Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Club Record 08:22 - Jan 30 with 4092 viewsPhil_S

There were more home fans in the ground on Tuesday night than for any previous game at the Liberty

Reason being new seats added around the ground and us being able to sell the returns we got from Fulham to Swans fans
A Club Record on 08:32 - Jan 30 with 3086 viewsDr_Winston

Sooner we get the expansion built and more season tickets sold the better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A Club Record on 08:40 - Jan 30 with 3032 viewsOdgaard

A Club Record on 08:32 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Sooner we get the expansion built and more season tickets sold the better.

Expansion is crucial for our PL Status! We are far behind our competition ! Hull have the second smallest stadium with 25,400 ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Premier_League
A Club Record on 09:14 - Jan 30 with 2927 viewswhiterock

Won't happen this April, as reported in press
A Club Record on 09:16 - Jan 30 with 2922 viewsDr_Winston

A Club Record on 09:14 - Jan 30 by whiterock

Why not?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A Club Record on 09:19 - Jan 30 with 2898 viewsOdgaard

second! WHY?
A Club Record on 09:25 - Jan 30 with 2850 viewsjohnlangy

What press ? I've not read anything. Until HJ and the board say otherwise i'll go by what they (the people that make the decisions) actually said. Start in March provided we're confident of staying up.
A Club Record on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 2789 viewsMattG

A Club Record on 09:25 - Jan 30 by johnlangy

What press ? I've not read anything. Until HJ and the board say otherwise i'll go by what they (the people that make the decisions) actually said. Start in March provided we're confident of staying up.

Start in March regardless, IMO, one phase at a time.

Any work needs to be complete (or at least as close to complete as possible) by the start of the following season - waiting until we're safe makes that much harder to achieve. There's money in the coffers so, even at the risk of putting a dent in the next dividend, we need to forge ahead.
A Club Record on 09:38 - Jan 30 with 2784 viewsWhiterockin

As a matter of interest what was the home gate.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

A Club Record on 10:01 - Jan 30 with 2647 viewsnumbers123

if we wait till we are safe to do it we will never do it. there will always be a doubt in whether we will stay up or not as it always will be for the majority in the league.

I think its crucial to expand even if we go down. there will be lots of empty seats then of course but id be confident in us coming back up in no time so it would be readey for that. theres no sense in turning people away from tickets.
A Club Record on 10:07 - Jan 30 with 2616 viewsperchrockjack

A Club Record on 10:01 - Jan 30 by numbers123

if we wait till we are safe to do it we will never do it. there will always be a doubt in whether we will stay up or not as it always will be for the majority in the league.

I think its crucial to expand even if we go down. there will be lots of empty seats then of course but id be confident in us coming back up in no time so it would be readey for that. theres no sense in turning people away from tickets.

GOOD POST and if we have any ambition the stadium has to be bigger. I d also like to see it used for the bigger music acts instead of everyone having to traipse to Cardiff. Swansea needs to be regenerated and find its niche /its identity and that could be a music city

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A Club Record on 10:11 - Jan 30 with 2595 viewsPhil_S

A Club Record on 09:36 - Jan 30 by MattG

Start in March regardless, IMO, one phase at a time.

Any work needs to be complete (or at least as close to complete as possible) by the start of the following season - waiting until we're safe makes that much harder to achieve. There's money in the coffers so, even at the risk of putting a dent in the next dividend, we need to forge ahead.

I'm not convinced that the statement there is money in the coffers is correct completely?

Don't confuse profit with cash in the bank and look at what we have spent on what since that profit was made?
A Club Record on 10:17 - Jan 30 with 2544 viewswaynekerr55

A Club Record on 10:11 - Jan 30 by Phil_S

I'm not convinced that the statement there is money in the coffers is correct completely?

Don't confuse profit with cash in the bank and look at what we have spent on what since that profit was made?

Could we at least spend on the groundworks so then the other stuff could potentially be delayed if the worst was to happen?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

A Club Record on 10:19 - Jan 30 with 2529 viewsPhil_S

A Club Record on 10:17 - Jan 30 by waynekerr55

Could we at least spend on the groundworks so then the other stuff could potentially be delayed if the worst was to happen?

I don't know much of the expansion logistics is way over my head. Personally I think we should do it but it has to be funded from somewhere and I am not sure that we have the kind of finances available to do it?

Its Catch 22 and I'm glad I dont have to manage it !!
A Club Record on 10:23 - Jan 30 with 2507 viewsDr_Winston

A Club Record on 10:19 - Jan 30 by Phil_S

I don't know much of the expansion logistics is way over my head. Personally I think we should do it but it has to be funded from somewhere and I am not sure that we have the kind of finances available to do it?

Its Catch 22 and I'm glad I dont have to manage it !!

If, as stated, the plan is to start the work this summer then one would assume that financial arrangements are already in place because the deadlines for arranging a contractor and ordering the materials in time can't be more than a month or two away.

A Club Record on 10:23 - Jan 30 with 2501 viewslonglostjack

Six points from the next two games and we can get started !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A Club Record on 10:28 - Jan 30 with 2464 viewsMattG

A Club Record on 10:11 - Jan 30 by Phil_S

Understood and I don't for a moment want to ignore the excellent investment at Landore and Fairwood not to mention signings like Bony and Shelvey.

That said, I would be staggered if there wasn't enough money in the coffers to enable us to at least get started - expansion is so key that, at some point, we have to take the plunge even if our PL survival isn't assured.
A Club Record on 10:45 - Jan 30 with 2397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A Club Record on 10:07 - Jan 30 by perchrockjack

GOOD POST and if we have any ambition the stadium has to be bigger. I d also like to see it used for the bigger music acts instead of everyone having to traipse to Cardiff. Swansea needs to be regenerated and find its niche /its identity and that could be a music city

Even gooder post

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A Club Record on 11:56 - Jan 30 with 2278 viewsLord_Bony

It's going to be a tight table for a while at least . The board is still dragging it out a bit on a wait and see attitude.
Purely from a business perspective...
If we re going to get relegated then it makes not much sense for many reasons to push ahead with a full expansion.i don't think that's going to happen nevertheless,the next few games for safety will play a big part before giving the green light to the builders.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

A Club Record on 12:08 - Jan 30 with 2234 viewsDewi1jack

I thought that planning permission had only just been granted anyway.
Would have guessed the club would have been guessing on when that was going to be granted, adding a couple of weeks contingency plan on, to give the contractor the heads up on a start date.
Maybe with the contractor working out when the materials need to arrive, for which part of the build, they're the experts.

Anyway, another well done to the Jack Army. I knew we could generate a bit of noise when needed!
Let's keep that going to the end of the season at least. It can help lift the team.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

A Club Record on 12:12 - Jan 30 with 2227 viewsmitchwales

A Club Record on 12:08 - Jan 30 by Dewi1jack

I thought that planning permission had only just been granted anyway.
Would have guessed the club would have been guessing on when that was going to be granted, adding a couple of weeks contingency plan on, to give the contractor the heads up on a start date.
Maybe with the contractor working out when the materials need to arrive, for which part of the build, they're the experts.

Anyway, another well done to the Jack Army. I knew we could generate a bit of noise when needed!
Let's keep that going to the end of the season at least. It can help lift the team.

Excellent news.. know lots of people who'd have loved to have come to more games this season (from people who watched us at the Vetch to new fans).

I understand reservations over expanding, but a lot of people do not even attempt to get tickets because they assume it's impossible.
A Club Record on 12:14 - Jan 30 with 2214 viewsNeathJack

If the finances for the expansion are a couple of million short then questions should be seriously asked about the recent dividend payouts.
A Club Record on 12:24 - Jan 30 with 2163 viewswhiterock

A Club Record on 12:12 - Jan 30 by mitchwales

Excellent news.. know lots of people who'd have loved to have come to more games this season (from people who watched us at the Vetch to new fans).

I understand reservations over expanding, but a lot of people do not even attempt to get tickets because they assume it's impossible.

No one is arguing that it shouldn't happen, just won't happen this spring, there are two issues, funding (this can be overcome) but all the council have granted is outlying planning, this means (AFAIK) that there are lots of issues to be resolved and until this is sorted, nothing will be built.
A Club Record on 12:26 - Jan 30 with 2148 viewsstircrazyjack

If this doesnt go ahead shortly then it will never get started. What the hell are we waiting for?

Im not having not enough cash around either.

ffs we do everything so slowly. Phase one shoud have been done last season
A Club Record on 12:57 - Jan 30 with 2011 viewsDewi1jack

A Club Record on 12:24 - Jan 30 by whiterock

No one is arguing that it shouldn't happen, just won't happen this spring, there are two issues, funding (this can be overcome) but all the council have granted is outlying planning, this means (AFAIK) that there are lots of issues to be resolved and until this is sorted, nothing will be built.

If it's only outline permission I don't think you can commence a build.
Could do with someone on here who understands the construction supply chain.
I'm guessing all the architects/ engineers and everyone elses' plans have been okay-ed.
Know there needed to be a travel plan approved as well, as there does for any major build.
About time someone forced through a rail station at Landore, I know it's only cost that is prohibiting such a build (Network Rail claiming the cost is around £5 million

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

A Club Record on 13:05 - Jan 30 with 1967 viewsJBT95

A Club Record on 12:57 - Jan 30 by Dewi1jack

If it's only outline permission I don't think you can commence a build.
Could do with someone on here who understands the construction supply chain.
I'm guessing all the architects/ engineers and everyone elses' plans have been okay-ed.
Know there needed to be a travel plan approved as well, as there does for any major build.
About time someone forced through a rail station at Landore, I know it's only cost that is prohibiting such a build (Network Rail claiming the cost is around £5 million

Is there any real need? You can catch the 1728 easily (for Saturday 1500 kick offs).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024