Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No big named signings 10:32 - Jan 22 with 1319 viewsTheArtChappy

Maybe because ML is off in the summer, and the clubdoesn't want a player here on a good contract when the next manager might not want him. Like ML and ki.
Maybe money is tighter than we know.
Maybe they feel with the injury list getting better soon they don't want a big spend.
One think though all this unrest being portrayed in the press wouldn't be giving any possible signings a good impression.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

No big named signings on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 1275 viewsZut_Alors

If that was the case, I'd hope we would consider splashing the cash on a half-season loan. Wouldn't have thought a lack of money is the issue here, more likely what you say, or a perceived lack of value in prospective signings, or even that we're just biding our time.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2014 10:41]
No big named signings on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 1273 viewsJACKARSE

Swans need a quality signing maybe at a price. Offset the cost of maybe selling Ki in the summer.

The value of bringing a new face in mid-season always has the effect of lifting the place. The fans get excited by someone different and so do the players. The players alsos know that they have to pull their finger out.

Everyone would react to it and it would be a huge benefit. Come on HJ pull your finger out we only have 10 days
No big named signings on 11:06 - Jan 22 with 1184 viewsDull1Thomas

We didn't have any big signings last January either so it may be disingenuous to link lack of transfer activity with ML's longer term commitment..

Not bringing players because the manager may not be in place next season or because we may have a different face in August seems to be taking a high risk strategy. Managers come and go quite regularly and have, including Laudrup, had to work with staff and players we already have.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

No big named signings on 13:02 - Jan 22 with 1039 viewsmonmouth

No big named signings on 11:06 - Jan 22 by Dull1Thomas

We didn't have any big signings last January either so it may be disingenuous to link lack of transfer activity with ML's longer term commitment..

Not bringing players because the manager may not be in place next season or because we may have a different face in August seems to be taking a high risk strategy. Managers come and go quite regularly and have, including Laudrup, had to work with staff and players we already have.

Maybe the manager doesn't want any of those available to us? I'd like the see a couple, but pointless if it's going to make no real difference.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

No big named signings on 13:11 - Jan 22 with 990 viewsMattG

Quite often, and particularly in January, a number of transfers fall into a chain with the movement of one player between clubs making funds or another player available.

Until that first transfer happens, things can stagnate and maybe that's what's happening here - there could be one or two players lined up, either on permanent deals or on loan, but we can't close the deal until the selling / loaning club completes a deal of their own.

For that reason, I'm not writing this transfer window off just yet.

Of course, if that first deal falls down then those further down the chain can be left with a problem but hopefully ML and the board have alternatives in mind.
No big named signings on 14:14 - Jan 22 with 883 viewsjohnlangy

No big named signings on 13:11 - Jan 22 by MattG

Quite often, and particularly in January, a number of transfers fall into a chain with the movement of one player between clubs making funds or another player available.

Until that first transfer happens, things can stagnate and maybe that's what's happening here - there could be one or two players lined up, either on permanent deals or on loan, but we can't close the deal until the selling / loaning club completes a deal of their own.

For that reason, I'm not writing this transfer window off just yet.

Of course, if that first deal falls down then those further down the chain can be left with a problem but hopefully ML and the board have alternatives in mind.

A sensible post. Thank you Matt.
No big named signings on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 801 viewsflavafridge

I was chatting to a fellow supporter who is under the impression that ML is on his way out in the summer and Huw wants to keep money back for the incoming manager.
No big named signings on 15:57 - Jan 22 with 785 viewslovejuicejack

No big named signings on 15:53 - Jan 22 by flavafridge

I was chatting to a fellow supporter who is under the impression that ML is on his way out in the summer and Huw wants to keep money back for the incoming manager.

that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, I talked to a guy that said he used to drink in the same club as Lord Lucan.
Login to get fewer ads

No big named signings on 16:02 - Jan 22 with 776 viewsflavafridge

No big named signings on 15:57 - Jan 22 by lovejuicejack

that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, I talked to a guy that said he used to drink in the same club as Lord Lucan.

I agree, it's just another view point
No big named signings on 16:17 - Jan 22 with 744 viewsbaits

some footballers we have shown their class as FLOP

we can get rid of them, and buy some real deals from Spain or within the league.

Iago Aspas has always been on the list.

I would also love to see Alan Hutton loaned out to Mallorca from Aston Villa
No big named signings on 16:22 - Jan 22 with 728 viewsLeonisGod

The answer is number 4 - players are expected back from injury. ML has stated as much.
No big named signings on 16:32 - Jan 22 with 700 viewsDr_Winston

No big named signings on 16:22 - Jan 22 by LeonisGod

The answer is number 4 - players are expected back from injury. ML has stated as much.

But that still leaves us with sizeable deficiencies in quality out wide and up front. Whatever happens with regards to injuries, we needed to add players there this window.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024