Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hernandez 09:52 - Jan 29 with 4605 views1jack

Heard a lot of people having a right go at him last night, which is well out of order. Pablo is a confidence player, he's not 100% match fit right now and if you are not match fit you do not have the confidence to try everything. We saw a few little glimpses of what he can do last night, but I am saying now, when he is 100% match fit and hopefully gets a good run with no injuries he is going to be one hell of a player for us! he has great feet and a great technique give this guy a chance! get off his back, support him and watch him go, he will be brilliant.
Hernandez on 09:55 - Jan 29 with 2934 viewsUxbridge

Not a lot worked for anyone in the first half yesterday. However what was good all came from our right side. All of it.

Typical Home Swans yesterday though. Awful first half, much better second. It's getting very predictable.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Hernandez on 10:07 - Jan 29 with 2852 viewsNeathJack

It always takes Pablo 3-4 games to get back up to speed after injury. He is then usually outstanding for the following couple of games before his next injury.
Hernandez on 10:09 - Jan 29 with 2835 viewsZut_Alors

Hernandez on 10:07 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

It always takes Pablo 3-4 games to get back up to speed after injury. He is then usually outstanding for the following couple of games before his next injury.

That's his shortcoming, really, at least this season. Be fantastic if we could keep him fit. I wonder whether we shouldn't play him as often, perhaps start Routs and Dyer against the Spammers.
Hernandez on 10:13 - Jan 29 with 2788 viewsJackTheLad

I think he thrives from cutting on from the left. So for me he seems a little isolated at right wing. Dyer on the right and an in form Hernandez on the left is a joy to watch, I think we have been missing that a lot, now they are both fit with Michu and Vorm also to come back I think we are going to start hitting top form again in February.

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Hernandez on 10:13 - Jan 29 with 2792 viewsWhiterockin

The problem is our wide players get compared to Dyer.
Hernandez on 10:15 - Jan 29 with 2778 viewsshandyjack

Hernandez on 10:13 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

problem is he was dreadful last night, but hopefuly it was a one off performance and once fully fit we will see him back to his best. He offered no width whatsoever and was too lazy,

Poll: Expectation for the season

Hernandez on 10:17 - Jan 29 with 2771 viewsdeanscfc

I think injuries have taken their toll on his pace. He didn't have the pace to beat his man on the outside yesterday as he expected to be able to.
Hernandez on 10:18 - Jan 29 with 2766 viewsMillJack

Hernandez on 09:55 - Jan 29 by Uxbridge

Not a lot worked for anyone in the first half yesterday. However what was good all came from our right side. All of it.

Typical Home Swans yesterday though. Awful first half, much better second. It's getting very predictable.

I don't think we were poor 1st half, we just struggled to break down a team who defended as a block of 10 players in front of their 18 yard box. Their game was always to try and catch us on the break and play for set-pieces.

It seems to me that their plan was to keep it nil-nil or nick one before going two up top after an hour, hence bringing on Bent on 60 minutes. Unfortunately for them we got the 1st soon after and their increasing determination to go forward played into our hands for the last half hour.

If JJS had scored one of thise chances 1st half, particularly the early one, I think we could have gone on to score 4 or 5.
Login to get fewer ads

Hernandez on 10:18 - Jan 29 with 2761 viewsUxbridge

Hernandez on 10:13 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

Which Dyer? The one who changed the game yesterday, or the one that was universally seen as third choice for large stretches of the last couple of years?

Typical wingers really. Hot and cold. Different games suit them differently. Yesterday was made for Dyer and he made a massive difference.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Hernandez on 10:40 - Jan 29 with 2642 viewsjacksinceever

Hernandez on 10:15 - Jan 29 by shandyjack

problem is he was dreadful last night, but hopefuly it was a one off performance and once fully fit we will see him back to his best. He offered no width whatsoever and was too lazy,

Whipping boy this year = Pablo. Simples
FFS mun. The guy has just come back from injury. Do you honestly think he or any other player wants to be not playing. He tried as hard as anyone last night and deserves credit for his contribution, not slagging off.
As for offering no width there were several occasions when he got to the RH touchline and I also recall him winning us a couple of corners? He also drilled in one ball in the first half which should have been fired home.
Hernandez on 10:43 - Jan 29 with 2617 viewsshandyjack

Hernandez on 10:40 - Jan 29 by jacksinceever

FFS mun. The guy has just come back from injury. Do you honestly think he or any other player wants to be not playing. He tried as hard as anyone last night and deserves credit for his contribution, not slagging off.
As for offering no width there were several occasions when he got to the RH touchline and I also recall him winning us a couple of corners? He also drilled in one ball in the first half which should have been fired home.

by no means my whipping boy, just thought he was awful last night, coming back from injury no excuse really as JDG was back from an injury and Dyer.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Hernandez on 10:47 - Jan 29 with 2593 viewsJonTheJack

Hernandez on 10:40 - Jan 29 by jacksinceever

Cluess idiots as usual.

He was even getting slated for not getting hold of a bad ball from Angel. Even when Angel had lifted his arms in apology as zoo as it left his foot.

Pablo is not like Dyer who will sprint down the line, people need to understand this.
Hernandez on 10:47 - Jan 29 with 2589 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I am sick to death of giving Pablo chances

He has played around 50 games for us now since he signed and he has played well in around 4 games !

This season I have seen him caught by defenders when put through because he has no pace, I have seen him lose the ball fall over and not track back many times, last night I seen Angel telling him to get down the wing but he didn't move.

Add to the fact that he is injury prone I just don't think he is that good and we should start planning for another winger.
Hernandez on 10:51 - Jan 29 with 2569 viewspencoedjack

Hernandez on 10:43 - Jan 29 by shandyjack

by no means my whipping boy, just thought he was awful last night, coming back from injury no excuse really as JDG was back from an injury and Dyer.

Agree

Been one of Pablo's biggest fans thought he was awful last night ......

Been one of Dyers biggest critics thought he was awesome last night.
Hernandez on 10:58 - Jan 29 with 2524 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hernandez on 10:07 - Jan 29 by NeathJack

If they ever remake Groundhog Day he should be in it lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hernandez on 11:00 - Jan 29 with 2507 views_Kieran

I honestly did not think he was THAT bad, or worse than others around him (For example, LEON + JDG) first half.

Think some people are mad he didn't go flying in to them 60-40's and risk injuring himself again.

Some absolute class touches (re-watch the game if you can download it) BUT his end product was unusually wayward.

TOP, TOP PLAYAAAAAAA. TRIFFIC LAD.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Hernandez on 11:35 - Jan 29 with 2404 viewsBloodyhills

You could see Hernandez was battling hard and it will take a few games for him to get back on form.

I am glad to see him playing with a lot of heart.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Hernandez on 11:39 - Jan 29 with 2379 viewsjackonicko

I like Pablo and think he gives us something different and hugely important on his day, but last night was not just rustiness and lack of match fitness. He shirked at least two 70/30 balls in his favour during the first half - fear of getting injured again?

You didn't see the same from Dyer when he came on - it's not the attitude you need in a relegation scrap. He needs to get that out of his system, fast.
Hernandez on 11:46 - Jan 29 with 2350 viewsPlasticman

Hernandez on 11:39 - Jan 29 by jackonicko

I like Pablo and think he gives us something different and hugely important on his day, but last night was not just rustiness and lack of match fitness. He shirked at least two 70/30 balls in his favour during the first half - fear of getting injured again?

You didn't see the same from Dyer when he came on - it's not the attitude you need in a relegation scrap. He needs to get that out of his system, fast.

I thought hernandez did ok.

Regarding Dyer, it wasn't long after he had gotten on before he was humping after a tackle and nursing his ankle, at which point I was already dreading a new injury to him.

Plastic since 2012

Hernandez on 11:56 - Jan 29 with 2320 viewsCatullus

Hernandez on 10:18 - Jan 29 by Uxbridge

Which Dyer? The one who changed the game yesterday, or the one that was universally seen as third choice for large stretches of the last couple of years?

Typical wingers really. Hot and cold. Different games suit them differently. Yesterday was made for Dyer and he made a massive difference.

Yeah this. Pablo couldn't beat a tiring full back for pace and obviously he is not match fit but just maybe injuries have robbed him of some pace too. His first touch is good and maybe he would do better in the CAM role sometimes?
Dyer made a world of difference, we looked dangerous when he arrived. He scared the life out of the two defenders who just couldn't control him!!
For me, Hernandez is one of the the players we need to replace. He was obviously a very good player but has lost that spark. I don't know if he can get it back and maybe he needs a change. Just my opinion, don't bite!!
What was very good IMO was Laudrup commenting after the game about Taylor. We are keeping him unless we can get a suitable replacement but it was the tone of the comment that to me sounded like it's not a foregone conclusion he will leave in the summer!!
yes I have been critical of Laudrup, I know!! But that doesn't mean I really think he has to leave. Everyone makes mistakes and has bad patches, even legends. And I think continuity is just as valuable to us, the thought that he may stay could just give the players a lift too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hernandez on 12:05 - Jan 29 with 2271 viewsCooperman

Hernandez on 11:56 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Yeah this. Pablo couldn't beat a tiring full back for pace and obviously he is not match fit but just maybe injuries have robbed him of some pace too. His first touch is good and maybe he would do better in the CAM role sometimes?
Dyer made a world of difference, we looked dangerous when he arrived. He scared the life out of the two defenders who just couldn't control him!!
For me, Hernandez is one of the the players we need to replace. He was obviously a very good player but has lost that spark. I don't know if he can get it back and maybe he needs a change. Just my opinion, don't bite!!
What was very good IMO was Laudrup commenting after the game about Taylor. We are keeping him unless we can get a suitable replacement but it was the tone of the comment that to me sounded like it's not a foregone conclusion he will leave in the summer!!
yes I have been critical of Laudrup, I know!! But that doesn't mean I really think he has to leave. Everyone makes mistakes and has bad patches, even legends. And I think continuity is just as valuable to us, the thought that he may stay could just give the players a lift too.

Can you expand on the post match comment about Taylor as I didnt hear it. I for one dont want to see him leave due to his versatility.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Hernandez on 12:11 - Jan 29 with 2245 viewsCatullus

Hernandez on 12:05 - Jan 29 by Cooperman

Can you expand on the post match comment about Taylor as I didnt hear it. I for one dont want to see him leave due to his versatility.

Sorry I can't. I read it on the Skysports app this morning and it's gone already. I can't remember it word for word but it sounded more positive to me!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hernandez on 12:17 - Jan 29 with 2213 viewsstevethejack

He was committed in a number of challenges, especially the sliding tackle in the north east corner - fantastic tackle.

Too many people slag him off rather than encourage the player. With so many knob-heads slating him, it's bound to affect his confidence.

I agree with ML that Dyer for Hernandez was the obvious swap, backed up by the fact that both players are just returning from injuries and neither could manage 90 minutes.
Hernandez on 12:17 - Jan 29 with 2209 viewsraynor94

Yet he set up two goalscoring opportunities for shelvey

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Hernandez on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 2150 viewsJackhero

Hernandez on 10:15 - Jan 29 by shandyjack

A one off performance? What about last Saturday against Brum, I know most of our team were shocking that day but it wasn't until I looked at the electronic scoreboard I realised he was on the pitch! Hernandez for me is not performing end of and no amount of excuses can change my mind. As someone mentioned hes played more than enough for us to to be able to judge him. He needs to improve quickly to get me to change my mind. I've no doubt he has the ability as he has shown it in a few matches, he just needs to do it most matches. C'mon Pablo sort it out

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024