Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans back in stadiums 12:11 - Jul 15 with 852 viewsBarron

So looks like theres no away days next season... and huge competition over seats - being a suggested lucky dip to fill 20-30% of the stadium. Do we know if the club will prioritise season ticket holders or they getting shafted?...

source - fanbanter.co.uk/the-number-of-fans-who-could-be-let-into-efl-stadiums-next-season/
Fans back in stadiums on 13:28 - Jul 15 with 828 viewsnoah4x4

With an average gate in Division Two of under 4,000 it won't be a problem unless we have a cup run. Season ticket holders must get priority in any circumstances.

However, our gates might rise if Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham (etc) have to exclude some fans and they turn to us for their footy fix. Might do us a favour!
Fans back in stadiums on 15:25 - Jul 15 with 803 viewsLeadbelly

Season ticket holders should be prioritised but who would buy one before knowing that attending games is permitted? And that a second lockdown won't put us back to no football being played?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Fans back in stadiums on 15:44 - Jul 15 with 795 viewswessex_exile

Fans back in stadiums on 15:25 - Jul 15 by Leadbelly

Season ticket holders should be prioritised but who would buy one before knowing that attending games is permitted? And that a second lockdown won't put us back to no football being played?

Indeed - certainly at our level.

I don't know the exact numbers involved, but I'm pretty certain we only have about 1,500 ST holders (anyone know for sure?), so still 1k+ of other spaces if the stadium is only at 25% capacity. Without away fans, and with (sensible) people still concerned about social distancing and the risk of infection, I'm not sure we'd expect many more than 2.5k wanting to be there for most games?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Fans back in stadiums on 15:47 - Jul 15 with 794 viewsburnsieespana

How many season ticket holders do we have?
Fans back in stadiums on 16:48 - Jul 15 with 785 viewsmfb_cufc

Fans back in stadiums on 15:47 - Jul 15 by burnsieespana

How many season ticket holders do we have?

When Robbie Cowling was talking about the Club United he said if 1,600 put £60 into this there would be £96,000 in the pot. So I would imagine that figure was quoted because that is how many season ticket holders we had last season. As others have said, with the present uncertainty this season is unlikely to be anywhere near that figure.

mfb

Fans back in stadiums on 19:45 - Jul 15 with 766 viewsburnsieespana

If that is the number if 20/30% capacity allowed the loyalist supporters can be accommodated as that represents less than 20% of the allowed capacity which, if I am not mistaken is slightly less than 10,000. If allowed would be some cash into the club.
Fans back in stadiums on 23:41 - Jul 15 with 746 viewswessex_exile

Fans back in stadiums on 19:45 - Jul 15 by burnsieespana

If that is the number if 20/30% capacity allowed the loyalist supporters can be accommodated as that represents less than 20% of the allowed capacity which, if I am not mistaken is slightly less than 10,000. If allowed would be some cash into the club.

I suppose it's possible that Robbie was including match credit holders in his speculative assessment of potential value to Club United?

Up the U's

Fans back in stadiums on 11:44 - Jul 17 with 693 viewsmfb_cufc

Fans could return to stadiums in October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53441670

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Fans back in stadiums on 12:00 - Jul 17 with 689 viewsWitham

I will buy a season ticket next year even if I don't attend until there is an injection against the virus.
Fans back in stadiums on 12:05 - Jul 17 with 687 viewsnoah4x4

The figure of 1,715 season ticket holders rings a bell with me (I don't know why).

Our average home gate in 2019/20 was 3,606.
Our quoted capacity is 10,005, but usually reduced to 9,750 for segregation.
The suggested 25% of capacity is therefore around 2,500.
Hence, an average of 1,100 fans probably won't get tickets. But....

Begs the question, how many tickets for away fans (if any?)? Could a temporary stand be erected in a corner (like we did for county cricket at Castle Park?

Season Ticket holders and Match Credit holders must get priority, else why buy a ST? Fair enough, perhaps hold a lottery for the rest. But I predict we will have 2,500 ST holders should this regime occur. The extra take up required is modest.

Due to First Class cricket commitments, I will definitely miss two games. Others will no doubt miss games for other reasons. Hence, it might be an idea to create a ticket exchange whereby ST holders that can't attend a particular game can release it back to the pot. Or on such days, maybe ST holding fans could freely assist those that cannot regularly get to the ground (for example Wessex-Exile or Durham), given that season tickets are not usually transferable (but we know it goes on). It would be tragic if we had 2,500 ST holders and 100 failed to turn up in any one week, so some common sense flexibility is desirable.
Fans back in stadiums on 12:26 - Jul 17 with 684 viewsburnsieespana

Thank you noah for answering my question and some good points made.
Surely something along these lines could happen so that clubs in general have both income and support.
I would suggest no away travel until a vaccine is available to reduce the risk of spreading the pestilence.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 12:26]
Fans back in stadiums on 13:11 - Jul 17 with 676 viewswessex_exile

Fans back in stadiums on 12:26 - Jul 17 by burnsieespana

Thank you noah for answering my question and some good points made.
Surely something along these lines could happen so that clubs in general have both income and support.
I would suggest no away travel until a vaccine is available to reduce the risk of spreading the pestilence.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 12:26]

I am almost certain that (to begin with at least) there will be no away fans anywhere once they start letting supporters in. From a personal perspective that will be tough for me, given at least 80% of my football trips per season are to away matches, but there's a bigger picture to take into consideration, and I certainly can't fault the reasoning.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024