Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimsby - Ticket news. 15:07 - Nov 30 with 893 viewsnoah4x4

I have just received information from the club that Season Pass holders will soon get an email inviting them to either accept or decline their match day ticket.

If they accept, they must confirm that they are not suffering from Covid-19 (etc) and agree to accept the special terms and conditions of admission.

If they decline, they will be entitled to a free (£10) I-Follow pass and a refund of the excess paid as has been normal this season (e.g. £0.18 if a senior citizen and about £4 if younger).

I think this is eminently sensible given that many loyal fans that have committed to season passes are still deemed to be in a Covid-19 vulnerable category. It means they can watch the match on I-Follow without the health risk and not be blocking a seat for somebody wanting in person admission.

Well done Colchester United for thinking this through. My guess is that a surprising number of the 540 existing SP holders might decline hence permitting more than 460 to gain admission. Then when it moves to 2,000, the club will have a better idea of how many tickets they can sell without needing ballots etc.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 15:08]
Grimsby - Ticket news. on 10:40 - Dec 4 with 779 viewsthrillseeker

Although delighted to be able to go I am really disappointed with my seat/bubble allocation number, so much so there is a chance I won't attend match.

I cannot work out when only 10% of stadium is being used my seat allocation is on Row E which not only is virtually pitch level it will ensure I get wet if it rains or snows.

Having had a ST for years this feels like a kick in the balls when they can see historical ST seats have always been in highest 2 rows to try and ensure keeping dry as much as possible when attending.

I will be checking to see whether my normal ST seat is being used or near a bubble of people
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 10:54]
Grimsby - Ticket news. on 11:48 - Dec 4 with 765 viewsbwildered

Would be interesting in how the club allocate seating during this time, common sense or by computer data.
Do wonder why STH cannot have normal located seats has previous (has long has stand is open) because must be has easier to allocate bubbles around them.
Perhaps the bubbles cause the allocation a problem to the club because the fluidity of numbers within being available .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 12:16 - Dec 4 with 755 viewsthrillseeker

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 11:48 - Dec 4 by bwildered

Would be interesting in how the club allocate seating during this time, common sense or by computer data.
Do wonder why STH cannot have normal located seats has previous (has long has stand is open) because must be has easier to allocate bubbles around them.
Perhaps the bubbles cause the allocation a problem to the club because the fluidity of numbers within being available .

I have been given a far inferior seat than my normal ST seat.

May be a bit selfish but I was hoping STH's would have been given some form of priority over others as a thank you for providing cash upfront but alas no.

My seat allocation has annoyed me and feels like a kick in the balls. All I really wanted was a seat as high up in stand as possible to keep dry in the event of poor weather.

There are plenty of spaces in the higher rows when only 10% of stadium is being used
Grimsby - Ticket news. on 12:52 - Dec 4 with 753 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 12:16 - Dec 4 by thrillseeker

I have been given a far inferior seat than my normal ST seat.

May be a bit selfish but I was hoping STH's would have been given some form of priority over others as a thank you for providing cash upfront but alas no.

My seat allocation has annoyed me and feels like a kick in the balls. All I really wanted was a seat as high up in stand as possible to keep dry in the event of poor weather.

There are plenty of spaces in the higher rows when only 10% of stadium is being used

Does seem a bit off to me. Have you contacted the club to request a seat higher in the tier or is that not allowed?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 12:59 - Dec 4 with 752 viewsthrillseeker

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 12:52 - Dec 4 by RSCOSWORTH

Does seem a bit off to me. Have you contacted the club to request a seat higher in the tier or is that not allowed?

Yes, but ticket office is shut

An email has been sent but I'm not confident of receiving a response before match commences.
Grimsby - Ticket news. on 13:39 - Dec 4 with 737 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 12:59 - Dec 4 by thrillseeker

Yes, but ticket office is shut

An email has been sent but I'm not confident of receiving a response before match commences.

That's a bit rubbish. I hope you get it sorted.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 736 viewsthrillseeker

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 13:39 - Dec 4 by RSCOSWORTH

That's a bit rubbish. I hope you get it sorted.

Despite my negativity I am grateful to have opportunity to attend subject to weather.
Grimsby - Ticket news. on 16:14 - Dec 4 with 716 viewsthrillseeker

An update

I have received a response from Ticket Office and It would appear I have forgotten a note in one of RC's club statements so alas it is take the provided seat allocated.

Also if I decide not to go due to weather I can not view match on ifollow for free as I have accepted tickets.

Although sadly not the answers I wanted I was very happy to receive good communication from Ticket Office
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 16:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 16:49 - Dec 4 with 707 viewsLeadbelly

Grimsby - Ticket news. on 16:14 - Dec 4 by thrillseeker

An update

I have received a response from Ticket Office and It would appear I have forgotten a note in one of RC's club statements so alas it is take the provided seat allocated.

Also if I decide not to go due to weather I can not view match on ifollow for free as I have accepted tickets.

Although sadly not the answers I wanted I was very happy to receive good communication from Ticket Office
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 16:41]

Weather forecast to be cold, bit of an easterly wind but dry apart from possible showers early afternoon. Wrap up warm!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024