Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight 15:30 - Dec 5 with 1953 viewsdurham_exile

After a stuttering draw on Tuesday night against the Reds of Crawley, SB and his charges entertain Ian Holloway’s Mariners on Saturday evening 1730hrs kick off at the JSCS.

Now I am keeping this short because frankly I am swamped with things to do at present.

Weather in Colchester mostly cloudy dry and 4 degrees Celsius.

Team:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Sowunmi Bramall

Stevenson Chilvers

Harriott Bohui

Brown Folivi

Subs:

George Gambin Lapslie Miranda Norris Cowan-Hall Poku

Of course, I will be wrong Senior will play and Poku will start. Do not know about Pell’s fitness.

Now do not get me wrong I like Poku I just think he has not advanced as much as he should have done after last season.

Just a plea to SB, please play two strikers and let Brown have some decent support if you want him to score more goals. Aimless high balls to him when isolated and surrounded by three defenders is no good at all.

Score 3-0 to Colchester

Frankly, this is a must win and a must win handsomely. Especially so after Scunny warmed up with another win today.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 16:38 - Dec 5 with 1053 viewsdurham_exile

Gerken
Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Tchamadeu Senior Harriott Gambin

Brown Norris

George Sowunmi Scarlett Poku Miranda Bohui Folivi

I don't know anything about Junior Tchamadeu

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:03 - Dec 5 with 1037 viewsgerry_us

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 16:38 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Gerken
Eastman Smith Bramall

Brown Norris

Up the U's

You didn't select him because I doubt you could spell him! Anybody know anything about him?

I see Senior starts again...
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:05 - Dec 5 with 1037 viewswessex_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 16:38 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Gerken
Eastman Smith Bramall

Brown Norris

Up the U's

Nor I - according to some on the OMB, joined last season at U16 level! Management must have great faith in him to put him into this one. Still, Brown and Chuck up front, so looking forward to seeing how they get on.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:12 - Dec 5 with 1028 viewsLeadbelly

Chilvers will be busy in midfield. Looks lightweight other than him.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:13 - Dec 5 with 1028 viewsmfb_cufc

Welch-Hayes and Stevenson both suspended.

No Charles Vernam to run rings around our defence for Grimsby, as he plays for Burton now.

mfb

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:20 - Dec 5 with 1019 viewsFruitbat

I'd like to think this is 4-4-2 but it's more likely to be 4-5-1 as Brown will need to drop back to help that midfield out.
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:40 - Dec 5 with 1006 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:20 - Dec 5 by Fruitbat

I'd like to think this is 4-4-2 but it's more likely to be 4-5-1 as Brown will need to drop back to help that midfield out.

Junior Tchamadeu is 16 and playing right back ahead of Scarlett.

I agree midfield is lightweight but we are winning

Smith 1-0

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:45 - Dec 5 with 994 viewsFruitbat

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:40 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Junior Tchamadeu is 16 and playing right back ahead of Scarlett.

I agree midfield is lightweight but we are winning

Smith 1-0

He's got some pace and it's got us out a trouble a couple of times already.
Login to get fewer ads

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:56 - Dec 5 with 984 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:45 - Dec 5 by Fruitbat

He's got some pace and it's got us out a trouble a couple of times already.

And then we concede the softest of goals direct from a corner

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:57 - Dec 5 with 982 viewsFruitbat

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:56 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

And then we concede the softest of goals direct from a corner

Awful defending at both ends so far.

They've stepped up their pressing in the last 10 mins or so and we're struggling with it.
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:01 - Dec 5 with 976 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 17:57 - Dec 5 by Fruitbat

Awful defending at both ends so far.

They've stepped up their pressing in the last 10 mins or so and we're struggling with it.

A lot of stoppages too.

Plenty to do against a revitalised Grimsby

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:05 - Dec 5 with 970 viewsMoor_Pinot

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:01 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

A lot of stoppages too.

Plenty to do against a revitalised Grimsby

Come on the U's

It's putting our actual level into perspective for me. Over the last six or seven games we have not looked like a significant player in this league. We've a few gooduns still but there's a lot of waste and we make far too many mistakes. Standstill season so far. Plenty of time to improve though!

Moor Pinot

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:25 - Dec 5 with 941 viewswessex_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:05 - Dec 5 by Moor_Pinot

It's putting our actual level into perspective for me. Over the last six or seven games we have not looked like a significant player in this league. We've a few gooduns still but there's a lot of waste and we make far too many mistakes. Standstill season so far. Plenty of time to improve though!

I can't disagree, but this is at least marginally better than Crawley at the moment, just need to control the game better. Lots of one-touch passing, but at this level, with any team pressing us across the park, we just don't have sufficient ball control to not eventually give it away. Grimsby may well be disappointed they're not in front, so let's make that count in the second half.

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:30 - Dec 5 with 936 viewsthrillseeker

Not great but it feels good to be back in stadium.

We are being over run in midfield which is creating us problems.

Really disappointed with Harriott on one occasion when he has a pop at Tchamadeu trying to deflect he was at fault. As the more senior player he should be encouraging the 16 year old not trying to knock him.
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:37 - Dec 5 with 931 viewsMoor_Pinot

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:25 - Dec 5 by wessex_exile

I can't disagree, but this is at least marginally better than Crawley at the moment, just need to control the game better. Lots of one-touch passing, but at this level, with any team pressing us across the park, we just don't have sufficient ball control to not eventually give it away. Grimsby may well be disappointed they're not in front, so let's make that count in the second half.

Up the U's!

Yep, am in accord Wesser. A win would be a surprise but would be great for the positivity of the squad and support.
We have some talented individuals who tend to be wasted by the management but we are not a fluent team unit which is why we are finding Grimsby hard to repell. I think we miss Lapslie and the midfield is so lacking in creativity. Not impressed with Harriott tonight. Substitutions may be key for us. But I do anticipate them getting a second.

Moor Pinot

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:48 - Dec 5 with 919 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:37 - Dec 5 by Moor_Pinot

Yep, am in accord Wesser. A win would be a surprise but would be great for the positivity of the squad and support.
We have some talented individuals who tend to be wasted by the management but we are not a fluent team unit which is why we are finding Grimsby hard to repell. I think we miss Lapslie and the midfield is so lacking in creativity. Not impressed with Harriott tonight. Substitutions may be key for us. But I do anticipate them getting a second.

Brilliant from Harriott

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:49 - Dec 5 with 916 viewsFruitbat

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:48 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Brilliant from Harriott

Dancing feet worthy of Strictly! Woeful defending though.
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:50 - Dec 5 with 914 viewsMoor_Pinot

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:49 - Dec 5 by Fruitbat

Dancing feet worthy of Strictly! Woeful defending though.

Indeed, but that's better from Harriott, must press for a third now!

Moor Pinot

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:07 - Dec 5 with 887 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 18:50 - Dec 5 by Moor_Pinot

Indeed, but that's better from Harriott, must press for a third now!

I like the look of Junior very impressed with the youngster

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:09 - Dec 5 with 884 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:07 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

I like the look of Junior very impressed with the youngster

Time for the master tactician to make a change.

Bohui or Folivii please

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:11 - Dec 5 with 880 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:09 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Time for the master tactician to make a change.

Bohui or Folivii please

Folivi on and Brown off

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:17 - Dec 5 with 873 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:11 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Folivi on and Brown off

Senior off Poku on

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:19 - Dec 5 with 870 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:17 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Senior off Poku on

Come on keep them out

Why does SB not like to play Brown and Folivi together

The truth is out there

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:21 - Dec 5 with 862 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:19 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Come on keep them out

Why does SB not like to play Brown and Folivi together

The truth is out there

Norris off and Sowunmi ons

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:22 - Dec 5 with 860 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's tonight on 19:21 - Dec 5 by durham_exile

Norris off and Sowunmi ons

4 extra mins

Come on

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024