Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup First Round draw 21:39 - Oct 24 with 2431 viewsmfb_cufc

The draw is live on Monday on BT Sport scheduled to take place at around 7.10pm.

Ahead of the draw, you can see which ball number all of the involved clubs will be in the list below.

1 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
2 AFC WIMBLEDON
3 BARROW
4 BLACKPOOL
5 BOLTON WANDERERS
6 BRADFORD CITY
7 BRISTOL ROVERS
8 BURTON ALBION
9 CAMBRIDGE UNITED
10 CARLISLE UNITED
11 CHARLTON ATHLETIC
12 CHELTENHAM TOWN
13 COLCHESTER UNITED
14 CRAWLEY TOWN
15 CREWE ALEXANDRA
16 DONCASTER ROVERS
17 EXETER CITY
18 FLEETWOOD TOWN
19 FOREST GREEN ROVERS
20 GILLINGHAM
21 GRIMSBY TOWN
22 HARROGATE TOWN
23 HULL CITY
24 IPSWICH TOWN
25 LEYTON ORIENT
26 LINCOLN CITY
27 MANSFIELD TOWN
28 MILTON KEYNES DONS
29 MORECAMBE
30 NEWPORT COUNTY
31 NORTHAMPTON TOWN
32 OLDHAM ATHLETIC
33 OXFORD UNITED
34 PETERBOROUGH UNITED
35 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
36 PORT VALE
37 PORTSMOUTH
38 ROCHDALE
39 SALFORD CITY
40 SCUNTHORPE UNITED
41 SHREWSBURY TOWN
42 SOUTHEND UNITED
43 STEVENAGE
44 SUNDERLAND
45 SWINDON TOWN
46 TRANMERE ROVERS
47 WALSALL
48 WIGAN ATHLETIC
49 DARLINGTON
50 SKELMERSDALE UNITED
51 SOLIHULL MOORS
52 BANBURY UNITED
53 SOUTH SHIELDS
54 HARTLEPOOL UNITED
55 FC UNITED OF MANCHESTER
56 BRACKLEY TOWN
57 KING'S LYNN TOWN
58 CHESTERFIELD
59 AFC FYLDE OR ALTRINCHAM
60 MARINE
61 CRAY VALLEY (PM)
62 CANVEY ISLAND
63 HAYES & YEADING UNITED
64 BROMLEY
65 TONBRIDGE ANGELS
66 HAMPTON & RICHMOND BOROUGH
67 WOKING
68 MALOON & TIPTREE
69 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE
70 BARNET
71 OXFORD CITY
72 DULWICH HAMLET
73 EASTLEIGH
74 TORQUAY UNITED
75 HAVANT & WATERLOOVILLE
76 BOREHAM WOOD
77 YEOVIL TOWN
78 BISHOP'S STORTFORD OR ST ALBANS CITY
79 CONCORD RANGERS
80 CHORLEY
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 23:10]

mfb

FA Cup First Round draw on 21:14 - Oct 25 with 1734 viewsthrillseeker

I have lost all enthusiasm for the FA Cup at the moment due to Covid preventing attendance at matches.

Drawing Ipswich and not being able to attend would kill me
FA Cup First Round draw on 23:32 - Oct 25 with 1720 viewsdurham_exile

We are due a decent run in the cup.

Let's hope for a decent draw.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 23:52 - Oct 25 with 1718 viewswessex_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 21:14 - Oct 25 by thrillseeker

I have lost all enthusiasm for the FA Cup at the moment due to Covid preventing attendance at matches.

Drawing Ipswich and not being able to attend would kill me

If we draw a low enough club away, would we be able to go? Apparently Covid doesn’t affect lower tier clubs...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

FA Cup First Round draw on 06:47 - Oct 26 with 1709 viewsnoah4x4

FA Cup First Round draw on 23:52 - Oct 25 by wessex_exile

If we draw a low enough club away, would we be able to go? Apparently Covid doesn’t affect lower tier clubs...

I can't see how a lower league or non-league club can benefit much from the FA Cup without fans notably if drawn away and if having to sell 500 Ifollow stream passes before deriving any revenue. Regular TV broadcast and sponsor incentives alone won't produce much revenue. It needs the full house that a home draw might have produced. I suspect there will be a far greater likelihood of teams turning out their second screen and not caring about progression if the financial incentive of a cup run has diminished.
FA Cup First Round draw on 08:27 - Oct 26 with 1695 viewsDaniel

It'll be interesting to see how fans will be able watch these games if we can't attend. Ifollow is a Football League product and the FA Cup is an FA competition, so as it stands, they wont be on ifollow unless the Football League and FA come to some sort of deal. Also, as part of the Channel 5 Football League deal a few years back, all Football League clubs had their internet connections upgraded so that they we powerful enough to stream game content - non-league grounds are unlikely to have the same capabilities.
FA Cup First Round draw on 08:27 - Oct 26 with 1694 viewsDaniel

The draw is also BBC2
FA Cup First Round draw on 17:03 - Oct 26 with 1647 viewsbwildered

At present any club below Vanarama National League (Conference) can play at home with a crowd .
Perhaps all games should be behind closed doors if some ties can have have a crowd while others cannot.
Progress to next round worth 22k .

Some possible interesting ties could be

Maldon Tiptree v Colchester

Concord or Canvey v Southend.

Kings Lynn v Ipswich.

FC Manchester v Salford .

Cray v Gillingham

And how about Blackpool v Bolton
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 17:09]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

FA Cup First Round draw on 18:35 - Oct 26 with 1652 viewswessex_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 08:27 - Oct 26 by Daniel

It'll be interesting to see how fans will be able watch these games if we can't attend. Ifollow is a Football League product and the FA Cup is an FA competition, so as it stands, they wont be on ifollow unless the Football League and FA come to some sort of deal. Also, as part of the Channel 5 Football League deal a few years back, all Football League clubs had their internet connections upgraded so that they we powerful enough to stream game content - non-league grounds are unlikely to have the same capabilities.

I would hope in the current situation that commonsense would prevail, and the FA agree that iFollow could stream all matches other than those that are scheduled to be televised?

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:22 - Oct 26 with 1640 viewswessex_exile

U's v Marine - happy with that to be honest.

Up the U's

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:25 - Oct 26 with 1637 viewsLeadbelly

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:22 - Oct 26 by wessex_exile

That’ll do.

Boreham Wood are through to the 2nd round...home to Sarfend.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:26 - Oct 26 with 1634 viewsLeadbelly

No fans allowed at any 1st round ties apparently.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:27 - Oct 26 with 1633 viewsburnsieespana

I bet Marine are not given no income from attendance!
FA Cup First Round draw on 19:38 - Oct 26 with 1625 viewsBFG

Let's hope for another Leamington and not a Gravesend :)
FA Cup First Round draw on 19:41 - Oct 26 with 1621 viewsdurham_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:22 - Oct 26 by wessex_exile

Many years ago when I lived In Enfield I went to see them play Marine in the FA Amateur Cup.

Based in the Crosby area of Liverpool, I had some of the best fish n chips ever from a chippy near the ground.

An excellent draw and no complacency to be had!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:48 - Oct 26 with 1605 viewsthrillseeker

Haven't CUFC played Marine once before on way to FA Trophy final
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 19:50]
FA Cup First Round draw on 19:55 - Oct 26 with 1599 viewswessex_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 19:48 - Oct 26 by thrillseeker

Haven't CUFC played Marine once before on way to FA Trophy final
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 19:50]

No, that was Witton Albion's semi-final on the way to meeting us in the final.

Up the U's

FA Cup First Round draw on 07:00 - Oct 27 with 1557 viewsFruitbat

I think I vaguely recall Marine beating Wivenhoe in either the FA Trophy or in the cup qualifying rounds but it was several years ago.
FA Cup First Round draw on 10:36 - Oct 27 with 1514 viewsbwildered

All pretty bizarre, while Grant Holt is socially distancing with the first round draw by picking the home and away clubs, on another channel the live qualifying tie had a attendance of six hundred, without distancing ( or masks ). No rules broken in both instances.

Wivenhoe did play at Marine in the FA Trophy in early nineties resulting in a 3-0 defeat.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

FA Cup First Round draw on 14:08 - Oct 28 with 1469 viewsMariner

FA Cup First Round draw on 07:00 - Oct 27 by Fruitbat

I think I vaguely recall Marine beating Wivenhoe in either the FA Trophy or in the cup qualifying rounds but it was several years ago.

I went to both the Enfield and Wivenhoe games. The Marine v Enfield game was back on March 4th 1972. Enfield won 3-0 in the Amateur Cup game at what was then Rossett Park. To this day, that was one of the best performances ever seen by an away team. Enfield were packed with Amateur Internationals. Wivenhoe game was in early 1992. Marine beat them 3-0 in the FA Trophy, again at home.

A big shame no fans will be allowed because it would have been a fantastic occasion and day out for our supporters. (Marine’s goals from last night’s 4-0 won against Pickering Town are on Twitter). Link via home page tweet symbol.

We’ve always been a bit of a mystery club, even on Merseyside, but have fans all over the country. Our average gate was 466 last season. The present team is the best we have had for many years. As long as we do ourselves justice then I’ll be happy but wouldn’t expect anything other than a home win. However, this is the FA Cup and strange things happen.
FA Cup First Round draw on 15:19 - Oct 28 with 1459 viewsgerry_us

FA Cup First Round draw on 14:08 - Oct 28 by Mariner

I went to both the Enfield and Wivenhoe games. The Marine v Enfield game was back on March 4th 1972. Enfield won 3-0 in the Amateur Cup game at what was then Rossett Park. To this day, that was one of the best performances ever seen by an away team. Enfield were packed with Amateur Internationals. Wivenhoe game was in early 1992. Marine beat them 3-0 in the FA Trophy, again at home.

A big shame no fans will be allowed because it would have been a fantastic occasion and day out for our supporters. (Marine’s goals from last night’s 4-0 won against Pickering Town are on Twitter). Link via home page tweet symbol.

We’ve always been a bit of a mystery club, even on Merseyside, but have fans all over the country. Our average gate was 466 last season. The present team is the best we have had for many years. As long as we do ourselves justice then I’ll be happy but wouldn’t expect anything other than a home win. However, this is the FA Cup and strange things happen.

especially against us Marine!!!
FA Cup First Round draw on 15:54 - Oct 28 with 1453 viewsMoor_Pinot

You do indeed have widely dispersed fans. In the late 90s when a divorce wrecked just about everything in my world I owned at the time a very very rare motor car purchased courtesy of an invention which had to go. When I advertised the car there was only one taker, a nice chap, a collector of rare hpc. He drove to Somerset from Bedford to view the car. He was wearing full Marine FC kit and was an avid fan who still attended all the games!
(he bought the car which is now worth seven times what I sold it for)

Marine FC, you are everywhere!! Best wishes matey.

Moor Pinot

FA Cup First Round draw on 18:11 - Oct 28 with 1441 viewsMariner

FA Cup First Round draw on 15:54 - Oct 28 by Moor_Pinot

You do indeed have widely dispersed fans. In the late 90s when a divorce wrecked just about everything in my world I owned at the time a very very rare motor car purchased courtesy of an invention which had to go. When I advertised the car there was only one taker, a nice chap, a collector of rare hpc. He drove to Somerset from Bedford to view the car. He was wearing full Marine FC kit and was an avid fan who still attended all the games!
(he bought the car which is now worth seven times what I sold it for)

Marine FC, you are everywhere!! Best wishes matey.

Ha! I’ll be thinking about that one for weeks to come. I personally know Marine fans in Basingstoke, Stafford, York, London, Cornwall, Scotland, the US, Australia, Merthyr Tydfil, Nottingham, Newark, Tiverton, Chester, Bergen etc but not Bedford. Perhaps he moved! 😉 I also knew a chap who lived in Crosby who was a passionate Colchester supporter. Sadly, he passed away a long time ago. Had he lived he would have been 98 now. His wife is 96 and lives in a village called Ashill in Devon. Her family sent me emails when the draw was made reminding me of him and that he was a Colchester fan. I think he was born there. At the match last night, a Marine fan was keen to tell me he was born in Colchester.
FA Cup First Round draw on 18:43 - Oct 28 with 1434 viewswessex_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 18:35 - Oct 26 by wessex_exile

I would hope in the current situation that commonsense would prevail, and the FA agree that iFollow could stream all matches other than those that are scheduled to be televised?

Unless decisions are reconsidered in the next week or so, it would appear to be official that the FA Cup matches will not be streamed on iFollow. Shame, but we will at least get the match commentary, which is better than nothing I suppose.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

Greetings btw Mariner, good to hear from you!

Up the U's

FA Cup First Round draw on 23:20 - Oct 28 with 1418 viewsdurham_exile

Good to hear from you Mariner.

I supported Enfield for several seasons and have been to most Non League Grounds in the London area, but we always looked forward to the FA Amateur Cup games.

That year I went to most of the games, after Marine it was Slough Town at home a convincing 5-1 win. Slough brought 40 coaches full of their supporters to Southbury Road amazing stuff. The Semi Final against Blyth Spartans was played at St James' Park and we won 2-0. Our train broke down just outside Durham and we missed the opening goal which Sid Hill scored after two minutes. Over 16,000 watched the game (most of course were from the NE of England). The final at Wembley saw Hendon win 2-0 and in truth Enfield played poorly.

We received a warm welcome from the Marine supporters that day. Good Luck to you except of course at Colchester on the 7th November!

I will check out the twitter feed of your match against Pickering.

Bedlington Terriers was probably one of the worst Colchester performances some years ago in a 4-1 humiliation but there have been some shockers over the years, Yeovil, Wycombe, Dover etc.

No complacency from the U's when we play Marine I hope.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

FA Cup First Round draw on 10:35 - Oct 29 with 1407 viewsMariner

FA Cup First Round draw on 23:20 - Oct 28 by durham_exile

Good to hear from you Mariner.

I supported Enfield for several seasons and have been to most Non League Grounds in the London area, but we always looked forward to the FA Amateur Cup games.

That year I went to most of the games, after Marine it was Slough Town at home a convincing 5-1 win. Slough brought 40 coaches full of their supporters to Southbury Road amazing stuff. The Semi Final against Blyth Spartans was played at St James' Park and we won 2-0. Our train broke down just outside Durham and we missed the opening goal which Sid Hill scored after two minutes. Over 16,000 watched the game (most of course were from the NE of England). The final at Wembley saw Hendon win 2-0 and in truth Enfield played poorly.

We received a warm welcome from the Marine supporters that day. Good Luck to you except of course at Colchester on the 7th November!

I will check out the twitter feed of your match against Pickering.

Bedlington Terriers was probably one of the worst Colchester performances some years ago in a 4-1 humiliation but there have been some shockers over the years, Yeovil, Wycombe, Dover etc.

No complacency from the U's when we play Marine I hope.

Up the U's

Thanks for those replies. Marine never played Slough although I did play against their supporters’ team (2-2) as well as Maidenheads (2-1) for the Marine supporters’ team about a hundred years ago. Might the BBC be streaming some of the games? I’m sure I read 16 somewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024