Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6pm curfew for all men 13:19 - Mar 11 with 14902 viewsbritferry

Thats what the Green Parties Baroness Jones wants after the sad incident of Sarah Everard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-C

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

6pm curfew for all men on 13:44 - Mar 11 with 2989 viewsonehunglow

Men,eh.Who d have them
Strange coming from a party lauding freedom

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

6pm curfew for all men on 13:58 - Mar 11 with 2985 viewsfelixstowe_jack

6pm curfew for all men on 13:44 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Men,eh.Who d have them
Strange coming from a party lauding freedom

Why not have a curfew at 6pm for women?
Or to be fair a curfew at 6pm on alternate days. Monday for men Tuesday for women. Curfew for everyone on Sundays as people should not be enjoying themselves on a Sunday.

This woke country gets more bonkers everyday.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

6pm curfew for all men on 14:15 - Mar 11 with 2968 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Unfortunately some women of a nervous disposition impose curfews on themselves after dark through fear.

Whether that is a rational response to scum like Sarah Everard’s killer is debatable but their fear is real enough to them.

Very sad, she looked a young lady full of life from her photographs.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

6pm curfew for all men on 14:30 - Mar 11 with 2909 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 14:15 - Mar 11 by Joe_bradshaw

Unfortunately some women of a nervous disposition impose curfews on themselves after dark through fear.

Whether that is a rational response to scum like Sarah Everard’s killer is debatable but their fear is real enough to them.

Very sad, she looked a young lady full of life from her photographs.

That was exactly the point being made in the Lords.

In response to this horrific kidnap and murder, by a serving armed police officer lest we forget, there was, as there frequently is, a call for women to ‘stay inside’, or to modify behaviour in some way. Women in the Clapham area were told to stay inside. By the police.

The point being made is why not tell men to stay inside instead.

How unsurprising that some don’t see that.

It’s not ‘some women of a nervous disposition’ by the way. It’s pretty much all women. I don’t know a single woman who has not been subject to some sort of attack. I don’t know any women that don’t spend significant amounts of time planning ‘safer’ routes home, keys in hand, phone in hand, walk in middle of the road, stick to roads where it’s lighter, text when you get in...

It’s not common for there to be murder, but it’s sadly an everyday occurrence that we have to put up with harassment, threats, groping etc etc. When is society going to say this is simply no longer acceptable?
6pm curfew for all men on 14:51 - Mar 11 with 2922 viewsTreforys_Jack

6pm curfew for all men on 14:30 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

In response to this horrific kidnap and murder, by a serving armed police officer lest we forget, there was, as there frequently is, a call for women to ‘stay inside’, or to modify behaviour in some way. Women in the Clapham area were told to stay inside. By the police.

It’s not ‘some women of a nervous disposition’ by the way. It’s pretty much all women. I don’t know a single woman who has not been subject to some sort of attack. I don’t know any women that don’t spend significant amounts of time planning ‘safer’ routes home, keys in hand, phone in hand, walk in middle of the road, stick to roads where it’s lighter, text when you get in...

It’s not common for there to be murder, but it’s sadly an everyday occurrence that we have to put up with harassment, threats, groping etc etc. When is society going to say this is simply no longer acceptable?

You don't know of a single woman who hasn't had some sort of attack, surely that's hyperbole. The most shocking thing I've ever heard if true.
6pm curfew for all men on 15:05 - Mar 11 with 2872 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 14:51 - Mar 11 by Treforys_Jack

You don't know of a single woman who hasn't had some sort of attack, surely that's hyperbole. The most shocking thing I've ever heard if true.

No. I quite genuinely don’t.

The statistics show that 97% of all women have been subject to an attack by a man. Obviously of differing levels of severity.

Please. Ask the women you know how many have been attacked in some way. How many constantly modify their behaviour because they are afraid of being attacked. You may find the answers shocking.

I have been attacked twice in the tube (busy tube). On one occasion I got out (not my stop) and was followed.

I have been attacked once on a bus (during the day). Attacked once at knifepoint. Once with a plank of wood. Once on my doorstep where he vaulted over the wall to get to me. A couple of times where I’ve been scared enough walking home from the tube to run to the nearest person and tell them what’s happening.
The ‘not serious’ stuff like catcalling, being called a c*nt for not agreeing to walk with some random bloke, being told I was a miserable bitch for not wanting a drink with someone, too numerous to mention. The number of times I’ve heard someone behind me and been terrified until they’ve passed, too numerous to mention. Winter is a nightmare. Dark at 4.30 and the journey home from work fills you with dread. I’ve friends who have been attacked by cab drivers (black cabs) so they’re not the ‘safe’ option. No one I know would ever walk through a park or a lane or go running in the night.

It’s quite obviously not all men. It’s a small minority. But it’s enough women it’s happening to that all men must know someone who behaves like this to women. It has to stop. It’s too much that this keeps happening.
6pm curfew for all men on 15:16 - Mar 11 with 2894 viewsLohengrin

” When is society going to say this is simply no longer acceptable?”

When was it ever?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

6pm curfew for all men on 15:24 - Mar 11 with 2879 viewsTreforys_Jack

6pm curfew for all men on 15:05 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

The statistics show that 97% of all women have been subject to an attack by a man. Obviously of differing levels of severity.

Please. Ask the women you know how many have been attacked in some way. How many constantly modify their behaviour because they are afraid of being attacked. You may find the answers shocking.

I have been attacked twice in the tube (busy tube). On one occasion I got out (not my stop) and was followed.

I have been attacked once on a bus (during the day). Attacked once at knifepoint. Once with a plank of wood. Once on my doorstep where he vaulted over the wall to get to me. A couple of times where I’ve been scared enough walking home from the tube to run to the nearest person and tell them what’s happening.
The ‘not serious’ stuff like catcalling, being called a c*nt for not agreeing to walk with some random bloke, being told I was a miserable bitch for not wanting a drink with someone, too numerous to mention. The number of times I’ve heard someone behind me and been terrified until they’ve passed, too numerous to mention. Winter is a nightmare. Dark at 4.30 and the journey home from work fills you with dread. I’ve friends who have been attacked by cab drivers (black cabs) so they’re not the ‘safe’ option. No one I know would ever walk through a park or a lane or go running in the night.

It’s quite obviously not all men. It’s a small minority. But it’s enough women it’s happening to that all men must know someone who behaves like this to women. It has to stop. It’s too much that this keeps happening.

Do you think this is big city behaviour or society in general.
Login to get fewer ads

6pm curfew for all men on 15:27 - Mar 11 with 2868 viewsonehunglow

Make no mistake

For Lisa to have written that is a very poorly disguised attack on male species that deserves to be challenged. It is incredible to read such bile.
It suggests the author lives in an area plagued by assauts purely on women.

The converse it true of course. Most women live a lifetime without being sexually or physically assaulted.Most assaults are of a mental nature that women do not disclose,not even to lisa .

Many men are subjected to assaults and do not disclose them out of shame and embarrassment. There are many evil ,conniving and dangerous women out there who ensnare men and kid them into thinking they love love when all they are thinking about is them dying and leaving them money.This applies to most older men who meet younger women so maybe young women should be curfewed ,certainly the ones who get wasted and start violence on the streets .

The chances of females going to prison are much less than a man mainly as kids then become a bargaining tool,when normally they are left to their own devices .

Many men and women go through life without being subjected to any crime.

It is a matter of balance

6pm curfew for all men on 15:28 - Mar 11 with 2837 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 15:16 - Mar 11 by Lohengrin

” When is society going to say this is simply no longer acceptable?”

When was it ever?

I think aspects of it are deemed acceptable Lohengrin.

Minor violences towards women are deemed acceptable. The group of ‘lads’ catcalling a woman and laughing if she is scared by it. The blokes believing it’s ok to call a woman, any woman, a ‘f*cking bitch’ for saying ‘no’ to a drink, or when asked for a phone number.

It’s acceptable when something like this happens for people to say ‘she shouldn’t have been out so late’ (it was bloody 9 o’clock). ‘She shouldn’t be walking somewhere unsafe’ (that road, five minutes from where I lived for 10 years, is the South circular, busy, well lit - it’s the equivalent of walking down Kingsway only busier). ‘What was she wearing’ ‘why didn’t she get a cab‘ (yeah, one of Britain’s most prolific serial killers was a cab driver, so that’s no good either). ‘Women should stay in when it’s dark’ (it’s dark for 16 hours a day at some points in the year, and attacks happen when it’s light as well).

How about the response is ‘ what are we doing to educate boys that they don’t think women are there for their amusement and kicks’? ‘How can we encourage groups of men to call out the one in their group (and there is always one) who is frankly creepy’.
If men are honest, most know someone who they wouldn’t like near their wife, or sister. How about they have serious conversations with that one just in case they escalate and cause harm to someone in the future? Because they snap as a woman says ‘no’. Or has the temerity to walk past them on the street with no one else around.
6pm curfew for all men on 15:35 - Mar 11 with 2829 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 15:24 - Mar 11 by Treforys_Jack

Do you think this is big city behaviour or society in general.

I have been thinking about that.

I think it’s a numbers game.

Let’s say that 1 in 200,000 is an absolute wrong one. And 1 in 100 is a creep.

Sheer numbers says that in a city where there are 9m people, I’m more likely to encounter a real bad one than I am in a small town, or a village, or a smaller city like Swansea.

And it’s also possible that people who want to be anonymous are attracted to a big city where it’s easier. And there are less people around who know everyone.
But I don’t think human nature is any different wherever you are.

If you listen to Jess Phillips on the BBC, she has read out a list today of all the women who have been killed and where a man has subsequently been charged or convicted just in the last year. She does it each year. It takes her over 4 minutes to do so this year. And the names are from all over the country. including sadly, the young girl who was murdered last week near Treorchy.
6pm curfew for all men on 15:46 - Mar 11 with 2844 viewscontroversial_jack

6pm curfew for all men on 15:27 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Make no mistake

For Lisa to have written that is a very poorly disguised attack on male species that deserves to be challenged. It is incredible to read such bile.
It suggests the author lives in an area plagued by assauts purely on women.

The converse it true of course. Most women live a lifetime without being sexually or physically assaulted.Most assaults are of a mental nature that women do not disclose,not even to lisa .

Many men are subjected to assaults and do not disclose them out of shame and embarrassment. There are many evil ,conniving and dangerous women out there who ensnare men and kid them into thinking they love love when all they are thinking about is them dying and leaving them money.This applies to most older men who meet younger women so maybe young women should be curfewed ,certainly the ones who get wasted and start violence on the streets .

The chances of females going to prison are much less than a man mainly as kids then become a bargaining tool,when normally they are left to their own devices .

Many men and women go through life without being subjected to any crime.

It is a matter of balance

Agree totally. It was complete and utter nonsense. No idea where she lives, but thankfully I don't
6pm curfew for all men on 15:49 - Mar 11 with 2842 viewsYrAlarch

Lest we forget, the serving police officer has not been charged yet.
Lest we forget, he was not on duty at the time of the incident, and
He would not have been armed, lest we forget.
6pm curfew for all men on 15:54 - Mar 11 with 2828 viewsonehunglow

The bigger the city the more or less a thing is.
More people more violence more crime.

However more support if you are victim.

Good luck in a rural village where there is no or little back up.

Small towns have the same issues albeit in microcosm but trouble all the same.

6pm curfew for all men on 15:54 - Mar 11 with 2836 viewsCatullus

Sounds to me like London isn't a safe place! That 97% stat, where is it from? How many responded to the survey?

The problem here is (it seems to me anyway) that we haven't got enough police out on the beat and so the scumbags feel free to behave as they wish. Some men will alaways take advantage or try to anyway. And so women feel threatened by all men because they don't know who they can trust. It's understandable I guess.

Of course this poor woman is the victim of a serving officer which can't help any women feeling scared.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

6pm curfew for all men on 15:58 - Mar 11 with 2823 viewsonehunglow

6pm curfew for all men on 15:54 - Mar 11 by Catullus

Sounds to me like London isn't a safe place! That 97% stat, where is it from? How many responded to the survey?

The problem here is (it seems to me anyway) that we haven't got enough police out on the beat and so the scumbags feel free to behave as they wish. Some men will alaways take advantage or try to anyway. And so women feel threatened by all men because they don't know who they can trust. It's understandable I guess.

Of course this poor woman is the victim of a serving officer which can't help any women feeling scared.

Police on the beat cannot deal with the volume of offences .

It looks good but not practical.

When people call Police they do not want a George Dixon cotyledons but one who will sort their issue out quickly.

6pm curfew for all men on 16:22 - Mar 11 with 2815 viewsProfessor

Sadly, many women I know have faced some form of attack or at least unwanted and often aggressive sexual advances. Figures would suggest that over half of female students have faced this behaviour (usually from other students). What some may deem 'banter' or a bit of fun may not seem that way to the target. To dismiss what Lisa is saying just fuels the attitudes that lead to problems.
6pm curfew for all men on 16:29 - Mar 11 with 2802 viewsHighjack

What percentage of men engages in this behaviour out of interest? To lump us all in with a tiny minority of scumbags seems horrendously unfair.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

6pm curfew for all men on 16:29 - Mar 11 with 2768 viewsDr_Winston

Has the Police mentality gone on display in this thread?

FWIW I can well believe the 97% figure. I know of a few women it has happened to. A good friend of mine once had to lock a Welsh International Rugby player out of her bedroom (he'd tagged along with a friend who was seeing her flatmate) because he wouldn't take no for an answer and she was in genuine fear of attack.

These "men" are out there, whether people believe them to be or not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

6pm curfew for all men on 16:52 - Mar 11 with 2766 viewsProfessor

And the usual misogynist bile in response I see.
6pm curfew for all men on 16:55 - Mar 11 with 2755 viewsHighjack

Would the sort of scumbag that attacks, rapes or kills women be put off by a curfew anyway? Having less other men on the streets would make it easier for them surely? If I saw a woman being attacked I’d certainly intervene as would most men I imagine.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 16:57]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

6pm curfew for all men on 16:59 - Mar 11 with 2743 viewspikeypaul

6pm curfew for all men on 16:52 - Mar 11 by Professor

And the usual misogynist bile in response I see.

Nothing misogynist in the post at all,but its typical of your type to shout out groundless accusations isnt it?
Point out what is misogynist in the post.
What next all people who wanted to leave the eu are racists? that was another one of yours also wasnt it?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 17:04]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

6pm curfew for all men on 17:05 - Mar 11 with 2735 viewsCatullus

6pm curfew for all men on 15:58 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Police on the beat cannot deal with the volume of offences .

It looks good but not practical.

When people call Police they do not want a George Dixon cotyledons but one who will sort their issue out quickly.

You miss the point, if we had more police on the beat, genuine local police who know the area and the people in it perhaps they would put the scumbags off from attacking someone. I prefer tp try deterrence than have to have a family go through what Sarah Everards family are right now,

I did some digging around and from what I can see it seems that larger towns and cities have a bigger problem because it's easier to be anonymous and hide in a crowd. The scumbags are still there in smaller places but a lot of people know them so they have less opportunity to do anything.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

6pm curfew for all men on 17:06 - Mar 11 with 2734 viewsGlossolalia

Define 'attacked'. If it includes groping, leering, and generally lecherous behaviour, I've been on the end of that so many times, from women and some gay men. I'm attractive, and people are going to go too far a lot of the time. It's mainly benign, but irritating and certainly not how I would behave.

The vast majority of instances, I've seen women misbehaving. Coming from someone who before this year spent four nights every week in pubs, bars and clubs.

The idea that indecency can be allocated to one sex is appalling and sinister.
6pm curfew for all men on 17:07 - Mar 11 with 2562 viewsGroo

What's the figure's on men attacking men and women attacking men and women attacking women?

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024