Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ospreys new ground? 12:27 - May 23 with 11343 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://pembrokeshire-herald.com/93226/swansea-council-hopes-sports-ground-will-

Poll: what is more Exciting

The ospreys new ground? on 16:55 - Jun 11 with 1182 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 16:08 - Jun 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I remember when the Liberty was a novelty and full on occasions for the rugby. I saw 19,000 v the Wasps. Williams Henson Phillips Hook Tiatia Marshall etc

I wore off. The stadium needs to be ready in 15 months and the debt paid off in 60 months. Bigger crowds from fans who are notoriously fickle. Perhaps "Swansea Rugby" is coming.

Yeah, the Liberty, remind us who paid to build that?
The ospreys new ground? on 17:01 - Jun 11 with 1168 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 23:57 - Jun 8 by ReslovenSwan1

The council need to spend perhaps upto £10m to give the Ospreys a more "comfortable" playing environment which would see SCFC lose money.

Swansea city at the same time lose 20-30 playing days at the stadium they run. There are much better things for the Council to do.

Do you support SCFC or the Ospreys?

There has already been talk of shutting down the shrinking Ospreys who Swansea people do not support. If that happens St Helens would be a big white elephant on the seafront for visitors to laugh at.

I give you a debate and you turn personal. Learn to debate and make yourself a better person.

20-30? Do you even know how many league matches they play? 30 in total, 15 away.

SCFC won't lose money because of this.

Swansea people do support the Ospreys just not inmmassive numbers, Swansea is a football city. The Ospreys are the most succesful region though.

You don't give us a debate, you give us nonsense and it makes you look silly because you persist with ideas that are proven nonsense. Try using facts, not fictions.
The ospreys new ground? on 17:23 - Jun 11 with 1141 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 16:08 - Jun 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I remember when the Liberty was a novelty and full on occasions for the rugby. I saw 19,000 v the Wasps. Williams Henson Phillips Hook Tiatia Marshall etc

I wore off. The stadium needs to be ready in 15 months and the debt paid off in 60 months. Bigger crowds from fans who are notoriously fickle. Perhaps "Swansea Rugby" is coming.

Ok first point. It needs to be ready in 15 months not necessarily completed. They want to use the terrace and possibly 2 stands (as quoted in the article) why not build one stand to start, then develop, 5 year plan.

Second point. Where in the article does it say the costs have to be paid back in five years. The business plan was 5 years not necessarily the pay back time. The article states a return in time, no timescale.

No business plan is worked out on the back of a packet of fag's like you are doing. Without knowing the details it would be hard to pass judgement. Possibly the first meeting with the council was to define what be the council's preferred development and what they would allow. Remember when the Liberty was built we were in Division Two and nearly non league. Funding came from grants ( you don't pay grants back unlike loans ) and the development of the retail park. Grants are available now, a development, possibly the recreation ground if that is what the council want. It's currently parking and occasionally the fair and circus, which have been at singleton park on occasions. There was talk of a hotel in the development? Muti story car park at the rear, hotel, bars and restaurants on the front. Prime location next to the beach. The hotel, bars and restaurants have transformed Oystermouth Square. Then it would come down to who owns what and what is leased. Then there is naming rights for the stadium.

These are purely points I'm putting forward and haven't got a clue what is proposed or what the council want in that area. We can't speculate on a business plan without knowing what the various parties want and need. All I know is if something along the lines I mentioned is put in place it will transform the area and be very exiting for Osprey supporters.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The ospreys new ground? on 17:23 - Jun 11 with 1137 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 17:01 - Jun 11 by SullutaCreturned

20-30? Do you even know how many league matches they play? 30 in total, 15 away.

SCFC won't lose money because of this.

Swansea people do support the Ospreys just not inmmassive numbers, Swansea is a football city. The Ospreys are the most succesful region though.

You don't give us a debate, you give us nonsense and it makes you look silly because you persist with ideas that are proven nonsense. Try using facts, not fictions.

I give debate.

Try this.Explain how SCFC will not lose revenue when the Ospreys go? It is my understanding the SCFC took control of all activities in the stadium including naming right advertising and rugby. They pay £300k back to the rate payers in an annual fee.
[Post edited 11 Jun 18:23]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The ospreys new ground? on 19:28 - Jun 11 with 1065 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 17:23 - Jun 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I give debate.

Try this.Explain how SCFC will not lose revenue when the Ospreys go? It is my understanding the SCFC took control of all activities in the stadium including naming right advertising and rugby. They pay £300k back to the rate payers in an annual fee.

The stadium will lose any mney from the Ospreys but now that the Swans are running it, it may incrse it's income. The rugby provided very little income as the Ospreys are running at a loss. They lost 2 million last season, double the amount lost the season before, this is why they cannot stay at the Swansea.com. They'd be bankrupt very soon.

The Swans will continue to oay their dues and with good management, which you constantly claim the owners will give us, the revenue should go up.

Oh, I'm sorry, that's an assumption on my part. Do feel free to rip into my assumption and tell me where I am wrong....
The ospreys new ground? on 20:16 - Jun 11 with 1027 viewsonehunglow

The ospreys new ground? on 14:41 - Jun 11 by Whiterockin

You are right about it being iconic, not only world wide but also to the residents of Swansea. Rugby is not my game and I've never watched the Ospreys at the stadium, but to be honest if they started playing at St Helens I would be tempted to give it ago.

We have a great history in the game
Some true greats have graced St Helens for the Whites
Many of us played both rugby and football and watched both Whites and Swans
Frankly,I’m pretty indignant on small dark damp narrow valley people opining on our Rugby teams …and they Are ours

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The ospreys new ground? on 20:44 - Jun 11 with 1007 viewsraynor94

The ospreys new ground? on 17:23 - Jun 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I give debate.

What are rate payers, and considering how much of a loss the Ospreys are running at it will be an albatross off our back

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The ospreys new ground? on 11:19 - Jun 12 with 867 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 20:44 - Jun 11 by raynor94

What are rate payers, and considering how much of a loss the Ospreys are running at it will be an albatross off our back

Ospreys are losing money because only 4,000 - 5000 turn up for most games. As I understand it they pay SCFC rent with SCFC picking up the refreshments etc. I would think SCFC are not affected that much by Os low crowds. They just bring in less staff.

If the Os were now laying at the Gnoll they would be looking for synergies and cost savings and logically " cost sharing and cost savings" would be on the agenda.

SCFC might want to pay the Council less if Os leave depending on contracts.
[Post edited 12 Jun 19:13]

Login to get fewer ads

The ospreys new ground? on 19:11 - Jun 12 with 776 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 11:19 - Jun 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Ospreys are losing money because only 4,000 - 5000 turn up for most games. As I understand it they pay SCFC rent with SCFC picking up the refreshments etc. I would think SCFC are not affected that much by Os low crowds. They just bring in less staff.

If the Os were now laying at the Gnoll they would be looking for synergies and cost savings and logically " cost sharing and cost savings" would be on the agenda.

SCFC might want to pay the Council less if Os leave depending on contracts.
[Post edited 12 Jun 19:13]

That last sentence argues against the swans losing money.

There are some costs the Ospreys cannot avoid, evening games for eample, they need the floodlights on.

You do like that word, synergies. Word of the day toilet roll was it? Anyway, they want to redevelop St Helens and create "synergies" there with other rugby teams AND then use the ground for other activities to increase revenue streams.

Synergise that.
The ospreys new ground? on 19:28 - Jun 12 with 762 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 19:11 - Jun 12 by SullutaCreturned

That last sentence argues against the swans losing money.

There are some costs the Ospreys cannot avoid, evening games for eample, they need the floodlights on.

You do like that word, synergies. Word of the day toilet roll was it? Anyway, they want to redevelop St Helens and create "synergies" there with other rugby teams AND then use the ground for other activities to increase revenue streams.

Synergise that.

Synergies and money come with both the Ospreys and SCFC bringing 20,000 between them every weekend. Look at the shop, half Ospreys half SCFC. When they leave the Ospreys merch will have to go somewhere else. Double floor space double staff half the returns. Bad business.

It is conceivable Swans fans buy Os merch especially the kids. More osses there.

It is my contention that the Os will not play any better at St Helens. It is the poor rugby that is chasing the fans away not the atmosphere at the Swansea.com.

The Os do not seem to accept boring rugby is the reason. They did not spin the ball much when Shane Williams was in his pomp. Who want to see scrum and playing for mistakes and penalties?

What other team will play there? . Swansea rugby club?. The cricket has to go.

This ground is is direct competition with the Swansea.com. SCFC pay the council £300k per season probably based on a contract including the Os. Coleman might want to renegotiate the deal.

There is nothing in this that benefits SCFC. Lost income and competition for concerts and events. There is already one efficient multi function stadium. Why have two non efficient ones?

The ospreys new ground? on 16:22 - Jun 13 with 661 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 19:28 - Jun 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Synergies and money come with both the Ospreys and SCFC bringing 20,000 between them every weekend. Look at the shop, half Ospreys half SCFC. When they leave the Ospreys merch will have to go somewhere else. Double floor space double staff half the returns. Bad business.

It is conceivable Swans fans buy Os merch especially the kids. More osses there.

It is my contention that the Os will not play any better at St Helens. It is the poor rugby that is chasing the fans away not the atmosphere at the Swansea.com.

The Os do not seem to accept boring rugby is the reason. They did not spin the ball much when Shane Williams was in his pomp. Who want to see scrum and playing for mistakes and penalties?

What other team will play there? . Swansea rugby club?. The cricket has to go.

This ground is is direct competition with the Swansea.com. SCFC pay the council £300k per season probably based on a contract including the Os. Coleman might want to renegotiate the deal.

There is nothing in this that benefits SCFC. Lost income and competition for concerts and events. There is already one efficient multi function stadium. Why have two non efficient ones?

Every weekend...that's nonsense by itself.

The O's don't have half the club shop. Have you ever even been in there? And the O's don't sell half the amount the Swans do. Double staff, seriously now, WTF? Same number of staff or maybe even fewer.

It is the associated costs of the Swansea.com that are a bog part of the problem. Playing in a virtual morgue is hardly inspiring which you should know if you really were one of Swansea'a 12th men.

The cricket HAS gone.Are you not paying attention?

The ground is not in direct competition, football won't be played there, this is long past silly.

Why would the Osprey's, when considering what is best for them, be overly concerned about how it affects the Swans? Did Nando's worry about the effect on KFC when they moved onto the Morfa?

Why does the Swansea.com become innefficient when the O's leave? Are you saying our owners are not clever enough to utilise the stadium to its best return?

Get a new word, you've done synergies to death now. Try "introspection" it's a very good word.
The ospreys new ground? on 16:36 - Jun 13 with 649 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 16:22 - Jun 13 by SullutaCreturned

The O's don't have half the club shop. Have you ever even been in there? And the O's don't sell half the amount the Swans do. Double staff, seriously now, WTF? Same number of staff or maybe even fewer.

It is the associated costs of the Swansea.com that are a bog part of the problem. Playing in a virtual morgue is hardly inspiring which you should know if you really were one of Swansea'a 12th men.

The ground is not in direct competition, football won't be played there, this is long past silly.

Why would the Osprey's, when considering what is best for them, be overly concerned about how it affects the Swans? Did Nando's worry about the effect on KFC when they moved onto the Morfa?

Why does the Swansea.com become innefficient when the O's leave? Are you saying our owners are not clever enough to utilise the stadium to its best return?

Get a new word, you've done synergies to death now. Try "introspection" it's a very good word.

Cat you the patience of a saint, he's only looking for confrontation. He states something, then is proved wrong and swerves onto another angle. All a bit boring really.

The ospreys new ground? on 16:49 - Jun 13 with 634 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 16:36 - Jun 13 by Whiterockin

Cat you the patience of a saint, he's only looking for confrontation. He states something, then is proved wrong and swerves onto another angle. All a bit boring really.

Hey, when you're not used to being right, "debating" with Res is a godsend! And a bit of an open goal to be honest.
The ospreys new ground? on 17:20 - Jun 13 with 595 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 16:22 - Jun 13 by SullutaCreturned

Football one week rugby the next week in the winter months. Just what you want to make a profit.

When I was in the club shop is seemed to me to be roughly 50 / 50. Not that it matters much. Ospreys branding is quite cool I think.

So Os go to St Helen's. What happens then?. They move out of the Morfa shop into their own shop on the front (which they need to build) A portacabin perhaps? . They cannot use the same staff who are probably idle much of the time outside match days. Get it yet?

Swansea cricket club play at St Helens as I understand it. The Council were making enquiries to rehouse them somewhere. They could kick up a fuss.

I have to question you good sense of perspective. The idea is to set up a multi purpose stadium for conferences ,seminars, women football, concerts etc. It is duplication and bad business for SCFC. 'Take That' may want to go to St Helens not Swansea.com next time.

St Helens is owned by Swansea city Council who were proud to establish a multi purpose facility at Morfa and flogged it on. They get an annual fee from "The Yanks" despite the fact they are losing money. They also get a cut of revenues. For them is "robbing Peter to pay Paul". Money once spent in Morfa will now be spent in St Helens.

The Swansea council are putting this income at risk by running away with a 'younger woman'. The Os rely on them entirely. If they say no then they have to go to Bridgend.

The O's play $hit rugby. Everyone know it. Their crowds have no songs (ole ole ole gets a bit tedious but they do not sing racial slurs to their credit.) a while watching scrums for 20 minutes. The company I worked for had a box on Sundays. It was a real job to get anyone to come for a free Sunday lunch and free booze unless the Turks were in town.

The O's will most probably continues to underwhelm. If they become super successful they would ask to return to the Swansea.com. They would be competition so if I was Mr Coleman I would direct them to Cardiff. (CCS)

Coleman may be happy for them to go freeing up the stadium for the Women's team also called Swansea city. They will not have much to grow to match the O's rugby.

'SYNERGY' is what the stadium was built for. Uncoupling loses this benefit. Swansea city council should not allow this proposal to go ahead. They would not be serving the rate payers.

I would like to see the business plan. Too few fans is the problem. Bad rugby using a stadium size as an excuse for public rejection.

I hope it is better than Gamorgan's was. Cardiff council ratepayers were fleeced. It predicates a need for more fans to justify the move. More fans is governed by better rugby not the stadium.

St Helens will do Ok for a year or two them could become a 'white elephant'. WRU were already prepared to merge the O's with the Scarlets last year. It is known one region at least has to go.
[Post edited 13 Jun 17:25]

The ospreys new ground? on 18:14 - Jun 13 with 557 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 17:20 - Jun 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Football one week rugby the next week in the winter months. Just what you want to make a profit.

When I was in the club shop is seemed to me to be roughly 50 / 50. Not that it matters much. Ospreys branding is quite cool I think.

So Os go to St Helen's. What happens then?. They move out of the Morfa shop into their own shop on the front (which they need to build) A portacabin perhaps? . They cannot use the same staff who are probably idle much of the time outside match days. Get it yet?

Swansea cricket club play at St Helens as I understand it. The Council were making enquiries to rehouse them somewhere. They could kick up a fuss.

I have to question you good sense of perspective. The idea is to set up a multi purpose stadium for conferences ,seminars, women football, concerts etc. It is duplication and bad business for SCFC. 'Take That' may want to go to St Helens not Swansea.com next time.

St Helens is owned by Swansea city Council who were proud to establish a multi purpose facility at Morfa and flogged it on. They get an annual fee from "The Yanks" despite the fact they are losing money. They also get a cut of revenues. For them is "robbing Peter to pay Paul". Money once spent in Morfa will now be spent in St Helens.

The Swansea council are putting this income at risk by running away with a 'younger woman'. The Os rely on them entirely. If they say no then they have to go to Bridgend.

The O's play $hit rugby. Everyone know it. Their crowds have no songs (ole ole ole gets a bit tedious but they do not sing racial slurs to their credit.) a while watching scrums for 20 minutes. The company I worked for had a box on Sundays. It was a real job to get anyone to come for a free Sunday lunch and free booze unless the Turks were in town.

The O's will most probably continues to underwhelm. If they become super successful they would ask to return to the Swansea.com. They would be competition so if I was Mr Coleman I would direct them to Cardiff. (CCS)

Coleman may be happy for them to go freeing up the stadium for the Women's team also called Swansea city. They will not have much to grow to match the O's rugby.

'SYNERGY' is what the stadium was built for. Uncoupling loses this benefit. Swansea city council should not allow this proposal to go ahead. They would not be serving the rate payers.

I would like to see the business plan. Too few fans is the problem. Bad rugby using a stadium size as an excuse for public rejection.

I hope it is better than Gamorgan's was. Cardiff council ratepayers were fleeced. It predicates a need for more fans to justify the move. More fans is governed by better rugby not the stadium.

St Helens will do Ok for a year or two them could become a 'white elephant'. WRU were already prepared to merge the O's with the Scarlets last year. It is known one region at least has to go.
[Post edited 13 Jun 17:25]

It's not every weekend by a long stretch, some weekends they are both home or away and there is a large chunk when neither are playing, pedantic, yes.

it's closer to 70/30 in the shop, surely when you went to the back where the Ospreys use, you can see that?

The club shop won't need extra staff, what the O's do is their problem.

I thought they played at Sketty Lane/Ashleigh road.

Perspectie, th O's will go bankrupt if thry remain as thry are. take that will not go to a 6-7k stadium with the better ground nearby.

Who owns the Swansea.com? Having the two grounds may increase income.

The yonger woman stuff is nonsense, if they move they'll have a lease, wherever that is. Which they will know before they move, negotiations see, it's a business thing.

Poor rugby is the O's problem.

One minute your saying the O's and Swans need each other, synergies you said, then you're saying their competition and the O's can go to CCS? It's a tad schizophrenic.

For all the O's problems they are the mist succesful region so trying to ditch them would see a legal fight, I'm pretty sure.

The rest is nonsense too, repeating yourself, disagreeing with yourself and even not sounding like yourself. Where is Res and what have you done with him?
The ospreys new ground? on 22:40 - Jun 13 with 476 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 18:14 - Jun 13 by SullutaCreturned

It's not every weekend by a long stretch, some weekends they are both home or away and there is a large chunk when neither are playing, pedantic, yes.

it's closer to 70/30 in the shop, surely when you went to the back where the Ospreys use, you can see that?

The club shop won't need extra staff, what the O's do is their problem.

I thought they played at Sketty Lane/Ashleigh road.

Perspectie, th O's will go bankrupt if thry remain as thry are. take that will not go to a 6-7k stadium with the better ground nearby.

Who owns the Swansea.com? Having the two grounds may increase income.

The yonger woman stuff is nonsense, if they move they'll have a lease, wherever that is. Which they will know before they move, negotiations see, it's a business thing.

Poor rugby is the O's problem.

One minute your saying the O's and Swans need each other, synergies you said, then you're saying their competition and the O's can go to CCS? It's a tad schizophrenic.

For all the O's problems they are the mist succesful region so trying to ditch them would see a legal fight, I'm pretty sure.

The rest is nonsense too, repeating yourself, disagreeing with yourself and even not sounding like yourself. Where is Res and what have you done with him?

With Swansea's two major sporting institution losing a lot of money, adding new debt the Ospreys and reducing revenue for Swansea city is not what the doctor ordered.

Swansea councillor would be doing a disservice to sport in Swansea by allowing this move. It would help in the short term with construction jobs and a honeymoon year or two but that would not last long.

Swansea city pays money to the Council and new 4 G pitches (reportedly). They could play hard ball if any contracts are broken.

Swansea city agreed a deal to take over the stadium with the Council for 30 years or so paying them money for the first time. Now the Council is giving encouragement for long term tenant to move to another Swansea council site to compete with the Swansea.com.

There may be a case for legal objection in there somewhere perhaps?

The ospreys new ground? on 22:59 - Jun 13 with 466 viewsraynor94

The ospreys new ground? on 22:40 - Jun 13 by ReslovenSwan1

With Swansea's two major sporting institution losing a lot of money, adding new debt the Ospreys and reducing revenue for Swansea city is not what the doctor ordered.

Swansea councillor would be doing a disservice to sport in Swansea by allowing this move. It would help in the short term with construction jobs and a honeymoon year or two but that would not last long.

Swansea city pays money to the Council and new 4 G pitches (reportedly). They could play hard ball if any contracts are broken.

Swansea city agreed a deal to take over the stadium with the Council for 30 years or so paying them money for the first time. Now the Council is giving encouragement for long term tenant to move to another Swansea council site to compete with the Swansea.com.

There may be a case for legal objection in there somewhere perhaps?

What a load of old guff your last but one paragraph is, how on earth will St Helens be competing with the Liberty, two different sports, the Vetch and St Helens run alongside each other for donkey years.

About time this Ospreys brand was dropped and all Whites reinstaded, but sadly I think to much water has passed under the bridge, Cuddy has a lot to answer too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The ospreys new ground? on 23:48 - Jun 13 with 453 viewsDr_Winston

It's faintly bonkers that a thread about egg chasing has reached six pages on a Swans site.

Ospreys games at WR cost The Swans money. It is to our great benefit that they're finally getting the message that White Rock is too big for them. Obviously it's taken longer than it should have because of the eggers bizarre belief that they're a major sport in the area, but eventually we've gotten to where we need to be.

Where they move to or whether they continue to exist is of no interest to SCFC. Chuck a couple of 500 seater stands up at Mynydd Newydd and that would be enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The ospreys new ground? on 01:31 - Jun 14 with 443 viewsRobbie

My Sister travelled the World following Lions / Wales tours NZ and Oz included .
She loved it and paid big money to enjoy the tours , she did , Campese was one guide .

Me cannot be bothered to watch Tipcs , AWJ , Biggar etc on my doorstep . World Class players few miles down the road from pass on it .

Why is the marketing of the product so poor for The Ospreys or probably punters not going through then turnstiles any more . Recent tele bits I have seen of Parc y Scarlets and The Liberty appear to show minimum crowds attending .

WRU will claim the sport is in good health based on daffodi masks and beer sales .
The ospreys new ground? on 04:55 - Jun 14 with 427 viewsexiledinenglandjack

The ospreys new ground? on 01:31 - Jun 14 by Robbie

My Sister travelled the World following Lions / Wales tours NZ and Oz included .
She loved it and paid big money to enjoy the tours , she did , Campese was one guide .

Me cannot be bothered to watch Tipcs , AWJ , Biggar etc on my doorstep . World Class players few miles down the road from pass on it .

Why is the marketing of the product so poor for The Ospreys or probably punters not going through then turnstiles any more . Recent tele bits I have seen of Parc y Scarlets and The Liberty appear to show minimum crowds attending .

WRU will claim the sport is in good health based on daffodi masks and beer sales .

The route of the problem is mismanagement at the WRU level and that trickling down to all elements of rugby. For too long committee men were left to run a £100m business when they were clearly out of their depth. I’m yet to be convinced those they have brought in are the right people to turn the ship around at that level, but to be fair to the Os, they have a good coach, a good pathway manager with Ruddock and a seemingly decent new CEO.

Yes the regions need to do more to drive interest, but they can’t be blamed for wanting to try an alternative with a new stadium. The idea is to follow the Edinburgh and Benetton model. Build a flexible capacity ground, probably around 6k capacity to begin with, build an atmosphere and try to pick up numbers. The real money maker for the Os will be the conferencing and wedding business, half of which I’m not sure will take away from the .com.

Yes, beat them for stagnation/decline over the last decade, but you can’t knock them for trying to establish themselves now. There’s a comment about the rugby served up. They’ve developed their playing style and it still is developing. They will always be a forwards dominated team, but have added touches of class out the back. They bucked the trend by getting to a quarter final in the cup and into the playoffs. Should they be happy with that, no, but it’s a solid base to build on.

As for the Swans, as most people have rightly said, it’ll be an albatross off their back. The ground staff have to be commended for the work they do, but less rugby on the pitch will benefit the swans in that sense too.

There’s a place in Swansea for both teams, and the city should be working to promote both for the better of the community.
The ospreys new ground? on 06:22 - Jun 14 with 404 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 04:55 - Jun 14 by exiledinenglandjack

The route of the problem is mismanagement at the WRU level and that trickling down to all elements of rugby. For too long committee men were left to run a £100m business when they were clearly out of their depth. I’m yet to be convinced those they have brought in are the right people to turn the ship around at that level, but to be fair to the Os, they have a good coach, a good pathway manager with Ruddock and a seemingly decent new CEO.

Yes the regions need to do more to drive interest, but they can’t be blamed for wanting to try an alternative with a new stadium. The idea is to follow the Edinburgh and Benetton model. Build a flexible capacity ground, probably around 6k capacity to begin with, build an atmosphere and try to pick up numbers. The real money maker for the Os will be the conferencing and wedding business, half of which I’m not sure will take away from the .com.

Yes, beat them for stagnation/decline over the last decade, but you can’t knock them for trying to establish themselves now. There’s a comment about the rugby served up. They’ve developed their playing style and it still is developing. They will always be a forwards dominated team, but have added touches of class out the back. They bucked the trend by getting to a quarter final in the cup and into the playoffs. Should they be happy with that, no, but it’s a solid base to build on.

As for the Swans, as most people have rightly said, it’ll be an albatross off their back. The ground staff have to be commended for the work they do, but less rugby on the pitch will benefit the swans in that sense too.

There’s a place in Swansea for both teams, and the city should be working to promote both for the better of the community.

Excellent post.

The ospreys new ground? on 14:56 - Jun 14 with 309 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 06:22 - Jun 14 by Whiterockin

Excellent post.

"Debate" over.....
The ospreys new ground? on 15:46 - Jun 14 with 276 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 04:55 - Jun 14 by exiledinenglandjack

The council built a smallest stadium as a multi function stadium for the Swans and Ospreys. Both are losing big money.

Ospreys it seems " dream'" of 6k in their own stadium. Wow what an ambition. Shrinkage is never a good business plan. For bigger games they will ring Coleman up for a favour. "Sorry mate, we have a women's games try CCS"
[Post edited 14 Jun 16:18]

The ospreys new ground? on 16:22 - Jun 14 with 248 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 22:59 - Jun 13 by raynor94

What a load of old guff your last but one paragraph is, how on earth will St Helens be competing with the Liberty, two different sports, the Vetch and St Helens run alongside each other for donkey years.

About time this Ospreys brand was dropped and all Whites reinstaded, but sadly I think to much water has passed under the bridge, Cuddy has a lot to answer too

"About time this Ospreys brand was dropped and all Whites reinstated, but sadly I think to much water has passed under the bridge, Cuddy has a lot to answer too"

What a load of absolute bunkum, you can't even compare Swansea's achievements on the rugby field in comparison to Neath's, don't give a toss about them beating touring teams either.

Why has Cuddy got a lot to answer for? he put millions in at the Ospreys.

The Ospreys have been and still are the strongest region, since the ridiculous inauguration of the regions, so you with your parochial nonsense wants to disband them,

Laughable, Ospreys usually play in white these days as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The ospreys new ground? on 16:43 - Jun 14 with 222 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 16:22 - Jun 14 by max936

"About time this Ospreys brand was dropped and all Whites reinstated, but sadly I think to much water has passed under the bridge, Cuddy has a lot to answer too"

What a load of absolute bunkum, you can't even compare Swansea's achievements on the rugby field in comparison to Neath's, don't give a toss about them beating touring teams either.

Why has Cuddy got a lot to answer for? he put millions in at the Ospreys.

The Ospreys have been and still are the strongest region, since the ridiculous inauguration of the regions, so you with your parochial nonsense wants to disband them,

Laughable, Ospreys usually play in white these days as well.

Some old timers bang on about Roger Blyth and Tony Clement and wins over Australia. This is so far over the horizon it has no relevance. This is the problem. Youngsters ard not interested.

The re birth of Swansea RFC will not see droves returning sadly. The best long term fans for the future will be 20 now and only ever known of the Ospreys.

Cardiff Rugby kept their brand and colours and ditched the Blues tag sometimes in Covid. I was not aware of it but met Halalolo in a cafe and he told me he played for Cardiff Rugby.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024