Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most expensive pub. 21:19 - Jul 18 with 13813 viewsqpr_1968

most i've paid for a drink was tonight in our very own crown and sceptre.

pint of peroni and half of guiness.........£9.35

can anyone top that.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Most expensive pub. on 10:25 - Jul 19 with 2542 viewsqueensparker

I once went to a pseudo ritzy pulling joint on St Martins Lane called Denim in the late 90s - long gone now.

The first pint was over a tenner - I always remember that. We were about to leave for literally anywhere else but then saw the legendary Chris Kiwomya at the bar, gave it the old U Rs and had a nice chat, and he bought me a pint!

So ended up half price, I was happy with that.
Most expensive pub. on 10:26 - Jul 19 with 2523 viewsNed_Kennedys

Any Brewdog can charge up to £7 for a 3rd of a pint on some of their guest beers, have three of these and it’s not a cheap pint 😳
Most expensive pub. on 10:43 - Jul 19 with 2468 viewsGalileo

Most expensive pub. on 10:06 - Jul 19 by robith

The prices in Temple Bar are a tax on people without taste you see.

They add an extra euro for every minute you could've just walked to Toners or Kehoes

Kehoes a much more amenable joint away from the tourists flocking to Temple Bar.
Most expensive pub. on 11:09 - Jul 19 with 2425 viewsMick_S

I mentioned this a while back; two pints; two Sangrias came in around £45 in a posh part of Hampshire. We did have some olives as well so that might have done it.

Not happening again. It’s the Patio and Table Arms for me, these days.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Most expensive pub. on 11:34 - Jul 19 with 2383 viewsdenhamhoop2

My nephew in law had free complimentary tickets for the LIV golf tournament at his local club and said he was very grateful it was complimentary as a pint of Fosters was £11.50 and a Salmon Salad was £ 26 he did say how humbling it was to see just how much further the Pros play the same course as yourself
Most expensive pub. on 11:45 - Jul 19 with 2346 viewsBexleyHoop

Most expensive pub. on 09:12 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Bottle mate. If it had been a pint then perhaps fair enough in that location and these times, but it was for a bottle!

OMG - That is ffing taking the pee
Most expensive pub. on 12:01 - Jul 19 with 2295 viewsjohann28

Most expensive pub. on 09:17 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

tbf, I recently discovered their 'ordinary' bitter, and there isn't a fkn thing ordinary about it, and I'd happily pay £7 a pint for it, but don't tell anyone (Think it was only a fiver at the Lambeth Country Show, mind).
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 9:18]

Yeah, agree. Their whole range is delicious. But with beer, you need to knock back a few pints to get the full effect, as it were, or at least that's just the way i was brought up...
Most expensive pub. on 12:55 - Jul 19 with 2211 viewsTomS

Most expensive pub. on 09:00 - Jul 19 by Rs_Holy

the Temple Bar in Temple Bar Dublin we paid 10 Euro's a pint... in 2018!

The Temple Bar pub is shameless about ripping off tourists. Locals simply don't drink there. If you ever visit it, be warned that prices rise once the clock strikes 11.30pm and nobody seems to notice. I see screenshots of receipts from it floating around the internet from time to time.

On the other extreme. I fondly recall being on a hockey tour to Prague in 1999. We wandered a little off the beaten track into a local bar. Our round of 32 pints cost less than 10 pounds....
Login to get fewer ads

Most expensive pub. on 13:00 - Jul 19 with 2198 viewsCateLeBonR

Brewdog.
Most expensive pub. on 13:51 - Jul 19 with 2121 viewsR_from_afar

After an overnight stay at The Oakley Court Hotel near Windsor, I was paying our bill at reception and noticed a service charge - 15% as I recall - added to the drinks we had had in the bar the night before...drinks I had bought at the bar and taken to our table with my own fair hands. The blooming nerve!

I got that removed from the bill immediately. The cheek of it

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Most expensive pub. on 13:57 - Jul 19 with 2102 viewscollegeranger

Last summer - went to some rooftop bar in Waterloo with work colleagues and the only beer on draft was lager - asked if they did a pale ale and they said only BrewDog in 330ml cans - asked for 2 and a pint pot £13.20 !!! Switched to spirits after that!
Most expensive pub. on 14:01 - Jul 19 with 2083 viewsQPunkR

Most expensive pub. on 10:24 - Jul 19 by BklynRanger

I try not to wince when the bar-keep announces the price these days, but it's hard not to.

Had two conflicting price experiences locally last week.

1. A lazy post-dentist pint on Thursday in the Old Pack Horse near Chiswick Park station. Can't remember what it was but quite a decent, slightly lower alcohol IPA, 3.7% I think. £4.74. Rather than enthuse over this bargain I legged it back to my seat in case he'd rung it up wrong.

2. A posh pint in The Black Lion by the river the next day: £7.40. Most of the same numbers but in a very different order. Was higher alcohol which explains part of it, but over £8 can't be far off now, at which point I'm going to focus my energies on sweet delicious meth.

Like Othello, it's very moreish

QPR - "shit but local"

Most expensive pub. on 14:16 - Jul 19 with 2038 viewsBluce_Ree

The last alcoholic drink I bought for myself was a £3 pint of Cider at a shitty gig 28 years ago. And at the time that was expensive!

F*ck paying these prices to literally piss that money away an hour or two later.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Most expensive pub. on 14:29 - Jul 19 with 2004 viewsderbyhoop

Most expensive pub. on 08:22 - Jul 19 by PhilmyRs

Tokenhouse, Moorgate, £14.90 for 2 pints is the worst I've had recently. Still not close to the Dublin prices I was hit with but getting there.

Drinkng in English bars in Paris OR Temple Bar in Dublin is accepting Highway robbery, with you as the victim.
See also St Marks Sq in Venice.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 14:30]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Most expensive pub. on 16:04 - Jul 19 with 1927 viewscollegeranger

Went to the Springsteen gig in Hyde Park and was pleasantly surprised that a pint of Peroni was only £6.70. Usually at these outdoor events you get your pants pulled down on pricing. So I took full advantage. When the drinks are too expensive I forgo drinking as its a rip off - maybe the organisers have sussed that you rip people off then not everyone buys - make it pub prices and everyone is in !! Goodwood last weekend was £9 a pint - not many people supping !!
Most expensive pub. on 16:20 - Jul 19 with 1884 viewshubble

First pint I ever bought was at the Blue Anchor, Hammersmith, 1976. It was a total rip-off. 25p. Unbelievable. You could get a pint for half that in Barnsley.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Most expensive pub. on 16:25 - Jul 19 with 1862 viewsCateLeBonR

Most expensive pub. on 16:04 - Jul 19 by collegeranger

Went to the Springsteen gig in Hyde Park and was pleasantly surprised that a pint of Peroni was only £6.70. Usually at these outdoor events you get your pants pulled down on pricing. So I took full advantage. When the drinks are too expensive I forgo drinking as its a rip off - maybe the organisers have sussed that you rip people off then not everyone buys - make it pub prices and everyone is in !! Goodwood last weekend was £9 a pint - not many people supping !!

A mate was telling me that he went to a gig at the Dublin Castle in Camden recently and they charge £7-8 for a pint of Fosters or whatever. You just wouldn’t bother would you and he said that loads of people just smuggle their own alcohol in now.
Most expensive pub. on 16:25 - Jul 19 with 1862 viewsSilverfoxqpr

On a similar theme went to the Wide Awake Festival in Brockwell Park back in May and it was £6 a pint. Genuinely amazed and again took full advantage.
Most expensive pub. on 16:27 - Jul 19 with 1852 viewsrobith

Amex holders also got 5% off merch and at the bar so I tucked in on all fronts.

And 10% off for card holders at The Comet is Coming at Somerset House. Got 4 drinks for under £6.50 including spirits and mixers. Felt depressingly elated
Most expensive pub. on 16:33 - Jul 19 with 1821 viewssantadog

Cucu’s nest bar in Miami Beach, two bottles of corona and two yaegerbombs was £$54 we didn’t stay long
Most expensive pub. on 17:06 - Jul 19 with 1781 viewsstowmarketrange

Most expensive pub. on 10:24 - Jul 19 by BklynRanger

I try not to wince when the bar-keep announces the price these days, but it's hard not to.

Had two conflicting price experiences locally last week.

1. A lazy post-dentist pint on Thursday in the Old Pack Horse near Chiswick Park station. Can't remember what it was but quite a decent, slightly lower alcohol IPA, 3.7% I think. £4.74. Rather than enthuse over this bargain I legged it back to my seat in case he'd rung it up wrong.

2. A posh pint in The Black Lion by the river the next day: £7.40. Most of the same numbers but in a very different order. Was higher alcohol which explains part of it, but over £8 can't be far off now, at which point I'm going to focus my energies on sweet delicious meth.

I was in the O2 lounge before Iron maiden the week before last and I ordered 1 Stella and 2 IPA’s and the barmen walked away after giving me my drinks so I sneaked away to my table thinking I’d got them for nothing.The barman soon found me with his credit card reader and made me pay the £25.
I went back a few minutes later as my mate wanted a white wine and that was £13.50 for just a glass of the stuff.
Most expensive pub. on 17:30 - Jul 19 with 1740 viewsPinnerR

Near riot in The Victory, Pinner in 1968. The bald landlord, "Slaphead" as we called him, announced that a light and bitter would be going up from 1/10d to 2/1d.

Outrageous!
Most expensive pub. on 18:30 - Jul 19 with 1675 viewsPaddyhoops

I remember my mate instead of doing the big Irish wedding thing married his kiwi bride in a registry office in the Kings Road . Had a reception for 20 people in the Mandarin hotel in Knightsbridge.
Bottle of Budweiser was £9.80 . This was nearly 20 years ago.
Cracking day and night and to top it all off . A seriously pissed Cilla Black showed up and sang a few tunes.. badly.
Most expensive pub. on 20:40 - Jul 19 with 1524 viewsBushRanger82

Most expensive pub. on 08:50 - Jul 19 by qpr1976

FFS let’s hope we don’t get to Wembley anytime soon.
£8 for a Budweiser inside, although you can buy 4 for a bargain £27.50

Not much cheaper outside the ground either…..

Hope?
I think that's pretty much nailed on, mate.
Most expensive pub. on 23:15 - Jul 19 with 1382 viewsitsbiga

Last time i was back in England was 2016 and a Guiness was a fiver.
I'm going to have to save up for my next trip back home by the looks of it.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024