger away following. Or close both ends and make all JPT games "Willbutts games", in fact that may have worked much better last night and given fans from both ends the chance to use Willbutts. Could have then followed it up by finding out if they enjoyed the experience and would be prepared to try it again....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Skip of Terror on 22:42 - Oct 8 with 2676 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The Skip of Terror on 20:35 - Oct 8 by 442Dale

Do they still let coaches down Willbutts? They've been on Ings Lanea few times this season.

They maybe could have put away fans in one side of the Pearl St, it was done before v Stoke in the northern final of the AWS/JPT with a much bigger away following. Or close both ends and make all JPT games "Willbutts games", in fact that may have worked much better last night and given fans from both ends the chance to use Willbutts. Could have then followed it up by finding out if they enjoyed the experience and would be prepared to try it again....

"The Skip of Terror"

Don't bother reading it, it's shite.

Whoever told Alfie Khyme he could write was a prick.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The Skip of Terror on 23:02 - Oct 8 with 2632 viewsTVOS1907

The Skip of Terror on 22:42 - Oct 8 by BigDaveMyCock

"The Skip of Terror"

Don't bother reading it, it's shite.

Whoever told Alfie Khyme he could write was a prick.

Was it 442Dale?

The Skip of Terror on 19:45 - Oct 9 with 2425 viewsoff2div1

Any chance of Sandy floodlight cam
The Skip of Terror on 19:57 - Oct 9 with 2406 viewsTVOS1907

Don't know about that, but there are a load of new street lights popping up all over the borough.

I had to move out of my conservatory into the less-salubrious lounge so th'electricity board could put some equipment in there.

Problem was, my neighbours also had to move and kept swearing like mad throughout Grantchester.

I've had a look into the conservatory and all I can see is a skipping rope!

* I haven't got a conservatory

The Skip of Floodlight Material on 20:04 - Oct 9 with 2381 viewstazzydjr

I still think referring to it as "Terror" were major overreaction by the OP

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

The Skip of Terror on 20:07 - Oct 9 with 2376 views442Dale

The Skip of Terror on 19:57 - Oct 9 by TVOS1907

Don't know about that, but there are a load of new street lights popping up all over the borough.

I had to move out of my conservatory into the less-salubrious lounge so th'electricity board could put some equipment in there.

Problem was, my neighbours also had to move and kept swearing like mad throughout Grantchester.

I've had a look into the conservatory and all I can see is a skipping rope!

* I haven't got a conservatory

The Street Light of Extreme Discomfort.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Skip of Floodlight Material on 20:08 - Oct 9 with 2373 viewsTVOS1907

The Skip of Floodlight Material on 20:04 - Oct 9 by tazzydjr

I still think referring to it as "Terror" were major overreaction by the OP

It's on a par with Portakabin-gate, tbf.

The Skip of Terror on 23:21 - Oct 10 with 2139 viewsbig_dave2010

Did anyone get photos of said skip??? was it a mini skip or full sized???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024