Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Passport to leisure 15:27 - Jul 25 with 28444 viewstazzydjr

The club has scrapped the scheme means the crowd will fall even more in possibly what could of been the clubs biggest ever revenue season since Burnley, Wigan, Bury, Blackpool and the Yorkshire sides was in League 1 North

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Passport to leisure on 16:19 - Jul 25 with 11750 viewsbig_dave2010

People will still pay the money if only for the big games.
Do you know if it is the club who have dropped it or the p2l people?
Passport to leisure on 16:30 - Jul 25 with 11715 views_dezzy

Passport to leisure on 16:19 - Jul 25 by big_dave2010

People will still pay the money if only for the big games.
Do you know if it is the club who have dropped it or the p2l people?

I would think its the club who have stopped it, Cant see the P2l paying the club what ever the user saves, The card is mainly for savings on council run leisure facilities like the swimming baths, gym at the leisure centre in town, plus I believe springy park golf course, which is council run.

KHBA

Passport to leisure on 16:30 - Jul 25 with 11704 viewsnordenblue

Shock horror,everyone has to pay the same rate for entertainment.
Passport to leisure on 16:32 - Jul 25 with 11687 viewsbig_dave2010

Springfield park golf course used to have it.
Passport to leisure on 16:33 - Jul 25 with 11677 views_dezzy

Must be recent as a mate of mine said he used his 2 month ago there

KHBA

Passport to leisure on 16:56 - Jul 25 with 11608 viewsKenBoon

Passport to leisure on 16:30 - Jul 25 by nordenblue

tbf, considering the youth unemployment rates and the low low wage jobs many of the others do, it is a issue, unless the Club have something to replace it.
Passport to leisure on 16:57 - Jul 25 with 11596 viewsLS27Rdale

Passport to leisure on 16:30 - Jul 25 by nordenblue

Was a godsend, when I was out of work. Living on about £15 a week

Lets hope you are never out of work, fella
Passport to leisure on 16:58 - Jul 25 with 11574 viewsisitme

Passport to leisure on 16:33 - Jul 25 by _dezzy

Must be recent as a mate of mine said he used his 2 month ago there

I would question as to whether it is no longer valid, or just not valid for an already discounted preseason friendly?
Login to get fewer ads

Passport to leisure on 17:05 - Jul 25 with 11536 views442Dale

Passport to leisure on 16:58 - Jul 25 by isitme

I would question as to whether it is no longer valid, or just not valid for an already discounted preseason friendly?

Good question. Would have expected an announcement about it otherwise.

Maybe contacting the Trust or the club directly will get clarity.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Passport to leisure on 17:11 - Jul 25 with 11483 viewsDomDale

Bloody Tories.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Passport to leisure on 17:11 - Jul 25 with 11483 viewssince58

the p2l helped a lot of unemployed people afford to watch r.a.f.c. that will definitely stop a good few fans attending .surely its better to receive some income rather than nothing .if true maybe a bad move by the club .
Passport to leisure on 17:12 - Jul 25 with 11475 viewsisitme

Passport to leisure on 17:05 - Jul 25 by 442Dale

Good question. Would have expected an announcement about it otherwise.

Maybe contacting the Trust or the club directly will get clarity.

http://www.link4life.org/services/passport-to-leisure

The link above suggests that PTL has changed and is focused on sporting and leisure facilities across the Link4life centres in the borough. As the football club is not a Link4life centre maybe it is no longer valid.
Passport to leisure on 20:51 - Jul 25 with 11228 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 16:57 - Jul 25 by LS27Rdale

Was a godsend, when I was out of work. Living on about £15 a week

Lets hope you are never out of work, fella

If i was ever out of work id expect to sacrifice such luxuries in life,try ringing up for a concert or any other entertainment and kindly explain you're out of work im sure they'd be equally as understanding about a discount.
Passport to leisure on 20:56 - Jul 25 with 11216 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 16:56 - Jul 25 by KenBoon

tbf, considering the youth unemployment rates and the low low wage jobs many of the others do, it is a issue, unless the Club have something to replace it.

If you dont have the money you do without like everything else in life,your income dictates your outgoings as harsh as that may seem its a fact of life.
You cant expect everyone to bring prices down as you personally cant afford something.
Passport to leisure on 21:49 - Jul 25 with 11179 viewsKenBoon

Passport to leisure on 20:56 - Jul 25 by nordenblue

If you dont have the money you do without like everything else in life,your income dictates your outgoings as harsh as that may seem its a fact of life.
You cant expect everyone to bring prices down as you personally cant afford something.

Would that include concessions for kids? Discounts for Pensioners?
Life, generally, has schemes and offers that try to attract people that would otherwise miss out. Not just financial ones. By your logic, all the hard work we do in the Schools to get people to support Rochdale, can be undone because discounts die whilst their income doesn't increase. What happens is we lose those fans, who'll find a Club to watch on a TV. I think we do concessions up to 18, which is at least something, but we really need to do student ones. People doing apprenticeships, work training or in higher education aren't loaded. It'd rather they were filling a seat in Spotland than being priced out.
Passport to leisure on 21:53 - Jul 25 with 11169 views442Dale

Passport to leisure on 21:49 - Jul 25 by KenBoon

Life, generally, has schemes and offers that try to attract people that would otherwise miss out. Not just financial ones. By your logic, all the hard work we do in the Schools to get people to support Rochdale, can be undone because discounts die whilst their income doesn't increase. What happens is we lose those fans, who'll find a Club to watch on a TV. I think we do concessions up to 18, which is at least something, but we really need to do student ones. People doing apprenticeships, work training or in higher education aren't loaded. It'd rather they were filling a seat in Spotland than being priced out.

Concur completely.

Was speaking to another regular on here over a pint before the game, and one thing we agreed on was the need to get people into the ground first and foremost. At no stage, within certain limitations, should we be pricing out football fans.

And that includes those in the away end.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Passport to leisure on 22:10 - Jul 25 with 11148 viewsnordenblue

Obviously not as children and pensioners arent of a working age?Where do you draw the line with regard to income not being sufficient in relation to affording perks then?
Ive just spent a small fortune to gain another trade to strengthen my working skills,surely i should now be entitled to discounted entry?
Passport to leisure on 22:24 - Jul 25 with 11138 viewsKenBoon

Passport to leisure on 22:10 - Jul 25 by nordenblue

Obviously not as children and pensioners arent of a working age?Where do you draw the line with regard to income not being sufficient in relation to affording perks then?
Ive just spent a small fortune to gain another trade to strengthen my working skills,surely i should now be entitled to discounted entry?

Not everyone who works get a living wage. Have you seen the pitiful amounts under 21s can be paid? From that small wage they need to pay rent/board to parents, food, travel and then if there's anything left for fun then I suspect 2 hours in Spotland might come second to doing something with their significant other, cheap supermarket lager or a few beers and Football at the pub.

With regard to clear discounts, like I said I think you draw that line at people under 21, in education, doing training schemes, apprenticeships or
on back to work schemes. The other discounts could be done with ticket offers designed to appeal to folk who cannot afford an outright purchase of a season ticket, but would like to attend more than a handful of matches.

I have dozens of empty seats around me in Pearl Street End (I cured the BO issue years ago) and i'd rather than were filled with supporters, rather than collecting bird shit.
Passport to leisure on 23:50 - Jul 25 with 11049 viewsAtThePeake

We have an Under 22s ticket pricing. Not sure whether this is the same as a normal concession or slightly higher but it was £14 into the Main Stand last season.

Tangled up in blue.

Passport to leisure on 06:56 - Jul 26 with 10921 viewsoff2div1

What is this Passport to Leisure discount you are all talking about.

As I don't live in this wonderful town any more I do not know what the rules or perks are.

Surly this is discrimination against fans who don't live in the town anymore.
Passport to leisure on 07:38 - Jul 26 with 10907 viewsnordenblue

Passport to leisure on 22:24 - Jul 25 by KenBoon

Not everyone who works get a living wage. Have you seen the pitiful amounts under 21s can be paid? From that small wage they need to pay rent/board to parents, food, travel and then if there's anything left for fun then I suspect 2 hours in Spotland might come second to doing something with their significant other, cheap supermarket lager or a few beers and Football at the pub.

With regard to clear discounts, like I said I think you draw that line at people under 21, in education, doing training schemes, apprenticeships or
on back to work schemes. The other discounts could be done with ticket offers designed to appeal to folk who cannot afford an outright purchase of a season ticket, but would like to attend more than a handful of matches.

I have dozens of empty seats around me in Pearl Street End (I cured the BO issue years ago) and i'd rather than were filled with supporters, rather than collecting bird shit.

Why draw the line at 21 if we've so many seats collecting birdshit then?
Sadly such schemes are also taken up by people who have no intention of doing a days work while the state so happily bends over backwards to make everything affordable for them,a fact so well highlighted by a current regular poster on here who believes like thousands of others,the world owes them a living.
Passport to leisure on 11:31 - Jul 26 with 10753 viewstazzydjr

Passport to leisure on 07:38 - Jul 26 by nordenblue

Why draw the line at 21 if we've so many seats collecting birdshit then?
Sadly such schemes are also taken up by people who have no intention of doing a days work while the state so happily bends over backwards to make everything affordable for them,a fact so well highlighted by a current regular poster on here who believes like thousands of others,the world owes them a living.

You really don't have a clue one day you'll end up in my shoes my life works toa routine everything has to go plan it's not easy it's heartbreaking my routine has now been disrupted the club not informing people that they are no longer working with link4life I'd naughty especially after the st deadline instead of it working out at 322 for 23 matches plus 8.20 pie coffee and beer each match this now increases to 460 for 23 matches it's stressful enough having to do 7 hours each day job-hunting it's not easy this mean's a have to cut my cloth according the unemployed get lots of criticism but we are not of lazy doped up smackheads or alcoholics like the media brainwashing people to think this government increased MPs wages by 10% yet they are making major cut to the most vulnerable people in this country plus major corporate big wigs are avoiding paying billions of pounds in tax if half of you saw what I had to live off each month right now is currently nothing you would be in shock Nordanblue I would hate to see you ever end up like me let alone survive on what I have to each month this government claimed they cut unemployment when infact those figures was only because they was sending people on short courses and sanctioning those who didn't have a computer or know how to use one many other stories of people being left without money for up to a 6 month period it's wrong yet it's always the unemployed fault according to the tory loving media

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Passport to leisure on 11:43 - Jul 26 with 10731 viewsRAFCBLUE

Passport to leisure on 11:31 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

You really don't have a clue one day you'll end up in my shoes my life works toa routine everything has to go plan it's not easy it's heartbreaking my routine has now been disrupted the club not informing people that they are no longer working with link4life I'd naughty especially after the st deadline instead of it working out at 322 for 23 matches plus 8.20 pie coffee and beer each match this now increases to 460 for 23 matches it's stressful enough having to do 7 hours each day job-hunting it's not easy this mean's a have to cut my cloth according the unemployed get lots of criticism but we are not of lazy doped up smackheads or alcoholics like the media brainwashing people to think this government increased MPs wages by 10% yet they are making major cut to the most vulnerable people in this country plus major corporate big wigs are avoiding paying billions of pounds in tax if half of you saw what I had to live off each month right now is currently nothing you would be in shock Nordanblue I would hate to see you ever end up like me let alone survive on what I have to each month this government claimed they cut unemployment when infact those figures was only because they was sending people on short courses and sanctioning those who didn't have a computer or know how to use one many other stories of people being left without money for up to a 6 month period it's wrong yet it's always the unemployed fault according to the tory loving media

Welcome to the real world Tazzy.

My life is disrupted daily by work. I wish it wasn't.

I get up at 6.30am, I do an average of 80 hours a week, like many to pay bills and make a living for my family and then with what is left make spending choices.

I wish there was a way of earning the money and still have spending choices without the effort, but guess what - there isn't!

I don't get subsidised entry offered as an adult and neither should you.

The offers that RAFC has for under 7's, children, juniors and OAP's is getting better and near market leading for the FITC community resources being deployed.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Passport to leisure on 11:51 - Jul 26 with 10708 viewsisitme

Would going in the Sandy and not buying a beer etc cover the increased cost and allow you to attend games?

I have no doubt being unemployed is difficult and I for one am thankful that I have a decent job. I notice that Crown Oil are recruiting and there was a sign outside one of the bookies in town that they were after a cashier. To say there are no jobs is disingenuous. There were about 100 apprenticeships advertised on a window inside the Wheatsheaf Centre. I suspect that on many job websites there will be hundreds of other jobs. They may not be what you want to do, but surely any job is better than nothing?

Unfortunately, however well you managed your finances to be able to afford it, attending the Under 21 tournament does not help your case that you are hard done by. Many people who work, due to having other financial commitments you don't have, would not be able to afford to undertake such a trip. Some would also begrudge that they have, in effect paid for your trip.
Passport to leisure on 11:53 - Jul 26 with 10704 views_dezzy

Passport to leisure on 11:31 - Jul 26 by tazzydjr

Deary deary me. What did you spend on your trip to the U21 tourney? you had a great time there, but if you loved the Dale that much you would of bought your ST early, instead of relying on trying to get in cheap every week, Its all about priorities, and you chose the U21s .
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 11:56]

KHBA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024