Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life after Death 21:54 - Jan 18 with 22103 viewsLord_Bony

Been reading a bit on this lately.

Do you think when we die that is it,end of story.

Or do you think the spirit lives on?

Would like some views on this.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Life after Death on 21:06 - Jan 26 with 1895 viewsjackb

Life after Death on 20:08 - Jan 26 by Phaedrus

If I throw an apple up in the air, it lands on the ground because of the attraction between it and the earth, not because someone somewhere decided that there is a force called gravity.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 20:09]

that's intelligent falling!
Life after Death on 21:07 - Jan 26 with 1904 viewsWarwickHunt

Life after Death on 20:34 - Jan 26 by Lord_Bony

I'm off out to play the drums now.

I will respond in due course...stay tuned.

You're a drummer? I'd never have guessed...
Life after Death on 21:28 - Jan 26 with 1871 viewsShaky

Life after Death on 21:05 - Jan 26 by swanjackal

Yes I'm sure that holds up in a court of law too. He asks to take a donkey that is tied up without permission from the owner. Now you can try and get around this how you may, that is asking someone to take something from someone without permission, theft.

Luke12 v47-48. For slavery, and the beating of them.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 21:07]

Luke 12:47-48

King James Version (KJV)

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

To suggest that is an endorsement of slavery , as opposed to a parable involving the daily lives of common folk in ancient times, is in my view completely absurd, as is the wider charge that Jesus is amoral.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Life after Death on 21:36 - Jan 26 with 1856 viewsswanjackal

Life after Death on 21:28 - Jan 26 by Shaky

Luke 12:47-48

King James Version (KJV)

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

To suggest that is an endorsement of slavery , as opposed to a parable involving the daily lives of common folk in ancient times, is in my view completely absurd, as is the wider charge that Jesus is amoral.

So saying a slave should accept a beating even if he has done nothing wrong is not an endorsement for slavery? Parable or not, this is as amoral as it gets in my eye, certainly not showing enlightenment to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Life after Death on 21:49 - Jan 26 with 1843 viewsShaky

Life after Death on 21:36 - Jan 26 by swanjackal

So saying a slave should accept a beating even if he has done nothing wrong is not an endorsement for slavery? Parable or not, this is as amoral as it gets in my eye, certainly not showing enlightenment to me.

He has done something ethically wrong if you read the whole passage.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2012&version=NKJV

If you can't see that then let's agree to disagree again, because personally I feel this current line of discussion is a waste of time.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Life after Death on 21:55 - Jan 26 with 1838 viewsswanjackal

Life after Death on 21:49 - Jan 26 by Shaky

He has done something ethically wrong if you read the whole passage.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2012&version=NKJV

If you can't see that then let's agree to disagree again, because personally I feel this current line of discussion is a waste of time.

I agree, gone off topic. Jesus and his lesser purported attributes are another discussion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Life after Death on 04:35 - Jan 27 with 1815 viewsLord_Bony

Life after Death on 19:54 - Jan 26 by Lord_Bony

I leave you lot for a few hours and it predictably descends into taking the pss out of God.

I never even mentioned religion you thick tw.ts.

I put it to you that there may be a transcendental supernatural intelligence over looking the day to day running of the universe like a well oiled machine.

I also believe there are many universes,dimensions and extraterrestrial civilizations.

Much work still remains to be done on the above argument from design to make it more rigorous. In the meantime, we can confidently say, many features of the fundamental structure of the universe strongly point to a transcendent intelligence behind the universe.

I also believe that our consciousness or spirit goes to one of these dimensions as a collective to be amongst many one day to be returned.
Continue the Debate

http://infidels.org/library/modern/robin_collins/design.html

What is intelligent design of the universe?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Life after Death on 07:16 - Jan 27 with 1799 viewsPhaedrus

So rather than explain what you think, you post a youtube video. How disappointing. Especially after having the temerity to accuse others of weak response. Resorting to the use of videos and links as a sole mode of response is a bit of a giveaway.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 8:04]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Login to get fewer ads

Life after Death on 09:22 - Jan 27 with 1763 viewsShaky

Just to round this off and complete the picture of my personal wackiness, I should mention that I also tend to believe in reincarnation.

This is indirectly as a result of some research I started almost 20 years ago into famous stock market operators.

One of the ones I took an interest in was a guy called WD Gann, who was known to use astrology extensively for timing his activities.

FWIW, I identified various astrological patterns that were remarkably good at describing the cyclical nature of certain markets, however, they were prone to morph and shift in a way that I certainly did not discover an overall reliable pattern for. That said the most impressive long term theory I have found developed by one of Gann's associates is indicating a major change in trend right about now, which also corresponds to indications of a market top I also have from other perspectives. We shall see.

However, I wanted to broaden my understanding into Gann's methods to see if there was anything I was missing, and began to investigate what is known as natal astrology. As opposed to mystic Meg style 'you will meet an old friend today' based on star signs, natal astrology requires precise information on time and place of birth so the exact position of the planets and zodiac can be calculated.

And that was something I found to offer impressively revealing insights into personality, or what might be esoterically described as Karmic baggage carried forward from past lives.

Putting all this together, I suspect what might be occurring is that our souls experience a number of reincarnations in different signs of the zodiac designed to teach us key cosmic lessons. Once a cycle is complete and we have been successful we may have a chance to break out of this cycle and move up a level of spiritual existence, whatever that may entail.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Life after Death on 09:38 - Jan 27 with 1758 viewsPhaedrus

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Life after Death on 09:44 - Jan 27 with 1750 viewsLord_Bony

Fe kin loves it!

Do you have any more please?

Life after Death on 09:47 - Jan 27 with 1739 viewsShaky

Life after Death on 09:38 - Jan 27 by Phaedrus

Tell you what, Phaedrus, I am a bit rusty not having done this for a few years, but as a little experiment if you provide me with your time, date, and place of birth I'll to your natal horoscope for you.

Then you can scoff at something specific - how about that?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Life after Death on 10:23 - Jan 27 with 1726 viewsPhaedrus

I'm just blending in. For my next answer you will have to travel to Peru, take peyote and meditate with the lamas. Then my response will come to you in a hallucination. It will be well worth it, honest.

Life after Death on 10:37 - Jan 27 with 1696 viewsShaky

Life after Death on 10:23 - Jan 27 by Phaedrus

I'm just blending in. For my next answer you will have to travel to Peru, take peyote and meditate with the lamas. Then my response will come to you in a hallucination. It will be well worth it, honest.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Life after Death on 10:38 - Jan 27 with 1702 viewsLord_Bony

The Meaning of Life explained.

Life after Death on 11:24 - Jan 27 with 1663 viewsjackb

astrology, oh dear, i thought it couldn't get any dafter but never underestimate the level of stupid in the world!
Life after Death on 12:40 - Jan 27 with 1632 viewsShaky

Life after Death on 11:24 - Jan 27 by jackb

astrology, oh dear, i thought it couldn't get any dafter but never underestimate the level of stupid in the world!

I have to say I love your comment, because every time I hear something like this I am reminded to the classic John Candy line in 'Who is harry Crumb'; "I'm so highly trained I don't even have to think before I speak"

Misology -- It's a bitch

Life after Death on 13:17 - Jan 27 with 1623 viewsEbo

This is an interesting film, quite spooky. Make your own mind up about it though

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Life after Death on 22:06 - Jan 28 with 1547 viewsjules

Best quote on this subject was by Mark Twain: “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” Enough said!
Life after Death on 22:47 - Jan 29 with 1473 viewsCottsy

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/afterlife-bins-day-is-tuesday-2014012

Afterlife 'bins day is Tuesday'

28-01-14

A MAN who had a near-death experience has returned with a refreshingly detailed account of the afterlife.

38-year-old Tom Booker emerged from a coma to report on previously unknown aspects of the afterlife, such as whether there are cars.

He said: “It also frustrated me that people just mentioned ‘lights’ and ‘a tunnel’ so I’m glad to set the record straight on a few things.

“In the afterlife everyone drives Toyota Corollas. Not sure why.

“The houses are modest three bedroom affairs, all identical, like a council estate or cheaper private housing development. But they’re fine, you get a fridge and washing machine.

“Shopswise I saw a Lidl, also a Benetton and they still have Tie Rack which I thought was interesting.

“One of the main issues is parking because people keep dying.

“I don’t know what else to say really. It was alright.”

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Life after Death on 23:48 - Jan 29 with 1471 viewsDavillin

It's about life after death, so don't just click away from this:

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Life after Death on 00:22 - Jan 30 with 1461 viewsWarwickHunt

Life after Death on 23:48 - Jan 29 by Davillin

It's about life after death, so don't just click away from this:

Err - no it's not.

It's about things (or life, if you want to be existential) not living up to expectations. It's very closely based on Thomas Mann's short story Disillusionment.

Still, you crack on...
Life after Death on 15:26 - Jan 30 with 1420 viewsDavillin

Life after Death on 00:22 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

Err - no it's not.

It's about things (or life, if you want to be existential) not living up to expectations. It's very closely based on Thomas Mann's short story Disillusionment.

Still, you crack on...

If you had the intelligence to listen to the end of the song, you'd know that it is about life after death - "that final disappointment."

Anyone whose username calls himself a kHunt has to be the saddest of human beings. At least you're honest about yourself.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Life after Death on 15:37 - Jan 30 with 1415 viewsApathy

Goulet

Life after Death on 16:23 - Jan 30 with 1408 viewsWarwickHunt

Life after Death on 15:26 - Jan 30 by Davillin

If you had the intelligence to listen to the end of the song, you'd know that it is about life after death - "that final disappointment."

Anyone whose username calls himself a kHunt has to be the saddest of human beings. At least you're honest about yourself.

Thanks, Jedd - as music is both my day job and my passion, I've been familiar with this and the other works of Leiber and Stoller for quite some time now...

Jerry Leiber didn't think it was about life after death, quite the opposite if anything. Still, what the f*ck would the writer know?

Pompous pr1ck.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024