Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... 11:06 - Feb 29 with 1899 viewstheloneranger

Swansea v Newcastle

"Most of the Match of the Day episode broadcast on 14th December 1980, featuring highlights of games played the previous day (MOTD was shown on a Sunday this season) - Swansea v Newcastle in the Second Division"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 12:13 - Feb 29 with 1826 viewsswan65split

40 years ago!!!

Those were the days, you could understand what the presenters nd commentators were saying !

Fair doos lil old Swansea have had some fine players in their time. must be the cockles.
Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 13:54 - Feb 29 with 1715 viewsdlr2006

Which supporters are singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'?
Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 14:15 - Feb 29 with 1684 viewsGowerjack

Brilliant

Thanks for posting that

We were good back then fair play

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 16:08 - Feb 29 with 1607 viewsJack59

Fab post. Thanks. It looked so easy, but all those players were able to cross the ball with a level of accuracy, and there was a characteristic called a ''football brain'' which many players possessed in those days, it's all discouraged now with current coaches.

Great after match interview with Tosh and Gareth Edwards - I didn't recall that.
Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 21:27 - Feb 29 with 1475 viewstheloneranger

Robbie James at his Imperial best.

Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 21:51 - Feb 29 with 1448 viewsFireboy2

Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 21:27 - Feb 29 by theloneranger

Robbie James at his Imperial best.

This ^

What a player he was.

We could do with him now.
Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 22:01 - Feb 29 with 1440 viewsflashj

F*ck me, I feel old, I was there! If only for an atmosphere like that down The Lib! King Robbie, my hero
Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 22:25 - Feb 29 with 1423 viewstheloneranger

Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 16:08 - Feb 29 by Jack59

Fab post. Thanks. It looked so easy, but all those players were able to cross the ball with a level of accuracy, and there was a characteristic called a ''football brain'' which many players possessed in those days, it's all discouraged now with current coaches.

Great after match interview with Tosh and Gareth Edwards - I didn't recall that.

Gareth Edwards played for the reserves away at Bournemouth. I think he played on the wing.

Login to get fewer ads

Match of the Day's first ever visit to the Vetch on 13th December 1980 ... on 13:07 - Mar 1 with 1295 viewsCatullus

Ah memories. The James boys using both feet, players not falling over and rolling around at the slightest touch. Charlo was a donkey but quite a handfull.

Would Charlo, Attlee, Robinson and Craig get in todays team? I reckon they would imrove it. If only because we wouldn't get pushed around!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024