Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman 08:21 - Jan 16 with 6836 viewsPhil

Inherited a club in sound financial position thanks to three decades of hard work by Mssrs Kilpatrick and Morris.

Inherited the best management team in the history of Rochdale AFC.

Nearly undid all the good work by under-selling the likes of Will Buckley and failing to offer Dagnall a good enough contract.

Finally put his hand in "his" pocket to buy O'Grady for £100k and was rewarded straight away with a promotion.

Nearly undid all the good work by under-selling Craig Dawson.

Saw the team achieve the joint best ever league position in League One thanks to the continued brilliance of Hillcroft.

Failed to persuade Hillcroft to stay (I'm thinking a contract of £200k-£300k would have seen Hill stay and that would have been better than pouring the money on £2k per week loanees)

Had "unbelievable" applicants for the manager position and instead went for a man 99% of Rochdale fans had never heard of and whose previous duties were nothing more than a bit-part assistant in the Man City youth team.

Sold O'Grady.

Allowed our new manager to bring in a ridiculous number of players including the likes of Benali and Barnes-Homer that just didn't make any sense.

Sacked Eyre and failed to put a new experienced manager in place for four weeks (and counting).

*PLEASE NOTE* - We are expected and required to accept this because we are little old Rochdale and our rightful place is 18th in League 2.

I'm a fan, but that doesn't mean I'd make a good chairman.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:31 - Jan 16 with 4465 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I'm confused here....wasn't Mr. Dunphy also part of the hard work over the last three decades.....or has he just 'appeared' all of a sudden..?

It really is incredible how you have your finger on the financial pulse of Rochdale AFC but were not around at the time to give such great insight to the club on an advisory basis (for free of course!)
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:38 - Jan 16 with 4458 viewsPhil

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:31 - Jan 16 by Albert_Whitehurst

I'm confused here....wasn't Mr. Dunphy also part of the hard work over the last three decades.....or has he just 'appeared' all of a sudden..?

It really is incredible how you have your finger on the financial pulse of Rochdale AFC but were not around at the time to give such great insight to the club on an advisory basis (for free of course!)

I am aware that Dunphy didn't "appear" but I was summarising his time as Chairman.

Leaving your sarcasm aside, what part of what I said do you disagree with?
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:41 - Jan 16 with 4447 viewsrafc1984

As I remember it, it was Kilpatrick and his brother that coughed up the 100k to buy cog from the biffos.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:42 - Jan 16 with 4442 viewsseasidedale

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:38 - Jan 16 by Phil

I am aware that Dunphy didn't "appear" but I was summarising his time as Chairman.

Dunphy appointed Huillcroft Parkin was manager when he became chairman
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:43 - Jan 16 with 4436 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:38 - Jan 16 by Phil

Most of the subjective stuff....so pretty much all of it!
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:44 - Jan 16 with 4432 viewsaleanddale

Once a manager is appointed he surely cant be part of the player selection process.

If Eyre wanted MBH and Benali then all Dunphy can do is back him and facilitate the deal.

He isnt responsible for them being shite...

Most of your post is very unfair ( IMO ) as we only ever know half a story.

Dunphy has my 100% support and backing as chairman of the football club i love*

* through promotions and when its bad - however hard that is.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:45 - Jan 16 with 4423 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:41 - Jan 16 by rafc1984

As I remember it, it was Kilpatrick and his brother that coughed up the 100k to buy cog from the biffos.

I thought it was t'other Kilpatrick (the racehorse owner) that stumped up the cash.

Happy to be told I'm wrong if that's the case.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:53 - Jan 16 with 4408 viewsgeorgedale

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:45 - Jan 16 by Albert_Whitehurst

I thought it was t'other Kilpatrick (the racehorse owner) that stumped up the cash.

All wrong it was Andrew Kelly who bought COG!
Login to get fewer ads

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 09:13 - Jan 16 with 4362 viewselectricblue

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:53 - Jan 16 by georgedale

All wrong it was Andrew Kelly who bought COG!

Also didnt kelly pay for Dales preseason training camp to spain and gib..
Im almost sure that he does..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 09:45 - Jan 16 with 4312 viewsrafc1984

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 08:45 - Jan 16 by Albert_Whitehurst

It was, thought they were related?
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 09:52 - Jan 16 with 4292 views1907

This is the worst post I have ever read on this site.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:11 - Jan 16 with 4243 viewsTomRAFC

here speaks a man who has never spent so much as a minute in the company of chris dunphy

chris dunphy loves this club and is a dale fan through and through and you simply do not know where of you speak.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:14 - Jan 16 with 4236 viewsNorthernSou1

Your deluded Phil, before you spout utter rubbish it's always better to check your facts!

Chris Dunphy appointed RAFC chairman 29th June 2006. Keith Hill appointed Rochdale manager in December 2006!

Inherited the best managment team in our history???!!!

I'll think you'll find Chris Dunphy appointed them! Backing their aspirations for this football club making funds available on and off the pitch for both players and sport science!

Before you slag off a man who has given the vast majority of his adult life to this football club, I suggest you get your facts straight.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:19 - Jan 16 with 4223 viewsmaybee

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:14 - Jan 16 by NorthernSou1

Your deluded Phil, before you spout utter rubbish it's always better to check your facts!

Chris Dunphy appointed RAFC chairman 29th June 2006. Keith Hill appointed Rochdale manager in December 2006!

I'll think you'll find Chris Dunphy appointed them! Backing their aspirations for this football club making funds available on and off the pitch for both players and sport science!

Before you slag off a man who has given the vast majority of his adult life to this football club, I suggest you get your facts straight.

Apology needed Phil.

Before becoming Chairman, CD was largely responsible for the total redevelopment of Spotland.

Dale fan through & through.

He will be hurting far more than you realise.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:26 - Jan 16 with 4206 viewsKnowlesy

I'm not sure you can say that he inherited the club in a sound financial position. Has this club ever been in a sound financial position?
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:52 - Jan 16 with 4160 viewsBigKindo

What a load of undiluted bs. If you would care to read the Company's accounts over the past years we had never been on a sound financial footing. Line 2 'Inherited....' WHAT! He appointed Hillcroft! If I was C.D. and read this crap I think I would be tendering my resignation. How many Chairman of a football club have actually taken the time to stand with Dale fans at away games? Did anybody ask C.D. would he like to be Chairman? No he was thrown into the deep end when Killie et al decided to quit.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:54 - Jan 16 with 4152 viewsPhil

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:14 - Jan 16 by NorthernSou1

Evidently, I got that bit wrong, apologies.

I change "Inherited the best management team in the history of Rochdale AFC" to "Appointed the best management team in the history of Rochdale AFC"

(although I think most of the credit goes to the successive 4-0 victories that made Hill a shoe-in for the permanent position)

Every other reply suggests I am wrong just because Chris Dunphy has given his life to Rochdale. I hear that I'm supposed to apologise for my OP because I haven't met Dunphy? Well maybe the fact I don't know him from Adam is why I can make a subjective view of his time AS CHAIRMAN and make the comments I have.

In fact, I deliberately tried to avoid any comments based on hearsay, such as the strong rumour that he gave Eyre (a complete unknown) a three-year contract.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:58 - Jan 16 with 4134 viewsBigKindo

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:54 - Jan 16 by Phil

I change "Inherited the best management team in the history of Rochdale AFC" to "Appointed the best management team in the history of Rochdale AFC"

(although I think most of the credit goes to the successive 4-0 victories that made Hill a shoe-in for the permanent position)

Every other reply suggests I am wrong just because Chris Dunphy has given his life to Rochdale. I hear that I'm supposed to apologise for my OP because I haven't met Dunphy? Well maybe the fact I don't know him from Adam is why I can make a subjective view of his time AS CHAIRMAN and make the comments I have.

In fact, I deliberately tried to avoid any comments based on hearsay, such as the strong rumour that he gave Eyre (a complete unknown) a three-year contract.

You don't have to know C.D. What I wrote is public knowledge.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:03 - Jan 16 with 4117 viewsjudd

He did allow the dug outs to be swapped around.

Completely fooked the feng shui of the club up it has.

Just saying.

Poll: What is it to be then?

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 4099 viewsBobbyjoe

Shoo-in! See me after school with Walkley!
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:24 - Jan 16 with 4073 viewsdownunder

Who do you think should have been chairman in his place? How about a comedian /welder from Oldham?
You are blindly firing off, looking for people to blame for our current position. There are a few people in this football club( or were in the club) that deserve the blame finger pointing at them, before you aim at CD.
Your ticket money will count little against what the board members have contributed, just to keep the club afloat.
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:30 - Jan 16 with 4057 viewsCedar_Room

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 10:11 - Jan 16 by TomRAFC

here speaks a man who has never spent so much as a minute in the company of chris dunphy

chris dunphy loves this club and is a dale fan through and through and you simply do not know where of you speak.

sounds to me like the same excuses made for Eyre "but, but, he's a really nice bloke when you speak to him"
The chairman gets judged by his actions as the chairman, not by words you might speak to him over a pint.
My opinion: he could not possibly have predicted how successful Hillcroft would have been. Like most decisions he has made it was the cheap option, but it just so happened the management team were the best ever seen at the club. That was not down to his judgement - it was pure luck. Hill of course was given a lot of backing - but lest we forget the times he talked about leaving the club because players had been sold from under his feet. There were many a time when I thought that Dunphy was doing his best to stop us having any success - the sale of ALF springs to mind on that front
Yes I know Dunphy is a Dale fan FFS, I know he has kept us in business, and for that I will always be grateful. The question is whether that alone is all we can/should expect from the club?
To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:39 - Jan 16 with 4036 viewsD_Alien

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:30 - Jan 16 by Cedar_Room

sounds to me like the same excuses made for Eyre "but, but, he's a really nice bloke when you speak to him"
The chairman gets judged by his actions as the chairman, not by words you might speak to him over a pint.
My opinion: he could not possibly have predicted how successful Hillcroft would have been. Like most decisions he has made it was the cheap option, but it just so happened the management team were the best ever seen at the club. That was not down to his judgement - it was pure luck. Hill of course was given a lot of backing - but lest we forget the times he talked about leaving the club because players had been sold from under his feet. There were many a time when I thought that Dunphy was doing his best to stop us having any success - the sale of ALF springs to mind on that front
Yes I know Dunphy is a Dale fan FFS, I know he has kept us in business, and for that I will always be grateful. The question is whether that alone is all we can/should expect from the club?

What do you expect from the chairman then? That he hasn't done?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:53 - Jan 16 with 4004 viewsTomRAFC

you got it more than a bit wrong

your post is a work of slanderous fiction and i struggle to see how you could post it with such conviction given your obvious lack of knowledge

the man has given his life to the club, brought in hillcroft and gave the club the best seasons in its history

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:53 - Jan 16 with 4000 viewsTVOS1907

To summarise Dunphy's time as chairman on 11:30 - Jan 16 by Cedar_Room

Wasn't ALF sold to pay off a tax bill of some description?

Good job we signed that COG bloke in his place.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024