Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most expensive pub. 21:19 - Jul 18 with 19435 viewsqpr_1968

most i've paid for a drink was tonight in our very own crown and sceptre.

pint of peroni and half of guiness.........£9.35

can anyone top that.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Most expensive pub. on 00:47 - Jul 20 with 3182 viewsSydneyRs

Most expensive pub. on 14:29 - Jul 19 by derbyhoop

Drinkng in English bars in Paris OR Temple Bar in Dublin is accepting Highway robbery, with you as the victim.
See also St Marks Sq in Venice.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 14:30]

When I was in Venice many years ago we quickly worked out to avoid St Mark's square. You could walk to the other side of the main canal to the less touristy bits and stuff was half the price.
Most expensive pub. on 00:58 - Jul 20 with 3172 viewsBoston

Most expensive pub. on 16:25 - Jul 19 by CateLeBonR

A mate was telling me that he went to a gig at the Dublin Castle in Camden recently and they charge £7-8 for a pint of Fosters or whatever. You just wouldn’t bother would you and he said that loads of people just smuggle their own alcohol in now.

...and needles.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Most expensive pub. on 09:19 - Jul 20 with 3024 viewsTheChef

£7.50 for a pint of Neck Oil (no, me neither) in the pub on TCR yesterday. Seems to be the going rate in Central London...

Only a matter of time till we get the ten quid pint. At which point I will finally move back to Stockholm.

Will there ever be a time when things actually get cheaper??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Most expensive pub. on 09:21 - Jul 20 with 3021 viewsrobith

Most expensive pub. on 09:19 - Jul 20 by TheChef

£7.50 for a pint of Neck Oil (no, me neither) in the pub on TCR yesterday. Seems to be the going rate in Central London...

Only a matter of time till we get the ten quid pint. At which point I will finally move back to Stockholm.

Will there ever be a time when things actually get cheaper??

Jack Horner? That place has always been a rip off
Most expensive pub. on 09:24 - Jul 20 with 3017 viewsTheChef

Most expensive pub. on 09:21 - Jul 20 by robith

Jack Horner? That place has always been a rip off

Yeah.

My bad though, was actually heading for the Fitzroy Tavern on Charlotte Street but then I saw that place en route and went in. Did plan to move on but then fired up the cricket on my phone, and that was it...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Most expensive pub. on 10:10 - Jul 20 with 2983 viewsutouchudie

A better thread is we’re are the least expensive drinks. Much better thread me thinks…. 🙂
Most expensive pub. on 10:22 - Jul 20 with 2972 viewsw7r

£4.20 for a Lime and Soda in the City Barge, Chiswick (for my priest companion) made the £20.40 for a pint of Neck Oil and large glass of red seem an absolute bargain.
Most expensive pub. on 13:48 - Jul 20 with 2878 viewswestberksr

my girlfriends local; bar prices aren't too excessive there.

not a pub, but went to an Italian restaurant on Kings Road, when the regular choice was shut.

just asked what beer they had and told Peroni; yes please I'll have a pint...
... we serve a schooner (2 thirds of a pint)
... yep, that'll do

got the bill and the schooner was £9.40 (£14.30 for pint)

..... my review on google was not complimentary

.. food ws tiny and expensive too; gits
Login to get fewer ads

Most expensive pub. on 13:55 - Jul 20 with 2869 viewstraininvain

Barrow Boy & Banker, SE1 was sold to Fullers (tenant at the time) for £20 odd million a few years ago but it came with a load of offices above and they bought it to protect against a rival pub co pinching it.

Can’t imagine many individual pubs have gone for more!
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 13:56]
Most expensive pub. on 14:29 - Jul 20 with 2826 viewsrobith

I play in a Monday night darts league, and you may know, venues are really hard to get these days so we got the best we could in the One Tun on Goodge Street. Our first game some old guy starts moaning about the prices in there, like we personally set them. Actually got quite aggro with us which was a great welcome.

Anyway, we went to theirs, so imagine my delight when a Moretti was £6.70

(We have a good venue now, prices are high, but it's great for darts)
Most expensive pub. on 14:16 - Jul 21 with 2692 viewsTacticalR

Most expensive pub. on 21:27 - Jul 18 by Northernr

Was in either The Duchess or The Lamb and Flag off Oxford Street a few weeks back killing time before meeting a friend and got stripped nearly £7 for a bottle of Peroni.

The BST Hyde Park Festival had its own Peroni Disneyland...

Air hostess clique

Most expensive pub. on 10:32 - Jul 22 with 2575 viewsjohncharles

Most expensive pub. on 10:22 - Jul 20 by w7r

£4.20 for a Lime and Soda in the City Barge, Chiswick (for my priest companion) made the £20.40 for a pint of Neck Oil and large glass of red seem an absolute bargain.

You should have gone to the Bell and Crown ! Don’t know about the prices but you’d have got a decent pint of Fullers

Strong and stable my arse.

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:32 - Jul 22 with 2575 viewsjohncharles

Most expensive pub. on 10:22 - Jul 20 by w7r

Strong and stable my arse.

Most expensive pub. on 12:33 - Jul 22 with 2493 viewsOldPedro

My local cricket club (near Huddersfield) charges members £3.60 for a pint of decent cask ale (20p extra for non-members).

Go to Leeds city centre and similar (or worse) ales are £6.50 - £7.00

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Most expensive pub. on 13:37 - Jul 22 with 2427 viewsdistortR

Most expensive pub. on 10:10 - Jul 20 by utouchudie

A better thread is we’re are the least expensive drinks. Much better thread me thinks…. 🙂

Newish micro-brewery started over here, Kaneens (Pronounced neans). Owner used to do a bit of home brewing, decided to try and brew all the beer for his son's wedding, did a course and now has a micro-brewery, supplying a few pubs. One of my locals is now serving some of his brews, his golden beer Keshal is a lovely drink, £3.80 a pint
Most expensive pub. on 16:31 - Jul 23 with 2241 viewsSK_hoops

Most expensive pub. on 10:10 - Jul 20 by utouchudie

Go to Greenford, Hanwell, Hounslow etc...
Most expensive pub. on 01:42 - Jul 24 with 2056 viewsbob566

Me and my missus in Paris around 20 years ago. Went into a hotel beside notres damnes. Pictures of famous clientele on the walls included Elton john and Madonna. I said let's go. She said ah come on we'll have a gander. Went into the bar. Guy playing a grand piano. Lad with two beautiful women dangling ferrari keys. Waiter came over with white gloves and put a bowl of homemade Ferrero rochet on the table. Ordered two 330ml kronenbergs. Got the bill. Nearly 45 pounds.
Most expensive pub. on 02:53 - Jul 24 with 2049 viewsnumptydumpty

Sad confession here to make.

Me and mate after another dismal display, we thought wonder what that new bar outside the old BBC centre is like - the broadcaster - how original.

Anyhow probably should have walked straight out as there literally was one man and his dog in there - bit disrespectful to his good lady !!!

Anyhow two pints peroni, mine was actually a shandy. Cost £13.60...

Ten minute visit tops.

Very wine bar yuppie feel.

But there were another couple rangers fans in there so we weren't the only two plum tomatoes in there !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most expensive pub. on 07:13 - Jul 24 with 2000 viewsdistortR

Most expensive pub. on 02:53 - Jul 24 by numptydumpty

Sad confession here to make.

Me and mate after another dismal display, we thought wonder what that new bar outside the old BBC centre is like - the broadcaster - how original.

Anyhow probably should have walked straight out as there literally was one man and his dog in there - bit disrespectful to his good lady !!!

Anyhow two pints peroni, mine was actually a shandy. Cost £13.60...

Ten minute visit tops.

Very wine bar yuppie feel.

But there were another couple rangers fans in there so we weren't the only two plum tomatoes in there !!!

so, the bloke's dog was a Ranger's fan, then?
Most expensive pub. on 09:08 - Jul 24 with 1945 viewsSonofpugwash

Skynet Arms Islington.Pull your own pints for thirty bob.

https://scontent.fbrs4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/362941271_10226477568978019

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Most expensive pub. on 23:35 - Jul 25 with 1763 viewsNewBee

I never really understand it when people complain about the price of a pint in their local - at least since the price of energy, stock, food ingredients, staffing etc have rocketed recently.

My attitude is that if I like the pub I'm in, but struggle to afford the price increases, I just have eg three pints instead of four and go home an half an hour earlier (or go out half an hour later).

Certainly that's the case with a pub I visit occasionally in the West End - depending on what you're drinking, it's now often £7 a pint (or more!), but I kinda know the owners, they're a good lot who are just trying to keep their head above water. Meaning I'm pleased to help as much as I can, in memory of all the great nights I've had in there down the years, rather than go somewhere else just because it's £1 or £1.50 a pint cheaper.

Besides which as a matter of principle, pubs should be allowed to charge whatever they think the market will bear.

Anyhow, rant over.

P.S. Not having a pop at any poster on here, who are only reporting their experiences.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 23:38]
Most expensive pub. on 21:25 - Sep 11 with 1428 viewsqpr_1968

two expensive pubs in 2 days...
yesterday....the waterfront brentford....pint of fosters, half guiness...£9.60
princess vic...uxbrbridge road....pint of morretti, half guiness...£9.70

Most expensive pub. on 21:52 - Sep 11 with 1379 viewscolinallcars

Most expensive pub. on 21:25 - Sep 11 by qpr_1968

two expensive pubs in 2 days...
yesterday....the waterfront brentford....pint of fosters, half guiness...£9.60
princess vic...uxbrbridge road....pint of morretti, half guiness...£9.70

I think that's the Waterman's Arms. Not been there for a while.
Apart from Spoons, I feel relieved when the barkeep says “that'll be 6 pounds sir”.
Most expensive pub. on 22:09 - Sep 11 with 1358 viewsqpr_1968

Most expensive pub. on 21:52 - Sep 11 by colinallcars

I think that's the Waterman's Arms. Not been there for a while.
Apart from Spoons, I feel relieved when the barkeep says “that'll be 6 pounds sir”.

your right, watermans arms.....lovely pub, nearly a cockle for a pint and half.

Most expensive pub. on 22:16 - Sep 11 with 1347 viewscolinallcars

Most expensive pub. on 22:09 - Sep 11 by qpr_1968

your right, watermans arms.....lovely pub, nearly a cockle for a pint and half.

Brentford has always been a great place for pubs and used to have the biggest amount of pubs per capita in the country. It used to be called the town of taverns.
OK a lot have gone but still a good place.
I like pub threads !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024