Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient 20:25 - Nov 13 with 1416 viewsdurham_exile

The U’s entertain Ross Embleton’s Leyton Orient side on Saturday in the final of four successive home games. It has certainly been a curate’s egg with victory over Stevenage 3-1, a disaster against Marine 1-1 and 5-3 defeat on penalties, then a much-changed side won 6-1 against Southend. Colchester are left with only the league to battle for and so this Orient match must produce three more home points.

Special mention must be made of Jevani Brown with his two hattricks against Stevenage and Southend. What price a third against Orient.

Before we move on a mention of the shocking performance and appalling result against Marine AFC. SB played a strong team who certainly should have prevailed against the non-league outfit, but we imploded in spectacular style to leave another failure in the premier Cup competition. Pell, Chilvers and Brown converted their penalties and Josh Bohui missed but there were other more senior players who should have taken that fourth penalty. Anyway, it changes nothing, and we lick our wounds fail to count the coffers and move on.

Southend are a poor side on a par with Stevenage and the margin of victory was very good, but I would have rather seen three goals go in against Marine and three against Southend.

That brings us to Orient.

SB is likely to change things around squad wise on Saturday.
I would like to see the following start:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Sowunmi Bramall

Pell Stevenson Chilvers

Folivi Brown Bohui

Subs
George Cowan-Hall Marshall Miranda Poku Senior Clampin Smith

I am unclear whether Ben Stevenson is fit to start and if not then Poku to start instead.
Harriott is likely to be missing and so is Chuck.

Play a 4,3,3 formation take the game to Orient and lets look for three more points.
Senior and Smith should be rested they have both gone off the boil and the bench is the best they should aim for at present.

Weather is set to be mild 13 degrees Celsius and light rain with occasional sunny intervals.

The table remains a close affair:

Newport 11 25
Cambridge 11 23
FGR 11 21
Exeter 11 20
Carlisle 11 20
Cheltenham 11 19
Port Vale 10 19
Crawley 11 17
Morecambe 11 17
Salford 10 16
COL U 10 16
Walsall 11 16
Orient 11 15

Enjoy the game.

U’s to prevail 3-1

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 21:31 - Nov 13 with 737 viewsnoah4x4

I wasn’t impressed with Bohui having had his opportunity in the last two games. Think I prefer Poku, but would put Bohui ahead of Senior. Otherwise agree with Durhams selection.
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 23:58 - Nov 13 with 719 viewsGOSBTS

Brilliant thread title and excellent preview Durham. This could be the first iFollow I buy this season as I think this could be a good'un as it's Orient and Football Focus is less interesting without Prem/Champ scores.

As disappointing as last week was, I don't blame SB. He can't be faulted for the squad he chose as it was almost as strong as he could have picked. Only lesson for me is not to overplay our hand in the future with Senior/Poku/Harriott all starting.

With Stevenson back I'm confident we'll be far more incisive. I really, really like Brown and am delighted that SB is getting the best out of him that we never saw under McGreal.

Up the U's!
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:06 - Nov 14 with 662 viewsdurham_exile

Confusion reigns
Josh Bohui starts and on bench

Gerken
Welch Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall
Pell Chilvers
Senior Poku Bohui
Brown

Subs
George Sowunmi Norris Cowan hall Clampin Bohui
Reckon they mean Folivi

Now amended by Colchester
Folivi starts and Bohui on the bench
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 14:18]

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:35 - Nov 14 with 641 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:06 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Confusion reigns
Josh Bohui starts and on bench

Gerken
Welch Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall
Pell Chilvers
Senior Poku Bohui
Brown

Subs
George Sowunmi Norris Cowan hall Clampin Bohui
Reckon they mean Folivi

Now amended by Colchester
Folivi starts and Bohui on the bench
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 14:18]

Preferred your selection full stop Durham. Smith has underwhelmed all season , Senior always does and Pell needs dropping for someone fit and less angry.
Why not stick with the Tuesday line up to prove a point.
Tuesday was of no interest to me but the positivity of the result was. I'd have left it there as a challenge to the others who five times in the last six games have been poor and underdelivered.
But Ball is McGreal so obviously Senior plays and creative thinking doesn't.
We shall see, like you, only a thrashing for today's opposition will do for me after the last six games (& we weren't that great v Stevenage).

Moor Pinot

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:48 - Nov 14 with 637 viewsnoah4x4

Currently watching France v England Women’s Rugby. I am impressed at the skill levels. Hope the U’s show as much passion and commitment. If we do, we will be in for a treat.
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:53 - Nov 14 with 633 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:35 - Nov 14 by Moor_Pinot

Preferred your selection full stop Durham. Smith has underwhelmed all season , Senior always does and Pell needs dropping for someone fit and less angry.
Why not stick with the Tuesday line up to prove a point.
Tuesday was of no interest to me but the positivity of the result was. I'd have left it there as a challenge to the others who five times in the last six games have been poor and underdelivered.
But Ball is McGreal so obviously Senior plays and creative thinking doesn't.
We shall see, like you, only a thrashing for today's opposition will do for me after the last six games (& we weren't that great v Stevenage).

Pinault clearly Stevenson's injury is more serious.

Chuck Norris on the bench totally agree with you about Senior and Smith.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:58 - Nov 14 with 631 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 14:53 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Pinault clearly Stevenson's injury is more serious.

Chuck Norris on the bench totally agree with you about Senior and Smith.

Up the U's

Just wondering could Join McAnuff do a job for the U's
For one season only
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 15:01]

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:03 - Nov 14 with 624 viewsdurham_exile

Malta 0 Andorra 1 at HT

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:12 - Nov 14 with 616 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:03 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Malta 0 Andorra 1 at HT

Goal machine Jevani Brown
10 for the season

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:12 - Nov 14 with 616 viewsnoah4x4

What a goal
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:13 - Nov 14 with 611 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:12 - Nov 14 by noah4x4

What a goal

Beautiful floated through ball, brilliant goal and very composed finish!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:14 - Nov 14 with 609 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:12 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Goal machine Jevani Brown
10 for the season

Boring Boring Brown
Another hat trick on the way?
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:23 - Nov 14 with 603 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:14 - Nov 14 by gerry_us

Boring Boring Brown
Another hat trick on the way?

Jeavani Brown according to Sky. Last week we were still coached by McGreal. Wonder if they make as many mistakes with other clubs?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:43 - Nov 14 with 589 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:23 - Nov 14 by Leadbelly

Jeavani Brown according to Sky. Last week we were still coached by McGreal. Wonder if they make as many mistakes with other clubs?

We are obviously not "impotent" to Sky
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:53 - Nov 14 with 581 viewsthrillseeker

No player has been spectacular but then again no one has been poor. A good 6.5/10 first half.

Not convinced by us sitting back and playing on the counterattack.

What is the news on Stevenson?

Bohui has not impressed me and obviously not impressed SB that much just yet hence reason he was not in starting XI. Hopefully in time he will come good.

Fingers crossed we can continue onwards to victory
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:54 - Nov 14 with 580 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:43 - Nov 14 by gerry_us

We are obviously not "impotent" to Sky

Grauniad reporting.

Malta 3 Andorra 1 with seconds to play.

Good half for the U's
Brown and Folivi combining well
Chilvers and Poku playing well
Welch Hayes becoming an accomplished right back

Jevani Brown exceptional

Two more goals second half

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:55 - Nov 14 with 579 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:23 - Nov 14 by Leadbelly

"still coached by McGreal" - sounds like the next conspiracy theory in the making

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:55 - Nov 14 with 579 viewsthrillseeker

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:03 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Malta 0 Andorra 1 at HT

FT - Malta 3 Andorra 1

Luke Gambin with the assist for Malta's second goal
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:00 - Nov 14 with 571 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 15:55 - Nov 14 by wessex_exile

"still coached by McGreal" - sounds like the next conspiracy theory in the making

Or just sloppy reporting?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:09 - Nov 14 with 564 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:00 - Nov 14 by Leadbelly

Or just sloppy reporting?

Once again great approach play and then a poor cross and the move breaks down

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:13 - Nov 14 with 561 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:09 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Once again great approach play and then a poor cross and the move breaks down

Orient top scorer Johnson coming on

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:16 - Nov 14 with 558 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:13 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Orient top scorer Johnson coming on

Jevani is human just missed a good chance

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:18 - Nov 14 with 557 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:16 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Jevani is human just missed a good chance

Then very unlucky cutting in from the left

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:19 - Nov 14 with 555 viewsthrillseeker

Time for Folivi to be replaced
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:30 - Nov 14 with 547 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:19 - Nov 14 by thrillseeker

Time for Folivi to be replaced

I would replace Senior with Cowan-Hall

Folivi just unlucky with a similar effort to Brown

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024