Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese Spy funding Labour MP 22:08 - Jan 13 with 4923 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Everybody getting their knickers in a twist about a garden party,
meanwhile Barry Gardner is being funded by the CCP.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-mps-told-chinese-agent-25936801

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 08:50 - Jan 16 with 847 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 08:27 - Jan 16 by felixstowe_jack

Clearly China trying to influence arch remainer May. That did not work either.

No. But Johnson took 45 grand off her without declaring it according to that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 08:53 - Jan 16 with 841 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 06:17 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well you shouldn’t say such horrible things to people. Being young is a terrible condition that billions are forced to suffer through every day.

That was a long time ago. I can’t remember

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 09:46 - Jan 16 with 811 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 04:40 - Jan 16 by Kilkennyjack

👌

That’s just a clip from Banzai mun. Mr shakey hand man managed 81 seconds.
Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:05 - Jan 16 with 798 viewsonehunglow

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 09:46 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

That’s just a clip from Banzai mun. Mr shakey hand man managed 81 seconds.

Before Keith's takeover I posted a salacious post on Teress May who although one of the worse Home Secs ever had attripubes of note although her bad back gives her horrible posture and she clearly needs Madame Foner.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:37 - Jan 16 with 780 viewsjack_lord

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:05 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Before Keith's takeover I posted a salacious post on Teress May who although one of the worse Home Secs ever had attripubes of note although her bad back gives her horrible posture and she clearly needs Madame Foner.

Rich, my mate has worked for the last few Home Sec's and he said May was the best. Not sure what to make of the rest of them then.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:42 - Jan 16 with 775 viewsonehunglow

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:37 - Jan 16 by jack_lord

Rich, my mate has worked for the last few Home Sec's and he said May was the best. Not sure what to make of the rest of them then.

Jase
Police pensions were destroyed by her.
She was the one who stated the job was not special or unique.
I could say much more .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:59 - Jan 16 with 770 viewsmajorraglan

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:37 - Jan 16 by jack_lord

Policing is in difficulties and the Bail Act reform was a mess, criminal justice system has been butchered with the closure of Courts and massive cuts in the CPS, Probation Service reforms haven’t worked and Border Force performance not great.

It’s possible she may have been the most competent and that the changes which took place under her watch were “under instruction” of Cameron, but they’ve served the Country well.
Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 11:44 - Jan 16 with 752 viewsjack_lord

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 10:42 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Jase
Police pensions were destroyed by her.
She was the one who stated the job was not special or unique.
I could say much more .

Pensions are a sore subject. I guess it is a sensitive to anyone and everyone affected. Many public servants have seen the pensions change massively. Indeed my wife has to work years longer than her colleagues because the pensions position changed.
I am trying to remember what my mate said but he had his hands tied with the policing budget. He did say that the police force wasn't fit for the 21st century. It was no good having 50 year olds using a big amount of the policing budget using 1980 methods to police an increasingly changing world or something like that.

Login to get fewer ads

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 12:11 - Jan 16 with 745 viewsCatullus

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 22:42 - Jan 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Nothing. If the Chinese want to know what’s going on in the government all they need to do is turn up at no 10 with ten meals for 4 and 50 bottles of wine. Or just become Tory party donors.

According to a Chinese exiled political analyst it’s all for lobbying mps to give good sound bites and a positive spin more than anything else.

Seriously? The Chinese are trying to wheedle their way into extra influence with our politicians and you're not concerned? Given the por standard of our politicians and the likelihood they'd be dumb enough to fall for it, you should be very concerned.

It's not like many of our politicians have been showing very sound judgement this last few decades.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 12:56 - Jan 16 with 729 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 12:11 - Jan 16 by Catullus

Seriously? The Chinese are trying to wheedle their way into extra influence with our politicians and you're not concerned? Given the por standard of our politicians and the likelihood they'd be dumb enough to fall for it, you should be very concerned.

It's not like many of our politicians have been showing very sound judgement this last few decades.

Our political system has been seriously compromised for over 25 years. It’s just because it’s the “commies” are doing it now that’s woken you up Cat

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 13:20 - Jan 16 with 712 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Barry Gardiner donations now up to £600K.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 13:40 - Jan 16 with 703 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 13:20 - Jan 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

Barry Gardiner donations now up to £600K.

What do they actually get for that money though? This is what I don’t understand. It’s Barry bloody Gardiner for gawds sake. What a waste of money.
Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 13:43 - Jan 16 with 697 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 13:40 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

What do they actually get for that money though? This is what I don’t understand. It’s Barry bloody Gardiner for gawds sake. What a waste of money.

I have no idea, £600K must be worth something in exchange, it started at £400K but has been revised a few times. There's £50K in cash in there.

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 14:36 - Jan 16 with 685 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Ms Lee, who donated £500,000 to Labour MP Barry Gardiner over six years mainly to cover staffing costs in his office and employed her son as his diary manager, works closely with the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC).

In October 2020, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the CPAFFC had “sought to directly and malignly influence” state and local leaders to promote China’s global agenda.
Alarmingly, Mr Pompeo said the organisation was tasked with “co-opting subnational governments”.
Nicola Sturgeon has long-standing ties to the CPAFFC, having visited China as their guest on several occasions and even welcoming the vice-president to the Scottish Parliament.

Stuart Crawford, a former army officer and SNP defence spokesman who now works as a defence and security commentator, said there were serious questions for the Scottish Government to answer.
He said:
“If the US State department has stated that publicly, we can safely assume this organisation has a dual mandate, at best."
“You could say they have found a useful idiot in Nicola Sturgeon".
“The Scottish Government and Nicola Sturgeon would have been flattered by the attention and of course she is always seeking to present herself as a leader on the world stage."
“I wouldn’t go as far as saying she or the Scottish Government would’ve been overtly aware that they were being played but they appear to have been slightly naive in not questioning the Chinese interest in a tiny wee country off the northern coast of Europe."

“You must always ask what is in it for them? The answer is that anything that seeks to weaken the UK state would be good for China, not to mention Russia and Iran. It all boils down to the strategic importance of Scotland and the UK’s nuclear deterrent at Faslane. When you peel away the layers of the onion, you always come back to Faslane."

“Why are they trying to get close to Scotland? It is because Scotland is seen as a weak point of entry into the UK state.”

In July 2015, just eight months after she became First Minister, Ms Sturgeon visited China as a guest of the CPAFFC and met Yang Jiechi, director of Beijing’s Central Foreign Affairs Commission. The following year, she welcomed the CPAFFC’s vice-president Song Jingwu to her office at Holyrood, where she thanked the organisation for its “hospitality and great support”.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 14:54 - Jan 16 with 671 viewsCatullus

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 12:56 - Jan 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Our political system has been seriously compromised for over 25 years. It’s just because it’s the “commies” are doing it now that’s woken you up Cat

What? I have been moaning about the state of all of our politicians for years. When have I ever said much good about any of them?

Your problem is, every time I've criticised labour you tried to paint me as a tory supporter. Now I'm moaning about the tories and the Chinese 'influencer' and that's wrong too. Is that because she's given hundreds of thousands to Labour MP's?

I've moaned about the Russians and according to trampie that's wrong.

When are those of you with affiliation to a certain party going to wake up, they are all rubbish and we need major change.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 15:01 - Jan 16 with 666 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Calling Sturgeon a useful idiot is unfair, in what way is she useful?

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 15:04 - Jan 16 with 664 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 14:36 - Jan 16 by Ajack_Kerouac

Ms Lee, who donated £500,000 to Labour MP Barry Gardiner over six years mainly to cover staffing costs in his office and employed her son as his diary manager, works closely with the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC).

In October 2020, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the CPAFFC had “sought to directly and malignly influence” state and local leaders to promote China’s global agenda.
Alarmingly, Mr Pompeo said the organisation was tasked with “co-opting subnational governments”.
Nicola Sturgeon has long-standing ties to the CPAFFC, having visited China as their guest on several occasions and even welcoming the vice-president to the Scottish Parliament.

Stuart Crawford, a former army officer and SNP defence spokesman who now works as a defence and security commentator, said there were serious questions for the Scottish Government to answer.
He said:
“If the US State department has stated that publicly, we can safely assume this organisation has a dual mandate, at best."
“You could say they have found a useful idiot in Nicola Sturgeon".
“The Scottish Government and Nicola Sturgeon would have been flattered by the attention and of course she is always seeking to present herself as a leader on the world stage."
“I wouldn’t go as far as saying she or the Scottish Government would’ve been overtly aware that they were being played but they appear to have been slightly naive in not questioning the Chinese interest in a tiny wee country off the northern coast of Europe."

“You must always ask what is in it for them? The answer is that anything that seeks to weaken the UK state would be good for China, not to mention Russia and Iran. It all boils down to the strategic importance of Scotland and the UK’s nuclear deterrent at Faslane. When you peel away the layers of the onion, you always come back to Faslane."

“Why are they trying to get close to Scotland? It is because Scotland is seen as a weak point of entry into the UK state.”

In July 2015, just eight months after she became First Minister, Ms Sturgeon visited China as a guest of the CPAFFC and met Yang Jiechi, director of Beijing’s Central Foreign Affairs Commission. The following year, she welcomed the CPAFFC’s vice-president Song Jingwu to her office at Holyrood, where she thanked the organisation for its “hospitality and great support”.

He’s employing her son? Well that’s dodgy in itself although cronyism and nepotism is never far from Westminster, especially when there’s money changing hands.

There are two possible explanations to what has happened here. It’s either blatant corruption or gross negligence. I’m not sure what is worse.
Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 18:53 - Jan 16 with 637 viewsCatullus

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 15:04 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

He’s employing her son? Well that’s dodgy in itself although cronyism and nepotism is never far from Westminster, especially when there’s money changing hands.

There are two possible explanations to what has happened here. It’s either blatant corruption or gross negligence. I’m not sure what is worse.

I think it's both. This isn't just one party accepting this Chinese money, it's Tory and Labour and maybe others. It seriously brings into question the decision making if our politicians aren't questioning why this Chinese person is throwing massive sums of money at politicians. The Chinese want to influence Westminster decisions and from the looks of it, they've succeeded.

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 19:45 - Jan 16 with 627 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 18:53 - Jan 16 by Catullus

I think it's both. This isn't just one party accepting this Chinese money, it's Tory and Labour and maybe others. It seriously brings into question the decision making if our politicians aren't questioning why this Chinese person is throwing massive sums of money at politicians. The Chinese want to influence Westminster decisions and from the looks of it, they've succeeded.

The selection process for MPs needs reform we are surrounded by incompetent MPs. Alternatively the accountability rules made so tight that we dismiss anyone demonstrating incompetence. How on earth did we end up having a choice between Corbyn and Johnson?

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 19:46 - Jan 16 with 627 viewsjack_lord

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 18:53 - Jan 16 by Catullus

Parliament is in many parts rotten to the core where people are buying politicians.

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 20:38 - Jan 16 with 615 viewsCatullus

FAO JACKMANANDBOY and Jack Lord, what both of you have said I entirely agree with and have been saying for ages.

It's not just the government or the tories that are corrupt and rotten to the core, it's the whole system.

We have family members being parachuted into safe seats, people like Stephen Kinnock in my constituency, it's a disgrace. No wonder UK politics has been rubbish for so long when families start looking after each other and probably making decision based on what serves their family the best. No wonder voters have switched off from politics in droves. here in Wales there has never been a turnout that broke 50%, over half the voters here have never voted. I know several people who say it doesn't matter who I vote for, it makes no difference, that has to change.

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 21:04 - Jan 16 with 607 viewsDr_Winston

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 20:38 - Jan 16 by Catullus

FAO JACKMANANDBOY and Jack Lord, what both of you have said I entirely agree with and have been saying for ages.

It's not just the government or the tories that are corrupt and rotten to the core, it's the whole system.

We have family members being parachuted into safe seats, people like Stephen Kinnock in my constituency, it's a disgrace. No wonder UK politics has been rubbish for so long when families start looking after each other and probably making decision based on what serves their family the best. No wonder voters have switched off from politics in droves. here in Wales there has never been a turnout that broke 50%, over half the voters here have never voted. I know several people who say it doesn't matter who I vote for, it makes no difference, that has to change.

The Kinnocks have had their noses in the troughs for years.

Nobody should be allowed to stand for a seat in Parliament unless they've lived in it for a minimum of five years. That will cut a lot of this shit out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 21:13 - Jan 16 with 605 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 21:04 - Jan 16 by Dr_Winston

The Kinnocks have had their noses in the troughs for years.

Nobody should be allowed to stand for a seat in Parliament unless they've lived in it for a minimum of five years. That will cut a lot of this shit out.

I would add having 20 years of life experience outside of politics and holding a position of responsibility demanding some intellectual prowess for at least 5 years.

We need to get rid of the professional politicians.

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 21:17 - Jan 16 with 603 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 20:38 - Jan 16 by Catullus

It's incredible really, you can't be a doctor, lawyer or an engineer for example without proper training and to have demonstrated competence..........but you can run the country.

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 21:21 - Jan 16 with 601 viewsDr_Winston

Chinese Spy funding Labour MP on 21:13 - Jan 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

I would add having 20 years of life experience outside of politics and holding a position of responsibility demanding some intellectual prowess for at least 5 years.

We need to get rid of the professional politicians.

20 might be excessive, but I'd want at least ten years of actual proper work experience. Preferably in the private sector.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024