Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we sack Russ 18:06 - Aug 6 with 12848 viewsguthrieintherain

Should we sack Russ

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Should we sack Russ on 18:25 - Aug 6 with 4397 viewsonehunglow

who the feck voted No

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Should we sack Russ on 18:35 - Aug 6 with 4379 viewsguthrieintherain

Should we sack Russ on 18:25 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

who the feck voted No

I think it was Russ

Should we sack Russ on 18:38 - Aug 6 with 4336 viewsonehunglow

Should we sack Russ on 18:35 - Aug 6 by guthrieintherain

I think it was Russ

Is it his teeth,his hair that does it for me.Im not sure. I want to smack him so badly

Should we sack Russ on 18:51 - Aug 6 with 4324 viewsshingle

Obviously ASAP and then produce a name and shame list of the many clueless on here who genuinely thought and unbelievably still do still do in a few cases that Martin was some sort of Messiah and not the smooth talking fraud we sadly have managing us.
Should we sack Russ on 19:24 - Aug 6 with 4244 viewsAndyCole

Should we sack Russ on 18:51 - Aug 6 by shingle

Obviously ASAP and then produce a name and shame list of the many clueless on here who genuinely thought and unbelievably still do still do in a few cases that Martin was some sort of Messiah and not the smooth talking fraud we sadly have managing us.

I think we all know who they are by their constant non-sensical nonsense bleated noisily over the past 12 months.

Back of the class for the gang, where they always belong.

The name and shame list would be hilarious though........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Should we sack Russ on 19:25 - Aug 6 with 4254 viewsBarrySwan

Must confess I'm struggling identify what exactly he's brought to the club?

Apart from some very unimpressive goalkeeping and general mediocrity around the pitch.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 19:31]
Should we sack Russ on 19:34 - Aug 6 with 4217 viewsSirjohnalot

Should we sack Russ on 18:51 - Aug 6 by shingle

Happily put my name on the list

Sirjohnalot.
Should we sack Russ on 19:36 - Aug 6 with 4208 viewsblackswan

Keeps making the same mistakes and expects a different result have given him time but honestly don't think he is up to it sack Monday please
Login to get fewer ads

Should we sack Russ on 19:47 - Aug 6 with 4173 viewsBryanSwan

Unlike most on here i have not been clamouring for the manager to be sacked since last September.
I like to give our managers a chance and a good amount of time to implement their style and see how it works out.
The first two games of this season have been very worrying, although i would maybe err on the side of "no" currently and only just, if the next 2 or 3 games don't see a huge improvement i would be voting "yes"

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Should we sack Russ on 19:53 - Aug 6 with 4158 viewsSirjohnalot

Should we sack Russ on 19:47 - Aug 6 by BryanSwan

Unlike most on here i have not been clamouring for the manager to be sacked since last September.
I like to give our managers a chance and a good amount of time to implement their style and see how it works out.
The first two games of this season have been very worrying, although i would maybe err on the side of "no" currently and only just, if the next 2 or 3 games don't see a huge improvement i would be voting "yes"

Funnily enough, I wasn’t too worried after Rotherham as we made enough chances to bury them. This was different. Still give a couple of games I’d say, but, oh dear, needs a big improvement
Should we sack Russ on 19:54 - Aug 6 with 4132 viewsonehunglow

We might squabble Bryan but ,seriously,we need to get rid of this man asap.
It matters not who was right about him in the first place.
Martin is a very good salesman and a a former Sales Consultant,I d would have employed him. He sell well,even if it is himself. The public is often taken in by top sales people and Martin is a top sales person.

Should we sack Russ on 20:16 - Aug 6 with 4108 viewsBryanSwan

Should we sack Russ on 19:53 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

Funnily enough, I wasn’t too worried after Rotherham as we made enough chances to bury them. This was different. Still give a couple of games I’d say, but, oh dear, needs a big improvement

I have never been one to jump straight into wanting a manager gone, barring the esteemed Bob Bradley.
Today was worrying, especially considering it was the 1st game of the season at home.
Blackpool and Millwall are now huge games.

Should we sack Russ on 20:37 - Aug 6 with 4052 viewsSirjohnalot

Should we sack Russ on 20:16 - Aug 6 by BryanSwan

I have never been one to jump straight into wanting a manager gone, barring the esteemed Bob Bradley.
Today was worrying, especially considering it was the 1st game of the season at home.
Blackpool and Millwall are now huge games.

In reality though, can we afford to do it ? Struggling to buy players. How would they finance it ? Not sure how long his contract is
Should we sack Russ on 20:40 - Aug 6 with 4038 viewsguthrieintherain

Should we sack Russ on 20:37 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

In reality though, can we afford to do it ? Struggling to buy players. How would they finance it ? Not sure how long his contract is

Gardening leave possibly.

Should we sack Russ on 20:42 - Aug 6 with 4029 viewsKeithHaynes

who the feck voted No

Me

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Should we sack Russ on 20:48 - Aug 6 with 4011 viewsBryanSwan

Should we sack Russ on 20:37 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

Club finances aren't really my thing, Downes has brought in a fair whack. If we could shift some of the dead wood wages that'd help too.
If we are really struggling could we afford bot to get rid?

Should we sack Russ on 20:50 - Aug 6 with 4003 viewsFireboy2

I'm in the same boat as you Bryan.
Should we sack Russ on 21:06 - Aug 6 with 3972 viewsQJumpingJack

The cost of sacking Martin and his large back room staff suggests he may have some time in the short to medium term.
Should we sack Russ on 21:22 - Aug 6 with 3892 viewsonehunglow

Relegation would be far costlier in every way.

We could drop like a stone unless matters are sorted.
This fella will not save us

This season ,we simply need to hang on and hope he buggers off .

Should we sack Russ on 21:28 - Aug 6 with 3883 viewsAndyCole

Should we sack Russ on 19:34 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

Happily put my name on the list

Sirjohnalot.

You need to do far better than that John. Dig deeper and offer something of rational hope for the believers.

So give us your best rationale for supporting Martinball right now. You're very best technical insight instead of the usual nonsense spouted by the unthinking here.

Far too many have been hiding behind blind faith. The blind faith of the meek sheeple.

C'mon John lead the sheeple to rational pastures...........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Should we sack Russ on 21:40 - Aug 6 with 3825 viewsangryjack

Should we sack Russ on 18:38 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Is it his teeth,his hair that does it for me.Im not sure. I want to smack him so badly

I think yhey are coming around to what we Been saying for a while
Should we sack Russ on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 3826 viewsSTID2017

who the feck voted No

Eight of us.
I give him until the end of September to improve ( that is 11 league games in total )

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Should we sack Russ on 21:46 - Aug 6 with 3793 viewsSirjohnalot

Should we sack Russ on 21:28 - Aug 6 by AndyCole

You need to do far better than that John. Dig deeper and offer something of rational hope for the believers.

So give us your best rationale for supporting Martinball right now. You're very best technical insight instead of the usual nonsense spouted by the unthinking here.

Far too many have been hiding behind blind faith. The blind faith of the meek sheeple.

C'mon John lead the sheeple to rational pastures...........

For start, stop behaving like a prat , there’s no need for it. People have differing views, stop having a go at people just because they have a different view to you. I’ve had a few complaints about your posts and have not deleted them but please just post politely.

To answer your question, and if you have read my earlier posts, I am starting to lose faith in what he is trying to do. The theory behind it makes sense, trying to pass the ball at speed, tire the other team out and then put it away when their fitness goes is a sound one.

However the continual messing around at the back, aimless passing around with no clear end goal is testing everyone’s patience plus his complete refusal to do anything else is bewildering.

It is only the second game of the season. I’d imagine he will be given to the end of September so we will have the transfer window plus a month to see where we are. If we lose the next few league games in the matter we lost today whilst sticking rigidly to this system, he may go earlier.

Personally, I think the players and fans will do it for him in the end.
Should we sack Russ on 21:47 - Aug 6 with 3778 viewsDr_Parnassus

So…

19th in his first season
13th in his second season
15th in his third season
22nd currently in his fourth season

Can someone, anyone, explain to me what it is Martin has done that commands this level of backing and belief in his system? Even though it has failed in every single season he has tried it.

I’ve never seen anything like this in my life before. It’s like a different dimension.

At what point do people wake up and get real and end the fluffy cloud dreaming while simultaneously ignoring reality?

It’s getting very much like a cult with these Martin lovers. He’s destroying the club and people seem okay with it.

The loyalty given to a man who would drop us in a heartbeat if someone was stupid enough to take him off our hands is sickening, especially when our club is suffering by enabling this sheer madness to continue.

Pressure needs to be put on ownership now to get rid before we have to waste yet another season on this man and his insane ego and incompetence.

If it means we need to sell Piroe to facilitate it then so be it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Should we sack Russ on 21:54 - Aug 6 with 3754 viewsDr_Parnassus

Should we sack Russ on 21:46 - Aug 6 by Sirjohnalot

For start, stop behaving like a prat , there’s no need for it. People have differing views, stop having a go at people just because they have a different view to you. I’ve had a few complaints about your posts and have not deleted them but please just post politely.

To answer your question, and if you have read my earlier posts, I am starting to lose faith in what he is trying to do. The theory behind it makes sense, trying to pass the ball at speed, tire the other team out and then put it away when their fitness goes is a sound one.

However the continual messing around at the back, aimless passing around with no clear end goal is testing everyone’s patience plus his complete refusal to do anything else is bewildering.

It is only the second game of the season. I’d imagine he will be given to the end of September so we will have the transfer window plus a month to see where we are. If we lose the next few league games in the matter we lost today whilst sticking rigidly to this system, he may go earlier.

Personally, I think the players and fans will do it for him in the end.

“ I am starting to lose faith in what he is trying to do. The theory behind it makes sense, trying to pass the ball at speed, tire the other team out and then put it away when their fitness goes is a sound one “

That is not a sound theory at all. It’s the most negative version of football you could ever think of. Condensing a 90 minute game into a 20 minute one in the faint hope that they will be tired at the end is the epitome of a manager who doesn’t know how to win a game and is devoid of any reality.

Those are the tactics given to a group of inferior kids who don’t have the ability to take on their counterparts.

“Guess what… they will eventually stop running” is the sentence that sums up his managerial ability and will haunt him in the same way Bob Bradley said “P.K.”.

Well they didn’t stop running today, and they didn’t last week…. And they didn’t last season.

Who is this unfit team we are hoping to come up against exactly? I’ve not seen them yet, let alone a league full of them.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024