Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? 09:00 - Jul 18 with 4594 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55290/steve-cooper-and-t

Click above for Gruff Stephens article
Click here for Twitter

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:12 - Jul 18 with 2896 viewsBadlands

Mike Marsh is even more anonymous at the moment, it’s all a bit of a mess.
Eh!
Why say something if there's nothing to say? Thankfully its been a few years since the rumour mill was started up and fed from within the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:18 - Jul 18 with 2878 viewsThornburyswan

Looks like Lee Carsley is getting the England U21 job, so that’s another option closed off.
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:23 - Jul 18 with 2869 viewsmagicdaps10

Although being a white man!?! What does that actually mean?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:25 - Jul 18 with 2857 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:23 - Jul 18 by magicdaps10

Although being a white man!?! What does that actually mean?

Play on a song I know but surely a edit is needed there chaps.

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:40 - Jul 18 with 2813 viewsCatullus

Confused, you will be,

https://tenor.com/view/yoda-sad-upset-tired-star-wars-gif-15907225

A song for Steve,

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:43 - Jul 18 with 2804 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:12 - Jul 18 by Badlands

Eh!
Why say something if there's nothing to say? Thankfully its been a few years since the rumour mill was started up and fed from within the club.

Let’s see where everyone is in a weeks time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 10:00 - Jul 18 with 2747 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:40 - Jul 18 by Catullus

Confused, you will be,

https://tenor.com/view/yoda-sad-upset-tired-star-wars-gif-15907225

A song for Steve,

That would have been a better clash song to go with especially in today's modern world🤔😁

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 10:15 - Jul 18 with 2714 viewsNotLoyal

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 09:12 - Jul 18 by Badlands

Eh!

Pick out something positive and comment for once 🙄

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 10:27 - Jul 18 with 2676 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 10:15 - Jul 18 by NotLoyal

Allow me.
That us a really good read and it shows we really do not know much at all/Football i a gossip shop as are most sports.

I do not recall a manager less "loved" than Steveo for many years though.

Maybe it's simply his face.

No offence

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 12:15 - Jul 18 with 2492 viewsBadlands

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 10:15 - Jul 18 by NotLoyal

How was that negative?
The current bunch have kept things close until there is something to announce.
Not the case in the past.
Ps
My comments on the US consortium, Cabango, Routledge, Fulton, Ayew, Guehi (of late), NUghton, Bennett are almost always complementary.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 12:17]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 12:20 - Jul 18 with 2476 viewsJohnw102

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 10:27 - Jul 18 by onehunglow

Allow me.
That us a really good read and it shows we really do not know much at all/Football i a gossip shop as are most sports.

No offence

Less loved managers. Bungling Bob Bradleyand Monk towards the end for starters.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 13:08 - Jul 18 with 2377 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 12:20 - Jul 18 by Johnw102

Less loved managers. Bungling Bob Bradleyand Monk towards the end for starters.

I dunno.Bob had chutpah and a certain hapless auro but he wasnt dislikeable unlike Cooper.

Monk had some success on the field of play -at least for a while and maybe ousting Laudrup wasnt seen as disastrous as some make out as he had clearly lost interest.

No,Steveo for me. In the corner of the classroom

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 13:11 - Jul 18 with 2380 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 10:27 - Jul 18 by onehunglow

Allow me.

No offence

Oh come on Bob B has to take that spoon surely.
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 13:34 - Jul 18 with 2336 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 13:08 - Jul 18 by onehunglow

I dunno.Bob had chutpah and a certain hapless auro but he wasnt dislikeable unlike Cooper.

Monk had some success on the field of play -at least for a while and maybe ousting Laudrup wasnt seen as disastrous as some make out as he had clearly lost interest.

No,Steveo for me. In the corner of the classroom

In terms of personality, yes.

That’s pretty much irrelevant to me to be honest. Results and style of play are important, whether a manager is good fun or not isn’t.

Bradley was a charicature. Exactly what you’d expect an old school American PE teacher or army sergeant to be like.

He had absolutely no right to be near a premier league team after a 30 year career of mediocrity though. He was embarrassingly out of his depth.

Cooper has achieved relative success. He’s reached the playoffs twice. The then two were sacked before they could relegate us.

I don’t dispute his football is drab and he comes across as a hard man to like, mainly when we play badly, lose and he just blames everyone else.
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 14:36 - Jul 18 with 2236 viewsReslovenSwan1

Whatever the merits of Cooper are he has found the key to longevity. He is going into his 3 rd season. This is some sort of record if he sticks it out.

I named him a "goldilocks" manager too good to sack and not good enough to be poached.

Copper himself will be bruised by accusations of 'turgid football' and over defensive approach. If indeed he as interviewed at big clubs this my have been given to him as a reason why he is not worth increasing his salary 10x. He may accept this or not.

I am not a coach so am not sure how easily he can change an ingrained methodology. Both Southgate and Steve Bruce have rectified similar perceptions by parachuting in Graham Jones well known as a pass and move coach. Cooper could fast track chance by doing the same and bringing in a 'Jenkinista' appointment like Routledge or Rangel or give Tate more influence.

The ideal is the continuation of stingy defending incorporating more pace and passing possession football thatv can be sustained for 90 minutes. Both Wales under page and England under Southgate could not control possession. Wales lost control after 15 minutes v Denmark and England after 60 minutes v Italy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 14:53 - Jul 18 with 2207 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 14:36 - Jul 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Whatever the merits of Cooper are he has found the key to longevity. He is going into his 3 rd season. This is some sort of record if he sticks it out.

I named him a "goldilocks" manager too good to sack and not good enough to be poached.

Copper himself will be bruised by accusations of 'turgid football' and over defensive approach. If indeed he as interviewed at big clubs this my have been given to him as a reason why he is not worth increasing his salary 10x. He may accept this or not.

I am not a coach so am not sure how easily he can change an ingrained methodology. Both Southgate and Steve Bruce have rectified similar perceptions by parachuting in Graham Jones well known as a pass and move coach. Cooper could fast track chance by doing the same and bringing in a 'Jenkinista' appointment like Routledge or Rangel or give Tate more influence.

The ideal is the continuation of stingy defending incorporating more pace and passing possession football thatv can be sustained for 90 minutes. Both Wales under page and England under Southgate could not control possession. Wales lost control after 15 minutes v Denmark and England after 60 minutes v Italy.

I wish people would drop this idea that Rangel and Routledge are mega coaches because they played during our Swanselona era
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 15:42 - Jul 18 with 2136 viewsThornburyswan

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 13:34 - Jul 18 by jack247

In terms of personality, yes.

That’s pretty much irrelevant to me to be honest. Results and style of play are important, whether a manager is good fun or not isn’t.

Bradley was a charicature. Exactly what you’d expect an old school American PE teacher or army sergeant to be like.

He had absolutely no right to be near a premier league team after a 30 year career of mediocrity though. He was embarrassingly out of his depth.

Cooper has achieved relative success. He’s reached the playoffs twice. The then two were sacked before they could relegate us.

I don’t dispute his football is drab and he comes across as a hard man to like, mainly when we play badly, lose and he just blames everyone else.

To be somewhat fair to him whilst it’s difficult as a fan to warm to him the players appear to appreciate him, both existing & new ones.
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 16:02 - Jul 18 with 2086 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If he could make us play like Spain just did in the Euros I’d take Taki Micallef as manager

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 16:30 - Jul 18 with 2055 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 15:42 - Jul 18 by Thornburyswan

To be somewhat fair to him whilst it’s difficult as a fan to warm to him the players appear to appreciate him, both existing & new ones.

Definitely. And that’s far more important
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:15 - Jul 18 with 1936 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 14:53 - Jul 18 by jack247

I wish people would drop this idea that Rangel and Routledge are mega coaches because they played during our Swanselona era

Why is that?.

I work on the basis that if you are a bright person with good values there was a lot to be learned from the Swansea evolution that reached it peak under Laudrup at the Mestalla or Wembley. Routledge and Rangel are both bright people and good communicators who love he club.

Cooper would be wise in my opinion to incorporate this knowledge to improve his own performance. Just as Southgate and Bruce have done with Graham Jones.

Cooper said this about Routledge.

(( Cooper says Routledge has been a major influence on Swansea's successes in 2020-21 despite featuring in only 12 league games.

"He contributes in the togetherness of the group, being a role model, he's still one of the best trainers," he added.

"He's a great bridge between myself and the dressing room. He sees it from both sides because of his age and his experience.

"He's got a massive heart, he wants to give back and he's doing that while still being able to contribute on the pitch. I think the football club has been very lucky to have had him." ))

As testimonials go you do not get much better than that.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:27 - Jul 18 with 1906 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 16:02 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

If he could make us play like Spain just did in the Euros I’d take Taki Micallef as manager

😂😂😂😂👍

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:42 - Jul 18 with 1892 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 12:15 - Jul 18 by Badlands

How was that negative?
The current bunch have kept things close until there is something to announce.
Not the case in the past.
Ps
My comments on the US consortium, Cabango, Routledge, Fulton, Ayew, Guehi (of late), NUghton, Bennett are almost always complementary.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 12:17]

You crack on mate, no problem.

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:49 - Jul 18 with 1882 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:15 - Jul 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Why is that?.

I work on the basis that if you are a bright person with good values there was a lot to be learned from the Swansea evolution that reached it peak under Laudrup at the Mestalla or Wembley. Routledge and Rangel are both bright people and good communicators who love he club.

Cooper would be wise in my opinion to incorporate this knowledge to improve his own performance. Just as Southgate and Bruce have done with Graham Jones.

(( Cooper says Routledge has been a major influence on Swansea's successes in 2020-21 despite featuring in only 12 league games.

"He contributes in the togetherness of the group, being a role model, he's still one of the best trainers," he added.

"He's a great bridge between myself and the dressing room. He sees it from both sides because of his age and his experience.

"He's got a massive heart, he wants to give back and he's doing that while still being able to contribute on the pitch. I think the football club has been very lucky to have had him." ))

Because you have no idea if they would make good coaches or not.
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:52 - Jul 18 with 1880 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:15 - Jul 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Why is that?.

Because you have no idea if they would make the grade in a non playing role.

England reached the final, kudos for that, they hardly did it playing the football you are associating with Graham Jones. They looked a lot more like a Cooper side than a Martinez side.
Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 21:57 - Jul 18 with 1788 viewsBillyChong

Steve Cooper and the clash of opinions. Is it the end ? on 18:52 - Jul 18 by jack247

Because you have no idea if they would make the grade in a non playing role.

England reached the final, kudos for that, they hardly did it playing the football you are associating with Graham Jones. They looked a lot more like a Cooper side than a Martinez side.

Spot on. Cooper and Southgate appear to have been on the same defensive driven coaching courses at St George’s Park. They also must have been on the same ‘How to use your substitutes’ seminars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024