Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Personally I'd give him til Yeovil (H) 17th December 08:21 - Nov 7 with 1599 viewsPhil

If we're still in the mire at that point, with no sign of improvement tactically or defensively, then we can honestly say we gave Eyre as much chance as we could allow. Without getting a reputation as a club who sacks managers before they've barely got started.

At that point we would have 25 games left with, worse case, 36 points needed to get to 50 points. Or to put it another way, 12 wins from 25 games.

You put someone new in charge now and the "honeymoon" period is against difficult teams to play against. The last thing we need is for the new manager to get off to a bad start. Unfortunately we've wasted our "easy" run of games in October.

Yeovil is the next league game we've got against someone in a similar position to ourselves. It would be good to see someone new in charge for that game, however I don't believe Dunphy will sack someone after games against promotion pushing sides. Therefore I think Eyre will survive until mid-December no matter what, but hopefully anything less than a win against Yeovil will see him sacked.

It was posted elsewhere that in Eyre's post-match interview he didn't seem to be under pressure. I'm sure he's not that naive(?) but if it's true then Dunphy needs to spell out to him exactly what position he's in. For me, I would want Dunphy to tell him he has four league games left to sort things out then his time is up.

Final point is regarding the rumours of player unrest. However clueless the manager, no player should EVER show dissention in the ranks, and everyone selected should give their all for the team on every match day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024