Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million 15:35 - Sep 16 with 3512 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55769/steve-cooper-to-fo

Cooper stupor, Forest cor blimey ! Click above.
For Twitter click below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 15:50 - Sep 16 with 2373 viewsChief

So this manager that supposedly 'bottled it', 'gave up', 'walked out' etc etc, is still getting paid by the club for nearly a year after he left?

If this narrative is correct, either Cooper's negotiating team are geniuses or the club's negotiating team is inept.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 15:56 - Sep 16 with 2361 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 15:50 - Sep 16 by Chief

So this manager that supposedly 'bottled it', 'gave up', 'walked out' etc etc, is still getting paid by the club for nearly a year after he left?

If this narrative is correct, either Cooper's negotiating team are geniuses or the club's negotiating team is inept.

It's quite common that a manager is paid a percentage of what is remaining of his contract.

Its neither a masterstroke or inept from either party.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:03 - Sep 16 with 2322 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 15:56 - Sep 16 by magicdaps10

It's quite common that a manager is paid a percentage of what is remaining of his contract.

It is, in a termination.

It appears his contract wasn’t terminated. He kept it and is being paid his monthly salary still for doing nothing… as the club clearly felt he was worth a lot of money to them due to the interest he was getting.

It also adds weight to the notion we were clearly asking a high price for him in the summer.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:07 - Sep 16 with 2330 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:03 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

It is, in a termination.

It appears his contract wasn’t terminated. He kept it and is being paid his monthly salary still for doing nothing… as the club clearly felt he was worth a lot of money to them due to the interest he was getting.

It also adds weight to the notion we were clearly asking a high price for him in the summer.

It was mutual consent that he left. Cooper wanted out but obviously didnt resign and the club had this scenario in mind.

Cooper gets paid a percentage of his fee whilst out of work but didn't want to walk away as he would lose out, Swansea negotiated with Cooper so this is where we are today.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 16:08]

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:11 - Sep 16 with 2293 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:07 - Sep 16 by magicdaps10

It was mutual consent that he left. Cooper wanted out but obviously didnt resign and the club had this scenario in mind.

Cooper gets paid a percentage of his fee whilst out of work but didn't want to walk away as he would lose out, Swansea negotiated with Cooper so this is where we are today.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 16:08]

The mutual part doesn’t matter.

For any compensation fee to be enforceable, the contract has to remain. Cooper has said he wants to leave, Winter appears to have agreed on the proviso that he remain in his contract on gardening leave meaning the compensation fee is still active should someone want to take him before his contract expires.

A mutual termination means the contract is torn up and a lump fee paid (usually part of the remaining value of the contact) meaning the manager can then seek other positions and the club don’t have to pay the manager off in full. It’s a win win for them both.

We were led to believe it was a mutual termination, hence why compensation from Forest seemed bizarre. It turns out it wasn’t a termination at all and he is still a contracted employee of the club.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 16:20]

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:23 - Sep 16 with 2277 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 15:50 - Sep 16 by Chief

If we'd sacked him we'd have to have padi out his full contract though, if the deal in place is less than that then we saved money. Sounds ok to me.

Cooper to Forest, hmmm, a struggling team, the window closed...I don't teckon he'd take it. On the other hand, if he does get the job then we'll see if he really is any good!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:36 - Sep 16 with 2257 views34dfgdf54

As Nixon says, low wages, we were never going to give him a pay rise and was willing to pay him his contract out in case someone fancied taking him on. Good decision by Winter, was never much financial risk to us.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 16:37]
Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:51 - Sep 16 with 2226 viewsChief

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 15:56 - Sep 16 by magicdaps10

Exactly, read my opening comment of my post and sense the sarcasm.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:54 - Sep 16 with 2218 viewsChief

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:23 - Sep 16 by Catullus

If we'd sacked him we'd have to have padi out his full contract though, if the deal in place is less than that then we saved money. Sounds ok to me.

Cooper to Forest, hmmm, a struggling team, the window closed...I don't teckon he'd take it. On the other hand, if he does get the job then we'll see if he really is any good!

Well we are paying out his full contract - his contract was to expire next summer anyway?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 17:48 - Sep 16 with 2122 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s spot on mate, I’m sure there are other considerations, but it’s a monthly payment not the 120k lump sum first reported. Still 10k a month.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 18:42 - Sep 16 with 2049 viewsvetchonian

Exactly Chief Cooper didnt bottle it and walk away because had he quit as so many state the club would have no obligation to pay him......

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 18:43 - Sep 16 with 2045 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 18:42 - Sep 16 by vetchonian

Exactly Chief Cooper didnt bottle it and walk away because had he quit as so many state the club would have no obligation to pay him......

He was going to get sacked for sure.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 19:00 - Sep 16 with 2027 viewsChief

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 18:43 - Sep 16 by KeithHaynes

He was going to get sacked for sure.

So Cooper did the club a favour by mutually agreeing to leave then?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 19:01 - Sep 16 with 2026 viewsChief

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 17:48 - Sep 16 by KeithHaynes

It’s spot on mate, I’m sure there are other considerations, but it’s a monthly payment not the 120k lump sum first reported. Still 10k a month.

Yea apologies, I don't doubt the article at all.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 19:05 - Sep 16 with 2019 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 19:01 - Sep 16 by Chief

Yea apologies, I don't doubt the article at all.

I didn’t read it like that 😉

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 21:05 - Sep 16 with 1901 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 16:23 - Sep 16 by Catullus

We already saw

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 10:41 - Sep 18 with 1699 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We will be getting 1.3 million. I’d say that’s a reasonably good return. We could have sacked him, paid up his contract and got nothing!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 10:45 - Sep 18 with 1682 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 10:41 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

We will be getting 1.3 million. I’d say that’s a reasonably good return. We could have sacked him, paid up his contract and got nothing!

Yep.

Seems like good negotiating to me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 10:59 - Sep 18 with 1657 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 19:00 - Sep 16 by Chief

So Cooper did the club a favour by mutually agreeing to leave then?

Yeah he’s a great guy 🤣🤣

And a fantastic manager 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wanted only by a desperate team at the bottom of the league. I thought it would have been Derby that fell for the ridiculous hype, but they are skint. No doubt he will ‘save’ a club from relegation should never be there by hoofing it to Mars (Brian Clough will be spinning) and that will be another myth to add to his impressive fable collection. Fraud.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 11:45 - Sep 18 with 1599 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 10:59 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Yeah he’s a great guy 🤣🤣

And a fantastic manager 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wanted only by a desperate team at the bottom of the league. I thought it would have been Derby that fell for the ridiculous hype, but they are skint. No doubt he will ‘save’ a club from relegation should never be there by hoofing it to Mars (Brian Clough will be spinning) and that will be another myth to add to his impressive fable collection. Fraud.

He is a pretty good guy though isn’t he? He agreed to continue managing the club once the other manager turned us down.

And he is a pretty good manager isn’t he? He took us to 6th and 4th.

A lot of silly comments recently.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 12:00 - Sep 18 with 1581 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 11:45 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

He is a pretty good guy though isn’t he? He agreed to continue managing the club once the other manager turned us down.

And he is a pretty good manager isn’t he? He took us to 6th and 4th.

A lot of silly comments recently.

After reading these new reports, it seems he didn't keep managing us out of the goodness of his heart. He was contracted to do so.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 12:49 - Sep 18 with 1540 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 12:00 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

After reading these new reports, it seems he didn't keep managing us out of the goodness of his heart. He was contracted to do so.

He still is.

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:20 - Sep 18 with 1516 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 12:49 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

He still is.

No he's not. He's agreed a deal to leave which means giving up his managerial role. As others say, Winter playe this very well, we got the manager we wanted and will get compo for the manager we didn't want. That's a cool million plus in profits right there.

How good is Cooper, if he's as good as Dr P thinks then he'll have Forest winning in a couple of weeks.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:24 - Sep 18 with 1506 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:20 - Sep 18 by Catullus

No he's not. He's agreed a deal to leave which means giving up his managerial role. As others say, Winter playe this very well, we got the manager we wanted and will get compo for the manager we didn't want. That's a cool million plus in profits right there.

How good is Cooper, if he's as good as Dr P thinks then he'll have Forest winning in a couple of weeks.

In which case he should be commended for staying on when the manager we wanted turned us down. Can’t have it both ways as the deal was made prior to that.

He’s as good as he has proven he is. He has been here for 2 seasons and equalled our club record last season, it’s strange you think that his managerial career starts at Forest.

Yes I absolutely think he will be upturning Forest’s results in a matter of weeks, despite not having a pre season, despite not having a transfer window and despite not spending anything.

They haven’t managed to win in 7 games, losing 6 of them. I am pretty certain it won’t take that long again before he gets their first.

I wonder what excuses will be given when he does turn them around though…. Will be entertaining to see anyway.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 13:30]

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:42 - Sep 18 with 1479 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper to Forest ? Swansea City will get 1.3 million on 13:24 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

In which case he should be commended for staying on when the manager we wanted turned us down. Can’t have it both ways as the deal was made prior to that.

He’s as good as he has proven he is. He has been here for 2 seasons and equalled our club record last season, it’s strange you think that his managerial career starts at Forest.

Yes I absolutely think he will be upturning Forest’s results in a matter of weeks, despite not having a pre season, despite not having a transfer window and despite not spending anything.

They haven’t managed to win in 7 games, losing 6 of them. I am pretty certain it won’t take that long again before he gets their first.

I wonder what excuses will be given when he does turn them around though…. Will be entertaining to see anyway.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 13:30]

Don't make things up, where did I even suggest his managerial career starts at Forest?

As with Martin, we shall see what happens.

I can't commend him for staying on, his other choice was to quit and only a fool would have done that and thrown away 10k per month. The deal was obviously for him to relinquish control when we appointed someone.

Records are just stats and as with all stats, context helps. Coopers record here was helped by it being a very poor division, quality wise and it still is which should help Martin in the long run.
Now a "matter of weeks" eh? How many weeks is that exactly? Is it 6/7 weeks?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024