Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Approved! 10:35 - Jan 24 with 4711 viewsSwanzay

Swansea City have been granted planning permission this evening to extend the capacity of the club’s Liberty Stadium home from 20,500 to almost 33,000 in three phases.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-citys-liberty-stadium-expan
Approved! on 10:39 - Jan 24 with 2981 viewsSgorioFruit

Thats if we manage to stay up surely?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Approved! on 10:45 - Jan 24 with 2931 viewsraynor94

Approved! on 10:39 - Jan 24 by SgorioFruit

Thats if we manage to stay up surely?

Why the ground needs extending full stop

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Approved! on 11:09 - Jan 24 with 2791 viewsLord_Bony

Perfect timing.
At least they can see how the season pans out before getting the builders in.

Shrewd.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Approved! on 11:17 - Jan 24 with 2753 viewsSgorioFruit

Approved! on 10:45 - Jan 24 by raynor94

Why the ground needs extending full stop

Im all for it dont get me wrong. There will be plenty of empty seats shall we get relegated though.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Approved! on 11:18 - Jan 24 with 2747 viewsjohnlangy

Approved! on 11:09 - Jan 24 by Lord_Bony

Perfect timing.

Shrewd.

It's just what HJ said would happen. We would start Phase 1 in March provided we are confident we are staying up.
Approved! on 11:38 - Jan 24 with 2677 viewsJethroJack

This is great news, no doubt, but....

.....what doesn't quite add up for me is the claim that we have an 8000 waiting list for season tickets. So, why don't (at least some of) these future season ticket holders turn up when tickets are currently available for those premier league games that haven't sold out

Are they too tight to pay match-day prices that JA Members & non-members pay?

Do we really have the future demand to ensure 16,000 + 8000 = 24,000 season ticket holders becomes a reality? (even assuming we stay in the premier league for the foreseeable future).

For what its worth, a season ticket is (unfortunately) not really worthwhile for me & mine, because we live 150 miles from the Liberty, but we do have 4 JA Memberships in the family. Depending on ticket availability, we try to get to at least 10 home and 10 away games a season (it used to be more, when tickets were plentiful in the past).
Approved! on 11:45 - Jan 24 with 2641 viewsC_jack

Build it and they will come.

No fan, or even manager can argue with the board's long term ambitions.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Approved! on 11:58 - Jan 24 with 2594 viewsJethroJack

Approved! on 11:45 - Jan 24 by C_jack

Build it and they will come.

No fan, or even manager can argue with the board's long term ambitions.

And yet.......there are still quite a few on this forum trying to do just that
[Post edited 24 Jan 2014 11:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Approved! on 12:06 - Jan 24 with 2566 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Approved! on 11:38 - Jan 24 by JethroJack

.....what doesn't quite add up for me is the claim that we have an 8000 waiting list for season tickets. So, why don't (at least some of) these future season ticket holders turn up when tickets are currently available for those premier league games that haven't sold out

Do we really have the future demand to ensure 16,000 + 8000 = 24,000 season ticket holders becomes a reality? (even assuming we stay in the premier league for the foreseeable future).

For what its worth, a season ticket is (unfortunately) not really worthwhile for me & mine, because we live 150 miles from the Liberty, but we do have 4 JA Memberships in the family. Depending on ticket availability, we try to get to at least 10 home and 10 away games a season (it used to be more, when tickets were plentiful in the past).

I know that the sale of ST's is a massive income guarantee for the club but should we sell 4000 extra ST's or 2000 to enable more of a walk up crowd in? This is only while the first phase is done, after that increase the ST %. Ideally, with a 33,000 capacity we should aim for 22-24 k ST holders, 2000 away fans , 500 empty for segregation leaving 4-6 k walk up?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Approved! on 12:09 - Jan 24 with 2552 viewsLeonisGod

Approved! on 11:09 - Jan 24 by Lord_Bony

Perfect timing.

Shrewd.

Hmm. Perfect timing would have been 3 years ago. Better late than never though.
Approved! on 12:12 - Jan 24 with 2535 viewsDewi1jack

Approved! on 11:17 - Jan 24 by SgorioFruit

Im all for it dont get me wrong. There will be plenty of empty seats shall we get relegated though.

Personally this worry about empty seats seems a bit short sighted.
Yes, money does need to be made available every year for squad strengthening, to ensure we can continue to compete, within the "2nd league in the Prem" (hopefully in the future, we can compete for the upper league, but not at the risk of the club.)
But, if we do go down, I can see us coming straight back up, like Newcastle, Sunderland and even the yo-yo club that were WBA.
We're in a far far better position to start with than Brum, Pompey , Bolton and numerous others were/are.
If the players are willing to accept the challenge of getting us back up that is.
I'm sure the board have risk managed the possibility of relegation and hopefully keeping the majority of the squad together.
Personally, I have my tickets, so I really shouldn't care about an expansion.
But I do, because all the new fans/ old fans who can't get tickets, we can get through the turnstiles, the more chance of the long term survival of the club.
If there is no call for a football club, there will be no football club.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Approved! on 12:22 - Jan 24 with 2481 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Approved! on 11:17 - Jan 24 by SgorioFruit

Even if we go down there's massive scope for the kids for a quid scheme , free tickets for schools and other general concessions which will bring fans for the future

Approved! on 12:26 - Jan 24 with 2468 viewsDarran

Approved! on 12:22 - Jan 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Even if we go down there's massive scope for the kids for a quid scheme , free tickets for schools and other general concessions which will bring fans for the future

Yeah that's it spend millions on an extension and we can give free tickets away,buy the f*cking things like everyone else.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Approved! on 12:35 - Jan 24 with 2444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Approved! on 12:26 - Jan 24 by Darran

Yeah that's it spend millions on an extension and we can give free tickets away,buy the f*cking things like everyone else.

Stop trolling you Dill

Approved! on 12:56 - Jan 24 with 2391 views_Kieran

F*cking wonderful news. Our stadium should had been built like MK Dons' 1 is IMO in the first place.

Who gives a f*ck about potential empty seats if we know there's going to be thousands empty just section off blocks to reduce the impact on the atmosphere.

I'm sure the likes of Leeds etc don't mind the 40K crowds against the big teams then 20K empty seats the next still brings in more ££££ that way.

Critics of the expansion are probably the same people who said 20K would be too big for us.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2014 12:57]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Approved! on 12:59 - Jan 24 with 2381 views_Kieran

Approved! on 12:12 - Jan 24 by Dewi1jack

Personally this worry about empty seats seems a bit short sighted.
Yes, money does need to be made available every year for squad strengthening, to ensure we can continue to compete, within the "2nd league in the Prem" (hopefully in the future, we can compete for the upper league, but not at the risk of the club.)
But, if we do go down, I can see us coming straight back up, like Newcastle, Sunderland and even the yo-yo club that were WBA.
We're in a far far better position to start with than Brum, Pompey , Bolton and numerous others were/are.
If the players are willing to accept the challenge of getting us back up that is.
I'm sure the board have risk managed the possibility of relegation and hopefully keeping the majority of the squad together.
Personally, I have my tickets, so I really shouldn't care about an expansion.
But I do, because all the new fans/ old fans who can't get tickets, we can get through the turnstiles, the more chance of the long term survival of the club.
If there is no call for a football club, there will be no football club.

Sounds like ML is deffo f*cking off in the summer. If worst comes the worst and we're in the Championship I do think we'd be in a very strong position to come back up unless we p!ss it away by appointing some mong like Owen Coyle or Paul Ince.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2014 12:59]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Approved! on 13:01 - Jan 24 with 2373 viewsDr_Winston

How much of a lead in time would we need to arrange someone to build it and start ordering the materials? March would probably be cutting it fine if we want the work done this summer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Approved! on 13:03 - Jan 24 with 2363 viewsDevz00

Approved! on 11:38 - Jan 24 by JethroJack

I don't know. It's possible that the majority of fans on the waiting list are likely to be relatively new fans and more interested in watching the bigger sides. So when we play the likes of Stoke etc they wouldn't necessarily want to buy a match day ticket.

Of course, there are a lot of fans on that list who will watch the Swans, regardless of the opposition. Either way, we need more seats in the stadium to get these fans in. The new fans who are only interested in the big games may find themselves become more interested in the games against the "lesser" sides, soon enough.

You have to factor in too, that those on the waiting list are probably making up a lot of our current walk-up crowd.

You might be right though, regarding them not wanting to pay the match day prices. Like yourself, I live over 150 miles from Swansea. So I have to pay the match day prices whenever I get to a home game. And they are expensive.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2014 13:05]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Approved! on 13:07 - Jan 24 with 2339 viewsDevz00

Approved! on 13:01 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

How much of a lead in time would we need to arrange someone to build it and start ordering the materials? March would probably be cutting it fine if we want the work done this summer.

Pick up 8-10 points from our next block of 6 league games and they can start ordering!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Approved! on 13:07 - Jan 24 with 2337 views_Kieran

If or when this sh!t is completed I hope they still won't charge £25 + for POXY opposition in minging early round cup games.

It's our cup game prices that do my head in more than £35 to watch Hull.

Approved! on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 2319 viewsDull1Thomas

2 things

1) - we won't need an extension if we are not in the Prem
2) - we may not have the money for an extension if the Council has screwed up the rent / lease and we have to fork our extra for that.

Personally I believe we will be in the Prem but would rather save cash to build our own 30 - 35,000 stadium from a new design.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Approved! on 13:12 - Jan 24 with 2314 views_Kieran

Approved! on 13:11 - Jan 24 by Dull1Thomas

2 things

2) - we may not have the money for an extension if the Council has screwed up the rent / lease and we have to fork our extra for that.

Personally I believe we will be in the Prem but would rather save cash to build our own 30 - 35,000 stadium from a new design.

1) No sh!t Sherlock.

Approved! on 13:15 - Jan 24 with 2304 viewsDull1Thomas

Approved! on 13:12 - Jan 24 by _Kieran

1) No sh!t Sherlock.

Not bad …. almost a page of posts before meaningless personal abuse.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Approved! on 13:25 - Jan 24 with 2280 viewsscottishjack

I'm all for extending the Stadium, just a thought though, does this mean that we will own a stake in the stadium? Or do we already?

Surely the Swans are going to funding this, not the Council or the Ospreys?
Approved! on 13:26 - Jan 24 with 2279 viewsDewi1jack

Approved! on 13:11 - Jan 24 by Dull1Thomas

2 things

A few of us championed the idea of buying the stadium, while we were in the Championship.
As Swansea's council is absolutely sh1te with it's finances and has been for many many years, it needs to raise finances.
Would it now be worth us buying the ground outright off the idiots in County Hall?
Take it on a mortgage over x amount of years, then all the concerts, rent off the Eggs/ Welsh team playing would be going back into the club.
Plus, we owned the Vetch and it helped when things got bad, owning the stadium may get us a preferential rate if we need to borrow money, due to cash flow problems (most businesses get these from time to time.)
You never know, the ticket office, food outlets etc may improve their service as well

Has the opinion of others that disagreed with the idea, with some good well thought out arguments, changed now?
Genuinely interested, not an "I told you so."
[Post edited 24 Jan 2014 13:30]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024