Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My tuppance worth 06:52 - Jan 3 with 2042 viewsPlanetHonneywood

First time I’ve seen the Rangers in the flesh in nearly a year and I guess I got lucky with the version that turned up last night.

No one played bad. It was a solid team effort and everyone put a good shift in. I’m sure many of you regular attendees left thinking: why can’t they play with this sense of purpose all the time. In the end it was a typical outcome when you’re a bit low on confidence. Hopefully it’s a line in the sand that can be built on.

Bizarre to say it, but although you could see it coming, I actually didn’t think it would happen! If you get my drift. But it’s just those little things to work on: better delivery into the box; bit more anticipation/adventure of others to get on to things; a fit JoJo; a little more simplicity from Chair; and Willock is holding back - I wonder if it’s an issue of him lacking confidence in his legs.

It’s a crazy league and in the absence of consistency, anything can happen. But as with QPR down the decades however, it’s often the little things that need attending too that would help resolve the bigger things and I actually left in a more positive mood than that I entered with.

Keep the faith and a happy new year my fellow Rfosi.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

My tuppance worth on 09:52 - Jan 3 with 1695 viewsMrSheen

If we could get goals out of free kicks and corners at even the average rate for the league we’ll win a lot of games. The corner count was 14-6 to us over the last two games.
My tuppance worth on 10:03 - Jan 3 with 1654 viewsCateLeBonR

Agreed. It actually reminded me of our game against them at the end of last season where we played well first half and took the lead but they steam-rolled us second half for an easy win. I could see the same thing happening again but the onslaught never came this time. As we got further into injury time I thought we were going to do it
My tuppance worth on 10:09 - Jan 3 with 1633 viewsCateLeBonR

My tuppance worth on 09:52 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

If we could get goals out of free kicks and corners at even the average rate for the league we’ll win a lot of games. The corner count was 14-6 to us over the last two games.

Cardiff we had quite a few corners and free kicks in good positions too but were very wasteful. Paal was worst offender that game but his delivery did improve the last couple of games, just nothing to show for it.
My tuppance worth on 13:05 - Jan 3 with 1464 viewsMrSheen

My tuppance worth on 10:09 - Jan 3 by CateLeBonR

Cardiff we had quite a few corners and free kicks in good positions too but were very wasteful. Paal was worst offender that game but his delivery did improve the last couple of games, just nothing to show for it.

Just checked the Cardiff stats, 20-7 corner count in our last three games, for two points. Total incompetence or significant untapped potential, depending on your mood.
My tuppance worth on 13:13 - Jan 3 with 1433 viewsDevonWhite

My tuppance worth on 09:52 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

Aren't we third best in the division for goals from set pieces? Or at least we were at some point recently.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024