Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off Thread 19:08 - Apr 29 with 33963 viewsToast_R

Might as well take an interest, its actually more interesting this season then previous ones with the emergence of Luton, Coventry and Millwall having a go. No Norwich or any of the other Yo-Yo clubs as yet.
Hoping West Brom don't sneak in as I'm rather looking forward to them going into a financial mess.

Like to see Coventry go up. Unpopular opinion I know but also think it would be good for football if Luton win the ultimate prize and get in the big time with their hammer and nails stadium.
The Play Off Thread on 18:11 - May 13 with 3375 viewsToast_R

Luton Keeper should be getting to that.
The Play Off Thread on 18:15 - May 13 with 3355 viewsDWQPR

The Play Off Thread on 17:47 - May 13 by NorthantsHoop

Like to see Luton go up, they have really built a good platform to progress since coming back from outside the EFL, after their nightmare years. They seem to find players at all levels we just don't seem capable of finding.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 17:50]

I was with a Luton supporting client last night. He reckons they have to get rid of the main stand at Kenilworth Road to comply with PL requirements as it is made of wood. That could be an interesting summer!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Play Off Thread on 18:16 - May 13 with 3359 viewsDubaiR

We have been linked with it incase Martin doesn’t resign
The Play Off Thread on 18:25 - May 13 with 3327 viewsToast_R

Bostock must have been bricking that there. Can't believe he tried a Panenka on a promotion winning penalty. Lucky for him they won anyway but my God, really piled on the pressure for his team mate there.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 18:27]
The Play Off Thread on 18:27 - May 13 with 3309 viewsted_hendrix

I'm pleased for Notts County.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Play Off Thread on 18:28 - May 13 with 3306 viewsNorthernr

The Play Off Thread on 18:25 - May 13 by Toast_R

Bostock must have been bricking that there. Can't believe he tried a Panenka on a promotion winning penalty. Lucky for him they won anyway but my God, really piled on the pressure for his team mate there.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 18:27]

What a fcking prick. Why on earth would you?
The Play Off Thread on 18:31 - May 13 with 3288 viewsactonman

The Play Off Thread on 17:47 - May 13 by NorthantsHoop

Like to see Luton go up, they have really built a good platform to progress since coming back from outside the EFL, after their nightmare years. They seem to find players at all levels we just don't seem capable of finding.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 17:50]

No no and thrice no ! Like the sentiment but er NO this cannot happen . Even when they come back down , we would spend years being Luton bitch aswell as Fulham and Brentford

No!
The Play Off Thread on 18:36 - May 13 with 3242 viewsToast_R

The Play Off Thread on 18:28 - May 13 by Northernr

If it comes off its genius but the fall out if they missed the next one and end up losing doesn't bear thinking about. That's the clubs future and dreams spiralling because of a silly tw@t with an ego. Sliding doors moment. He is a lucky, lucky boy.
Login to get fewer ads

The Play Off Thread on 18:44 - May 13 with 3215 viewsNorthantsHoop

The Play Off Thread on 18:31 - May 13 by actonman

No no and thrice no ! Like the sentiment but er NO this cannot happen . Even when they come back down , we would spend years being Luton bitch aswell as Fulham and Brentford

No!

I agree it would be tough, but it is always good to see smaller clubs mix it up with the so called entitled.
The Play Off Thread on 18:57 - May 13 with 3170 viewsvanrrrr

Sunderland really turned things around since The time they were on Netflix…. Recruited and loaned really well.
The Play Off Thread on 18:58 - May 13 with 3164 viewsswitchingcode

Just watched the National league final and now the Sunderland v Luton game far better than the dross served up in the Premier league
The Play Off Thread on 19:01 - May 13 with 3153 viewsToast_R

Luton need this game to end and get outta there.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 19:05]
The Play Off Thread on 19:09 - May 13 with 3114 viewstraininvain

Clarke’s improved a lot since his loan spell with us. Looks like he’s bulked up which probably helps as he was very lightweight.
The Play Off Thread on 19:48 - May 13 with 3018 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Play Off Thread on 18:28 - May 13 by Northernr

He can probably afford to not go up. He’ll have teammates and staff at the club on mediocre money he could have cost tens of thousands or even their jobs entirely. One of the worst things you can do on a football pitch.
The Play Off Thread on 20:04 - May 13 with 2995 viewsToast_R

Matt Smith scores a very Matt Smith goal for Salford. 1-0
The Play Off Thread on 20:32 - May 13 with 2946 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not watching but I hear Callum Hendry is very good. Colin’s son.
The Play Off Thread on 20:58 - May 13 with 2879 viewsHarbour

The Play Off Thread on 20:04 - May 13 by Toast_R

Matt Smith scores a very Matt Smith goal for Salford. 1-0

I have always liked Matt smith..good pro
The Play Off Thread on 21:09 - May 14 with 2554 viewsterryb

Thanks to the television listings for tonight, I've watched the Bradford City - Carlisle play off.

I thought it was a reasonable watch and robust, but the highlight was the sheer ineptitude of all three match officials. Mind you, I didn't notice a mistake from the 4th or 5th officials! This was the first time I've noticed them stood side by side in their kit, but perhaps this is now the norm.

The referee had the same stature as our Keith & managed to display the same mannerisms, also upsetting every person in the ground with his decisions. Thankfully, Mr Stroud has a ready made replacement when he decides to retire!
The Play Off Thread on 15:27 - May 15 with 2300 viewsLoyalitat

The Play Off Thread on 19:09 - May 13 by traininvain

Clarke’s improved a lot since his loan spell with us. Looks like he’s bulked up which probably helps as he was very lightweight.

He's only 22 and is now showing the talent that was evident when he first started out at Leeds. That Tottenham move did set him back

It's good to see his confidence now restored, as for mine, he's a throwback to wide players of yesteryear. He has great balance, with the ability to use either foot very well, delivers telling crosses with either foot, can go either way effortlessly, which in turn makes life a lot harder for defenders.

Well done Mowbray and Sunderland for deploying a formation/system which enables skilful players like Clarke, Diallo, Roberts/Pritchard to express their talents to their fullest.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 16:09]
The Play Off Thread on 17:44 - May 15 with 2125 viewsDWQPR

The Play Off Thread on 15:27 - May 15 by Loyalitat

He's only 22 and is now showing the talent that was evident when he first started out at Leeds. That Tottenham move did set him back

It's good to see his confidence now restored, as for mine, he's a throwback to wide players of yesteryear. He has great balance, with the ability to use either foot very well, delivers telling crosses with either foot, can go either way effortlessly, which in turn makes life a lot harder for defenders.

Well done Mowbray and Sunderland for deploying a formation/system which enables skilful players like Clarke, Diallo, Roberts/Pritchard to express their talents to their fullest.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 16:09]

I’ve always liked Tony Mowbray as a person and manager. Had the misfortune early in his career to lose his first wife. But a good honest pro and a decent manager with his teams always pleasing on the eye which isn’t always the case when the manager was a centre back. Sounds very much like Bobby Robson too.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Play Off Thread on 20:30 - May 15 with 1912 viewsManinBlack

The Play Off Thread on 11:30 - May 9 by TheChef

True - that's the beauty of the playoffs! I think stats suggest it's quite rarely the team finishing 3rd that does it, often the teams 5th or 6th who tend to be finishing the season strongly.

Would love Sunderland to do it, but don't think they're ready at all for the level above.

I don't think finishing 6th is that lucky as I can't think of anyone since Holloway's Blackpool won the play offs in 2010 that have won them since from a 6th place finish.
The Play Off Thread on 20:55 - May 15 with 1869 viewskensalriser

The Play Off Thread on 20:30 - May 15 by ManinBlack

I don't think finishing 6th is that lucky as I can't think of anyone since Holloway's Blackpool won the play offs in 2010 that have won them since from a 6th place finish.

Because it's the internet someone's already crunched those numbers (inc L1 & 2 stats):

https://sites.northwestern.edu/nusportsanalytics/2018/06/04/do-form-and-position

Essentially, third placed teams have the best record, 4th and 6th are on a par and the least successful are those in 5th.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 20:55]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Play Off Thread on 20:00 - May 16 with 1589 viewsToast_R

Luton need to put a stop to this media Sunderland love in.
The Play Off Thread on 20:14 - May 16 with 1548 viewsToast_R

Like one of those crap 90s football goals you see on Twitter. 1-0 and all square.
The Play Off Thread on 20:14 - May 16 with 1552 viewsNorthantsHoop

The Play Off Thread on 20:00 - May 16 by Toast_R

Luton need to put a stop to this media Sunderland love in.

Game on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024