Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. 16:16 - Oct 20 with 1998 viewsdurham_exile

Short and sweet for tonight.
Very busy day and that's enough said.

Team tonight

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Pell Stevenson Chilvers

Brown Norris Bohui

Subs
George Scarlett Gambin Senior Harriott Sowunmi Marshall Miranda

I said on Saturday that I wanted SB to be bold and play Bohui from the get go.

Josh Bohui must play from the start with Norris and Brown.

If Stevenson is fit then he lines up with Pell and Chilvers.

SB played Brown too deep on Saturday and in the final 10 minutes he played in the attacking role that he was playing earlier in the season. Result we almost secured an equaliser.

Tonight I want to see a positive attacking formation and we will prevail. Giving a side a two goal start as we did at the weekend was shocking.

Prediction 3-0 Colchester with Bohui netting alongside Brown and Norris.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:43 - Oct 20 with 529 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:41 - Oct 20 by durham_exile

FGR know how dangerous Bohui is they put two on him every time.

Come on the U's

Sowunmi on for Gambin

We do not need to become ultra defensive

Come on this will be a big three points

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:48 - Oct 20 with 526 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:43 - Oct 20 by durham_exile

Sowunmi on for Gambin

We do not need to become ultra defensive

Come on this will be a big three points

Up the U's

Can we see this out.

I do hope so.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:55 - Oct 20 with 524 viewsnoah4x4

How did we win that?

Absolutely toothless up front. Can't retain ball. But let's smile. It's 3 points!
Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:57 - Oct 20 with 520 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:55 - Oct 20 by noah4x4

How did we win that?

Absolutely toothless up front. Can't retain ball. But let's smile. It's 3 points!

Crikey that was stressful, but I'll take win ugly any day of the week. Resolute, gnarly, and for the most part neutralised a very free-flowing FGR.

Very happy!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:58 - Oct 20 with 515 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:55 - Oct 20 by noah4x4

How did we win that?

It was like the Alamo.

Sorry SB is to blame for the tactics.

There is no excuse for only playing one up front at home.

Only giving some single digit minutes to Bohui and taking Brown off when we needed all three up front.

A better team than FGR would have won this.

Oh well three more points on Saturday and we're smiling

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:02 - Oct 20 with 509 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:58 - Oct 20 by durham_exile

It was like the Alamo.

Only giving some single digit minutes to Bohui and taking Brown off when we needed all three up front.

Is Bohui the new Bonne?
Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:08 - Oct 20 with 499 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:02 - Oct 20 by gerry_us

Is Bohui the new Bonne?

MTC was the latest Bonne or Junior, he only played 20 minutes before returning to Fulham!

Josh Bohui is highly rated by FGR, they had two men on him every time he got the ball.

Why do we sign these players and we have a two year contract in place for Josh.and then fail to play them.

I do not understand it.

Still SB is the manager and winning ugly will only encourage him to continue the poor tactics.

I really hope that he starts Bohui on saturday. He is a class player with great skill and the ability to score some spectacular goals.

Anyway we won so who cares about attacking football!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:08 - Oct 20 with 499 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 20:58 - Oct 20 by durham_exile

It was like the Alamo.

I'm honestly not so sure on that one - I actually believe Ball had picked his tactics spot-on there. Not easy to watch, I grant you, but looking at his starting line-up and the way we set up, it looked like he was focusing on playing on the break whilst trying to absorb pressure he knew would come from the FGR fast passing game. I'm giving him credit for that one.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:09 - Oct 20 with 499 viewsbwildered

Got away with one there. Game decided on two two minutes at start and end of game in which we scored and they did not . Will not trouble the play offs with this display, distinct lack of quality, could not give away possession quick enough.
Sometimes you play well and lose, other times visa versa .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:13 - Oct 20 with 494 viewspwrightsknees

How on earth did we get away with that?
Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:54 - Oct 20 with 482 viewsthrillseeker

I only saw the second half and have to ask how we got away with 3 points?

The team looks very weak and disjointed.

We really miss Ben Stevenson in midfield.

I feel sorry for Jevani Brown as he is so isolated and we do not play to his strengths.

Very concerned with Pell's current form

But at the end of the day it is 3 points
Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 00:30 - Oct 21 with 457 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 21:08 - Oct 20 by wessex_exile

I'm honestly not so sure on that one - I actually believe Ball had picked his tactics spot-on there. Not easy to watch, I grant you, but looking at his starting line-up and the way we set up, it looked like he was focusing on playing on the break whilst trying to absorb pressure he knew would come from the FGR fast passing game. I'm giving him credit for that one.

I’m just going to put this out there:
Took the lead against Barrow - drew
Took the lead (twice) against Oldham - drew
Took the lead against Walsall - drew
Pulled back 0-2 to a draw at Carlisle - lost

That’s 7 points we should have had if we were a bit more focused on tightening things up at the back, and not fretting so much about who is or isn’t up front. Like I said, tonight wasn’t easy watching, but if Ball is rightly worrying about the defence at the moment, it works for me.

Up the U's

Super U's to prevail against FGR tonight. on 07:22 - Oct 21 with 441 viewsburnsieespana

Think what it is like watching Sarfend, only 6 wins in 60 games!
Let's give SB support in his first season as Manager under exceedingly difficult conditions and think he might be a guy who is prepared to change his tactics to suit the opposition something we often complained of previously
Well done Col U as you could easily have been beaten last night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024