Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All non-league football to immediately end below National League 20:43 - Mar 26 with 2048 viewsnoah4x4

See https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351

No promotion, no relegation.

Surely, a fair outcome would have been average points per game played?

This decision questions how Division Two might now be resolved if no football before August? Average points per game, top four promoted would be reasonable outcome. But would deny the U's a play off opportunity. But what do we deserve?

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 21:09 - Mar 26 with 2035 viewsdurham_exile

Fortunately in line with the National League the EFL will ensure that the 71 clubs will see their matches fulfilled and promotion and relegation will be determined, in our case after 46 games.

Clearly timeframe is still not known but we can at least look forward to our chance at promotion.

Stay safe

Up the U's

Durham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 21:25 - Mar 26 with 2028 viewsbwildered

The big problem is that players contracts finish on 30th June , so unless EFL tell clubs players cannot be released until end of season, could be a large migration of players before a season end .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 21:38 - Mar 26 with 2025 viewsdurham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 21:25 - Mar 26 by bwildered

The big problem is that players contracts finish on 30th June , so unless EFL tell clubs players cannot be released until end of season, could be a large migration of players before a season end .

Bwildered FIFA have produced a paper to be ratified shortly which will allow players contracts to be extended until the end of the season whenever that will be.

The key here is that football authorities want to rightly see the league's matches completed and the mechanism is in place to allow that to happen once it is safe to do so.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 22:19 - Mar 26 with 2014 viewsnoah4x4

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 21:09 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Fortunately in line with the National League the EFL will ensure that the 71 clubs will see their matches fulfilled and promotion and relegation will be determined, in our case after 46 games.

Clearly timeframe is still not known but we can at least look forward to our chance at promotion.

Stay safe

Up the U's

The elderly and vulnerable are being advised to self-isolate until around 18th June. I don't see how English football can recommence before then except behind closed doors.

However, the Chinese Football League was due to commence in February, but was suspended before a ball was kicked. Clubs have returned to training this week, which is encouraging, and a proposal was that league action might start next month. If the UK mirrors this, that might suggest May is a possibility.

But in China, ex-Man Utd Belgian, Marouane Fellaini who plays for Shandong Luneng tested positive this weekend. This probably throws his Team mates back into isolation. Frankly, I am not optimistic.
All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 23:19 - Mar 26 with 2011 viewsdurham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 22:19 - Mar 26 by noah4x4

The elderly and vulnerable are being advised to self-isolate until around 18th June. I don't see how English football can recommence before then except behind closed doors.

However, the Chinese Football League was due to commence in February, but was suspended before a ball was kicked. Clubs have returned to training this week, which is encouraging, and a proposal was that league action might start next month. If the UK mirrors this, that might suggest May is a possibility.

But in China, ex-Man Utd Belgian, Marouane Fellaini who plays for Shandong Luneng tested positive this weekend. This probably throws his Team mates back into isolation. Frankly, I am not optimistic.

Noah looking daily at the number of cases and sadly the number of deaths from COVID-19 I simply do not believe the figures emanating from China.

They seem to be drastically reduced and the evidence suggests the numbers should be greater.

Especially as you mention the case of Fellaini. Of course if the Chinese are telling the truth and the reduction in cases and fatalities is correct then optimism could suggest that the UK could beat this disease by July.

Sadly too much supposition and speculation for my liking. All we can do is follow the lockdown instructions.

Stay at home and stay safe.

Take care.

Up the U's
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 23:20]

Durham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 06:46 - Mar 27 with 1998 viewsnoah4x4

China is subject to World Health Organisation reporting. A recent TV report from South Korea showed how some Asian nations reacted faster and firmer. What I don't get is how they had access to so many testing kits and we don't. Unless they bought all the worlds supplies whilst we were sleeping.

In Britain we still have idiots holding BBQs, occupying beach huts and holiday caravans. China is now stopping all returning travellers too. Those Brits that failed to take the advice to come home immediately before the airline lockdown are putting us all at risk. Airlines generally gave four days notice of cessation of services. My daughter works for Tui and its cabin crews are now risking their health running unscheduled mercy flights bringing back stranded passengers of other airlines that failed to listen. Italy has implemented martial law. China did so from a very early stage.
All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 08:02 - Mar 27 with 1990 viewswessex_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 06:46 - Mar 27 by noah4x4

China is subject to World Health Organisation reporting. A recent TV report from South Korea showed how some Asian nations reacted faster and firmer. What I don't get is how they had access to so many testing kits and we don't. Unless they bought all the worlds supplies whilst we were sleeping.

In Britain we still have idiots holding BBQs, occupying beach huts and holiday caravans. China is now stopping all returning travellers too. Those Brits that failed to take the advice to come home immediately before the airline lockdown are putting us all at risk. Airlines generally gave four days notice of cessation of services. My daughter works for Tui and its cabin crews are now risking their health running unscheduled mercy flights bringing back stranded passengers of other airlines that failed to listen. Italy has implemented martial law. China did so from a very early stage.

China built a 1000-bed hospital in 10 days, so I doubt getting hold of as many testing kits as they wanted was much of a challenge.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 10:00 - Mar 27 with 1979 viewsLeadbelly

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 08:02 - Mar 27 by wessex_exile

China built a 1000-bed hospital in 10 days, so I doubt getting hold of as many testing kits as they wanted was much of a challenge.

Apparently Spain bought millions of Euros worth of testing kits from China which have proved to be about 30% reliable.

South Korea seems to be the only country that has really got to grips with the whole problem.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 16:42 - Mar 29 with 1909 viewsburnsieespana

Day 16 of our lockdown with another 14 guaranteed and the expectation of 15 more on top making total of 45.
5562 new cases so a decline for the third day running but sadly 546 new deaths taking Spain up to 6528.
We can only go to the chemist, tobacconist and supermarket and then only me in the car so Mrs. B has not been out since the lockdown started.
All the streets in our village (2753 people) have been disinfected three times.
Dog walkers can go 500 m or 5 minutes from home max.
Over 30,000 been reported in Spain for breaking the State of Alarm with over 300 detained.
Hope is the peak has now been reached but we will see over the next days.
Bit scary going out and the supermarket are a bit like the 80's scifi films where you had a few survivors coming out in masks, etc.
Supermarkets still well stocked but less vegetables, cakes, biscuits and beer than normal but no panic buying so no toilet roll shortages!
Thankfully my favourite Pata Negra red wine still in plentiful supply at 2.75 euros a bottle with a good Cava at 1.95 euros a bottle.
Silver lining is not spending much as all else is shut and tomorrow the building industry stops and and other non essential works.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 16:44]
All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 17:31 - Mar 29 with 1898 viewsdurham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 16:42 - Mar 29 by burnsieespana

Day 16 of our lockdown with another 14 guaranteed and the expectation of 15 more on top making total of 45.
5562 new cases so a decline for the third day running but sadly 546 new deaths taking Spain up to 6528.
We can only go to the chemist, tobacconist and supermarket and then only me in the car so Mrs. B has not been out since the lockdown started.
All the streets in our village (2753 people) have been disinfected three times.
Dog walkers can go 500 m or 5 minutes from home max.
Over 30,000 been reported in Spain for breaking the State of Alarm with over 300 detained.
Hope is the peak has now been reached but we will see over the next days.
Bit scary going out and the supermarket are a bit like the 80's scifi films where you had a few survivors coming out in masks, etc.
Supermarkets still well stocked but less vegetables, cakes, biscuits and beer than normal but no panic buying so no toilet roll shortages!
Thankfully my favourite Pata Negra red wine still in plentiful supply at 2.75 euros a bottle with a good Cava at 1.95 euros a bottle.
Silver lining is not spending much as all else is shut and tomorrow the building industry stops and and other non essential works.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 16:44]

A sombre and depressing picture in Spain burnsie.

Good to hear that panic buying hasn't been prevalent so far.

In Durham the big problem is a lack of toilet rolls. Supermarkets do not have any stocks at present.

Frozen food, fruit and veg and meat is ok. Bread, cakes, biscuits ok.

I have to go to hospital tomorrow for my bi monthly check up and so am slightly apprehensive about it. My GP surgery last Friday was very good and professional. There is clearly a high fear factor present amongst some health care professionals.

Anyway stay safe.

Take care.

Durham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 18:03 - Mar 29 with 1894 viewsnoah4x4

Hospital visits have largely been cancelled. This must be hard on patients and family alike.

My wife hosts the local hospital radio Monday morning request show 0800-1000 am and also the Monday evening 1900-2100 request show. The volunteer radio team can no longer go out to the wards collecting requests from patients. So if you know of anybody in hospital needing cheering up, do email or call Colchester Hospital Radio with a music request. Contact information is on the Colchester Hospital Radio website.

The service also depends on volunteers and donations to buy equipment and music licences etc. Fund raising activity has inevitably dried up. The website explains how you can support this service, which hopefully none of us will need during this crisis.
All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 19:30 - Mar 29 with 1886 viewsgerry_us

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 17:31 - Mar 29 by durham_exile

A sombre and depressing picture in Spain burnsie.

Good to hear that panic buying hasn't been prevalent so far.

In Durham the big problem is a lack of toilet rolls. Supermarkets do not have any stocks at present.

Frozen food, fruit and veg and meat is ok. Bread, cakes, biscuits ok.

I have to go to hospital tomorrow for my bi monthly check up and so am slightly apprehensive about it. My GP surgery last Friday was very good and professional. There is clearly a high fear factor present amongst some health care professionals.

Anyway stay safe.

Take care.

Hope everything goes well Peter.
Missing your match previews and reports. Hey Ho, sometime soon hopefully.
All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 19:55 - Mar 29 with 1878 viewsdurham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 19:30 - Mar 29 by gerry_us

Gerry many thanks

I know that it is trite when the situation is very serious but I am really missing my fix of Colchester footie

Stay safe take care

UTU's

Durham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 09:25 - Mar 30 with 1850 viewsMoor_Pinot

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 19:30 - Mar 29 by gerry_us

Best for today Durham, then stay in and keep well. We'll need your optimism when we kick a ball again.
I envy the fact that in England you can go for a walk and stretch your legs. Like Burnsie in Spain I'm only allowed 1000m from the house and have to take a signed, dated, timed and box ticked with me which is one of the five rules Macron introduced when the lockdown began three weeks ago. I hope his early clarity and simple approach will work. Like Burnsie no problems in supermarket absolutely no panic buying. Why do some British people do it, I don't know. Macron said at day one the shelves would be full so there was no need to operate any differently and that has been the case. Chemists are open and as with Burnsie so are the tobacconists! No need for me but at least they sell a newspaper or magazine for me!
Sadly no football to read about though and if I find the occasional English paper there's certainly no sign of any cricket!
But the main thing is that the world can see off 'this invisible foe' as Michael Morpurgo called it in his wonderful eight mins on R4 last Sunday morning.

Hang in there and there will be rejoicing when next you write a preview Durham.

Moor Pinot

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 19:18 - Apr 1 with 1769 viewsdurham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 09:25 - Mar 30 by Moor_Pinot

Best for today Durham, then stay in and keep well. We'll need your optimism when we kick a ball again.
I envy the fact that in England you can go for a walk and stretch your legs. Like Burnsie in Spain I'm only allowed 1000m from the house and have to take a signed, dated, timed and box ticked with me which is one of the five rules Macron introduced when the lockdown began three weeks ago. I hope his early clarity and simple approach will work. Like Burnsie no problems in supermarket absolutely no panic buying. Why do some British people do it, I don't know. Macron said at day one the shelves would be full so there was no need to operate any differently and that has been the case. Chemists are open and as with Burnsie so are the tobacconists! No need for me but at least they sell a newspaper or magazine for me!
Sadly no football to read about though and if I find the occasional English paper there's certainly no sign of any cricket!
But the main thing is that the world can see off 'this invisible foe' as Michael Morpurgo called it in his wonderful eight mins on R4 last Sunday morning.

Hang in there and there will be rejoicing when next you write a preview Durham.

Pinault thank you for the good wishes.

Hospital went ok. James Cook University Hospital Middlesbrough is absolutely first class. Very professional and inspiring. When I arrived at the Endeavour Suite everyone was having their temperature taken which although not fool proof at least is a guide to one of the symptoms of this dreaded COVID-19.

My younger son went with me and he sat in the car whilst I did what needed to be done. Afterwards we stopped at a couple of supermarkets in Teesside Park and Darlington. Did not go in the queues were 25+ outside.

Instead bought some diesel at £1.08 per litre the cheapest it has been in ages. Of course, the 45 miles to the Hospital was the longest journey I have made in weeks normally just a short journey to Barnard Castle for essential shopping or the GP.

Difficult news today with over 500 deaths recorded. Very sad.

On a lighter not managed to get some toilet rolls at long last in Morrisons yesterday. Stores are beginning to recover from the panic buying and stockpiling that went on a fortnight ago.

Definitely missing the footie, which although paling into insignificance against the virus and its effects, is something that I do enjoy.

Anyway, stay safe.
Take care all

Durham_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 21:37 - Apr 1 with 1758 viewswessex_exile

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 19:18 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Pinault thank you for the good wishes.

Hospital went ok. James Cook University Hospital Middlesbrough is absolutely first class. Very professional and inspiring. When I arrived at the Endeavour Suite everyone was having their temperature taken which although not fool proof at least is a guide to one of the symptoms of this dreaded COVID-19.

My younger son went with me and he sat in the car whilst I did what needed to be done. Afterwards we stopped at a couple of supermarkets in Teesside Park and Darlington. Did not go in the queues were 25+ outside.

Instead bought some diesel at £1.08 per litre the cheapest it has been in ages. Of course, the 45 miles to the Hospital was the longest journey I have made in weeks normally just a short journey to Barnard Castle for essential shopping or the GP.

Difficult news today with over 500 deaths recorded. Very sad.

On a lighter not managed to get some toilet rolls at long last in Morrisons yesterday. Stores are beginning to recover from the panic buying and stockpiling that went on a fortnight ago.

Definitely missing the footie, which although paling into insignificance against the virus and its effects, is something that I do enjoy.

Anyway, stay safe.
Take care all

Glad to hear it Durham, and particularly that you've managed to procure some loo roll. I agree, after the extremely unhelpful panic-buying over the last few weeks, everything does appear to be gradually calming down and stores are slowly restocking.

Best wishes to you and yours!

Up the U's

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 17:25 - Apr 3 with 1721 viewsburnsieespana

Guys so uplifting to hear your various stories and like others I really can't see any football taking place in the immediate future even behind closed doors because the players certainly can't do the correct social distancing!
All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 20:50 - Apr 3 with 1710 viewsnoah4x4

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 17:25 - Apr 3 by burnsieespana

Guys so uplifting to hear your various stories and like others I really can't see any football taking place in the immediate future even behind closed doors because the players certainly can't do the correct social distancing!

When Vernam concluded his hat trick for Grimsby the U's defence competently demonstrated they could manage social distancing. Nobody got within two metres of him or ball.
All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 20:58 - Apr 3 with 1703 viewsnoah4x4

All non-league football to immediately end below National League on 08:02 - Mar 27 by wessex_exile

We have assembled a 4,000 bed hospital in nine days.

OK, we didn't have to build the exterior, but praise where praise is due.

My missus is whooping for joy too ever since Burberry switched its production line to masks. Now she can visit Waitrose and remain fashionably coordinated....

More seriously, well done Burberry and all the other manufacturers that are rekindling the Blitz spirit. Shame on those still trying to make political capital by criticising every other step. This is an unparalleled mobilisation of resources by the greatest most resourceful nation on this planet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024