Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Village sports pitches 12:54 - Feb 10 with 1314 viewsbritferry

Should they all now be fenced off to stop everything but organised sports to use them?

I'm reading about sports parks being turned over by kids on motorbikes (Vardre & Skewen) and of course we have the dog walkers not picking up their mess, so they're now being fenced off, so stopping anybody else from the village access to them.

My local pitch was my play ground when I was brought up, its where I learned how to ride a bike, can't imagine not being able to walk across it anymore.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Village sports pitches on 13:05 - Feb 10 with 1299 viewsCountyJim

It's happened in ebbw vale these people just don't care about anyone except themselves
Village sports pitches on 14:10 - Feb 10 with 1277 viewsBoundy

I agree ,the trouble is most sports pitches are in parks which are open to the public etc, Bonymaen Park back a few years ago was considered one of if not he best pitch in Swansea , now seemingly used for the grazing of horses and a bit of a mess , with the council reducing the amount of the times they cut the 2 pitches the previous reputation it had is now a distant memory .
The move towards 4g pitches is slowly happening but not for all , the Half way pitch in Winch Wen has I believe been gifted from the council and is now secured and maintained by the Club (Brynawel)
added team
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 16:04]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Village sports pitches on 15:05 - Feb 10 with 1257 viewsbritferry

Village sports pitches on 14:10 - Feb 10 by Boundy

I agree ,the trouble is most sports pitches are in parks which are open to the public etc, Bonymaen Park back a few years ago was considered one of if not he best pitch in Swansea , now seemingly used for the grazing of horses and a bit of a mess , with the council reducing the amount of the times they cut the 2 pitches the previous reputation it had is now a distant memory .
The move towards 4g pitches is slowly happening but not for all , the Half way pitch in Winch Wen has I believe been gifted from the council and is now secured and maintained by the Club (Brynawel)
added team
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 16:04]

thats the crux of it, the council cutting their costs and off-loading pitches at a piecemeal rent to the detriment of the local community

Village sports pitches on 16:05 - Feb 10 with 1221 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I local clubs have taken over the leases of pitches they are entitled to enclose them to protect them vandalism by the usually suspects. Motor bike riders and dod walkers.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Village sports pitches on 16:10 - Feb 10 with 1216 viewsBoundy

Village sports pitches on 16:05 - Feb 10 by felixstowe_jack

I local clubs have taken over the leases of pitches they are entitled to enclose them to protect them vandalism by the usually suspects. Motor bike riders and dod walkers.

Thats whats a happened in Winch Wen and good on Brynawel for doing so , a pride in the Club and a sense of ownership , long may they exist because if you look at the Swansea League nowadays it's a shame to see so many sides have disappeared

Village sports pitches on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1208 viewsCountyJim

Be nice if the Welsh FA used some world cup money to help clubs fence in grounds
Village sports pitches on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 1161 viewsmajorraglan

I’ve got no issue with pitches being fenced off as long as kids can access the facilities to have a kick about etc. The club where I used to live are trying to fence their pitch now because dog owners aren’t cleaning up their pets mess. It’s causing some bad feeling, but I hope the club stick to their guns.
Village sports pitches on 18:59 - Feb 10 with 1129 viewsangryjack

Village sports pitches on 15:05 - Feb 10 by britferry

thats the crux of it, the council cutting their costs and off-loading pitches at a piecemeal rent to the detriment of the local community

Cutting their costs,seen the price on permits..scandalous
Login to get fewer ads

Village sports pitches on 19:32 - Feb 10 with 1114 viewsSullutaCreturned

Village sports pitches on 18:59 - Feb 10 by angryjack

Maybe people wouldn't mind if the pitches were maintained but my son plays on Cwrt Herbert and the pitches there are awful, they make Townhill look flat!
Village sports pitches on 19:38 - Feb 10 with 1111 viewsbritferry

Village sports pitches on 18:59 - Feb 10 by angryjack

but they then have to employ somebody to process the permits, cut the grass, do any maintenance work, posts & nets, paint the lines and whatever it else the council pretend to do.

If they lease the pitches, then its not their problem anymore

Village sports pitches on 20:37 - Feb 10 with 1099 viewsBoundy

Village sports pitches on 19:38 - Feb 10 by britferry

but they then have to employ somebody to process the permits, cut the grass, do any maintenance work, posts & nets, paint the lines and whatever it else the council pretend to do.

If they lease the pitches, then its not their problem anymore

The council I believe are pushing for just three centres Mynydd Newydd & Tircanol & Ashleigh road the rest taken over by individual clubs ? Penlan have gone Welsh league and with it now fenced off an area of Mynydd ,the league's rapidly contracting and in a few years times if it continues individual pitches will disappear

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024