Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 23:54 - Jul 24 with 2722 viewsKerouac

...is a top class footballer who is being scapegoated, sacrificed on the alter of our, frankly, clueless manager.

Yeah, yeah, I know...what does old Kerouac know? He's never managed in the Championship. Right?

Well I know a little bit. My background in football is solid. I have taken crap teams and turned them into good teams...and I have been watching the Swans 25 years.

It is criminal what some are doing to this boy on this forum, it must affect his confidence.
He has consistently been among the top performers in a Swans shirt for 4 seasons now in the Championship;
- the boy works
- the boy has a brain
- the boy has good technique
- the boy can see a pass and play it under pressure at the crucial time
- the boy takes responsibility and often cleans up team mates' mess.
- the boy can also shoot and score...but this aspect of the game is linked to confidence and he is increasingly struggling in this area of his game.

The reason why the ball is moved slow is because of the way the manager sets the team up and the lack of intelligent movement off the ball...quite frankly, a lot of the players around him aren't quite good enough.
I am sure Piroe is grateful to have Grimes in the team though, even though it seems a large chunk of our fans are not.

Get off his back and start holding the manager accountable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Matt Grimes on 23:54 - Jul 24 with 1951 viewsFireboy2

Here we go 🙄
Matt Grimes on 00:05 - Jul 25 with 1917 viewsKerouac

Matt Grimes on 23:54 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

Here we go 🙄

Excited at telling us your thoughts on football and the talent (or lack of) of Matt Grimes?

Matt Grimes on 00:13 - Jul 25 with 1900 viewsAndyCole

Grimes is the perennial manager's top pick as captain and now leader of brand Martin.

And yet the stupid sheeeeeple here have the stupidity to constantly criticise captain Grimes, yet at the same time time laud Martin. Hecking twps. Twps, ins so many ways.

Only the twps here are unable to see Grimes for what he is - el capitan, el leader extraordinaire.

Head and shoulders carries the team and brand Martine.

Martine would be lost and utterly failed without him

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Matt Grimes on 00:34 - Jul 25 with 1891 viewsTreforys_Jack

Matt Grimes on 00:13 - Jul 25 by AndyCole

Grimes is the perennial manager's top pick as captain and now leader of brand Martin.

And yet the stupid sheeeeeple here have the stupidity to constantly criticise captain Grimes, yet at the same time time laud Martin. Hecking twps. Twps, ins so many ways.

Only the twps here are unable to see Grimes for what he is - el capitan, el leader extraordinaire.

He's a decent DM, no more, hence the lack of other clubs interest in him. For someone who's been on virtually every deadball situation for the last 3 seasons, his lack of end product is startling. The others must be truly shocking if he's the best we have and something that needs sorting pronto.
Matt Grimes on 02:31 - Jul 25 with 1854 viewsBadlands

.is a top class footballer who is being scapegoated, sacrificed on the alter of our, frankly, clueless manager
Not a top class footballer… solid but slow
How is he being made a scapegoat?
Martin has retained him as captain, played him every game and always praised him so to say he is being sacrificed by a clueless manager is just silly.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Matt Grimes on 02:47 - Jul 25 with 1851 viewsKerouac

Matt Grimes on 02:31 - Jul 25 by Badlands

.is a top class footballer who is being scapegoated, sacrificed on the alter of our, frankly, clueless manager
Not a top class footballer… solid but slow
How is he being made a scapegoat?
Martin has retained him as captain, played him every game and always praised him so to say he is being sacrificed by a clueless manager is just silly.

Re: Silly

I didn't say Grimes was being sacrificed by Martin.

What I said is that Grimes is being sacrificed by some clueless fans who are scapegoating (holding responsible) Grimes for the poor play rather than Martin.

I will make you a bet (bookmark this).
Grimes will run down his contract and then leave us for a club higher up the pyramid, whereas Martin will tumble down the pyramid.
Do you want to take that bet?

Matt Grimes on 04:53 - Jul 25 with 1827 viewsjojaca

Grimes is the least of our worries when looking at strengthening areas of the squad. But he is just your average run of the mill championship 6/10 every week midfielder.

Even when you know, you never know?

Matt Grimes on 06:46 - Jul 25 with 1795 viewsangryjack

Grimes is a good footballer,and Martin style of play is no good for him,he's the type of midfielder who can pick a pass in quick attacking football with runners off the ball,Martins football is slow and pedestrianised
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes on 07:04 - Jul 25 with 1779 viewsbuilthjack

A poor dead ball taker though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matt Grimes on 07:42 - Jul 25 with 1735 viewsmagicdaps10

Grimes has it but he certainly needs to up his game,a few players by passed him last year as shown by Downes move to WHU.
Big season coming up for the captain.

Interested to know your background, what teams have you turned around Kerouac?
Just wondering if our paths might have met.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Matt Grimes on 07:56 - Jul 25 with 1713 viewsWhiterockin

Grimes is a decent footballer at Championship level and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. But IMO should he be captain no, should he take the set plays no.

In the original post it was mentioned about posts on here upsetting him. Any professional footballer who uses or reads social media should expect what they get unfortunately. I really think they should avoid it, it is a breeding ground for extreme opinions and bound to offend occasionally.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Matt Grimes on 08:15 - Jul 25 with 1681 viewsSTID2017

Matt Grimes on 07:56 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

Grimes is a decent footballer at Championship level and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. But IMO should he be captain no, should he take the set plays no.

In the original post it was mentioned about posts on here upsetting him. Any professional footballer who uses or reads social media should expect what they get unfortunately. I really think they should avoid it, it is a breeding ground for extreme opinions and bound to offend occasionally.

Agree I think Grimes is far too professional to allow any negativity from fans, either live at games or on social media, affect him.
I agree that he should not be captain or taking dead ball kicks,.
Should hopefully see him express himself more alongside Joe Allen this season.
Not the best midfielder we have had but a solid performer usually

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Matt Grimes on 08:44 - Jul 25 with 1640 viewsonehunglow

I simply do not agree with Kerouac.
Our main issue at at Keeper.
Every team needs a confident ,assured man between the sticks.
I stand by every word I have every posted regarding Grimes and in no way does this of any other forum affect him.If it does,it shows he is weak.
That said, like most if not all of our players,he is being ruined by Martin.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Grimes on 08:45 - Jul 25 with 1638 viewsWhiterockin

Matt Grimes on 08:15 - Jul 25 by STID2017

Agree I think Grimes is far too professional to allow any negativity from fans, either live at games or on social media, affect him.

The midfield will be interesting this season, I can see Fulton staying and playing a bit part, albeit an expensive one. Congreve is going to be a star in a couple of months and I expect Ben Lloyd to breakthrough later in the season.

Matt Grimes on 08:50 - Jul 25 with 1627 viewsunion_jack

Matt Grimes on 00:13 - Jul 25 by AndyCole

He’s a lot better than his performances generally show week in week out. That’s down to Martin)s style I’m sure.

A nice guy for sure, quite composed mentally and physically on the pitch. But a leader he is not!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Matt Grimes on 08:50 - Jul 25 with 1627 viewsFireboy2

Matt Grimes on 08:15 - Jul 25 by STID2017

I'm hoping that grimes will be released further upfield when Joe is fit as he is too negative whether people think there is or is not any movement up front plus he is awful at free kicks and corners but who else is there.
Matt Grimes on 08:50 - Jul 25 with 1627 viewsSTID2017

Matt Grimes on 08:45 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

The midfield will be interesting this season, I can see Fulton staying and playing a bit part, albeit an expensive one. Congreve is going to be a star in a couple of months and I expect Ben Lloyd to breakthrough later in the season.

I don't know much about Ben Lloyd.
I was very in with Congreve at Forest and thought the same. Very mature for his years.
Fulton seems to be going nowhere and RM has been clearly including him, so think he will be dipping in and out of the squad

Matt Grimes on 08:51 - Jul 25 with 1627 viewsnantywatcher

Excellent post - absolutely nailed it.
Matt Grimes on 08:54 - Jul 25 with 1613 viewsSTID2017

Matt Grimes on 08:50 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

I'm hoping that grimes will be released further upfield when Joe is fit as he is too negative whether people think there is or is not any movement up front plus he is awful at free kicks and corners but who else is there.

Pato is far better at corners.
Direct free kicks - maybe Piroe ?
Indirect - Naughton ?

Matt Grimes on 08:59 - Jul 25 with 1603 viewsnantywatcher

Matt Grimes on 08:54 - Jul 25 by STID2017

Pato is far better at corners.
Direct free kicks - maybe Piroe ?
Indirect - Naughton ?

Surprising how no-one on here saw our first goal on Saturday.
Matt Grimes on 09:08 - Jul 25 with 1574 viewsSTID2017

Matt Grimes on 08:59 - Jul 25 by nantywatcher

Surprising how no-one on here saw our first goal on Saturday.

Grimes corner landed in the middle of the box, headed down for Piroe's strike.
How many deadballs that Grimes has taken have we been successful with though ?
That is the first I can remember in a long time

Matt Grimes on 09:18 - Jul 25 with 1556 viewsWhiterockin

Matt Grimes on 09:08 - Jul 25 by STID2017

Grimes corner landed in the middle of the box, headed down for Piroe's strike.
How many deadballs that Grimes has taken have we been successful with though ?
That is the first I can remember in a long time

Hopefully the new restart coach had something to do with the play. If so and we see more improvement obviously I will take back what I have stated, but one set play is not enough to make me currently change my mind.

Matt Grimes on 09:22 - Jul 25 with 1541 viewsSTID2017

Matt Grimes on 09:18 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

Hopefully the new restart coach had something to do with the play. If so and we see more improvement obviously I will take back what I have stated, but one set play is not enough to make me currently change my mind.

Agreed

Matt Grimes on 09:36 - Jul 25 with 1505 viewsFireboy2

Matt Grimes on 09:22 - Jul 25 by STID2017

Agreed

Seconded, one swallow does not make a summer.
Matt Grimes on 10:17 - Jul 25 with 1457 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes on 07:04 - Jul 25 by builthjack

A poor dead ball taker though.

Apparently Parslow,is right on to him regard’s this .

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024