Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie's Pre-season statement 12:32 - Jul 8 with 1462 viewsthrillseeker

Statement released on OWS
https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/july/robbies-pre-season-update/

Kit news - my guess it will be similar to the Leeds 1971 shirt
Robbie's Pre-season statement on 12:45 - Jul 8 with 1451 viewsdurham_exile

TS - interesting
Robbie says
"Not everyone will get the opportunities they need at Colchester. Some talent like Macauley Bonne and Freddie Ladapo need to find opportunities elsewhere to fulfil their potentials. If I get to see them before they go, the last thing I normally say to a boy we release is "go and prove us wrong".

Definitely two occasions when management cocked up big style

UTU's

Durham_exile

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 13:01 - Jul 8 with 1448 viewsMoor_Pinot

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 12:45 - Jul 8 by durham_exile

TS - interesting
Robbie says
"Not everyone will get the opportunities they need at Colchester. Some talent like Macauley Bonne and Freddie Ladapo need to find opportunities elsewhere to fulfil their potentials. If I get to see them before they go, the last thing I normally say to a boy we release is "go and prove us wrong".

UTU's

Absolutely Durham and sadly - for me - a statement by the Chairman in attempt to cover his back from the criticism where those two [and there are others] are concerned. I love my club BUT for years I have felt that club-culture wise we were nowhere near the sharpest of tacks as regards man-management.

Those two have indeed proved his management 'wrong'.

Moor Pinot

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 13:55 - Jul 8 with 1438 viewsthrillseeker

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 12:45 - Jul 8 by durham_exile

TS - interesting
Robbie says

UTU's

Durham - I'm not sure about either player

Ladapo - he has done the rounds and seems to have hit a lucky 2018/19 season that has resulted in his move

Bonne - I was never impressed whan I saw him play in first XI and U-23's. He found his standard in the National League yet when I watched games on BT Sport he again never stood out.

I fear both these players will fail at Championship level but I hope I am wrong
Robbie's Pre-season statement on 14:17 - Jul 8 with 1432 viewsLeadbelly

Cashless is great if you are spending less than £30 but presumably anything more, very likely in the club shop at least, then PINs will be required. Rarely quicker than cash in my experience.

I'm a self confessed Luddite so the headlong rush to a cashless world really horrifies me. I've never yet had a £10 note break down, be cloned or hacked. Cashless is not yet secure enough.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 14:19 - Jul 8 with 1432 viewsburnsieespana

Am truly surprised both Bonne and Lapedo both going to play in the Championship as never rated either. Yes 'runners' but without much purpose or end product the times I saw both play.
Needless to say am glad for both of them but honestly can't see either being anything but squad members.
Suppose though it looks good on us when youngsters are looking at who to join and therefore will enhance our Academy.
Robbie's Pre-season statement on 19:47 - Jul 8 with 1392 viewsoxfcolu

Skimmed the usual blarney, more interested in the new shirt. I hope it's the 1971 model as that was the year I first caught the bug.
Robbie's Pre-season statement on 22:18 - Jul 8 with 1368 viewsGOSBTS

Must say I am quite excited for the new shirt, for purely selfish reasons. Have always wanted Albion to release a blue kit like the 1983 days. Have been reluctant to buy a Col U shirt due to how similar it is to Brighton’s, but if it’s all blue I may have to reconsider!
Robbie's Pre-season statement on 07:10 - Jul 9 with 1333 viewsnoah4x4

If they served a beer other than Green King IPA I might spend some money. But I won't waste cash or card on that.

I have not bought a new club shirt ever since the £40 shop credits were dropped for ST holders. I just dont see the point when changes are cosmetic. I suspect I am not alone in this, and the radical no-stripe redesign is aimed at rekindling sales.

What is more important is evidently Dickenson, Szmodics and Kent (etc) leaving has freed up enough budget under Financial Fair Play to recruit some new blood. I have always respected McGreal for doing a decent job with a pool of players he largely inherited, some of which were mediocre. Now he can prove his true ability (or not).
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 7:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 08:14 - Jul 9 with 1321 viewsbwildered

Perhaps the new sponsor logo looks lost on the wide blue / white strips backdrop , would prefer more thinner stripes, but description sounds like a retro Ray (Crawford ) shirt . The next season , Granddad's army where released ,there was no cup runs although we played in a all white Real strip and had to apply for re-election after finishing in the bottom four.
Reverted to stripes under the Bold Eagle /Svarc season thereafter until later playing in chevron blue stripes only .
Notice Barca changed to red/blue checks and Juve departed from black/white strips for a blue / white half .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 12:17 - Jul 9 with 1304 viewsdurham_exile

Robbie's Pre-season statement on 08:14 - Jul 9 by bwildered

Perhaps the new sponsor logo looks lost on the wide blue / white strips backdrop , would prefer more thinner stripes, but description sounds like a retro Ray (Crawford ) shirt . The next season , Granddad's army where released ,there was no cup runs although we played in a all white Real strip and had to apply for re-election after finishing in the bottom four.
Reverted to stripes under the Bold Eagle /Svarc season thereafter until later playing in chevron blue stripes only .
Notice Barca changed to red/blue checks and Juve departed from black/white strips for a blue / white half .

BW I have been looking at the site historicalkits.co.uk which shows all the Colchester home kits since 1937.

I have a number of shirts collected over the years. Haven't really thought too much about the possible blue kit for 2019/20

Will be keen to see the unveiling this weekend albeit won't be there in person

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024