Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Match Report pictures etc 17:53 - Nov 12 with 1223 viewsKeithHaynes

WATCH LIVE HERE
Also on S4C clic.

Click below.
https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/watch-live-yn-fyw-gibraltar-u21-v-cymru-u21/?back=

Wales enjoyed their biggest ever win at under-21 level with a comfortable victory over Gibraltar in a Uefa U21 Euro 2023 qualifier.

Joe Adams scored twice, including a first-half penalty, while Owen Beck, Luke Jephcott and Dan Williams netted their first goals at this level.

Captain Terry Taylor and debutant Ryan Astley completed the rout.

Paul Bodin's side host Group E leaders Switzerland at Newport's Rodney Parade on Tuesday.

Wales move up to fourth in the group after their second win of the campaign.

Liverpool's Beck opened the scoring, finishing off a fine move which he had started.

Two minutes later Adams doubled the lead from the penalty spot after Taylor had been brought down.

Plymouth striker Jephcott's first under-21 goal, from Jack Vale's pull back, underlined Wales' dominance during the first half.

Adams scored his second of the game five minutes into the second half, netting from close range after Sam Pearson was denied by Jaylan Hankins.

Ayoub El Hmidi had Gibraltar's best chance, with his effort hitting the post after a defensive lapse by Wales.

Williams struck from the edge of the box after being picked out by Rhys Hughes' cross.

Taylor scored Wales' sixth following Hughes' corner while Everton's Astley marked his debut by heading home.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Kick Off 6pm on 18:10 - Nov 12 with 1197 viewswestisbest

Cooper and Williams start
Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Kick Off 6pm on 18:21 - Nov 12 with 1184 viewswestisbest

Wales 2 up. One scored by owen beck I think. Nephew of Ian rush.
Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Kick Off 6pm on 18:37 - Nov 12 with 1164 viewsReslovenSwan1

A Welsh defender possible Brandon or Sass Davies had a head collision with the Gibraltar player. Both down for a minute or two. Neither substituted from what I can see.

If I was a manager my player is coming off. "No arguments you are coming off".
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 18:40]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Kick Off 6pm on 18:44 - Nov 12 with 1153 viewsKeithHaynes

3-0 romping this one, as expected though. Few Wales flags there. I was going to go, but the promise of a vindaloo swayed it 😂

Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Kick Off 6pm on 18:50 - Nov 12 with 1146 viewsjasper_T

Ref's not falling for any of Jephcott's League One grappling tricks.

Bit disappointed we've stuck with the old-school two banks of four again, only with a centre half at right back this time.
Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Kick Off 6pm on 19:46 - Nov 12 with 1097 viewsKeithHaynes

6-0 away from home is decent.

Gibraltar U21 v Wales U21 tonight Kick Off 6pm on 19:53 - Nov 12 with 1085 viewsKeithHaynes

Sorry, 7.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024