Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heston training ground visit 14:34 - Jun 10 with 2765 viewshertshoops

Been invited end of the month, not my neck of the woods, is it easier to drive in or tube/bus it ?
Any decent pubs for lunch nearby

My mistake - Heston obviously
[Post edited 10 Jun 16:46]
Harlington training ground visit on 14:38 - Jun 10 with 2717 viewsLanhoop

Harlington? I believe Wycombe are moving in there soon.
Harlington training ground visit on 14:39 - Jun 10 with 2703 viewsPinnerR

Harlington training ground visit on 14:38 - Jun 10 by Lanhoop

Harlington? I believe Wycombe are moving in there soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4nn480vp1vo
Harlington training ground visit on 14:40 - Jun 10 with 2685 viewsfrancisbowles

The training ground in Heston is a bit of the beaten track and far easier to reach in a car.
Harlington training ground visit on 14:44 - Jun 10 with 2628 viewsSheffieldHoop

I Was up by Wycombe's current training ground this weekend. It makes Twyford Avenue look like The English Institute of Sport.

Wish they'd taken Reading's tbh, just to mug off Reading, real shame.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Harlington training ground visit on 14:45 - Jun 10 with 2657 viewsCamberleyR

What happened to Reading's training ground they were going to buy?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Harlington training ground visit on 15:16 - Jun 10 with 2552 viewsNorthernr

The new Heston one is probably closest to Hayes and Harlington which is on the Crossrail. I walk it, takes about 20-30 minutes, but it's a seriously unpleasant walk across several duel carriageways and retail parks/car parks. Taxi/uber from the station would take about 5-10mins.

I tried from one of the Hounslow stations on the Picadilly Line but it was further and even more unpleasant.
Harlington training ground visit on 15:45 - Jun 10 with 2386 viewsSheffieldHoop

Harlington training ground visit on 15:16 - Jun 10 by Northernr

The new Heston one is probably closest to Hayes and Harlington which is on the Crossrail. I walk it, takes about 20-30 minutes, but it's a seriously unpleasant walk across several duel carriageways and retail parks/car parks. Taxi/uber from the station would take about 5-10mins.

I tried from one of the Hounslow stations on the Picadilly Line but it was further and even more unpleasant.

Surprised you don't get a train to Brentford from Clapham, and walk the Canal from there, it's probably a good 7 or 8 miles but shouldn't take you much more than 45 min

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Harlington training ground visit on 15:45 - Jun 10 with 2417 viewsrbee

Half hour walk from Hounslow West tube. Walk up the Bath Road and then turn right on to The Parkway which is a few minutes past the junction with the Great West Road.
Login to get fewer ads

Harlington training ground visit on 16:13 - Jun 10 with 2319 viewsterryb

Harlington training ground visit on 14:45 - Jun 10 by CamberleyR

What happened to Reading's training ground they were going to buy?

I seem to recall that the deeds stated that the ground had to be used for Reading FC & nobody else.
Harlington training ground visit on 16:18 - Jun 10 with 2291 viewsCamberleyR

Harlington training ground visit on 16:13 - Jun 10 by terryb

I seem to recall that the deeds stated that the ground had to be used for Reading FC & nobody else.

Thanks Terry.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Heston training ground visit on 18:00 - Jun 10 with 1990 viewsBeejnewark

How do you get an invite? Do they get round to all bondholders eventually?
Harlington training ground visit on 18:03 - Jun 10 with 1978 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harlington training ground visit on 15:16 - Jun 10 by Northernr

Huh.
I thought you thought nothing of traversing a major airport if it was in the way of your destination.

Maybe I was wrong about you.

Bare bones.

Heston training ground visit on 18:42 - Jun 10 with 1876 viewsRodney

Heston training ground visit on 18:00 - Jun 10 by Beejnewark

How do you get an invite? Do they get round to all bondholders eventually?

I'm assuming they will get around to all of us eventually. As a bond-holder, I got an email inviting me and I went at the end of March. There were 15 or so of us in that group and it was interesting, although I was a bit disappointed we didn't get a chance to interact with any of the players - not even close - although I did glimpse Rayan Kolli in the treatment room, where he has been a bit of a fixture!
Harlington training ground visit on 19:25 - Jun 10 with 1791 viewsNorthernr

Harlington training ground visit on 18:03 - Jun 10 by Antti_Heinola

Huh.
I thought you thought nothing of traversing a major airport if it was in the way of your destination.

Maybe I was wrong about you.

Hey I still did/do it. I just didn’t enjoy it v much
Heston training ground visit on 21:27 - Jun 10 with 1554 viewsMick_S

The new place is more or less between Southall and Feltham. Drive there, and then drive somewhere a few miles away for lunch. It’s a bit grim.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Heston training ground visit on 12:22 - Jun 11 with 1194 viewshertshoops

Heston training ground visit on 21:27 - Jun 10 by Mick_S

The new place is more or less between Southall and Feltham. Drive there, and then drive somewhere a few miles away for lunch. It’s a bit grim.

Yep, having looked into it , that's my plan
Heston training ground visit on 12:35 - Jun 11 with 1146 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I walked from one of the Hounslows and there is one bit where you can't see the oncoming traffic I'd avoid that one; I sprinted across the road like I was 26 hoping my hearing was still good, though I've just realised I didn't take 'lekric cars into account.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Heston training ground visit on 13:15 - Jun 11 with 1026 viewsNorthernr

Heston training ground visit on 12:35 - Jun 11 by Metallica_Hoop

I walked from one of the Hounslows and there is one bit where you can't see the oncoming traffic I'd avoid that one; I sprinted across the road like I was 26 hoping my hearing was still good, though I've just realised I didn't take 'lekric cars into account.

On that roundabout? Three lanes of traffic to cross, approaching the junction around a sharp bend? I enjoyed that one too.
Heston training ground visit on 13:27 - Jun 11 with 978 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Heston training ground visit on 13:15 - Jun 11 by Northernr

On that roundabout? Three lanes of traffic to cross, approaching the junction around a sharp bend? I enjoyed that one too.

That's the one, I was there for about 5 mins before I thought 'now or never' and took a chance.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Heston training ground visit on 13:35 - Jun 11 with 947 viewsNorthernr

Heston training ground visit on 13:27 - Jun 11 by Metallica_Hoop

That's the one, I was there for about 5 mins before I thought 'now or never' and took a chance.

Same. This little old Chinese lady with a wheely shopping bag turned up and just scuttled straight out into it all which shamed me into going for it.
Heston training ground visit on 13:55 - Jun 11 with 884 viewssaxbend

There's a bus you can get right to it from Southall station. Not especially frequent though.
Heston training ground visit on 15:06 - Jun 11 with 785 viewsBoston

Heston training ground visit on 13:55 - Jun 11 by saxbend

There's a bus you can get right to it from Southall station. Not especially frequent though.

Is this what it's come to, we're just a bus stop in Heston?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Heston training ground visit on 15:13 - Jun 11 with 762 viewsjohann28

For pubs, Queen's Head on Cranford Lane isn't bad at all; basic old-fashioned Fuller's with old beams and whatnnot
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024