Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! 14:53 - Sep 22 with 2008 viewsWesley2Hoops

Anyone else out there got a sonos setup at home? I'm losing my mind...

Downloaded the updated app. Completely useless. Managed to go back to the old app but then that option seemed to stop working. So forced back to the new app and was trying to muddle along while the promised improvements were released, but now my system has given up completely: none of the speakers are showing, can't play a thing anywhere in house. Nothing.
Long shot but has anyone found a fix or work around?
Found some forums and tech blogs talking about what a disaster it all is but not any answers anywhere. First world problems and all that but it's wrecking me, so any help much appreciated!

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 15:00 - Sep 22 with 1946 viewsBoston

I'll die regretting I didn't learn a foreign language.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 23:07 - Sep 22 with 1748 viewswestberksr

I do, but luckily have stayed on the old version due to some of the kit I have not being compatible with the later version.

2 zones disappeared completely recently, i guess due to an update, and after scratching my head for a few days i just turned off the power at the fuseboard for that part of the house, left it 20 minutes and when i turned it back on they reappeared!
Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 07:50 - Sep 23 with 1627 viewsNUBLOCK

Spent 2 hours with Sonos and got it all working until next morning then nothing. Turned everything off unplugged and also turned off mains plugs at fuse box. Turned all on and plugged each speaker into router to reconfigure and by magic it all worked and been fine since. When this system gives out will not be reinvesting in Sonos.
Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 08:50 - Sep 23 with 1533 viewsLblock

I feel your pain.

That App update could actually break them as, from what I've seen, there's a huge level of outrage which I share.
I was bubbling along nicely with the new house refurb all geared towards SONOS and plans for further investment in their equipment...... now..... oh dear, I think not.

My biggest issue is the withdrawal of Mixcloud features but in comparison to others that's minor. From what I can gather SONOS rolled out this disaster of an App update to try and ring fence users similar to Apple -- you'd have to use SONOS radio etc. It's totally back fired.

The message to anyone who has not updated the App is DON'T DO IT!
The old version was in the main a breeze to use whereas the new one is an absolute mess and clunky beyond belief.
If anyone does know a work around to go back to the previous App version please do shout!!!!

I'm holding off buying any further SONOS products and giving it until November to see if they sort the App out but it doesn't look promising. If things stay as they are then I'll be selling what I've got and looking to build a system using BlueSound and their Nodes or something similar... they're pricey but not a million miles off of SONOS levels of spend.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 08:56 - Sep 23 with 1522 viewsEsox_Lucius

For those of that persuasion, AVForums has always been a good source of info for these questions.
https://www.avforums.com/threads/anyone-else-having-trouble-with-sonos-after-las

The grass is always greener.

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 10:41 - Sep 23 with 1394 viewsJuzzie

I think this could be Sonos' 'Ratners moment'.

What a mess. App worked perfectly fine but they decided to do an overhaul in the spring rendering it useless. If I can get mine to work (I have a pair of Sonos One Gen 2's) it's usually not long before it just stops, usually after about half a dozen songs. Cannot get it to link up to Alexa or Apple Music (the whole fkin' point of them) despite the app telling me it's all linked.

There are no 3mm/red & white phono inputs so no ability to at least rig them up in the good ol' way.

I believe Sones can't/won't revert back to the previous version and they "understand and are sorry for the issues caused" and are "working" on stepping-stone updates regularly.

I'm not an app techie person but I don't understand why they just can't roll it back?

They better do something quick or it'll take them down and I, and everyone else, will have lumps of plastic that are useless.

[Post edited 23 Sep 10:58]
Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 12:39 - Sep 23 with 1276 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Another 1st Gen user here. I’ve got Play 3 and Play 5 Speakers and two Connect boxes, connected to Telly Soundbars that have phono inputs.

In response to the OP, then I’ve had the occasion where the system can’t find the Connect boxes (the two Sonos speakers have never been a problem) and as others have already said, sometimes only a complete, physical restart, including disconnecting the LAN cable to my Router has done the trick. There’s been times that hasn’t worked either and I’ve given up, only for it to come back all by itself the next time I checked.

trying to force people to upgrade peed many off, but the one that wound me up the most was when they made the Settings/Config app only available to phones and not tablets. It’s when I realised I didn’t buy a music system, I bought “software” and I didn’t like being forced by some marketing nerd how to use it.

I’ve had it for about 12 years now, so I suppose I’ve had my moneys worth, but I will look elsewhere when it eventually packs up.
[Post edited 23 Sep 12:39]
Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 12:10 - Sep 24 with 855 viewsnick_hammersmith

I've got a mixed estate in my house, an old one speaker and a newer soundbar, so I run the S1 app.

To be fair to Sonos, this is because of the licencing from Apple, which is why its such a poor experience on the iOS.

Once Apple started making their own hardware they made it difficult for third party manufacturers to use their platform.

Are you just trying to stream music from your own media library?
I've had better luck using 'Plexamp' as my music is stored on a NAS and managed by Plex.

The Sonos products are really good, but that app really lets them down.

What I'd love is if they were also WiFi repeaters and could create a MESH network around the house, that would be perfect!
Login to get fewer ads

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 12:49 - Sep 24 with 786 viewsqueensparker

I had this problem all the way back in lockdown as my Sonos gear is so old. The only solution I found was to stick with the ancient first gen app, which is still working albeit clunky with my three old speakers (2x3s and 1x5).

I also managed to rig up an old Technics deck via some Chinese dongles direct into one of the speakers which works on the whole network (and is awesome), but I have completely forgotten how I did it now. If they break that's going to be a right headache.

Shame that such good tech gets ruined by stupid management decisions.
Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 21:20 - Sep 24 with 630 viewsLblock

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 12:49 - Sep 24 by queensparker

I had this problem all the way back in lockdown as my Sonos gear is so old. The only solution I found was to stick with the ancient first gen app, which is still working albeit clunky with my three old speakers (2x3s and 1x5).

I also managed to rig up an old Technics deck via some Chinese dongles direct into one of the speakers which works on the whole network (and is awesome), but I have completely forgotten how I did it now. If they break that's going to be a right headache.

Shame that such good tech gets ruined by stupid management decisions.

If you remember how to rig up technics to SONOS then I would be very interested!!!

Love to use my 1200's on those for the craic

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 14:27 - Sep 25 with 389 viewsnick_hammersmith

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 21:20 - Sep 24 by Lblock

If you remember how to rig up technics to SONOS then I would be very interested!!!

Love to use my 1200's on those for the craic

It's not cheap;
https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/port
They make something called 'Port' its basically a network adaptor that takes the Phono in as a source.

If you are running two decks, then its just the phone output of the mixer into the Port

That device should now appear on your network as a source and you can stream you Sonos speakers from the input of the Port.

It seems steep for what it is though, £400?
Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 16:30 - Sep 25 with 291 viewsqueensparker

Non-QPR Sonos speakers Clusterduck! on 14:27 - Sep 25 by nick_hammersmith

It's not cheap;
https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/port
They make something called 'Port' its basically a network adaptor that takes the Phono in as a source.

If you are running two decks, then its just the phone output of the mixer into the Port

That device should now appear on your network as a source and you can stream you Sonos speakers from the input of the Port.

It seems steep for what it is though, £400?

I’ve done it by using the mixer output through “something Chinese I bought in 2021 on the internet” and then into the phono inputs on my old Sonos Play 5 (which still has them)

You then get a “line in” option on the first gen app (after a ton of faffing about which again I think involved a lot of turning on and off again)

Don’t know if it will work on the newer stuff
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024