Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The drop honest opinion 20:12 - Feb 1 with 6671 viewshonestmint

Apart from the huge amount of money we would lose and the possible cancellation of the ground development (thats all) do anybody think we could come back stronger. Dont get me wrong I pray we will stay up and there is long way to go but I think the championship is piss poor and although our current form is poor ( understatement of the year) after tasting the premiership we would be a big fish in that division. Apart from possibly 8 teams there is nothing between the rest of the premiership and anybody could beat any body from Aston Villa down. I know this is the first time we have struggled in this division but I wonder if our fans would like to be like Wigan was, just missing relegation for yeas and watching your team lose most weeks or watching them winning more often than not in the championship. Any thoughts ?
The drop honest opinion on 20:58 - Feb 1 with 1307 viewsperchrockjack

The drop honest opinion on 20:55 - Feb 1 by monmouth

Because of the poor grammar?

That relevant to our team ?

How many points for perfect posts.

Must be great to be so sanguine this evening.

Still, it shows who is who on here anyway and their posts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The drop honest opinion on 21:08 - Feb 1 with 1277 viewsLord_Bony

Most definatley the stadium expnasion will be put on hold the next few weeks.If we go down I doubt it will progress much further maybe a smaller expansion if anything.

Still don t like this relax we ll be fine attitude though.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The drop honest opinion on 21:17 - Feb 1 with 1258 viewsmonmouth

Just asking.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The drop honest opinion on 21:19 - Feb 1 with 1241 viewsMatlock_Jack

The drop honest opinion on 20:25 - Feb 1 by JBT95

If we did go down, which I don't think we will, we'd need a whole new team pretty much. Other than Leon and Monk, I think the rest would all go. Seriously. Pablo, Chico, Shelvey, and Michu won't play in the Championship for sure. Williams and Davies would move elsewhere no doubt.

That's the problem: we'd have to rebuild and maybe spend longer in the Championship than we want to. I'm not saying we'd be there forever, but I wonder if we'd just 'bounce back'.

Jack
The drop honest opinion on 21:19 - Feb 1 with 1239 viewsPhaedrus

The drop honest opinion on 21:08 - Feb 1 by Lord_Bony

Most definatley the stadium expnasion will be put on hold the next few weeks.If we go down I doubt it will progress much further maybe a smaller expansion if anything.

Still don t like this relax we ll be fine attitude though.

Yes. Its becoming clear that the only thing that will keep us up is blind panic.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

The drop honest opinion on 21:41 - Feb 1 with 1192 viewsLiam12345

ye we could loose half our team down there but i dont think we will go down i would be more worried if i were one of the bottom 4 - 5

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

The drop honest opinion on 21:46 - Feb 1 with 1184 viewsAnotherJohn

I agree that we will lose most of the present team if we are relegated. I could see a chance of another promotion, but I think it will be much more difficult to consolidate in the BPL next time. Brendan's pay-off and the Joe Allen money enabled us to build a team, and together with the once in a decade signing of Michu, gave us a better side than we had any right to expect. If we blow it now we have missed a golden opportunity for an extended run in the BPL at just the time when the TV money has gone through the roof. That is why I find the complacence on display in the window so frustrating.
The drop honest opinion on 21:58 - Feb 1 with 1160 viewshonestmint

Lets give Huw and Martin the credit they deserve.What they have done for us is often overlooked, they are obviously not happy with the situation and I am sure they have got plans in place for a new manager if we stay up or go down.Whatever happens I really think ML has taken us as far as he can or as far he is bothered.
Login to get fewer ads

The drop honest opinion on 22:37 - Feb 1 with 1126 viewstomdickharry

The drop honest opinion on 20:26 - Feb 1 by Tokijo

Would the Stadium expansion be put on hold if relegated?

Lets put it this way,the way we are playing at the moment any thought of stadium development will have been put in the back burner even if we stay up.If we are relegated we may never see stadium development.
The drop honest opinion on 22:59 - Feb 1 with 1110 viewsPhil_S

The drop honest opinion on 22:37 - Feb 1 by tomdickharry

Lets put it this way,the way we are playing at the moment any thought of stadium development will have been put in the back burner even if we stay up.If we are relegated we may never see stadium development.

Stadium expansion won't happen this year whether we stay up or go down.

That much I do know
The drop honest opinion on 23:05 - Feb 1 with 1094 viewsjackharris

The drop honest opinion on 20:18 - Feb 1 by Darran

I sincerely hope we don't go down but I know one thing for sure it won't affect my life if we do,I'll be there next season that's a fact.

Me too! As long as we don't change our kit colour or identity I will be there through thick and thin, as I have been for the past 30 years of my life! Whatever the division. I cowin' luv the Swans!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The drop honest opinion on 00:06 - Feb 2 with 1057 viewsSouthStandRyan03

I sincerely hope we don't go down but I know one thing for sure it won't affect my life if we do,I'll be there next season that's a fact.

In a nutshell.
Great post.
The drop honest opinion on 01:11 - Feb 2 with 1037 viewsCatullus

The drop honest opinion on 20:42 - Feb 1 by monmouth

Aye - I'd be surprised if we were a permanent fixture in the PL. Every season is an adventure in my eyes, not an entitlement. We should be aspirational but its a privelege not a right. Some on here clearly view it differently. They might be misrable I fear.

Those of us who worry about relegation have anything except a sense of entitlement!! We know we need to work harder.
Whatever happens my season is bought and paid for. And I will start next season with certain ambitions, as always.
But if we go down there will probably be no expansion, crowds will drop tho probably only by 2000-2500 due to pre sales and players will leave.
That in itself is not a cause for worry as we would be cash rich and maybe still have a decent core team to build on.
But recognising that relegation isn't necessarily a crisis waiting to happen doesn't mean I'll accept it without a fight!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The drop honest opinion on 01:21 - Feb 2 with 1031 viewshonestmint

I started this post, must say I am really impressed with the loyal swans fans out there
The drop honest opinion on 09:21 - Feb 2 with 1000 viewsjohnlangy

The drop honest opinion on 20:20 - Feb 1 by j01

me to

So the crowd will be at least 3.
The drop honest opinion on 09:24 - Feb 2 with 961 viewsDr_Winston

The drop honest opinion on 20:28 - Feb 1 by Phil_S

I wonder if you have a bad day at work if your customers go home and declare to their friends that you are a joke?

I probably do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The drop honest opinion on 09:29 - Feb 2 with 952 viewsTrundle10

This, and, as my 6 year old son has also got the Swansea bug i may be more able to relocate my season ticket to the family stand and get him one there too. I would obviously prefer we stayed up tho, but if we did go down, after kicking the cat it would be business as usual.
The drop honest opinion on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 939 viewsScoobyWho

The drop honest opinion on 20:26 - Feb 1 by Liberty

Who is your favourite player from the Hollins era

Ha, Hollins was a complete pr ick mind :-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The drop honest opinion on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 907 viewsmarchamjack

Honest opinion

Bought my s/t already for next year

Will I travel down from Oxon for each game in the Championship? No, I will travel down less and pick and choose my games more (midweek to see us against Barnsley say...very unlikely).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The drop honest opinion on 10:46 - Feb 2 with 892 viewsjacksinceever

Me too seasons bought & paid for.
Any players we have to sell so be it. Any that want to go can feck off
The drop honest opinion on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 878 viewsWatchman

Nice post but the loss of revenue is an irrelevance as the club have already budgetted plans should we be relegated. What is important is we go back to the drawing board and as HJ has said from day 1 if anyone does not want to play/work hard for OUR club knock on his door and the club will help find them a new home

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The drop honest opinion on 10:55 - Feb 2 with 860 viewsNOTRAC

Although most on here believe we would have no money problems if we were relegated,one of the major problems would be with the contracted players who would not be wanted by other Premiership clubs.The differential in players wages between the Premiership and the Championship could mean that we will be stuck with players who simply were not good enough for the Premiership ,and probably wouldn't be that good in the Championship.We seem to have signed a lot of these this year, the so called squad players.That Euro Championship has a lot to answer for.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The drop honest opinion on 11:04 - Feb 2 with 840 viewsWatchman

The drop honest opinion on 10:55 - Feb 2 by NOTRAC

Although most on here believe we would have no money problems if we were relegated,one of the major problems would be with the contracted players who would not be wanted by other Premiership clubs.The differential in players wages between the Premiership and the Championship could mean that we will be stuck with players who simply were not good enough for the Premiership ,and probably wouldn't be that good in the Championship.We seem to have signed a lot of these this year, the so called squad players.That Euro Championship has a lot to answer for.

all contracts are revenue related and rise and fall with the levles of income at the club. HJ confirmed this on Sky at the start of our first season in EPL

The club have already said they expect at least a third of the squad to leave if we were to get relegated

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The drop honest opinion on 11:05 - Feb 2 with 830 viewsDewi1jack

I thought (hoped) that the players all had relegation clauses about wages put into place.
This was the reason DDV went and joined "a more stable and bigger team, capable of Prem football."
Can't remember if Pratley had the same argument with the club as well.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The drop honest opinion on 11:18 - Feb 2 with 811 viewsZut_Alors

At first glance I thought your post looked sensible, but I re-read it and realised there's an awful lot of speculation there. Who wouldn't be good enough for the championship?

Perhaps some might not welcome the physical aspect of it, but play the way we do and keep the ball, and we can ride that challenge. We had a core of Dyer, Allen and Leon in the championship, and they all performed remarkably. Most of our fringe players are either on loan or short term contracts. Lamah, Vasquez, Emnes, N'Gog — all their contracts will expire at the end of the season. We'd have no trouble shifting players, imo.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024