Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Essex Tier 2 11:49 - Nov 26 with 868 viewsdurham_exile

NT

Co Durham tier 3

[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 12:03]

Durham_exile

Essex Tier 2 on 12:35 - Nov 26 with 841 viewsbwildered

This part of Essex was already in Tier 2 , so if I read that correctly home fixtures will be restricted to 2,000 crowd , only available to already STP holders . Can anyone confirm .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Essex Tier 2 on 13:20 - Nov 26 with 830 viewsLeadbelly

Essex Tier 2 on 12:35 - Nov 26 by bwildered

This part of Essex was already in Tier 2 , so if I read that correctly home fixtures will be restricted to 2,000 crowd , only available to already STP holders . Can anyone confirm .

That’s how I read it too.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Essex Tier 2 on 13:31 - Nov 26 with 826 viewsmfb_cufc

4,000 if you are in Tier 1, just that moronsareus have not put any team in Tier 1.

mfb

Essex Tier 2 on 13:53 - Nov 26 with 822 viewsburnsieespana

At least the income from 2000 be better than none. Guess young to be a ushvfor season tickets but anything that helps CV ok I survive financially the better.
Essex Tier 2 on 14:27 - Nov 26 with 811 viewsnoah4x4

Cowling statement today confirms
1. Only 1,000 to be admitted v Grimsby to test covid systems.
2. 540 Season Passes sold.
3. 460 available before Grimsby Match.
4. 1,000 more to be released on 7th December.
5. Hence, to see the U's live, sounds like one will need a Season Pass.
6. I-Follow still available.
7. No away fans.

If we do sell 2,000 season passes, I reckon that will be the highest number for some years. If we don't, the atmosphere will probably be shi5. The sooner we can all have a jab (innoculation passports?) , the better, as this isn't ideal.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 14:27]
Essex Tier 2 on 14:27 - Nov 26 with 810 viewswessex_exile

Latest statement from Robbie says that the Grimsby game on 5/12 will be run as a test event, only open to Season Permit holders (currently 540, but still on sale), and regardless will be capped at no more than 1,000 regardless of the government allowance of 2,000. Seems like Robbie is more concerned with making sure we can do this safely at first, which as with his management of the club through this crisis, is again to his immense credit.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/november/club-statement2/

On a plus point for everyone else, it appears iFollow streaming will continue until everything is back to normal - whenever that will be!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Essex Tier 2 on 19:25 - Nov 26 with 768 viewsGOSBTS

Applaud the cautious approach of Robbie - he was probably misguided though to be hoping for Tier One, when it was clear most of the country would be Tier 2 or higher.

However, 2000 should be more than enough for the U's going forward IMO. Our average attendance before March was 3000, including away fans. There'll still be many who feel uncomfortable going to football games, like myself. Can't see us selling more than 2000 on a consistent basis even if we were in Tier One.
Essex Tier 2 on 21:22 - Nov 26 with 747 viewsmfb_cufc

The Grimsby game has got a 17.30 kick-off.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Essex Tier 2 on 11:53 - Nov 27 with 708 viewsthrillseeker

Essex Tier 2 on 21:22 - Nov 26 by mfb_cufc

Any idea why?
Essex Tier 2 on 11:58 - Nov 27 with 707 viewspwrightsknees

Essex Tier 2 on 21:22 - Nov 26 by mfb_cufc

Sounds a bit fishy to me!

I'll get my coat.
Essex Tier 2 on 12:30 - Nov 27 with 706 viewsmfb_cufc

Essex Tier 2 on 11:53 - Nov 27 by thrillseeker

Any idea why?

I just noticed it on the BBC Football site, because it is gonig to be one of the Happy League fixtures next week. Games normally kick-off at that time because they are being broadcast live, but I don't think it is the case here. There will probably some explanation for it in future.

mfb

Essex Tier 2 on 13:14 - Nov 27 with 699 viewsDaniel

The Grimsby game is a 5:30pm ko so that Grimsby can travel down on the day rather than stay over.
Essex Tier 2 on 15:48 - Nov 27 with 683 viewsnoah4x4

It's going to be interesting if limited to merely 1,000.

I wonder, how many existing SPs holders will actually attend? Merely 540 SPs were originally sold. I suspect that the majority of purchasers are older, reasonably financial secure (perhaps retired) old codgers like me. Begs the question, how many will choose to instead watch on I-Follow instead of attending in person?

After nine months of careful socially distanced hibernation, I must confess I am in two minds given that we seem so close to having a vaccine. Deemed to be in a vulnerable group, why risk my health for the sake of a few football matches this side of innoculation? I have already paid for my ticket or I-Follow pass, so watching on laptop/TV isn't disloyal. I also fear the atmosphere could be terrible. I can imagine stewards enforcing no shouting, no singing and it being a miserable experience like we endured when the stadium first opened. It's the moaning I can't endure. Rules are rules and we need discipline to beat this virus.

On balance, I will probably attend (silly, stupid fan mentality), but it is certain to be a record low attendance for a CUFC home EFL league game. The current record low is 1,140 versus Swansea City on 29 September 1987 at Layer Road.

The question is, how many fewer than 1,000? But surely it can't be worse than our lowest three Football League Trophy attendances where we have averaged 540 supporters. Funny, I think I have read the number 540 elsewhere.......

P.s, the lowest EFL league gate at the Community Stadium is 2,336 versus Yeovil on 17th March 2016. But Football League Trophy gates have been appalling.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 16:09]
Essex Tier 2 on 17:28 - Nov 27 with 665 viewsLeadbelly

Essex Tier 2 on 15:48 - Nov 27 by noah4x4

It's going to be interesting if limited to merely 1,000.

I wonder, how many existing SPs holders will actually attend? Merely 540 SPs were originally sold. I suspect that the majority of purchasers are older, reasonably financial secure (perhaps retired) old codgers like me. Begs the question, how many will choose to instead watch on I-Follow instead of attending in person?

After nine months of careful socially distanced hibernation, I must confess I am in two minds given that we seem so close to having a vaccine. Deemed to be in a vulnerable group, why risk my health for the sake of a few football matches this side of innoculation? I have already paid for my ticket or I-Follow pass, so watching on laptop/TV isn't disloyal. I also fear the atmosphere could be terrible. I can imagine stewards enforcing no shouting, no singing and it being a miserable experience like we endured when the stadium first opened. It's the moaning I can't endure. Rules are rules and we need discipline to beat this virus.

On balance, I will probably attend (silly, stupid fan mentality), but it is certain to be a record low attendance for a CUFC home EFL league game. The current record low is 1,140 versus Swansea City on 29 September 1987 at Layer Road.

The question is, how many fewer than 1,000? But surely it can't be worse than our lowest three Football League Trophy attendances where we have averaged 540 supporters. Funny, I think I have read the number 540 elsewhere.......

P.s, the lowest EFL league gate at the Community Stadium is 2,336 versus Yeovil on 17th March 2016. But Football League Trophy gates have been appalling.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 16:09]

I’m diabetic, therefore classed as vulnerable, so won’t be attending until I’ve had the second vaccination/inoculation. That almost certainly rules me out for most of the current season, if not all of it.

Whilst I’m confident I’m doing all I can to keep myself and others safe I’m afraid I have a lot less confidence in other people doing the same. Missing football is not the end of the world...attending might be!

Essex Tier 2 on 18:02 - Nov 27 with 663 viewsthrillseeker

Sorry this may sound selfish but I can't wait to attend.

I am a ST holder so I am confident of my place within the 1000
Essex Tier 2 on 18:09 - Nov 27 with 662 viewsLeadbelly

Essex Tier 2 on 18:02 - Nov 27 by thrillseeker

Sorry this may sound selfish but I can't wait to attend.

I am a ST holder so I am confident of my place within the 1000

Not selfish at all, it’s perfectly understandable. While I will avoid football, and cricket, gigs etc until I feel it’s safe for me to attend that doesn’t mean I’m not desperate to do so. Much as I love walking with my dogs the fact that that has been the daily highlight for the past 8 months leaves a lot to be desired.

Essex Tier 2 on 18:43 - Nov 27 with 657 viewswessex_exile

Essex Tier 2 on 18:09 - Nov 27 by Leadbelly

Not selfish at all, it’s perfectly understandable. While I will avoid football, and cricket, gigs etc until I feel it’s safe for me to attend that doesn’t mean I’m not desperate to do so. Much as I love walking with my dogs the fact that that has been the daily highlight for the past 8 months leaves a lot to be desired.

Ditto - not selfish at all, if I could practically attend I would do. But I share the concern of others that it's not just about being sensible oneself, it's trusting that others will be also - and the current situation suggests that could be a very misplaced trust.

Incidentally, your situation speaks volumes for 2020 Whale, when the highlight of your day includes picking up dog's eggs...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Essex Tier 2 on 21:04 - Nov 27 with 646 viewsMoor_Pinot

Essex Tier 2 on 18:43 - Nov 27 by wessex_exile

Ditto - not selfish at all, if I could practically attend I would do. But I share the concern of others that it's not just about being sensible oneself, it's trusting that others will be also - and the current situation suggests that could be a very misplaced trust.

Incidentally, your situation speaks volumes for 2020 Whale, when the highlight of your day includes picking up dog's eggs...

No Thrillo, not selfish. Would follow suit if I could. But I've been in hospital twice here in France during the pandemic (the experience is a revelation and so incredibly good I could not do an explanation justice) & am of the age where I must be mindful. Elite football (1 team here in the Vendée of Colchester level) has been open to limited spectators despite the French 'confinement' being far tougher and more tightly policed (scarily so) but I did not attend and will not until vaccination, probably after the new year.
Like Lead the highlight of my day is my one hour permitted walk 1km from home complete with legally signed and witnessed permission slip. I take my binoculars not my dog and make the most of it all masked up. As Wessex says the alternative is too risky so I won't be attending football or anything similar for a good while. The car has covered 2259 miles since January so I have saved a lot of petrol. The things bigger than football have to be respected and I don't see football in Europe looking as it did for a long time. Some colchester fans may never return but those who legally can should not feel selfish. As long as the stadium is set up to protect then it's a matter of choice and taking responsibility Thrillo.
You go and cheer them on for me with the other 800 or so. They need it after recent results!!

Moor Pinot

Essex Tier 2 on 21:30 - Nov 27 with 639 viewsnoah4x4

This thread perhaps vindicates my point. I think we might struggle to get 2,000 and that’s why Cowling wants to restrict to 1,000. I reckon that 800 might be tops for Grimsby until word spreads that the stadium felt safe. Apparently, we must sit quiet wearing masks at all times. As a spectacle wearer, I can’t wait to get my mask off. Can’t see anything and yes, I have tried all the advice about preventing fogging. I won’t enjoy the match in a mask, so that’s one SP holder that will watch on Laptop/TV
Essex Tier 2 on 22:39 - Nov 27 with 633 viewsLeadbelly

Essex Tier 2 on 18:43 - Nov 27 by wessex_exile

Indeed...one must take one’s pleasures where one finds them!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024