Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland u23 Game 14:53 - Aug 15 with 4580 viewsGhanaDale

How many people can we realistically expect to attend this game?

Sunderland won't bring more than 50 fans surely, maybe a few die hards who live locally but they're not going to care about their academy team away at Rochdale on a Tuesday night in a tinpot trophy.

It's not really going to enthuse many Dale fans either. I've got better things to spend a tenner on.

I honestly can't see over 300 - 400 attending the game, if we're lucky.

Do season ticket holders get this for free or do they have to pay?

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Sunderland u23 Game on 15:06 - Aug 15 with 4551 viewsmacro

A few might go as Sunderland haven’t played Dale before - tick off a ground

The attendance will be more than Notts County at Home or Hartlepool away
Sunderland u23 Game on 15:19 - Aug 15 with 4519 viewsYorkshire_Dale

When is this game,por favor?
Sunderland u23 Game on 15:25 - Aug 15 with 4494 viewsTVOS1907

Sunderland u23 Game on 15:19 - Aug 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

When is this game,por favor?

Tuesday 6th September, kick-off 7.45pm

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sunderland u23 Game on 15:50 - Aug 15 with 4432 viewsbocadave

As long as academy teams are in the competition, I will be boycotting all games in this competition. I will however, spend the admission money that I have saved in the club shop.
Sunderland u23 Game on 16:15 - Aug 15 with 4355 viewsonedalefan

Sunderland u23 Game on 15:06 - Aug 15 by macro

A few might go as Sunderland haven’t played Dale before - tick off a ground

The attendance will be more than Notts County at Home or Hartlepool away

Can't tick off a ground, it's at home.
Sunderland u23 Game on 16:16 - Aug 15 with 4351 viewsAtThePeake

Sunderland u23 Game on 16:15 - Aug 15 by onedalefan

I think Macro means Sunderland fans.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 16:16]

Tangled up in blue.

Sunderland u23 Game on 16:35 - Aug 15 with 4294 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sunderland u23 Game on 16:15 - Aug 15 by onedalefan

Quite a few folk in Rochdale could.
Sunderland u23 Game on 17:36 - Aug 15 with 4159 viewsBartRowou

Sunderland u23 Game on 15:50 - Aug 15 by bocadave

As long as academy teams are in the competition, I will be boycotting all games in this competition. I will however, spend the admission money that I have saved in the club shop.

I'm with bocadave on this one.
They won't get many bocajuniors either as most schools go back that week.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland u23 Game on 17:43 - Aug 15 with 4142 viewsboromat

Are we think sub 1000?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sunderland u23 Game on 19:01 - Aug 15 with 4010 viewsboromat

OS has just announced half price on all sponsorship packages for the match.

Sunderland u23 Game on 19:13 - Aug 15 with 3988 viewsToffeemanc

Sunderland u23 Game on 15:50 - Aug 15 by bocadave

Your first sentence sums it up perfectly for me.

It will be the first competitive home game in all competitions I will miss in nearly 8 years and I've made the choice to boycott the competition solely because of the introduction of the academy sides. For me it is just the beginning of them trying to sneak the premier league b teams in through the back door and should never have been agreed by the league clubs. I would rather have seen the competition die out completely than be involved in the farce it has become this season. Really hope the final is contested between two academy sides, Sky will get a real buzz from televising that to the nation.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 22:01]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Sunderland u23 Game on 19:19 - Aug 15 with 3974 views1949er

Was in two minds about this match. When the news that MY sandy was being closed, made it an easy decision not to go

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Sunderland u23 Game on 19:57 - Aug 15 with 3895 views442Dale

Why is being advertised as an U23 side? It's Sunderland isn't it?
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/date-prices-set-for-dales-efl-

They don't have to play any more than 6 of their players within the age restraints...
http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-trophy-format-confirmed-for-201617-3170

And according to that it's U21!!!!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sunderland u23 Game on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 3700 viewsboromat

Sounds like Sunderland have decided to enter an U23s side which they're quite entitled to within the rules. I hope we also play an U23s team and absolutely batter them.

Sunderland u23 Game on 11:28 - Aug 16 with 3440 viewsdingdangblue

Sunderland u23 Game on 19:57 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

Why is being advertised as an U23 side? It's Sunderland isn't it?
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/date-prices-set-for-dales-efl-

They don't have to play any more than 6 of their players within the age restraints...
http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-trophy-format-confirmed-for-201617-3170

And according to that it's U21!!!!

I've not got a problem with them advertising it as Sunderland Academy - surely everyone knows that's who we are playing? David Moyes wont be in the dug out. It'll be the Academy coach/manager.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sunderland u23 Game on 11:41 - Aug 16 with 3423 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Why is there so much negativity about this lot......take it or leave it.

It might be a chance for Dale to strike a relationship with S'land and borrow someone or the reverse and they start to track our star men?

Anyway, is there not a bonus for winning?
Sunderland u23 Game on 11:50 - Aug 16 with 3408 viewsmacro

Sunderland u23 Game on 11:41 - Aug 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Why is there so much negativity about this lot......take it or leave it.

It might be a chance for Dale to strike a relationship with S'land and borrow someone or the reverse and they start to track our star men?

Anyway, is there not a bonus for winning?

It’s not negativity about ‘the lot’ it’s negativity about the competition.
Sunderland u23 Game on 12:37 - Aug 16 with 3336 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sunderland u23 Game on 11:50 - Aug 16 by macro

It’s not negativity about ‘the lot’ it’s negativity about the competition.

I meant the "competition" rather than Sunderland per se......we don't like change and the Paintpot cup was already disliked before the re-vamp.
Sunderland u23 Game on 12:57 - Aug 16 with 3288 viewsalex_roch39

Sunderland u23 Game on 19:13 - Aug 15 by Toffeemanc

Your first sentence sums it up perfectly for me.

It will be the first competitive home game in all competitions I will miss in nearly 8 years and I've made the choice to boycott the competition solely because of the introduction of the academy sides. For me it is just the beginning of them trying to sneak the premier league b teams in through the back door and should never have been agreed by the league clubs. I would rather have seen the competition die out completely than be involved in the farce it has become this season. Really hope the final is contested between two academy sides, Sky will get a real buzz from televising that to the nation.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 22:01]

Dunphy said at the forum, that there would have to be a vote on allowing Premier League B teams in the league. He also said there's a rule where something like 90% of EFL teams would have to vote in favour of it, for it to ever happen. The EFL trophy now offers a significant increase in prize money, so it is probably the main reason why clubs voted in favour of the new format.
Sunderland u23 Game on 13:14 - Aug 16 with 3248 viewspioneer

Sunderland u23 Game on 12:57 - Aug 16 by alex_roch39

Dunphy said at the forum, that there would have to be a vote on allowing Premier League B teams in the league. He also said there's a rule where something like 90% of EFL teams would have to vote in favour of it, for it to ever happen. The EFL trophy now offers a significant increase in prize money, so it is probably the main reason why clubs voted in favour of the new format.

Yes they would do anything for a bit more dosh (thirty pieces of silver) - no consideration of the fans point of view as usual, or the long term implications in the sense that some see this as the thin end of the wedge.
Sunderland u23 Game on 14:33 - Aug 16 with 3152 views49thseason

Sunderland u23 Game on 12:57 - Aug 16 by alex_roch39

It's hardly a fortune that's at stake, is it?
"The new-look competition will also have an enhanced prize fund with an expected £1.95m being up for grabs, including £10,000 per win and £5,000 per draw during the group stage, and £100,000 for the eventual winner."
Sunderland u23 Game on 21:22 - Aug 16 with 2948 views442Dale

Sunderland u23 Game on 12:37 - Aug 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

I meant the "competition" rather than Sunderland per se......we don't like change and the Paintpot cup was already disliked before the re-vamp.

But at least it was a proper competition with a visible structure for lower league clubs.

It's not being negative, it's saying something that's woeful is really bloody woeful. Club's should be aware of that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024