Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europa League Prices 07:25 - Sep 6 with 17794 viewsjojaca

After hearing news that Valencia were charging £7 a ticket out in spain. I though this would be a chance for the board to drop the prices or do £1 kids scheme promotion, especially after the poor attendances of the previous europa league. But they are charging £25/£30 a ticket in this ecomony with games on the telly. The only glamour tie is Valencia, the other two games are not very attractive for the money you have to pay. I have spoken to friends and family and we will be saving our money and watching it on the telly. The prices should have been a maximum of £15 a ticket for adult and would like to have seen £10.

Even when you know, you never know?

Europa League Prices on 07:34 - Sep 6 with 7832 viewsjoswan17

Considering there's little to no money in these early stages of the Europa League the club would be at a huge loss with the travelling costs of trips to Russia, for example.

Prices seem fair, given the circumstances. What I'd expect, at least. Though appreciate the games being on tv will destroy the attendances for Kuban Krasnodar and St.Gallen.

Difficult one.

There once was an ugly duckling...

Europa League Prices on 07:48 - Sep 6 with 7797 viewsjackforever

Europa League Prices on 07:34 - Sep 6 by joswan17

Considering there's little to no money in these early stages of the Europa League the club would be at a huge loss with the travelling costs of trips to Russia, for example.

Prices seem fair, given the circumstances. What I'd expect, at least. Though appreciate the games being on tv will destroy the attendances for Kuban Krasnodar and St.Gallen.

Difficult one.

Surely travel costs are covered how else do the league of wales clubs and the like afford them. Anf even if we do make a lose, so what hardly going to break the bank. The pricing policy seems to be to charge the most we can get away with, wouldn't it be nice if that was reversed?
Europa League Prices on 07:56 - Sep 6 with 7753 viewsNeath_Jack

Europa League Prices on 07:34 - Sep 6 by joswan17

Difficult one.

Rubbish.

The club is nothing but a money making machine these days, and at the cost of the ordinary fan/customer. It's getting worse every year. Dont you think the club get more than enough money from the Premier League/Tv rights? It's pricing the working family with a couple of kids out of watching us. Don't mention dividends paid or any future ones either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Europa League Prices on 08:20 - Sep 6 with 7699 viewsjojaca

I forgot to add Wigan are letting season tickets holders in for nothing.

Even when you know, you never know?

Europa League Prices on 08:28 - Sep 6 with 7661 viewstomdickharry

The price fans pay for success, how about an immediate return to League 2 then fans would moan that the football is crap and they won't pay to watch crap football.Our great club can't win.
Europa League Prices on 08:33 - Sep 6 with 7641 viewsNeath_Jack

Europa League Prices on 08:28 - Sep 6 by tomdickharry

The price fans pay for success, how about an immediate return to League 2 then fans would moan that the football is crap and they won't pay to watch crap football.Our great club can't win.

Yeah because lowering ticket prices equate to relegation. The club are out of this world on the field, they're in their own world off it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Europa League Prices on 08:54 - Sep 6 with 7581 viewsKingBony

Europa League Prices on 08:20 - Sep 6 by jojaca

That's purely to avoid the embarrassment of an entirely empty stadium though

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Europa League Prices on 09:02 - Sep 6 with 7554 viewsPegojack

I think the powers that be have missed an opportunity here. I'm a loyal season ticket holder and, if the pricing had been realistic, would have take the opportunity to introduce one or two new faces to the Swans experience, but at these prices? No way am I trekking all the way from Hereford.

Come on board, get real. £25 to watch teams no-one's heard of, on a Thursday night when the games are televised? You'll be lucky to get 10k at each of the lesser two home games. You've missed the chance to fill the stadium, create a brilliant atmosphere and encourage some potential new fans.

You can be snide about Wigan, but that's the sort of gesture we would like to see at Swansea, or at least tickets for around £10 for the lesser two matches.
Login to get fewer ads

Europa League Prices on 09:05 - Sep 6 with 7520 viewsNeath_Jack

Europa League Prices on 09:02 - Sep 6 by Pegojack

I think the powers that be have missed an opportunity here. I'm a loyal season ticket holder and, if the pricing had been realistic, would have take the opportunity to introduce one or two new faces to the Swans experience, but at these prices? No way am I trekking all the way from Hereford.

Come on board, get real. £25 to watch teams no-one's heard of, on a Thursday night when the games are televised? You'll be lucky to get 10k at each of the lesser two home games. You've missed the chance to fill the stadium, create a brilliant atmosphere and encourage some potential new fans.

You can be snide about Wigan, but that's the sort of gesture we would like to see at Swansea, or at least tickets for around £10 for the lesser two matches.

They can't mun, we'll get relegated and all sorts. We should be grateful for what they are giving us. Or something.

Europa League Prices on 09:09 - Sep 6 with 7507 viewsKingBony

Europa League Prices on 09:05 - Sep 6 by Neath_Jack

They can't mun, we'll get relegated and all sorts. We should be grateful for what they are giving us. Or something.

'Correct'

Breathe it in boyos ~ If you don't want to travel from Hereford, like you would for a Crystal Palace or a Hull game in the PL for a reduced price to support your team in a competition we may never get to again then I'd question that word you used 'loyal'

Europa League Prices on 09:23 - Sep 6 with 7464 viewsWinchWenJack

Full stadium then!

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Europa League Prices on 09:29 - Sep 6 with 7437 viewsDarran

How much is a season ticket to watch Valencia then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Europa League Prices on 09:30 - Sep 6 with 7426 viewsBelfast

Europa League Prices on 09:09 - Sep 6 by KingBony

'Correct'

Breathe it in boyos ~ If you don't want to travel from Hereford, like you would for a Crystal Palace or a Hull game in the PL for a reduced price to support your team in a competition we may never get to again then I'd question that word you used 'loyal'

Can i put it on a flag tho ?

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Europa League Prices on 09:32 - Sep 6 with 7416 viewsCliffTop

In all fairness Wigan can offer free entry as they couldn't fill their stadium in the Premier League, so the only way to get anywhere near a tidy crowd is to offer free entry.

Swansea on the other hand sell out week in week out, hence the ability to charge a price, and in my opinion a fair price. You buy the package deal which costs ST's £60 - £20 a game. For European group stages that seems more than a fair price.

Spurs are charging either £25 or £30, so sounds about right to me.

Also, if we do progress further and suddenly everybody wants tickets, I am sure those who attended the three group games will be in with a much better chance of getting tickets.
Europa League Prices on 09:32 - Sep 6 with 7414 viewsKingBony

Europa League Prices on 09:29 - Sep 6 by Darran

How much is a season ticket to watch Valencia then?

20000000 potatoes

Europa League Prices on 09:32 - Sep 6 with 7409 viewsJBT95

That's probably to get people to buy season tickets though...
Europa League Prices on 09:32 - Sep 6 with 7408 viewsKingBony

Europa League Prices on 09:30 - Sep 6 by Belfast

Can i put it on a flag tho ?

You can do what you want

Europa League Prices on 09:33 - Sep 6 with 7403 viewsJBT95

Seriously some people want something for nothing, if you couldn't save up £60 in six months that's your fault. These games are still cheaper than Premier League games.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2013 9:40]
Europa League Prices on 09:42 - Sep 6 with 7369 viewsPegojack

It's not about who can save up £60, or who is and isn't loyal! I despair sometimes reading this forum.
It's about being realistic with pricing in difficult times for everyone. Would you rather have an almost full stadium at £10 a ticket, or a more than half empty one at £20/25 a ticket? Pictures of vast rows of empty seats being beamed around Europe? Less atmosphere than on Mars?
I'm saying price it sensibly, get the people in, sell more programmes, drinks, food, club shop items, introduce new fans, etc, etc. Everybody's happy.
Europa League Prices on 09:45 - Sep 6 with 7354 viewsBelfast

Europa League Prices on 09:32 - Sep 6 by KingBony

You can do what you want

Really ?

What a shame we never hit it off eh ?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2013 9:45]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Europa League Prices on 09:55 - Sep 6 with 7309 viewsJackSomething

Europa League Prices on 09:33 - Sep 6 by JBT95

Seriously some people want something for nothing, if you couldn't save up £60 in six months that's your fault. These games are still cheaper than Premier League games.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2013 9:40]

Well done for spectacularly missing the point.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Europa League Prices on 09:55 - Sep 6 with 7308 viewsJackSomething

Europa League Prices on 09:42 - Sep 6 by Pegojack

It's not about who can save up £60, or who is and isn't loyal! I despair sometimes reading this forum.
It's about being realistic with pricing in difficult times for everyone. Would you rather have an almost full stadium at £10 a ticket, or a more than half empty one at £20/25 a ticket? Pictures of vast rows of empty seats being beamed around Europe? Less atmosphere than on Mars?
I'm saying price it sensibly, get the people in, sell more programmes, drinks, food, club shop items, introduce new fans, etc, etc. Everybody's happy.

Exactamundo.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Europa League Prices on 09:59 - Sep 6 with 7291 viewsmonmouth

Yes, a hard headed business decision would be to look very closely at those prices and what the longer term growth plan might be. perhaps they think they'd still only get 12000 at £10 so they'd better maximise the income from the core support.

God help the attendance if we've lost games before the home ones against the teams no one's heard of before.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Europa League Prices on 10:04 - Sep 6 with 7272 viewsKingBony

Europa League Prices on 09:45 - Sep 6 by Belfast

Really ?

What a shame we never hit it off eh ?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2013 9:45]

I know :-( try again?

Europa League Prices on 10:05 - Sep 6 with 7268 viewsKingBony

Well you had a dig at the club and said you weren't prepared to travel at that price?
If you want a burger and a drink there's your extra £10

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024