Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Passport Hiatus. 12:53 - Apr 27 with 3746 viewsonehunglow

Conflicting report on TV today regarding passport expiry.

Simply ,you r passport is valid for 9yrs 9 months SINCE IT WAS ISSUED.

Our passports expire 2023 but technically they are not valid to travel this June ,when we are travelling.
Check it out folks a many are finding themselves walking into a problem at the Airport by being refused to travel.

It basically means a trip to the Passport Office to get one within 7 days and pay!£142 for the privilege. An utter legal scam as its "£85 on line but it is now an expected 10 week wait to be sent your passport.

Johnson has threatened to privatise the Passport Office

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:16 - Apr 27 with 2302 viewsKilkennyjack

Spoiler alert. Johnson only cares about his own passport.

Beware of the Risen People

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:28 - Apr 27 with 2293 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:16 - Apr 27 by Kilkennyjack

I don't give a monkeys about Johnson
The purpose of my post was to bring this to people's attention as many are experiencing problems when they turn up at the airport.

The Passport Hiatus. on 14:23 - Apr 27 with 2274 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Correct people need to check they have a valid passport.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Passport Hiatus. on 14:25 - Apr 27 with 2273 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:16 - Apr 27 by Kilkennyjack

Trouble is the staff in the passports just don't care. They are either working from home or their unions say it is too dangerous to work. If they don't turn up for work they should not expect to be paid.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Passport Hiatus. on 16:47 - Apr 27 with 2243 viewsEbo

The Passport Hiatus. on 14:25 - Apr 27 by felixstowe_jack

Trouble is the staff in the passports just don't care. They are either working from home or their unions say it is too dangerous to work. If they don't turn up for work they should not expect to be paid.

The passport office has always had a backlog of applications. I remember about 8 years ago my Mr's lost her passport and we were due to fly in 6 weeks. The office was really under pressure then and it was well documented that people who had applied months before still had not received theirs.

Thanks to our local labour MP who we contacted on a thursday, we had the new passport back by the monday.

It is not an old issue. The passport office is understaffed.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Passport Hiatus. on 20:25 - Apr 27 with 2210 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 16:47 - Apr 27 by Ebo

The passport office has always had a backlog of applications. I remember about 8 years ago my Mr's lost her passport and we were due to fly in 6 weeks. The office was really under pressure then and it was well documented that people who had applied months before still had not received theirs.

Thanks to our local labour MP who we contacted on a thursday, we had the new passport back by the monday.

It is not an old issue. The passport office is understaffed.

Call I had from Passport office today went like this

"I d like to renew my passport and would like to fast track it"

"You have to make appointment Sir"

"Thanks, can I do that then"

"No appointments available Sir"

"You just said I could "

"No appointments available "

"So I can't fast track,nor collect from a Passport Office even though that is your advice"

"No appointments available Sir due to backlog"

"Are you the help line"

"Yes Sir"

"Can you help me to renew my passport in time for my holidays in 6 weeks time"

"You have to go on line Sir"

We cancelled the holiday

The Passport Hiatus. on 20:53 - Apr 27 with 2185 views73__73

More incompetence from civil servants. Sack them all.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:40 - Apr 27 with 2174 viewsWingstandwood

It does appear that various governemt dept's appear to be understaffed because many people are maybe (despite vaccines and miniscule risk) just too afraid to turn up because of Covid?

I urge them and others to be inspired by evoking the spirit of NHS workers, ASDA workers, Police, armed forces, care home workers, riggers/steel erectors, power plant workers etc, etc, etc.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:43 - Apr 27 with 2169 viewspikeypaul

Just like the DVLA they have done jack for over 2 years and aided by their far left unions are desperate for this to continue.
The sooner the DVLA is shut down and the work passed to people who are actually prepared to work the better,and the scum unions will be to blame.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:47 - Apr 27 with 2168 viewsFlashberryjack

The Passport Hiatus. on 20:53 - Apr 27 by 73__73

Don't sack them all, just sack the high earning civil servants running it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:50 - Apr 27 with 2157 viewsFlashberryjack

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:43 - Apr 27 by pikeypaul

Just like the DVLA they have done jack for over 2 years and aided by their far left unions are desperate for this to continue.
The sooner the DVLA is shut down and the work passed to people who are actually prepared to work the better,and the scum unions will be to blame.

Again, don't sack the Indians, sack the lefty chiefs

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:56 - Apr 27 with 2148 viewsWingstandwood

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:43 - Apr 27 by pikeypaul

I prewarned (common sense hey!) about this and what I predicted is now being mentioned in the papers weeks later because idiots have given the government the perfect excuse to close the place and relocate.

The union and some employees say the place is unsafe so the government can now come up with the perfect excuse under the guise of worker health and safety and say "we're with you on this and will move to somewhere safer in England".

I honestly believe not everyone in the DVLA is neither that militant or that stupid. The one's turning up may be thinking along the same lines? In fact I reckon many are now sh1tting a br1ck because of the selfishness of others. I wonder if a lot of these 'militants' are reaching retirement age and want the place to shut anyhow?

It would be a crying shame if Swansea loses thousands of jobs now and for future generations because of Kamikaze own-goal union strategy!

Argus!

The Passport Hiatus. on 22:08 - Apr 27 with 2136 viewsWingstandwood

The Passport Hiatus. on 21:47 - Apr 27 by Flashberryjack

Don't sack them all, just sack the high earning civil servants running it.

I reckon you have twigged just like myself and no doubt many others that common sense, critical thinking ability and awareness is E-minus stuff at managerial/shop steward/union leader level in that place. A plus for stupidity however!

Argus!

The Passport Hiatus. on 00:30 - Apr 28 with 2102 viewsmajorraglan

Pre pandemic the Passport Office dealt with about 7m applications per year, during the Pandemic that went down to 9m over 2 years, a drop of 5m. This year is expected to see 9.5m passport applications instead of the usual pre pandemic 7m as people who didn't renew during Covid submit their applications.

Last year the Government were looking at recruiting an extra 1700 workers to deal with the expected upsurge, but it looks like they only managed to get 300-400 by the year end and by all accounts a significant number of the people they employed were actually agency workers who are reported as being under skilled. There are also less staff working in HMPO than there were at the start of austerity. Totally agree with posters the service isn’t good enough and while home working could be a factor, I think failing to recruit enough staff of the requisite standard in sufficient time is more of an issue - questions need to be asked of the Ministers and senior managers running the HMPO.

It’s easy for Boris to stand up and blame others, but it’s his team who’re in charge. It’s not just the Passport Office, the Border Force/Immigration Service is under performing with huge queues at passport control, Probation Services and Courts are in a mess, the debacle around the fall of Afghanistan. There’s a pattern here and some of the issues start at the top.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 1:08]
The Passport Hiatus. on 09:04 - Apr 28 with 2049 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 00:30 - Apr 28 by majorraglan

Pre pandemic the Passport Office dealt with about 7m applications per year, during the Pandemic that went down to 9m over 2 years, a drop of 5m. This year is expected to see 9.5m passport applications instead of the usual pre pandemic 7m as people who didn't renew during Covid submit their applications.

Last year the Government were looking at recruiting an extra 1700 workers to deal with the expected upsurge, but it looks like they only managed to get 300-400 by the year end and by all accounts a significant number of the people they employed were actually agency workers who are reported as being under skilled. There are also less staff working in HMPO than there were at the start of austerity. Totally agree with posters the service isn’t good enough and while home working could be a factor, I think failing to recruit enough staff of the requisite standard in sufficient time is more of an issue - questions need to be asked of the Ministers and senior managers running the HMPO.

It’s easy for Boris to stand up and blame others, but it’s his team who’re in charge. It’s not just the Passport Office, the Border Force/Immigration Service is under performing with huge queues at passport control, Probation Services and Courts are in a mess, the debacle around the fall of Afghanistan. There’s a pattern here and some of the issues start at the top.

Thanks for that eloquent reply.Thank also to the others and hope it raises awareness .

We rebooked another in October and will use our home as a base and get out into Wales more so hope they don't introduce that Tax for Tourist.

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:18 - Apr 28 with 2030 viewsSTID2017

The Passport Hiatus. on 13:28 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

I don't give a monkeys about Johnson
The purpose of my post was to bring this to people's attention as many are experiencing problems when they turn up at the airport.

Good to raise it again.
There was a post on this subject earlier this year after a woman got taken off a plane at Bristol

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:23 - Apr 28 with 2024 viewsdemonk

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:04 - Apr 28 by onehunglow

Thanks for that eloquent reply.Thank also to the others and hope it raises awareness .

We rebooked another in October and will use our home as a base and get out into Wales more so hope they don't introduce that Tax for Tourist.

Listening radio yest some saying it's been over 10 months waiting for passport . October might be too soon hope they sort it for you by then
The Passport Hiatus. on 09:39 - Apr 28 with 1999 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 09:23 - Apr 28 by demonk

Listening radio yest some saying it's been over 10 months waiting for passport . October might be too soon hope they sort it for you by then

Thanks.
5 months should do it.
By October ,I might be past caring .

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 1984 viewsmajorraglan

We went to Spain in March, wife’s passport had just about 3.5 months left on it when we went and 3 months 4 days when we returned, we didn’t have any issues. Her passport didn’t have any additional time from an early renewal and was the standard 10 years.
The Passport Hiatus. on 10:49 - Apr 28 with 1969 viewsonehunglow

The Passport Hiatus. on 10:24 - Apr 28 by majorraglan

We went to Spain in March, wife’s passport had just about 3.5 months left on it when we went and 3 months 4 days when we returned, we didn’t have any issues. Her passport didn’t have any additional time from an early renewal and was the standard 10 years.

It’s a gamble though and I don’t bet .

I’ve cancelled the bloody thing and will probably end up in Anglesey. I might end up seeing fireboy

The Passport Hiatus. on 11:34 - Apr 28 with 1958 viewsCountyJim

Personally think that the government should give everyone a 18 month extension on passports we took our new ones out in 20 haven't been able to use them so in effect we have 7 and half years passports
The Passport Hiatus. on 11:41 - Apr 28 with 1950 viewspikeypaul

The Passport Hiatus. on 11:34 - Apr 28 by CountyJim

Personally think that the government should give everyone a 18 month extension on passports we took our new ones out in 20 haven't been able to use them so in effect we have 7 and half years passports

Bit stupid taking them out in 2020 if you could not use them wasn’t it? 😂😂😂😂😂

But I’d expect nothing different from your type.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Passport Hiatus. on 11:43 - Apr 28 with 1948 viewsCountyJim

The Passport Hiatus. on 11:41 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

Bit stupid taking them out in 2020 if you could not use them wasn’t it? 😂😂😂😂😂

But I’d expect nothing different from your type.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Well put in December 19 so less of smart arse comments
The Passport Hiatus. on 12:43 - Apr 28 with 1933 viewsProfessor

The Passport Hiatus. on 00:30 - Apr 28 by majorraglan

There are also significant problems with the Animals in Science Regulatory Unit in the Home Office with staff shortages, delays and changes to working practices-mainly to reduce the level of inspection and replace with a paper audit trail.
The Passport Hiatus. on 21:26 - Apr 28 with 1846 viewsEbo

The Passport Hiatus. on 20:53 - Apr 27 by 73__73

This is the classic tory strategy of cutting staff and funding so that they have the excuse to privatise it. We will then pay more while they make a profit.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024