Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma 20:38 - Jan 22 with 1755 viewsdurham_exile

After an improved performance against Cambridge last weekend SB takes his charges to the Mazuma Stadium Morecambe on Saturday. Without a win in 6 games now it is time to secure another Away win and to begin to determine whether we are serious promotion candidates or not.

After Chuck Norris was allowed to leave to join Stevenage and Luke Gambin was loaned to Newport County, we have secured the services on loan of QPR striker Aramide Oteh who will take the Number 9 shirt.

Morecambe gave us a caning at the JSCS when winning 2-1 a few weeks ago. They looked a better team than everyone that I have watched this season except perhaps Carlisle United.

Our next games after tomorrow are:

Stevenage A
Scunny H
Salford A
Orient A

Our away record frankly is appalling this season and we simply have to start securing away points or we can look forward to another League Two campaign next year and of course we will lose even more of our promising players.

Morecambe have just signed on emergency loan a keeper from Reading who is Jokull Andresson. They will be no pushovers tomorrow and we need to start strong and take the game to them.

Now I simply do not know about the fitness of Folivi or Cowan-Hall or Welch-Hayes. Why do Colchester never divulge details of team fitness? It gives no advantage to the opposition at League Two level and makes no difference to team tactics, but the team will have been training during the week and must have an idea of who will be playing where and whether our new signing will be pitched straight into the fray as Centre Forward.

Now the club have made a mistake in letting Gambin go on loan (he will never play for us again I suspect) and if Newport don not sign him at the end of the season he will drift away perhaps to Stevenage. Everybody else seems to after all.

Courtney Senior should have gone on loan, perhaps to a National League club where he can toughen up. His challenges are weak, and he does not track back sufficiently well. He loses the ball with frustrating monotony and I have not seen him advance as a player this season rather he has regressed. Sorry, but that is the way it is and although the current management do not share those views, can anyone really say that he adds anything constructive to the team.

Now we have invested in Oteh so lets play him from the start tomorrow.

If Welch-Hayes is fit, then he should start at right back and the team should revert to a back four.

SB actually played the best midfield trio last week and they should also play at Morecambe.

Jevani Brown should revert to the Number 10 position and if fit Ainsley Harriott should play as the wide player. Aramide Oteh would make up the team.

So, play 4,3,2,1 as follows:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Pell Stevenson Chilvers

Brown Harriott

Oteh

Subs:

George Poku Clampin Tchamadeu Sowunmi Tovide Bohui

Tom Lapslie is unfit again. That leaves Cowan-Hall and Folivi unaccounted for (both of whom would have a place in my team, but their fitness levels are not known). Courtney Senior should be dropped. SB please do so, after all the world is not going to end if you do and he needs to take a long hard look at himself and decide what he can bring to the team, where he is going to play and what advantages there are in playing him.

I think that although pacy and tricky, he is lightweight and does not contribute goals or creates goal scoring opportunities.

Play Oteh as the (lone) striker with Brown for support and Harriott who creates opportunities and is not afraid to shoot. Cohen Bramall is long overdue a goal and one of his trade mark free kicks is overdue.

Do not be afraid to bring Samson Tovide on either. He may spring a surprise and the opposition will know nothing about him.

The weather is going to be 3 degrees Celsius and partly sunny which will be a welcome change after the rain, sleet, and snow which we have had this week. The pitch will be heavy, and this is another reason not to play Senior.

Table:

Cambridge 24 41
Newport 22 40
Carlisle 21 39
Salford 24 38
FGR 23 38
Cheltenham 23 37
Orient 23 36
Morecambe 22 35
Crawley 22 34
Exeter 21 33
Tranmere 22 32
Walsall 24 32
COL U 22 30

The table is not entirely accurate because of the games that some teams have in hand but the top four look strong and will not be a million miles away come the end of the season. We must make up 6 points just to get into the top seven.

Enjoy the game.

Score - 1-0 to Colchester with a debut goal from Oteh (if he gets the full 90 minutes).

Up the U’s

SB out

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 20:58 - Jan 22 with 891 viewsgerry_us

We'll need to be a bit Wise against Morecambe to get anything out of this game.
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 22:08 - Jan 22 with 872 viewsnoah4x4

No doubt we will play all the right notes, but in the wrong order.
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 22:19 - Jan 22 with 868 viewsmfb_cufc

Excellent as usual durham. Folivi has trained all week, and is available for tomorrow. I would imagine he will be on the bench. As for Cowan-Hall, he is just out of favour with Ball. I think his only hope of ever playing for us again is to change his name to Senior.

mfb

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 22:45 - Jan 22 with 863 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 22:19 - Jan 22 by mfb_cufc

Excellent as usual durham. Folivi has trained all week, and is available for tomorrow. I would imagine he will be on the bench. As for Cowan-Hall, he is just out of favour with Ball. I think his only hope of ever playing for us again is to change his name to Senior.

Mick thanks for the update on Folivi.

I see Salford drew 2-2 at home to Harrogate tonight.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 09:11 - Jan 23 with 836 viewsMoor_Pinot

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 22:45 - Jan 22 by durham_exile

Mick thanks for the update on Folivi.

I see Salford drew 2-2 at home to Harrogate tonight.

Up the U's

Cracking stuff Durham - just what we need in these times.
I'm in agreement with you and Mick and feel that if Folivi is fit we still have options which could see us rise the league a bit.
The trouble is that I have no confidence that management will be bold enough to try them.
Strange really because it's two months since we won and a win is getting ever more important!
Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 14:16 - Jan 23 with 791 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 09:11 - Jan 23 by Moor_Pinot

Cracking stuff Durham - just what we need in these times.
I'm in agreement with you and Mick and feel that if Folivi is fit we still have options which could see us rise the league a bit.
The trouble is that I have no confidence that management will be bold enough to try them.
Strange really because it's two months since we won and a win is getting ever more important!
Up the U's

Team

Gerken
Eastman Sowunmi Smith Bramall
Pell Stevenson Chilvers
Poku Harriott
Brown

Subs
George welch-Hayes Senior Oteh
Marshall Miranda Harvey Sayer Folivi

Will Oteh get 10 minutes
Who knows

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 14:55 - Jan 23 with 776 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 14:16 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Team

Gerken
Eastman Sowunmi Smith Bramall
Pell Stevenson Chilvers
Poku Harriott
Brown

Subs
George welch-Hayes Senior Oteh
Marshall Miranda Harvey Sayer Folivi

Will Oteh get 10 minutes
Who knows

Pitch looks very good better than I expected.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 14:58 - Jan 23 with 775 viewsnoah4x4

Come on you U's
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:28 - Jan 23 with 769 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 14:55 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Pitch looks very good better than I expected.

Up the U's

Harriott very unlucky striking the post

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:43 - Jan 23 with 757 viewsgerry_us

You might have known that Luke Gambin would score for Newport. How could he get into their team but not ours?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 15:47]
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:44 - Jan 23 with 757 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:28 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Harriott very unlucky striking the post

This is the best we have played for about 10 games.

We could be 3-0 up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:47 - Jan 23 with 751 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:44 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

We could be 3-0 up.

Up the U's

Totally undeserved lead for the Shrimpers

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:49 - Jan 23 with 747 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:47 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Totally undeserved lead for the Shrimpers

Test of character second half but we do not deserve to be losing this game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:49 - Jan 23 with 747 viewsgerry_us

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:44 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

We could be 3-0 up.

Up the U's

..and now 1-0 down.
At least that could change the halftime talk; then maybe not.
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:06 - Jan 23 with 728 viewsMoor_Pinot

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:49 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Test of character second half but we do not deserve to be losing this game.

Up the U's

Character yes, tactics though? Who knows with our management.
Very good time to score and it's what good teams do when they're not at their best, which they're not. They hit the woodwork five times when thrashing us at the JS so we can't complain that they've scored really.
I hope we will try new players straight away, it cannot hurt and it should be educative to the management. So I expect to see senior on.....

Moor Pinot

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:07 - Jan 23 with 728 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 15:49 - Jan 23 by gerry_us

..and now 1-0 down.
At least that could change the halftime talk; then maybe not.

Gerry Gambin was always going to score for Newport. We have rarely played him and when he has played he has been out of position.

Big second half required.

We have actually played very well and deserve better.

Up the U:s

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:21 - Jan 23 with 710 viewsgerry_us

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:07 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Gerry Gambin was always going to score for Newport. We have rarely played him and when he has played he has been out of position.

..unfortunately not borne out by the score Peter. Now 2-0
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:21 - Jan 23 with 710 viewsnoah4x4

Humes out! Ball out!

We must play a proper right back!

Now Pelle has been stupid!

Dreadful. I’m turning over to watch the ping pong on Sky
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:22 - Jan 23 with 706 viewsMoor_Pinot

Still nothing new and now two-nil. Long season.

Moor Pinot

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:22 - Jan 23 with 706 viewsdurham_exile

Game over 2-0 and Pell off.

Unbelievably stupid. The tackle was ok the head butt was not

Another defeat

All the good work thrown away.

Ridiculous.

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:23 - Jan 23 with 701 viewsgerry_us

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:22 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Another defeat

Ridiculous.

Come on to 10 men
Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:25 - Jan 23 with 695 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:23 - Jan 23 by gerry_us

Come on to 10 men

Harriott off Oteh on

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:26 - Jan 23 with 689 viewsMoor_Pinot

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:22 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Another defeat

Ridiculous.

I've predicted that from Pell for months. He's a liability if things don't go his way. He's a motivator yes, but our worst technical footballer, Gambin far better.
As you say, game over.
As I repeat, long season..... Very.
There will be no playoffs until the culture changes and we use the raw material better.
Can't see it happening though.

Moor Pinot

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:27 - Jan 23 with 688 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:25 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Harriott off Oteh on

Come on the U's

Poku off Welch-Hayes on

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:30 - Jan 23 with 681 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail at the Mazuma on 16:27 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

Poku off Welch-Hayes on

Surely that was a foul on Bramall

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024