Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dixon - bonner ? 16:39 - Sep 23 with 7459 viewspaulhoop2

Anyone know where he’s arrived from nothing on the website ( not surprised there ) also been told u21 lost 6 - 0 last week ? Again nothing mentioned

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Dixon - bonner ? on 16:40 - Sep 23 with 6518 viewsdaveB

On trial after being released from Liverpool
Dixon - bonner ? on 16:43 - Sep 23 with 6499 viewspaulhoop2

Any good ?

Dixon - bonner ? on 17:04 - Sep 23 with 6407 viewsdmm

From the 45 mins he played today I'd say he's okay but nothing special. Pedder looks far better in CM than him and I thought Aoraha also did well at DCM.
Dixon - bonner ? on 17:27 - Sep 23 with 6350 viewsaston_hoop

He was better against Cardiff last Friday (5-3 win). Beale would have managed him at Liverpool in age group teams I believe, no harm in having a look at his age. Picking off discarded talent and improving them is what we do

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dixon - bonner ? on 20:51 - Sep 23 with 6044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dixon - bonner ? on 17:27 - Sep 23 by aston_hoop

He was better against Cardiff last Friday (5-3 win). Beale would have managed him at Liverpool in age group teams I believe, no harm in having a look at his age. Picking off discarded talent and improving them is what we do

Agreed.

That's how we got Eze and Chair, and how Wealdstone and Watford got Stuart Pearce and John Barnes after we said no, according to rumours way back when.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dixon - bonner ? on 21:21 - Sep 23 with 5978 viewsQPRSteve

He's 21 and has barely kicked a ball in anger. I think for his own sake he needs to go to a club that will play him.
Dixon - bonner ? on 00:27 - Sep 24 with 5733 viewsLazyFan

Dixon - bonner ? on 21:21 - Sep 23 by QPRSteve

He's 21 and has barely kicked a ball in anger. I think for his own sake he needs to go to a club that will play him.

That's what happens when you are at the big clubs. They need you to be half decent so, they can develop the real talent at your expense.

Look at Max Ehmer left us and has had a long career in the lower leagues. He's played over 350 games of pro football. Might not have made big money but he did it, he had pro football career. And he's only 30 so, could continue even longer and make 500!

zzzzzzzzzz

Dixon - bonner ? on 06:50 - Sep 24 with 5587 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I just looked on his Wiki page, and he has never been out on loan. Surely that must of damaged his development? He is 22 in 3 months time, yet never played a full 90 minutes of senior football, he is then released by Liverpool with no experience.
If he has talent, and he signs, hopefully he would kick on and we sell him for millions!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Dixon - bonner ? on 08:20 - Sep 24 with 5484 viewsWokingR

Dixon - bonner ? on 06:50 - Sep 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I just looked on his Wiki page, and he has never been out on loan. Surely that must of damaged his development? He is 22 in 3 months time, yet never played a full 90 minutes of senior football, he is then released by Liverpool with no experience.
If he has talent, and he signs, hopefully he would kick on and we sell him for millions!!!!

Or Liverpool let him go because he never showed any fight or desire to play.
If you want to play surely you’d be pushing for a loan ?
Dixon - bonner ? on 09:04 - Sep 24 with 5391 viewsdmm

Dixon - bonner ? on 08:20 - Sep 24 by WokingR

You may be right but is that how loans out work? I thought loans out often cost the loaning club, particularly rich ones like Liverpool. And, of course, there may not be a club willing to take a player on loan, particularly if they're too expensive for the loaning club to bring in. Money is not an inconsiderable factor on both sides of the equation.
Dixon - bonner ? on 09:10 - Sep 24 with 5382 viewsQPR_Jim

Dixon - bonner ? on 08:20 - Sep 24 by WokingR

If that was his case and his attitude was part of the problem, Beale would know having worked with him and presumably still knowing some people in the academy. Eze was released numerous times and certainly didn't have an attitude problem and did have the potential, so who knows.

Each player is different and if Beale thinks he can get him up to a standard that will be of use to us then I'd trust him on that. I expect part of that would be getting him a loan and building up his match fitness.
Dixon - bonner ? on 13:09 - Sep 24 with 5106 viewsDavieQPR

Doesn't cost anything to have a look bar a slice of orange at half time.
Dixon - bonner ? on 13:49 - Sep 24 with 5048 viewskensalriser

Dixon - bonner ? on 09:04 - Sep 24 by dmm

You may be right but is that how loans out work? I thought loans out often cost the loaning club, particularly rich ones like Liverpool. And, of course, there may not be a club willing to take a player on loan, particularly if they're too expensive for the loaning club to bring in. Money is not an inconsiderable factor on both sides of the equation.

Had to read this twice before I figured out that when you say loaning club you actually mean borrowing club! If you do, I'm still not entirely sure.

Sorry, the modern mangling of the word loan is a pet peeve. A loaner loans, a borrower borrows.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 13:50]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dixon - bonner ? on 14:02 - Sep 24 with 5028 viewsLoftgirl

Dixon - bonner ? on 13:49 - Sep 24 by kensalriser

Had to read this twice before I figured out that when you say loaning club you actually mean borrowing club! If you do, I'm still not entirely sure.

Sorry, the modern mangling of the word loan is a pet peeve. A loaner loans, a borrower borrows.

Careful, Paul Parker might be monitoring. I'm glad someone else cares about these things.
Dixon - bonner ? on 23:47 - Sep 25 with 4755 viewsDannyPaddox

Not to be confused with “Is that a truncheon in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

Dixon-Boner
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 7:14]
Dixon - bonner ? on 07:08 - Sep 26 with 4618 viewsdmm

Dixon - bonner ? on 13:49 - Sep 24 by kensalriser

I did mean loan and not borrow. Clubs may pay a percentage of a player's wages they loan out.
Dixon - bonner ? on 14:42 - Sep 26 with 4294 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dixon - bonner ? on 07:08 - Sep 26 by dmm

I did mean loan and not borrow. Clubs may pay a percentage of a player's wages they loan out.

I think he means the second time you say the loaning club - in this bit:

"particularly if they're too expensive for the loaning club to bring in."

This should be borrowing club, shouldn't it?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dixon - bonner ? on 15:02 - Sep 26 with 4258 viewsTacticalR

Dixon - bonner ? on 09:10 - Sep 24 by QPR_Jim

If that was his case and his attitude was part of the problem, Beale would know having worked with him and presumably still knowing some people in the academy. Eze was released numerous times and certainly didn't have an attitude problem and did have the potential, so who knows.

Each player is different and if Beale thinks he can get him up to a standard that will be of use to us then I'd trust him on that. I expect part of that would be getting him a loan and building up his match fitness.

I am not sure if you can describe it as an attitude problem, but Eze said in his interview in the Independent in 2020 that he wouldn't adapt to the style of the academies:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/252725/3737995

Air hostess clique

Dixon - bonner ? on 01:06 - Sep 28 with 3867 viewskensalriser

Dixon - bonner ? on 14:42 - Sep 26 by QPR_Hibs

I think he means the second time you say the loaning club - in this bit:

"particularly if they're too expensive for the loaning club to bring in."

This should be borrowing club, shouldn't it?

Yeah that was it. My head hurts.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dixon - bonner ? on 20:46 - Sep 29 with 3471 viewsnottonyfernandes

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1575532662583795712

Just saw this, usually pretty reliable on transfer gossip. Keen to see how he does.
Dixon - bonner ? on 10:05 - Sep 30 with 3172 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I have no doubt the boy has had a great academy education but with very limited real life football this could be an interesting signing, also another midfielder?! Could we not try and stock pile some full backs please?!
Dixon - bonner ? on 10:31 - Sep 30 with 3144 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Dixon - bonner ? on 17:06 - Oct 13 with 2626 viewsaston_hoop

Done deal

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/elijah-dixon-bonner-joins-qpr-131022/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dixon - bonner ? on 17:14 - Oct 13 with 2546 viewsdmm

He'll surely start off in the 21s as, with our CMs, he'll be right down the pecking order in the first team squad.
Dixon - bonner ? on 17:19 - Oct 13 with 2515 viewspaulhoop2

Doubt that MB rates highly as well as Banfield, I recommend will be in and around the squad

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024