Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester v Walsall 17:44 - Apr 12 with 1250 viewsmfb_cufc

The game against Walsall is now a 17.30 kick-off

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/april/walsall-kick-off-change/

mfb

Colchester v Walsall on 18:25 - Apr 12 with 1227 viewsthrillseeker

I was hoping for a 12:30 KO as
Colchester v Walsall on 19:24 - Apr 12 with 1226 viewswessex_exile

Colchester v Walsall on 18:25 - Apr 12 by thrillseeker

I was hoping for a 12:30 KO as

I’m happy with the later kick-off. Not that we shouldn’t be going all out for the win, but if we’re hanging on for a point and we know Southend have already lost, do we first and foremost protect the point rather than going for broke and potentially ending up with nothing?

Not that we’re particularly good at protecting anything these days, naturally...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Colchester v Walsall on 22:08 - Apr 13 with 1145 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester v Walsall on 19:24 - Apr 12 by wessex_exile

I’m happy with the later kick-off. Not that we shouldn’t be going all out for the win, but if we’re hanging on for a point and we know Southend have already lost, do we first and foremost protect the point rather than going for broke and potentially ending up with nothing?

Not that we’re particularly good at protecting anything these days, naturally...

Walsall have limbered up with back to back wins.

I'm afraid that we have to win against Walsall and Southend because Cheltenham, Salford and Tranmere will all be really tough.

But can we win back to back games.

The truth is out there

Up the U's

Personally I blame RC!!!!!!

Durham_exile

Colchester v Walsall on 17:49 - Apr 14 with 1086 viewsmfb_cufc

Walsall are undefeated in six, and have only conceded two goals in that run. Also they have only lost four times away all season, the best record for losing away in League 2. So considering where they are in the table, not such an easy game as it may seem.

mfb

Colchester v Walsall on 22:30 - Apr 14 with 1038 viewsColukev

Colchester v Walsall on 17:49 - Apr 14 by mfb_cufc

Walsall are undefeated in six, and have only conceded two goals in that run. Also they have only lost four times away all season, the best record for losing away in League 2. So considering where they are in the table, not such an easy game as it may seem.

No games seem easy at the moment MFB.
Very interesting stats and perhaps if they turned some of their incredible 19 draws into wins, their season would be looking a little different.

The same could be said for us hey?

I personally think we will go down and the reason simply being that we have a non league squad.

The players that were released after last year's playoff defeat, along with the sale of Bramall and Norris, left us with very little game changers. Those who can impose and take the game to the opposition.

The lack of replacements nailed the coffin shut.

I am not in the anti RC brigade. He came in and has overseen a huge modernisation of the club, allowing revenue streams to come not just from on the pitch.

His biggest failure is to plough so much cash into youth development, when we just do not have the pull nor the catchment area to attract the number of quality prospects needed to make it a sustainable model.

Putting those funds towards improvements in all other aspects of the club would have been wiser, as everything is rotten due to the misguided faith and sole focus on youth.

RC has all good intentions, but without being a football man and with the staff he surrounds himself with, it was doomed to fail from the moment TH joined the board.

I do pray that RCs risk to survive the season pays off, as I believe his vision that next season and maybe some thereafter, we will be in a much better place compared to others. Lots of players leaving us upon contract expiry hopefully, and a chance to rebuild the squad with some decent free agents.
We saw in the pre season how many quality players at this level were looking for a club, and with other clubs maybe not having been so frugal, we could build a very strong team.

I hope RC has got it right, albeit by the skin of his teeth. If not, there is no alternative but to move on. Period.

If we do go down, I hope we don't lose to Southend.

12 months ago, would you ever have thought we'd be in this position?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 22:54]
Colchester v Walsall on 00:11 - Apr 15 with 1000 viewsmfb_cufc

Colchester v Walsall on 22:30 - Apr 14 by Colukev

No games seem easy at the moment MFB.
Very interesting stats and perhaps if they turned some of their incredible 19 draws into wins, their season would be looking a little different.

The same could be said for us hey?

I personally think we will go down and the reason simply being that we have a non league squad.

The players that were released after last year's playoff defeat, along with the sale of Bramall and Norris, left us with very little game changers. Those who can impose and take the game to the opposition.

The lack of replacements nailed the coffin shut.

I am not in the anti RC brigade. He came in and has overseen a huge modernisation of the club, allowing revenue streams to come not just from on the pitch.

His biggest failure is to plough so much cash into youth development, when we just do not have the pull nor the catchment area to attract the number of quality prospects needed to make it a sustainable model.

Putting those funds towards improvements in all other aspects of the club would have been wiser, as everything is rotten due to the misguided faith and sole focus on youth.

RC has all good intentions, but without being a football man and with the staff he surrounds himself with, it was doomed to fail from the moment TH joined the board.

I do pray that RCs risk to survive the season pays off, as I believe his vision that next season and maybe some thereafter, we will be in a much better place compared to others. Lots of players leaving us upon contract expiry hopefully, and a chance to rebuild the squad with some decent free agents.
We saw in the pre season how many quality players at this level were looking for a club, and with other clubs maybe not having been so frugal, we could build a very strong team.

I hope RC has got it right, albeit by the skin of his teeth. If not, there is no alternative but to move on. Period.

If we do go down, I hope we don't lose to Southend.

12 months ago, would you ever have thought we'd be in this position?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 22:54]

Hi Kev, it is good to hear from you, I have missed you in the Happy League this season. You are very welcome to come back again next season.

You are right no game is easy for us at the moment. I don't think it is right to say we have got a non-league squad. On paper, especially at the beginning of the season, I don't think any fan expected this squad to be where we are now. Losing Bramhall and Norris has certainly weakened us, but we still shouldn't be fighting relegation.

The great RC plan was to survive this season, because we would be at an advantage when other clubs go bust. That has not happened (yet). Then when the salary cap comes in next season, we would be in a good position compared to other clubs. The salary cap is not taking place now. Also he has been very complacent, putting Ball in charge, and staying with him for too long, when it was obviously not working.

You say if we get relegated, you hope we don't lose to Southend. I think losing to Southend is probably what would lead to us getting relegated.

mfb

Colchester v Walsall on 21:11 - Apr 16 with 831 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Colchester v Walsall on 00:11 - Apr 15 by mfb_cufc

Hi Kev, it is good to hear from you, I have missed you in the Happy League this season. You are very welcome to come back again next season.

You are right no game is easy for us at the moment. I don't think it is right to say we have got a non-league squad. On paper, especially at the beginning of the season, I don't think any fan expected this squad to be where we are now. Losing Bramhall and Norris has certainly weakened us, but we still shouldn't be fighting relegation.

The great RC plan was to survive this season, because we would be at an advantage when other clubs go bust. That has not happened (yet). Then when the salary cap comes in next season, we would be in a good position compared to other clubs. The salary cap is not taking place now. Also he has been very complacent, putting Ball in charge, and staying with him for too long, when it was obviously not working.

You say if we get relegated, you hope we don't lose to Southend. I think losing to Southend is probably what would lead to us getting relegated.

I agree, this squad is far from non league. Before Bramall and Norris left you could even argue that it was stronger than last season's squad plus it was even more experienced now. Smith's career would imply that he's better than Prosser and Welch Hayes was seen as a replacement for Jackson even before Covid-19. Comley didn't figure much towards the end of last season and Brown was like a new signing given how little he had figured previously. We've also had Chilvers playing a lot more this season and have added Sarpong-Wiredu, Folivi and Bohui plus Nouble has returned on loan. I think we had no choice to sell Bramall when we did and that was a good piece of football business on our part. Norris was a strange one for me as I always felt that he'll get you goals. I think he's a player that performs better when playing week in and week out and he obviously wasn't really figuring all that much. He's got four goals since January at Stevenage, we haven't scored much more than that in the same time period. I have no idea why the results and performances have been so poor this season but this squad, in my eyes, should be challenging at the opposite end of the table and not battling against relegation.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Colchester v Walsall on 22:30 - Apr 16 with 812 viewsburnsieespana

Let us hope they can prove it tomorrow!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024