Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? 12:32 - May 12 with 2521 viewshubble

You decide:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/arsenal-fans-need-to-put-up-or-shut-up-about

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 12:44 - May 12 with 2495 views18StoneOfHoop

Any chance of giving Toby Young to Brentford on a free transfer?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 12:50 - May 12 with 2480 viewseccles

yep.

first line " I used to follow Man utd but now I follow Arsenal"
didn't bother with the rest of the article.
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 12:59 - May 12 with 2462 viewsTGRRRSSS

Complete moron on the surface but might actually encapsulate what has been created at the very top level maybe???
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 13:16 - May 12 with 2442 viewsMoonshineSteve

Don't really have a problem with people going to see a team/player they like just for the love of the game - plenty of neutrals popped along to Fulham to see Best Moore and Marsh, and in my younger days I would have gone to a non-Rs game to see Pele or Cruyff play. But that's just to enjoy the artistry.

I don't see how you can transfer the intense investment you put into a club to another. It would never feel the same. Perhaps it's easier for those picking a club out of the air. But when I go to a game I'm carrying all the baggage within. Holding my Dad's hand in the crowd, and sitting on his shoulders on the terrace. Feeling really grown up when me and my mates snuck off to go on our own. Crying at Wembley in 82. Being old enough to meet friends for a beer before the game. Swearing at Wembley in 86. Passing my test and being able to drive to a match. The support I got from going to the game and being with my mates when my marriage broke up. The wonderful awaydays we've had around the country. Zamora day (anniversary approaching! What shall we all do?).

I couldn't transfer that to another club. It would never be my club and I'd never be part of theirs.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 13:19 - May 12 with 2426 viewsquickpassrotter

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 13:16 - May 12 by MoonshineSteve

Don't really have a problem with people going to see a team/player they like just for the love of the game - plenty of neutrals popped along to Fulham to see Best Moore and Marsh, and in my younger days I would have gone to a non-Rs game to see Pele or Cruyff play. But that's just to enjoy the artistry.

I don't see how you can transfer the intense investment you put into a club to another. It would never feel the same. Perhaps it's easier for those picking a club out of the air. But when I go to a game I'm carrying all the baggage within. Holding my Dad's hand in the crowd, and sitting on his shoulders on the terrace. Feeling really grown up when me and my mates snuck off to go on our own. Crying at Wembley in 82. Being old enough to meet friends for a beer before the game. Swearing at Wembley in 86. Passing my test and being able to drive to a match. The support I got from going to the game and being with my mates when my marriage broke up. The wonderful awaydays we've had around the country. Zamora day (anniversary approaching! What shall we all do?).

I couldn't transfer that to another club. It would never be my club and I'd never be part of theirs.

Well said DagenhamSteve !
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 13:30 - May 12 with 2391 viewsTacticalR

Hmmm, even though, from the sound of it, he's a 'money dissolves all sentimental bonds' conservative, you might have thought that he would have had a better understanding of 'loyalty to tradition' conservatism from some of his colleagues at The Spectator.

Air hostess clique

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 13:45 - May 12 with 2365 viewsFredManRave

Ridiculous article. As if Heinz Baked Beans would ever change their recipe!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 13:53 - May 12 with 2351 viewsTacticalR

Btw, that article is behind a paywall. However, I found I was able to access it by switching computers.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 16:00 - May 12 with 2259 viewsJAPRANGERS

You cannot switch allegiances from 1 club to another. QPR is in our DNA. Stupid article.
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 16:07 - May 12 with 2239 viewsizlingtonhoop

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 16:00 - May 12 by JAPRANGERS

You cannot switch allegiances from 1 club to another. QPR is in our DNA. Stupid article.

You're correct, you can't swap allegiances; but it's NOT in our DNA.

Now, where's that 'irrationally annoying phrases' thread.
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 18:28 - May 12 with 2160 viewsMrSheen

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 16:07 - May 12 by izlingtonhoop

You're correct, you can't swap allegiances; but it's NOT in our DNA.

Now, where's that 'irrationally annoying phrases' thread.

A thousand recommends, thank you sir. Even worse than "Your retirement/pizza/garden/pet/toenails, our Passion".
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 22:12 - May 12 with 2047 viewsSJL

Man who knows nothing about football writes article about football. Easily the worst article about footy I've ever read. Arrogant div. It's muppets like this that make it impossible for me to ever vote Tory. I never want to be part of the same tribe as this clueless idiot.
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 18:09 - May 14 with 1852 viewssmegma

I refuse to even click on the link seeing some comments. Not only can you not swap teams, you can't have a 'second team' or a 'German/Spanish team' or even a non league team. It's QPR or f*ck right off.
The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 18:17 - May 14 with 1841 viewsBoston

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 18:09 - May 14 by smegma

I refuse to even click on the link seeing some comments. Not only can you not swap teams, you can't have a 'second team' or a 'German/Spanish team' or even a non league team. It's QPR or f*ck right off.

sorta

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 14:59 - May 16 with 1639 viewsCliff

The most idiotic (masquerading as intelligent) football article ever? on 12:50 - May 12 by eccles

yep.

first line " I used to follow Man utd but now I follow Arsenal"
didn't bother with the rest of the article.

You should finish the paragraph and see the reason why !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024