Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Academy 18:49 - Feb 11 with 588 viewsburnsieespana

Was interested to see O'Neil at Ipswich was saying he felt acadeny players will become more valuable as the Premier League can no longer sign youngsters from the EU and develop them although in the flip side I guess it will mean greater competition for good youngsters.
Since I first read about this I have felt the same, yes okay we might loose the odd player at a young age but provided we get financially rewarded it seems beneficial to a club like us
I am not sure how many youngsters have been signed from the EU countries over the years or how many have been developed however he may at be an advantage to a good academy system.
Academy on 16:42 - Feb 12 with 523 viewsbwildered

Probably trying to justify his job in the much vaunted Tractorboys academy . No doubt most PL clubs have surrogate clubs within the EU, which talented players can be allocated within .
Interesting to note, 50 years ago with Grandads’s Army famous victory over Leadbelly’s United come the turn of the year the U’s fielded a team with six teenagers present in the squad, Bloss, Cook,Foley, McLaughlin, L Smith and Leslie .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Academy on 18:00 - Feb 16 with 450 viewsbwildered

So how much has Gilby, Drey Wright, Schmodics , Kent and Miller bought in money to the club ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Academy on 19:15 - Feb 16 with 433 viewsburnsieespana

We don't know but we have to assume enough for our owner to be happy to continue funding the Academy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024